Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,827 members, 7,912,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 03:41 AM

15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist (26037 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by sarutobie(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nonsense......man never lived with dinosaurs. We would have been extinct if that ever happened. Furthermore, dinosaurs existed before men according to dating techniques.

BTW focus on the topic
Self denial!..man is living with crocodiles,lions,rhinos,pythons,elephants,whales(which a blue whale is bigger than the biggest dinosaurs) and yet they are the ones in extinction..dinosaurs could never win against man in a fight for survival..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by squaddy(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
Whooo!!! There are really a lot of you guys these days...just like what @native boy said you guys are really putting in a lot of time,energy and effort to prove the non-existence of God....now it makes one to wonder really,if atheist being the "enlightened" and "free thinkers", then why does it matter to you if there are millions still under the "shackles of religion" like you guys put it...I don't see why it should bother you guys to prove to xtains that God does not exist(it's not like there is an "atheist hell" somewhere for xtains who believe in God)...now I have a question for you @logic boy...according to the theory of evolution, now if my memory serves me correctly, man supposedly evolved in man from ape...if that theory is true, then why are apes still here? Aint they supposed to be extinct by now? What is stopping the other apes from evolving into man? Don't they want to be alpha dogs and enjoy the good things of life as well?...traditionally when a question throws an atheist off balance they reply with silly remarks or try to make the person asking the question looks stupid...a straight answer from you @logic boy is all I need...Thank you

4 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by RikoduoSennin(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]

Let me start by stating what I believe: If it has a complex design pattern then there is a designer not chance:

@topic: I really have not met an atheist so forgive me in advance for the seemly stupid questions I want to ask LB. I am only curious (NB: I hate to be insulted, simply ignore if you can't resist, please)

1) Do atheist believe in superstition- eg suppose someone kick a stone and concludes he won't see the one he plans to visit, an itching palm means money is coming, or sneezing means someone is saying bad thing about you.

2)What is atheist views of the Powers spiritism holds eg Naija witches / occult power source, are they real or are they figment of our imagination- let say 'shoot and no enter for example'.

3)Everything man has made/design even when they mimick Nature serves a purpose no matter our little, So too does everything in Nature serve a purpose, why is that.

4)Every Laws we have now are made/brought to existence by people (beings), why would electromagnetism,gravity etc be different.

5) Millions of years since the big bang, yet man have not evolve into something else, why.

6)If life came from the big bang, so which came first- the chicken or the hen.

7)How do atheist explain the existence of complex design found in the universe- different finger print,different DNA, different Snow flake design, Every Zebra has a unique stripe pattern.

I really don't understand how I could find a house in a desert plain,well furnished with food, water, protective walls and still conclude everything is as a result of chance and not the work of a being- WHEN NEWTONS FIRST LAW STATES, " a body will remain at rest......unless a force is applied to it". What is that force or who apply that force to keep the big bang rolling?

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by RikoduoSennin(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]

Let me start by stating what I believe: If it has a complex design pattern then there is a designer not chance:

@topic: I really have not met an atheist so forgive me in advance for the seemly stupid questions I want to ask LB. I am only curious (NB: I hate to be insulted, simply ignore if you can't resist, please)

1) Do atheist believe in superstition- eg suppose someone kick a stone and concludes he won't see the one he plans to visit, an itching palm means money is coming, or sneezing means someone is saying bad thing about you.

2)What is atheist views of the Powers spiritism holds eg Naija witches / occult power source, are they real or are they figment of our imagination- let say 'shoot and no enter for example'.

3)Everything man has made/design even when they mimick Nature serves a purpose no matter our little, So too does everything in Nature serve a purpose, why is that.

4)Every Laws we have now are made/brought to existence by people (beings), why would electromagnetism,gravity etc be different.

5) Millions of years since the big bang, yet man have not evolve into something else, why.

7)How do atheist explain the existence of complex design found in the universe- different finger print,different DNA, different Snow flake design, Every Zebra has a unique stripe pattern.

