Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,222 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:37 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3864117 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (3873) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 27, 2018
sprints2:
having problems playing H.265 download MPC player if you want to watch on ur led screen connect via HDMI and BT the audio to your sound system (Home theatre) grab popcorn turn off the lights congrats u have successfully created a cinematic experience in your home

Gbam!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2018
- Unbreakable (2000): fantastic
- Split (2016): fantastic
- Glass (2019: ??

After watching Split, and seeing Dunn at the end, I realized Unbreakable and the former are connected. So I did some quick research, and to my delight, both are part of a trilogy that would conclude next year with Glass. Very Night. Shyamalan.

It will be very interesting to see Dunn take on The Horde and Mr Glass. Knowing Night Shyamalan, this movie will either be an Oscar worthy masterpiece or a box office disaster. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:27am On Jul 27, 2018
sprints2:
big lie its not yet out u mean HDTC not HDrip... its usually out a month to the release of Blue ray
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2018
sprints2:
big lie its not yet out u mean HDTC not HDrip... its usually out a month to the release of Blue ray

K
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
Split 5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bryan12(m): 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
Forget Marvel's....infinity war and black panther.
The best movie I've seen this year is Den of thieves and a quiet place.These are nice stand alone movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bryan12:
The best movie I've seen this year is Den of thieves and a quiet place.These are nice stand alone movies.

Just like to point out that they ain't standalone either. Both have sequels planned for the future, probably next year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
Operation Red Sea 6.5/10.

Weak and haphazard storyline with an impressive CGI (though there was a scene where the bombing looked like fireworks instead of actual bomb) and action sequences for a Chinese movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Shutter Island- 9/10

Neo-noir, psychological thriller with a capital T. I have just been thoroughly mindfvcked. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Phew!! shocked

KoiceReloaded, can you recommend anymore??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
The Devil's Doorway - 7/10

Could the movie be true.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ishilove:
Shutter Island- 9/10

Neo-noir, psychological thriller with a capital T. I have just been thoroughly mindfvcked. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Phew!! shocked

KoiceReloaded, can you recommend anymore??

Shutter Island is a masterpiece. I was so pissed that DiCaprio didn't win an Oscar for it, but then The Oscars is mostly a political institution atm.

At first, I was completely mindf**ked by the ending, but after watching the film again, I figured it out. Edward was completely sane at the end, but chose to pretend to be insane rather than to live with the memory of what he did and what happened to his kids.

You can never go wrong with a DiCaprio movie. The man's name is synonymous with quality. All movies he played a prominent character in are consistently good.

- The Departed (Holy sh*t!)
- Catch me if you can (the movie is aptly named)
- Blood Diamond (thriller)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (classic DiCaprio)
- The Revenant (he finally won an Oscars with this one)
- Inception (His biggest mindf**k movie to date)
- The Great Gatsby (Very emotional)
- Django Unchained (typical Tarantino flick)
- Titanic (Everyone has seen this at least twice in their lives)
- The Man in the Iron Mask (one of his most difficult roles because he played two different characters with contrasting characteristics)
- Poison Ivy (young DiCaprio. His breakout role)
- The Aviator
- Body of Lies
- Gangs of New York

If you're into more mindf**ks, check out:

- Donnie Darko
- Se7en (Holy sh*t)
- Looper
- Primer
- Mr. Nobody
- Triangle
- Fight Club
- Predestination
- Prestige
- American Psycho
- The Usual Suspects
- Cloud Atlas
- Source Code
- V for Vendetta (Remember Mr Smith from the Matrix trilogy?)
- Edge of Tomorrow (Tom Cruise at his best)
- The life of Pi
- Identity
- 12 Monkeys

I plucked the list directly from my HDD. I have had them for years. They are so good that I can't bring myself to delete any of them. I've deleted some, but not these.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
Beorn:

