Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3850929 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) ... (3871) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Dont you just love it when late comers give anachronistic movie reviews? Using 2020 mind to review a 1987 movie lol.

How do you think the movie was reviewed in the 80s and early 90s?

The film is a late 80s film and not 90s.

Please, I know reviews are opinions but garnish them with facts and proper context

Late comer, Lol,

Apparently you missed the part I intimated that it's "a rewatch" in the last paragraph.

It's nostalgia that drew me to the film. I wanted to see how well it aged, as opposed to the last time I watched it as a kid.

I reiterate, it didn't age well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Train to Busan (2016; Korean)

This reminds me of World War Z. Never a fan of horror movies but man, I enjoyed this. Predictable storyline with equitable amount of stupidity, carelessness, callousness, sacrifice, loyalty and hopelessness. The cast put up a good performance thereby, making the pictures raise the bar for the upcoming sequel.

8.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bratking:

Late comer, Lol,

Apparently you missed the part I intimated that it's "a rewatch" in the last paragraph.

It's nostalgia that drew me to the film. I wanted to see how well it aged, as opposed to the last time I watched it as a kid.

I reiterate, it didn't age well.

It is normal for 80s science fiction movies not to age well 3 DECADES LATER, especially futuristic ones.

What did you expect? For them to accurately predict the future? modern day CGI? lol

When a film critic reviews an ancient movie, the critic keeps in mind that he is reviewing it from a different era.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Dont you just love it when late comers give anachronistic movie reviews? Using 2020 mind to review a 1987 movie lol.

How do you think the movie was reviewed in the 80s and early 90s?

The film is a late 80s film and not 90s.

Please, I know reviews are opinions but garnish them with facts and proper context

The bolded shows you haven't even watched the very film you're defending, because you'd know the film's timeline was 2017.

My criticism of the primitive tech lies in the fact that the tech didn't look futuristic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

It is normal for 80s science fiction movies not to age well 3 DECADES LATER, especially futuristic ones.

What did you expect? For them to accurately predict the future? modern day CGI? lol

When a film critic reviews an ancient movie, the critic keeps in mind that he is reviewing it from a different era.

Nigga, I've watched other science fictions from the 80s that aged well. This one didn't.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bratking:

The bolded shows you haven't even watched the very film you're defending, because you'd know the film's timeline was 2017.

My criticism of the primitive tech lies in the fact that the tech didn't look futuristic.

I watched that film when I was a teenager. I will watch it again to give you a more robust reply. I cant remember everything but the film is not as bad as you put it. Expect my retort this evening.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Spiderman: Far from Home (2019)

A good post-endgame movie although, mostly childish as expected. I hate the fact that Spiderman has been completely made the protege of Ironman. Although naive, Spiderman was not meant to be stupid as this one has been made to be in Homecoming and FFH. This movie is however good in introducing the Spiderman as a probable new face of the Avengers.

7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
If you are not practising social distancing from common sense, you will have also noticed that I only put ratings score on movies which haven't been previously rated by anybody else on this thread.

Example Bird Box, Edge of Tomorrow, Warlord and the likes.
MacCantStopMe:

Guy, you said that you hate cowardice. That is all well and good.

However, I noticed that you dont BRAVELY put ratings score again?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bratking:

Nigga, I've watched other science fictions from the 80s that aged well. The one didn't.

Even "Back to the future" made a lot of mistakes about the future- it assumed that we would still be using fax.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
alexistaiwo:
If you are not practising social distancing from common sense, you will have also noticed that I only put ratings score on movies which haven't been previously rated by anybody else on this thread.

Example Bird Box, Edge of Tomorrow, Warlord and the likes.

That is foolishness. Come on. Don't fall my hand with such nonsense.

When we both know that you aren't a cinema person and you tend to watch films later than most people here. This means that you will hardly ever have a chance to review movies since you are usually one of the last people to watch it.

Take Edge of Tomorrow for instance, did you watch it in the cinema?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
DriggityDre:

I think he was banned till 2041. thelastorca_ is his alternate

LMAO..... really? How will someone be banned till 2041? shocked

Mad oo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO..... really? How will someone be banned till 2041? shocked
Dude probably messed up bad.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
When did watching movies in the cinema become a prerequisite for being immune to contacting Covid-19?