I really don't understand how I could find a house in a desert plain,well furnished with food, water, protective walls and still conclude everything is as a result of chance and not the work of a being- WHEN NEWTONS FIRST LAW STATES, " a body will remain at rest......unless a force is applied to it". What is that force or who apply that force to keep the big bang rolling?

5 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
grin grin logicboy don enter one chance. How many you wan answer.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
logic boy
I DON come with my wahala..erm
if it is true that there is no GOD..
what is the essence of morality
2.rationalmind said there were some creations before men and they went into extinction..does that mean we will all go into extinction
3.one of you said there is no witch how true is that
4.one of you said there is no miracle..that a man who has been termed cripple can walk again
5.of all the philosophy of life which one has given you satisfaction
6.if evolution were true when will a monkey become human
7.if it is true there is no GOD what will you gain if you are good..morality or not you will die..no matter your good name you will fade
8.what do you have to say about church of satan
9.if there is no GOD...what is holding the earth in the space
10.if there was no God..how come prophecy of great men of GOD do come to pass..
11.if there was no GOD..why is the area of sodom and gormora still burnt. and lot.s wife still found at the spot she became a pillar of salt
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
sarutobie:
Self denial!..man is living with crocodiles,lions,rhinos,pythons,elephants,whales(which a blue whale is bigger than the biggest dinosaurs) and yet they are the ones in extinction..dinosaurs could never win against man in a fight for survival..

1) Man is the apex predator here. If the prehistoric man lived with dinosaurs, he wont be the apex predator- he couldnt climb a tree to run from a raptor or a trex....even in caves, there would be smaller dinosaurs to fend off. We would be extinct, no doubt. At a time where there are no guns or artillery....

2) Dinosaurs lived at a time human beings werent present on earth 200 million years ago. Simple research on what scientist have done will tell you this...

STOP GETTING HISTORY FROM FLINSTONES CARTOON
angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigerian Atheists thrive on NL..the only place they can feel full when they are really empty..

God does not force u to believe in him..
He only said have faith..

Jesus said
U've seen me n believed but blessed is he who hasn't but believes..

Why force people to know u exist ?
Is it because u people feel lonely n live a purposeless life...

Religion gives a whole lot of people purpose..

I could be doing many thingz now..
But i know i shouldn't cos dey're bad..

When u start believing Life has no purpose cos nobody created u..
U start doing thingz in ways u shouldn't cos u feel u are not obligated..

Many Serial killers do not believe in God...
They kill people ruthlessly cos they see them as just mere living organisms n toys..

@Logicboy when next u feel an empty void like d one u're feeling now...
Please read the bible or look for something worthwhile..
Instead of sowing seeds of discord here..

Hoeloshi

4 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
squaddy: Whooo!!! There are really a lot of you guys these days...just like what @native boy said you guys are really putting in a lot of time,energy and effort to prove the non-existence of God....now it makes one to wonder really,if atheist being the "enlightened" and "free thinkers", then why does it matter to you if there are millions still under the "shackles of religion" like you guys put it...I don't see why it should bother you guys to prove to xtains that God does not exist(it's not like there is an "atheist hell" somewhere for xtains who believe in God)...now I have a question for you @logic boy...according to the theory of evolution, now if my memory serves me correctly, man supposedly evolved in man from ape...if that theory is true, then why are apes still here? Aint they supposed to be extinct by now? What is stopping the other apes from evolving into man? Don't they want to be alpha dogs and enjoy the good things of life as well?...traditionally when a question throws an atheist off balance they reply with silly remarks or try to make the person asking the question looks stupid...a straight answer from you @logic boy is all I need...Thank you

1) iF YOU READ MY REPLY TO NATIVE BOY, you would see that it is you christians/muslims shoving your religion down people's throats and you expect them not to complain? Churches blasting loudspeakers, government using taxpayer money sponsor churches and pilgrimages...

2) Go to a science website and read about evolution. Why is it that you christians always mistake belief in evolution for atheism? Does the thought of humans evolving scare you and your religion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: Nigerian Atheists thrive on NL..the only place they can feel full when they are really empty..

God does not force u to believe in him..
He only said have faith..

Jesus said
U've seen me n believed but blessed is he who hasn't but believes..