Weak and haphazard storyline with an impressive CGI (though there was a scene where the bombing looked like fireworks instead of actual bomb) and action sequences for a Chinese movie.
you get mind fah...I couldn't watch the damn movie finish
Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by spydey6: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Dynasty
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2018
Funjosh:
Split 5/10
Add 1 more and make it 6. That movie try na oga Funjosh. sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
sod09:
you get mind fah...I couldn't watch the damn movie finish
Lol

The plot was very wack and directionless, but I just had to finish it coz they tried in some of the actions. I wasnt fully focused on the film when I found out it's mediocre; I used to browse or chat with friends while I watched the film. It's the only way I'd last throughout the duration of the movie. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
Beorn:

The plot was very wack and directionless, but I just had to finish it coz they tried in some of the actions. I wasnt fully focused on the film when I found out it's mediocre; I used to browse or chat with friends while I watched the film. It's the only way I'd last throughout the duration of the movie. grin
the moment a soldier was helping the forced suicide bomber out of a car and RPG bounced off the car shocked.
I said myself I can't continue again nigga grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Moneyboyz: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
sod09:
the moment a soldier was helping the forced suicide bomber out of a car and RPG bounced off the car shocked.
I said myself I can't continue again nigga grin

Buwahahahahaha. grin grin You just made me laugh like a fool now. grin grin

But isn't it possible? it's not like it bounced back, it just kinda brushed against the car and deviated a bit.

The film had gone past the hour mark in that scene, so you'd have persevered and see the movie through till the end. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bourne007(m): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
Willow wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Beorn:

Buwahahahahaha. grin grin You just made me laugh like a fool now. grin grin

But isn't it possible? it's not like it bounced back, it just kinda brushed against the car and deviated a bit.

The film had gone past the hour mark in that scene, so you'd have persevered and see the movie through till the end. grin
I couldn't help it again grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
Viking007:
Abi make I subtract 1 comot self.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
Funjosh:
Split 5/10
Viking007:

Seriously, are people trolling with these movie ratings?

How can split be anything less than a 7/10?

Personally, I give it 8.5/10.

The movie just kept you wondering where the villains split personality would take him to.

The only downside is that there wasnt much action. The suspense made up for it, though.

Edit:

Rotten tomatoes and IMDb both put the movie at approximately 7.3/10. Proves my point
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
JackBizzle:

The movie just kept you wondering where the villains split personality would take him to.

The only downside is that there wasnt much action. The suspense made up for it, though.

I was surprised seeing 5/10 for Split. That movie was fantastic. It's like the critic that rated it 5/10 didn't factor in the fact that James McAvoy put in world-class effort in pulling off the 23 different personalities in that film.

BTW, the second person you quoted was not wrong, he's just trying to subtly tell Fůnjosh that the 5/10 he gave it was too poor, hence urging him to add one more mark to push it past the average score he awarded it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Beorn:

I was surprised seeing 5/10 for Split. That movie was fantastic. It's like the critic that rated it 5/10 didn't factor in the fact that James McAvoy put in world-class effort in pulling off the 23 different personalities in that film.

BTW, the second person you quoted was not wrong, he's just trying to subtly tell Fůnjosh that the 5/10 he gave it was too poor, hence urging him to add one more mark to push past the average score he awarded it.

Yeah.

The movie is not average at all. It's a masterpiece.

James McAvoy deserves awards for his performance. I truly believed his different characters
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
JackBizzle:

Edit:

Rotten tomatoes and IMDb both put the movie at approximately 7.3/10. Proves my point

Viking007:
Split: 7/10. This oyibo people have finally found a way of rationalizing demonic possession.