You think watching movies is all there is to living?

Mind yourself this afternoon!

MacCantStopMe:

That is foolishness. Come on. Don't fall my hand with such nonsense.

When we both know that you aren't a cinema person and you tend to watch films later than most people here. This means that you will hardly ever have a chance to review movies since you are usually one of the last people to watch it.

Take Edge of Tomorrow for instance, did you watch it in the cinema?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Even "Back to the future" made a lot of mistakes about the future- it assumed that we would still be using fax.

That reminds me, I'm gonna rewatch the trilogy to see how well it aged.

Aliens aged well, it's a film way beyond it's time. Terminator aged well. The Abyss also aged well. The Thing aged well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
DriggityDre:

Lol. I will prefer to be on lockdown over there. Here is quite boring. I think you're not living far from my home. We might hang out after this lockdown. How's that? smiley
No problem. Though you can come anytime. I'm always open, for now.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
DriggityDre:

Dude probably messed up bad.

Seriously? So you ain't joking?

I thought you were kidding. undecided What sort of offence that requires decades of ban?
NL funny Sha. grin grin

So him pikin go come help am serve ban. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolulopefinest(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
Miracle in Cell No 7.
Damn...
I never knew when drop of tears fell from my eyes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lemme join the hype train

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
abduleez1:
I thought you were kidding. undecided What sort of offence that requires decades of ban?
It's better o. Make people no dey play anyhow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
IronPant:

No problem. Though you can come anytime. I'm always open, for now.
Lmao grin. I am not even sure you live around here. I would have asked, but lemme not disclose my location lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bloodshot 2020........5/10.......it's just a Low Budget "24hrs to Live" wannabe....

Bad Boys for Life 7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bratking:

Most futuristic tech in old sci-fi movies were hit-or-miss. But don't let that distract you from the fact that we still haven't gotten jetpacks or hoverboards.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
mekaprime:
The Main Event(2020)...1/10
Genre:Action, Comedy, Family

Movie was one heck of a dumpster fire from Netflix, there was basically nothing good about this flick, absolutely nothing good.

Another wasted MB.
lol..... who takes movie produce from WWE Studios seriously..... they are number one makers of wack movies

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Jerry Maguire 1996- 9/10
THIS movie is still as fresh as ever...
Tom Cruise at his best...
The supporting cast of Cuba jr, Regina king, Renee schellzger were all marvelous....
I've re watched this movie about 10 times and it never gets old...
Cuba Jr and Tom were nominated for an Oscar for their roles, Cuba won for best supporting actor

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kaycee7:
Most futuristic tech in old sci-fi movies were hit-or-miss. But don't let that distract you from the fact that we still haven't gotten jetpacks or hoverboards.

Jetpacks and hoverboards, even nanotech have been invented though. Saw a viral YouTube video of a Volkswagen engineered hovercar the other day. It has no tires, or any visible propeller, but was floating in moderate speed in busy asian high road.

The futuristic techs are there, it just that they haven't gone mainstream yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWh2qT9yiTo

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
DriggityDre:

Lmao grin. I am not even sure you live around here. I would have asked, but lemme not disclose my location lipsrsealed
I've sent you a pm.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
kendrick93:
Jerry Maguire 1996- 9/10
THIS movie is still as fresh as ever...
Tom Cruise at his best...
The supporting cast of Cuba jr, Regina king, Renee schellzger were all marvelous....
I've re watched this movie about 10 times and it never gets old...
Cuba Jr and Tom were nominated for an Oscar for their roles, Cuba won for best supporting actor

IMO, the golden era of Tom Cruise's career is between Top Gun (1986) and Minority Report (2002). After the later, he quit diversifying, and became just another action star.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sammyoriade(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tolulopefinest:
Miracle in Cell No 7.
Damn...
I never knew when drop of tears fell from my eyes.

Too bad the original Korean movie have been relegated by this one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
sammyoriade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkUjUmyfqWU

Is this a movie ? Gtfoh with your bullshit

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Africancreator: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
kushercain:
The postcard Killings (2020)

Just started would be back to drop a grade but looking good so far

7/10 solid

(1) (2) (3) ... (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) ... (3871) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.