Why force people to know u exist ?
Is it because u people feel lonely n live a purposeless life...

Religion gives a whole lot of people purpose..

I could be doing many thingz now..
But i know i shouldn't cos dey're bad..

When u start believing Life has no purpose cos nobody created u..
U start doing thingz in ways u shouldn't cos u feel u are not obligated..

Many Serial killers do not believe in God...
They kill people ruthlessly cos they see them as just mere living organisms n toys..

@Logicboy when next u feel an empty void like d one u're feeling now...
Please read the bible or look for something worthwhile..
Instead of sowing seeds of discord here..

Hoeloshi

No one is forcing atheism on you

How many atheist topics reach the front page on NL?
Is it atheists that are blasting church services through loudspeakers on the mainroad?
Is atheists preaching inside public transport
Is it atheists forcing sharia law on everyone in the north?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
NativeBoy: @LogicBoy, #4: are you willing to follow the process by which to discover God revealed through the person of Jesus Christ?

You must realize that we are talking two distinct modalities: the natural and the supernatural. The natural falls short in providing an understanding of the supernatural.

If you choose only the natural mode only then you can only operate within that sphere. It's like if you only spoke Yoruba and I only spoke Igbo. We require a bridge, (i.e. a translator) to help us connect. Jesus Christ is that bridge that connects us to God.

To add to that- There is only one way to knowing God which is His only Begotten Son ' Jesus Christ'

"In prayer to his Father,Jesus said: " ' Father, glorify your name.' Therefore a voice came out of heaven; ' I both glorified it and will glorify it again.' "

Truth be told, Atheist just don't help and that is why they are confused- I believe if any of them want to sincerely need God in their life, they should humbly ask Jesus Christ to come into their lives and trust me,They will see something Good happening miraculously' One thing atheist about 'em is that they believe in their intellect can help 'em without asking themselves 'where did our brains come from?
Note; Without God, there will be nothing in this World-

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Divepen: logic boy

If its true there is no flying spaghetti monster, what's the essence of morality?

Divepen: 2.rationalmind said there were some creations before men and they went into extinction..does that mean we will all go into extinction

No one knows. We may, we may not.

Divepen: 3.one of you said there is no witch how true is that

If you've seen one, tell her to please use her powers to help repair my spoilt systems USB port.
when that is done, I will start taking your claims serious.

Divepen: 4.one of you said there is no miracle..that a man who has been termed cripple can walk again

Yes. It once happened with my big uncle.

Divepen: 5.of all the philosophy of life which one has given you satisfaction

That of buhdda. "Doubt everything, find your own light"

Divepen: 6.if evolution were true when will a monkey become human

Evolution didn't and never said a monkey ever became human.

Divepen: 7.if it is true there is no GOD what will you gain if you are good..morality or not you will die..no matter your good name you will fade

You mean if tomorrow you stopped believing in God, you will stop being good because there is nothing in your opinion to gain. The legacy of albert einstein, charles darwin and the likes lives on.

Divepen: 8.what do you have to say about church of satan

Same thing you have to say about the church of God.
Divepen: 9.if there is no GOD...what is holding the earth in the space

Force of gravity

Divepen: 10.if there was no God..how come prophecy of great men of GOD do come to pass..

The same way nostradamus prophecies "came to pass".

Divepen: 11.if there was no GOD..why is the area of sodom and gormora still burnt. and lot.s wife still found at the spot she became a pillar of salt

Keep deceiving yourself with lies.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by begwong: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Do we have atheist that are gay and lesbians?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
RikoduoSennin: [color=#006600][/color]

Calm down...open a thread in the religion section and I will answer you. I will tackle your questions one by one.

Atheism is not the belief in evolution.
You cant use the house analogy to prove God.

A house has an architect, no doubt
But a house does not arrive the same way a rock or a cell will develop
One is natural, the other is man made.

A perfect God could not have made an imperfect planet. That would contradict his perfection. Dont you think.