We are on the same page. I don't know what brother Funjosh watched that he's rating it 5/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Deadpool 2. 7.5/10

I prefer the storyline and action sequence of part 1 than part 2's, but love the humour in part 2 more than the humour in part 1.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bryan12:
maybe I will watch the den of thieves...am not a fan of black american movie I will try and watch it...if the movie no sweet bro na attack I go attack u I cannot waste 925mb on that though its been long
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
Beorn:
Deadpool 2. 7.5/10

I prefer the storyline and action sequence of part 1 than part 2's, but love the humour in part 2 more than the humour in part 1.
deadpool is ridiculous stupid movie that is meaningless but very interesting to watch and u be surprised its a movie u can watch again despite its stupidity... still can't believe Ryan Reynolds did the voice over act for jaggernut (am gonna rip u into half) no wonder since hitman bodyguard Ryan Reynolds has been MIA the guy has made a lot from this deadpool 2 movie both as writer producer and actor...but he deserves an Oscar for this movie despite the fact the jokes ain't funny particularly the movie is just really interesting gonna watch it on blue -ray again still having disbelief the CGI is that great...its a nice movie considering the fact its foolish..well deadpool is meant to stupidly good watch it again deadpool 2 action sequence surpasses 1... the CGI effect was even better than 1...but still undecided about the CGI of this movie cuz I have to see it on blue ray..josh brolin again nailed his semi villain role as cable in this movie...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Shutter Island is a masterpiece. I was so pissed that DiCaprio didn't win an Oscar for it, but then The Oscars is mostly a political institution atm.

At first, I was completely mindf**ked by the ending, but after watching the film again, I figured it out. Edward was completely sane at the end, but chose to pretend to be insane rather than to live with the memory of what he did and what happened to his kids.

You can never go wrong with a DiCaprio movie. The man's name is synonymous with quality. All movies he played a prominent character in are consistently good.

- The Departed (Holy sh*t!)
- Catch me if you can (the movie is aptly named)
- Blood Diamond (thriller)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (classic DiCaprio)
- The Revenant (he finally won an Oscars with this one)
- Inception (His biggest mindf**k movie to date)
- The Great Gatsby (Very emotional)
- Django Unchained (typical Tarantino flick)
- Titanic (Everyone has seen this at least twice in their lives)
- The Man in the Iron Mask (one of his most difficult roles because he played two different characters with contrasting characteristics)
- Poison Ivy (young DiCaprio. His breakout role)
- The Aviator
- Body of Lies
- Gangs of New York

If you're into more mindf**ks, check out:

- Donnie Darko
- Se7en (Holy sh*t)
- Looper
- Primer
- Mr. Nobody
- Triangle
- Fight Club
- Predestination
- Prestige
- American Psycho
- The Usual Suspects
- Cloud Atlas
- Source Code
- V for Vendetta (Remember Mr Smith from the Matrix trilogy?)
- Edge of Tomorrow (Tom Cruise at his best)
- The life of Pi
- Identity
- 12 Monkeys

I plucked the list directly from my HDD. I have had them for years. They are so good that I can't bring myself to delete any of them. I've deleted some, but not these.
I don't like the revenant movie was bored all through..this movie shouldn't av been the one that delivered him the Oscar...great gasby should av been the one...I don't know why people don't talk about "the beach" by DiCaprio...really liked the movie... my issue is not having these movies but to create the to watch the movies I have seen before is my problem... the best I do is watch fight scenes that's all...but to watch a movie again from beginning to the end...with the kind of access I have to get new movies is my problem
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
JackBizzle:

Yeah.

The movie is not average at all. It's a masterpiece.

James McAvoy deserves awards for his performance. I truly believed his different characters
IDMB ratings are not always based on movie plot or how interesting the movie is...the genre of the movie could be a factor mostly thriller/biography and drama attimes are always rated high whether sweet or no sweet...it could be determined by the movie success on rents and sales, production company etc... forget their ratings... terminal was rated poorly but believe me the movie is mind blowing...James McAvoy has always been excellent particularly enjoyed his role in victor Frankenstein
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints2: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
Beorn:

wish u saw operation Mekong u wouldn't have bothered yourself watching operation red sea...��..foolish Chinese movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Pompeii 7/10

Can't believe this was a true life event. Do we still have such disaster happening in this generation embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (3873) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.