Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3850921 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ishilove:

John looks like Count Dracula in that photo.

Because count Dracula wears white suits or because the count isnt usually with a cloak.

I wonder what Dracula movies you watch. Dracula is always in black.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
#SaturdayNightFever
Currently at the 45-minute mark. Mind-blowing as expected. Inducing nostalgia and it feels good grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
Saworo ede. Anybody with the download link for the part two agogo ewo pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
mekaprime:

I didn't download, I got it off a 21 in 1 DVD. Though you can check YouTube, am sure it'd be there.
Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge.

MKL:SR is the latest installment in the Mortal Kombat cinematic universe. It's a animated movie that tells the origin story of scorpion along side the events of MK1.

This movie is easily the best MK movie every made (even though that isn't saying much considering that the live action MK movies are shit), But then again the movie is really good.

If you are a fan of over the top gore and violence, then, this movie is for you.
MK games are one of the most violent games out there, so it makes a lot of sense that a good adaption of the game should also have a lot of gore.

The movie has a lot of fan service and features a lot of popular faces from classic MK. the voice acting is serviceable, and the story is averagish.

The animation is good but I would have preferred if the movie looked more like the 3d Resident Evil animated movies or even cutscenes from MK 9/X/11, however its not very distracting.

Overall, the movie is really entertaining and the fight scenes are top notch (you even get to see the x-ray of some moves like in the game.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself so I'll be giving it a rating of 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
losprince:
Doctor strange 6.5/10

I saw this movie last night and almost forgot I did. I don't plan to see every movie in MCU but I find the character of doctor strange very alluring and always assured myself that I was going to see his movie and when I finally did, it was such a letdown. I still like the character tho, but his origin movie should have been way better than that generic CGI show off, and people actually compare this flick to the first iron man movie (maybe due to the similar story arc, but for quality, iron man is way better, and iron man sucks! grin)

The CGI is not generic in any way.
IMO Dr Strange has one of the best CGI in the whole MCU.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2020
Saturday Night Fever is John Travolta's first blockbuster movie.
#SaturdayNightFever

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
This dance scene is regarded as the best in the movie. The camera pan angle, the lighting, the pose, everything. Beautiful!
#SaturdayNightFever

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
DriggityDre:
#SaturdayNightFever

Ogbeni, how many times will you mention this movie? No be say na new movie

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
DriggityDre:
#SaturdayNightFever
Lol. Now he looks like my dad

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Ogbeni, how many times will you mention this movie? No be say na new movie
Kindly swerve. You're ruining my nostalgia undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kvngfrosh(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
abduleez1:

Even me self. I love that King Shark, the guy is funny as hell. His voice alone will make you laugh. grin

I'm also a bit hard pressed between King Shark and Clayface which I love most. They are just funny, that Clayface has a way with words. grin
grin He talks in a funny way

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
mekaprime:
My Spy(2020).....6/10
Genre: Action, Comedy, Family

The flick was basically a heartwarming feel good movie. Story was simple, & wittily written, though it was kinda predictable. Acting was good, though i kinda expected more action from the big guy(David Batista), Chloe Coleman really killed it for me, for a child actor, she was pretty amazing & convincing in her role.

It had some lil cuss & vulgar words, but it was very much ok & not over the top like what we had in Coffee & Kareem. It also had some few good laughs.

All in all, it was a good movie, and i totally fancied it for what it was. PG highly adviced, if you hope to see with kids.

Saw this and I was not inclined to give it a try... Wasn't really convinced the movie would be decent with Bautista in that role.. Plus the reviews were average... May look into it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
losprince:

This guy, it's like you have two left brains. I don't engage in blind fanaticism.
yes. angry
Ok angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
abduleez1:

1. Nope. It's for your derailer. grin

2. Wetin you go do me sef? undecided
1. that's good angry

2. You are lucky that you made this statement after confirmation of the target. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gmajor:

the opening scene involving d ancient one was magical CGI wise

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gmajor:
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge.

MKL:SR is the latest installment in the Mortal Kombat cinematic universe. It's a animated movie that tells the origin story of scorpion along side the events of MK1.