What kind of God would create a planet prone to earrthquakes? Does he enjoy watching mothers running and screamig for their lives while babies are either swallowed by the earth or crushed by collapsed buildings?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by sarutobie(m): 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) Man is the apex predator here. If the prehistoric man lived with dinosaurs, he wont be the apex predator- he couldnt climb a tree to run from a raptor or a trex....even in caves, there would be smaller dinosaurs to fend off. We would be extinct, no doubt. At a time where there are no guns or artillery....

2) Dinosaurs lived at a time human beings werent present on earth 200 million years ago. Simple research on what scientist have done will tell you this...

angry angry angry angry
Yea right...I have done the so called researches and their explanation are riddled with holes and assumption...how come the ancient book of job described an animal so uncanningly similar to a dinosaur? Dude! Man has ALWAYS been the apex predator..who needs a gun to take down an animal when you have spears,bows and arrows,traps and superior intelligence?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry angry angry

Mumu..

How do u explain the earth's Unique design n survival in a shooting cosmic gallery..

How come we have all the elements in the right quantities n water which is the Universal solvent in abundant quantities..
That same water which makes up 70% of our total mass..
It's no mistake our blood is almost entirely water

Why is Oxygen abundant on earth than on other planets..

Please explain the Various natural cycles since u believe we stemmed from nothing..

Please explain why Oxygen is present is d most abundant element on earth...

Please explain why if the earth was as small as mercury it wouldn't be powerful enough to retain our atmosphere or if the earth was as Large as Jupiter gravity would b a problem..

Why our moon is large enough to control d oceans around n keep it from spilling over the land..

Tell me why a few degrees more tilted than our axis is n our world would av been a catastrophic shiit or a few degrees more backward n our earth would av been a frigid cryonic desert or a bit closer n we would have been a treacherous desert like Venus where in daytime Lead melts..

Why do meteors skip our Earth or end up in areas nobody live..
Like d 2 that has landed in Russia recently..

Everything points towards an overseeing being..

God created our time..
He exists beyond it..
We cannot explain it..
That's why he is I Am...

The beginning n The End..

Repent
hoeloshi

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by LordNico(m): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Morality is not connected to religion. We do not need religion to be good. Human morality has a Darwinian explanation: altruistic
genes, selected through the process of evolution, give people natural empathy.

Would you commit murder, rape or robbery if you knew that no
God existed? Only very few people would answer "yes", which undermines the claim that religion is needed to make us behave morally.

If you take a survey of the history of morality, you will find a moral Zeitgeist (the characteristic of an age) that continually evolves in society, generally progressing toward
liberalism. As it progresses, this moral consensus influences how religious leaders interpret their holy writings. In the past, with support from holy writings, it was okay to own slaves, to commit atrocities against prisoners of war, refuse rights to certain people based on race, culture etc, but in modern times, those acts are viewed as morally wrong.

Morality does not
originate from the Bible or any other holy book, rather our moral progress informs what part of the Bible Christians and other religious groups accept and
what they now dismiss.

Inspired by Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion"
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by LordNico(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Morality is not connected to religion. We do not need religion to be good. Human morality has a Darwinian explanation: altruistic
genes, selected through the process of evolution, give people natural empathy.

Would you commit murder, rape or robbery if you knew that no
God existed? Only very few people would answer "yes", which undermines the claim that religion is needed to make us behave morally.

If you take a survey of the history of morality, you will find a moral Zeitgeist (the characteristic of an age) that continually evolves in society, generally progressing toward
liberalism. As it progresses, this moral consensus influences how religious leaders interpret their holy writings. In the past, with support from holy writings, it was okay to own slaves, to commit atrocities against prisoners of war, refuse rights to certain people based on race, culture etc, but in modern times, those acts are viewed as morally wrong.

Morality does not
originate from the Bible or any other holy book, rather our moral progress informs what part of the Bible Christians and other religious groups accept and
what they now dismiss.

Inspired by Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion"
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by sarutobie(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Calm down...open a thread in the religion section and I will answer you. I will tackle your questions one by one.

Atheism is not the belief in evolution.
You cant use the house analogy to prove God.

A house has an architect, no doubt
But a house does not arrive the same way a rock or a cell will develop
One is natural, the other is man made.

