Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,810 members, 7,886,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist (25977 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
onetrack:

Then you didn't read the link I sent. The Judeo-Christian values were defined at a time when Hellenistic philosophy was the dominant viewpoint of that part of the world. These people did not live in complete isolation of what was around them. There is a significant influence of Hellenistic philosophy on Christianity. Even the idea of the Trinity itself is probably no more than an imitation of the Greek mystery cults that were flourishing at the time of Jesus.

Please point to these influences. So when Jesus stated:

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” (John 10:28-30 NKJV)

He was influenced by Hellenistic philosophy?

Or when John wrote:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (John 1:1-3 NKJV)

He too was influenced by Hellenistic philosophy?

Did Hellenistic Greeks believe that the universe had a beginning? I think you know the answer.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma:
so how does God help u believers, u read to pass your exams same as i do, u work to eat same as i do, u fall sick same as i do and u will one day die same as i will?

At least you admit you gonna die,same as everybody but while he will be going to Heaven,where will you be-not judging you but am lending credence to what is said in the Bible. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul..if you like get all the money in this world but without God,you are empty..all those things are mere nothing after all, you can only eat and shiit it out but In heaven,you can live for ever,no death, no sickness, it's all Happiness-i teyu...it's all qonna be sweet in heaven...all what is in earth can not be compare with the One Jesus said 'He is going to prepare for us"
Repent now and stop acting like an Intelligent fool- It's your choice
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Donalð Genes:

At least you admit you gonna die,same as everybody but while he will be going to Heaven,where will you be-not judging you but am lending credence to what is said in the Bible. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul..if you like get all the money in this world but without God,you are empty..all those things are mere nothing after all, you can only eat and shiit it out but In heaven,you can live for ever,no death, no sickness, it's all Happiness-i teyu...it's all qonna be sweet in heaven...all what is in earth can not be compare with the One Jesus said 'He is going to prepare for us"
Repent now and stop acting like an Intelligent fool- It's your choice

If mohammed turns out to be right, you will end in hell just like him cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by precious00: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Religion is a delusion, butthe complexity of nature which is beyond man's greatest ingenuity shows that there is a creator or a greater being

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

If mohammed turns out to be right, you will end in hell just like him cheesy cheesy

What did Mohammed really preach, if he preached being good,then i agree with him,if he preach otherwise, then i don't agree with him, If Mohammed says we should kill for God while Jesus Christ said Love your enemy' if someone slaps you,turn the other chin' then use your common sense which God install in us to know which religion is good,but Religion can't save you,
- what am i saying is, no religion can save us,not even my christianity,Hinduism, nor Islam, The real deal is what is your relationship with God? Are you doing what is righteous? Do you understand me now, never you allow what some christians are doing or Muslims, whether they are killing people or not is not your concern, you should be concern with where will you after death...be reminded that all those people who killed with guns shall surely die, so don't be moved bu what you see,the world is soaring wicked, reason is everybody wants money.wants to outsmart each other....But we are happy that there is God who sees all this,no wonder He is called the Merciful God-He already knows that, And that's why he sent his Son through which who die righteous dead can be smiling in Heaven.. You get my drift now
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Quatermaine: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

You are lucky that I and God are not the same mentally, cos if I was God, I would strike you dead!.

Just look at your signature..

Oh!!, What a wonderful God I serve. He is so merciful, very generous when it comes to forgiving provided it's from the heart.

Rather than you shaking my faith in God, you have solidified it.

So, Thanks!
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by texanomaly(f): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
aManFromMars:
Actually, I did that on purpose. I just needed to hear you say this. grin

smh...

aManFromMars:
NB: you never got back to me on that modified post. still confused as to what went wrong there. angry

If you didn't modify the video, I can't imagine how it got changed. I did not send 'Shut Up' to LB.
Mysterious tinz...spooky
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

Since you ask and he answers, help us ask him for the cure of HIV. You might win yourself a nobel prize cheesy cheesy
god no dey do virus
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
Quatermaine:

You are lucky that I and God are not the same mentally, cos if I was God, I would strike you dead!.