This movie is easily the best MK movie every made (even though that isn't saying much considering that the live action MK movies are shit), But then again the movie is really good.

If you are a fan of over the top gore and violence, then, this movie is for you.
MK games are one of the most violent games out there, so it makes a lot of sense that a good adaption of the game should also have a lot of gore.

The movie has a lot of fan service and features a lot of popular faces from classic MK. the voice acting is serviceable, and the story is averagish.

The animation is good but I would have preferred if the movie looked more like the 3d Resident Evil animated movies or even cutscenes from MK 9/X/11, however its not very distracting.

Overall, the movie is really entertaining and the fight scenes are top notch (you even get to see the x-ray of some moves like in the game.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself so I'll be giving it a rating of 7/10.

still vexed they didn't give a Japanese Voice actor the role of Hanzo Hasashi..would have created a sense of originality other than that the animation was pretty decent and the fighting sequence was ok, just hope WB doesn't just stop here, they should be more.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
DriggityDre:
Good taste, brother.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
IronPant:

Good taste, brother.
Thanks, brother smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gmajor:

Of course johnny the CGI was fantastic! I did call it a CGI show off didn't I? By generic, I meant the story, that part was clear in my post was it not?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
nani667:

Saw this and I was not inclined to give it a try... Wasn't really convinced the movie would be decent with Bautista in that role.. Plus the reviews were average... May look into it

The movie was ok, all thanks to Chloe Coleman, she was the saving grace of the movie. The director & script writer were wise enough to channel all the attention/spotlight on her,cause they kinda knew Batista was a mediocre actor. Dwyane Johnson isn't perfect himself ,but he'd have been the ideal cast for that role.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
The Prodigal Son(1981)...9/10
Genre:Action, Comedy

LMAO... I've been literally laughing my ass all through. This is a flick that would definitely give any Jackie Chan movie a run for it's money, all thanks to Yuen Biao's & Lam Ching's performance most especially.

The fight choreography were top notch & very realistic, the plot, editing, music score, cinematography & directing were brilliant nevertheless.

All in all, It was truly an ageless masterpiece.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gmajor:

Don't you know someone like that is cursed ?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
Trailer alert!!!!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by seankafor(m): 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
Blue story.

7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNummeruno: 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Saturday Night Fever (1977);

.(°_°)/
< ) )
. / \

8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
troubleseller:
Trailer alert!!!!
An Al Capone movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
The Hurt Locker .......... 7.5/10

Slow paced war movie on US Army EOD bombs disposal squad.

Some scenes are nerve wrecking, nice acting from the cast.

But that Jeremy Renner's character is one motherfvvker I would gladly avoid if I was in such a unit. He's annoyingly reckless, and a person that gets you killed. That's one person I would not want to be in my team.

The funny thing about peeps like that is that their recklessness hardly gets them killed but their squad members always tend to suffer for it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
abduleez1:
The Hurt Locker .......... 7.5/10

Slow paced war movie on US Army EOD bombs disposing squad.

Some scenes are nerve wrecking, nice acting from the cast.

But that Jeremy Renner's character is one motherfvvker I would gladly avoid if I was in such a unit. He's annoyingly reckless, and a person that gets you killed. That's one person I would not want to be in my team.

The funny thing about peeps like that is that their recklessness hardly gets them killed but their squad members always tend to suffer for it.
i remember dis film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNummeruno: 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
Life of Brian (1979);

I have never laughed so hard in my life. Comedy gold.

10/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2020
What's your top 3 Movie songs of all time?

Mine is;

1. Million voices by Wyclef for the movie: Hotel Rwanda.

2. See you again by Wiz Kalifa for the movie: Fast and Furious.

3. Home by Machine Gun Kelly et al for the movie: Bright

There might be other fantastic movie songs I cant remember right now.

What's yours?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
DandeNummeruno:
Saturday Night Fever (1977);

.(°_°)/
< ) )
. / \

8/10

The hype for this movie coming from all angles today... Issorite... I will download now

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.