A perfect God could not have made an imperfect planet. That would contradict his perfection. Dont you think.

What kind of God would create a planet prone to earrthquakes? Does he enjoy watching mothers running and screamig for their lives while babies are either swallowed by the earth or crushed by collapsed buildings?

Instead of debunking his points you did the obvious..baseless counterpoints..how come the crocodile which is said to be millions of years still the same? How come the ants are still the same(even though they came before dinosaurs according to evolutionists)...how come man happened to be the only 'animal' with so much superiority and dominance of unsurmountable proportion of all the million life forms that have existed and still existing..with the intelligence to explore even beyond his own world and beyond? You say it is sheer dumb luck? But we know better,it is more than luck and chance.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Divepen: logic boy
2.rationalmind said there were some creations before men and they went into extinction..does that mean we will all go into extinction
3.one of you said there is no witch how true is that
4.one of you said there is no miracle..that a man who has been termed cripple can walk again
5.of all the philosophy of life which one has given you satisfaction
6.if evolution were true when will a monkey become human
7.if it is true there is no GOD what will you gain if you are good..morality or not you will die..no matter your good name you will fade
8.what do you have to say about church of satan
9.if there is no GOD...what is holding the earth in the space
10.if there was no God..how come prophecy of great men of GOD do come to pass..
11.if there was no GOD..why is the area of sodom and gormora still burnt. and lot.s wife still found at the spot she became a pillar of salt

I wont answer most of your questions but I will focus on number 11....just to show you how much religious brainwashing has pushed yu oask nonsensical questions

Just look at number 11 in bold.....who told you that Sodmon and gommorah is still burnt?

Sodom and Gomorrah (/ˈsɒd.əm/;[1] /ɡə.ˈmɔr.ə/[2]) were cities mentioned in the Book of Genesis and throughout the Hebrew Bible, the New Testament and Deuterocanonical sources, as well as the Qur'an, hadith and tafsir. According to the Torah, the kingdoms of Sodom and Gomorrah were allied with the cities of Admah, Zeboim and Bela. These five cities, also known as the "cities of the plain", were situated on the Jordan River plain in the southern region of the land of Canaan. The plain — which corresponds to the area just north of the modern day Dead Sea)[3] — was compared to the garden of Eden[Gen.13:10] as being a land well-watered and green, suitable for grazing livestock. Whether or not they ever existed is disputed by archaeologists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorrah

If even Sodom and Gommorah even exist, they are on fertile ground.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
sarutobie:
Instead of debunking his points you did the obvious..baseless counterpoints..how come the crocodile which is said to be millions of years still the same? How come the ants are still the same(even though they came before dinosaurs according to evolutionists)...

Who told you that crocodiles have not evolved?

I am not here to debate your ignorance on evolution

An atheist does not have to believe in evolution- DO YOU KNOW THAT?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Mumu..

How do u explain the earth's Unique design n survival in a shooting cosmic gallery..

How come we have all the elements in the right quantities n water which is the Universal solvent in abundant quantities..

Please explain the Various natural cycles since u believe we stemmed from nothing..

Please explain why if the earth was as small as mercury it wouldn't be powerful enough to retain our atmosphere or if the earth was as Large as Jupiter gravity would b a problem..

Why our moon is large enough to control d oceans around n keep it from spilling over the land..

Tell me why a few degrees more tilted than our axis is n our world would av been a catastrophic shiit or a few degrees more backward n our earth would av been a frigid cryonic desert or a bit closer n we would have been a treacherous desert like Venus where in daytime Lead melts..

God created our time..
He exists beyond it..
We cannot explain it..
That's why he is I Am...

Repent
hoeloshi

The only thing you forgot to tell us after you said God did it is HOW HE DID IT. You can't ask logicboy to explain "HOW and fail to explain "HOW" yourself.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
begwong: Do we have atheist that are gay and lesbians?

I'm more Agnostic than Atheist.

Funny how people fight to prove THEIR own God, through the Religion they were born into.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Mumu..

God created our time..
He exists beyond it..
We cannot explain it..
That's why he is I Am...

Repent
hoeloshi

70% of the world is water
95% of that water is salt water
Humans need fresh water

Explain how God created this earth well?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

No one is forcing atheism on you

How many atheist topics reach the front page on NL?
Is it atheists that are blasting church services through loudspeakers on the mainroad?
Is atheists preaching inside public transport
Is it atheists forcing sharia law on everyone in the north?

Why do u use Is instead of do..
Most True atheists who make sense to an extent are Nobel Laureates or Harvard Graduates..
Who've burnt their brains black from over reading..
They also burnt out d part for common reasoning which explains the gross stupidity..

Plis o no fex..
Emabinu..
I just dey ask..
Which school u finish from abi ASUU still dey hold u captive

U dey Naija dey form awon nde ocha..
I pirry u..angry
E b like say e don tay wey better sickness hold u well well and ur mama run carry u go church..

No worry..
U go hear am..

Awon hoeloshi..

Everybody thinks they can wake up 1 morning n become Atheists..

God don suffer..

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by sarutobie(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Who told you that crocodiles have not evolved?

I am not here to debate your ignorance on evolution

An atheist does not have to believe in evolution- DO YOU KNOW THAT?
If an atheist doesn't have to believe in evolution and also not in creation then that is even much more pathetic..

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
logic boy that is not logic at all

you did not give a proof that they were never burnt...you only gave us reason to agree that i was right.
i feel like slappn u across the face and tell you to wake up...
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Why do u use Is instead of do..
Most True atheists who make sense to an extent are Nobel Laureates or Harvard Graduates..
Who've burnt their brains black from over reading..
They also burnt out d part for common reasoning which explains the gross stupidity..

Plis o no fex..
Emabinu..
I just dey ask..
Which school u finish from abi ASUU still dey hold u captive

U dey Naija dey form awon nde ocha..
I pirry u..angry
E b like say e don tay wey better sickness hold u well well and ur mama run carry u go church..

No worry..
U go hear am..

Awon hoeloshi..

Everybody thinks they can wake up 1 morning n become Atheists..

God don suffer..

Did God teach you how to call someone Oloshi? undecided
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved. The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists: “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” ( Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith. “Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’” ( John 20:29).
That does not mean, however, that there is no evidence of God’s existence. The Bible states, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” ( Psalm 19:1-4). Looking at the stars, understanding the vastness of the universe, observing the wonders of nature, seeing the beauty of a sunset—all of these things point to a Creator God. If these were not enough, there is also evidence of God in our own hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11tells us, “…He has also set eternity in the hearts of men.” Deep within us is the recognition that there is something beyond this life and someone beyond this world. We can deny this knowledge intellectually, but God’s presence in us and all around us is still obvious. Despite this, the Bible warns that some will still deny God’s existence: “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’” ( Psalm 14:1). Since the vast majority of people throughout history, in all cultures, in all civilizations, and on all continents believe in the existence of some kind of God, there must be something (or someone) causing this belief.
In addition to the biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “a being than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist, then God would not be the greatest conceivable being, and that would contradict the very definition of God.
A second argument is the teleological argument. The teleological argument states that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a divine Designer. For example, if the Earth were significantly closer or farther away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, nearly every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243(that is a 1 followed by 243 zeros). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.
A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” cause is God.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
The problem with these people is that they have not had a personal encounter with God Almighty. My brother used to believe all these
ur believes until he had different encounters that proved there is GOD. Only a fool will doubt God. No wonder the Bible says "My people perish because of lack of knowledge". My father died and had his own encounter with Jesus Christ, Heaven and its Angelic Hosts Jesus. After he had been
pronounced dead he came back because God wanted him to come and testify to others and spread the end time news... Till today he is still alive and has not forgotten all he heard and saw in Heaven. Meanwhile, Its advisable u take this discussion to the Religion trend.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
masonkz:

Did God teach you how to call someone Oloshi? undecided

My Only Oga..
U too like to dey tackle me..
Shoo..

I said Hoeloshi not Oloshi..
It's a jokey slang..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples / The Lords Chosen: Ex Cult Member, Robber, Drug Addict, Surrender To Jesus / Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.