Oh!!, What a wonderful God I serve. He is so merciful, very generous when it comes to forgiving provided it's from the heart.

So, Thanks!

Don't mind him, he thinks he is smart-
But my dear, God is sooooooooooooo Merciful-You can imagine the insult, these atheist have been pouring out on God but yet He doesn't kill them- that shows God is awesome. If human were God ehh-all these people saying they don't believe in God will die like ants with a strike-It is just that God vowed to Noah not to destroy the wicked world as before-
Let them keep arguing rubbish, they forget the Air they are breathing with comes from God yet they won't ask themselves where did it come from?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
9jadelta: god no dey do virus

Well answered, shey na God will come down and give him HiV virus
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by squaddy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) iF YOU READ MY REPLY TO NATIVE BOY, you would see that it is you christians/muslims shoving your religion down people's throats and you expect them not to complain? Churches blasting loudspeakers, government using taxpayer money sponsor churches and pilgrimages...

2) Go to a science website and read about evolution. Why is it that you christians always mistake belief in evolution for atheism? Does the thought of humans evolving scare you and your religion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Just exactly what I thought you would do...try finding a route to meander around the question I asked...just one simple question...reading your response above all is see is blah blah blah blah mee meee miii kiiee...GIBBERISH

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Quatermaine:

So, Thanks!
butthurt alert

god has more deadly mentality, that's why he prefers to kill entire family for the sin of father till forth generation. tongue
the same god will allow you enter hell fire forever simply because u don't worship him

that's why u can never be god

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Donalð Genes:

What did Mohammed really preach, if he preached being good,then i agree with him,if he preach otherwise, then i don't agree with him, If Mohammed says we should kill for God while Jesus Christ said Love your enemy' if someone slaps you,turn the other chin' then use your common sense which God install in us to know which religion is good,but Religion can't save you,
- what am i saying is, no religion can save us,not even my christianity,Hinduism, nor Islam, The real deal is what is your relationship with God? Are you doing what is righteous? Do you understand me now, never you allow what some christians are doing or Muslims, whether they are killing people or not is not your concern, you should be concern with where will you after death...be reminded that all those people who killed with guns shall surely die, so don't be moved bu what you see,the world is soaring wicked, reason is everybody wants money.wants to outsmart each other....But we are happy that there is God who sees all this,no wonder He is called the Merciful God-He already knows that, And that's why he sent his Son through which who die righteous dead can be smiling in Heaven.. You get my drift now

The only thing you are preaching here is, I am right, they are wrong. Same way a muslim preaches, I am right, they are wrong.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Well answered, shey na God will come down and give him HiV virus
lol no mind him my brother
cheesy
Satan created virus and God didnot know how he did it
only floods and tsunami r the handwork or the loving god
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by ebamma(m): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

When one person suffers
from a delusion, it is called
insanity. When many
people suffer from a
delusion it is called
Religion.-Robert pirsig
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ajibam: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
ebamma: When one person suffers
from a delusion, it is called
insanity. When many
people suffer from a
delusion it is called
Religion.-Robert pirsig
exactly... religion is simply a ploy of man to search for God, to connect with him..
but, Christ has reconnect us back to God.. so, Christianity is out of religion.. it is now a way of getting to God through Christ by doing what he did.. a christlike behaviour..

it might sound odd to you, its because of the speckles covering your eye..
shalom
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ichliebedich(f): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
In Abuja, An Atheist brought an ex parte application against the Christmas Holiday declared by the government The case was brought before Justice Akpos. . He hired Barrister Rukevwe Akpokiniovo to file an action on grounds of discrimination in favour Christians and Muslims concerning observation of their Holy Days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognised days. According to him,'The Christians have Christmas, Easter and Others. The Muslims have Eid-el-kabir, Eid-el-fitri and Others. But my client and other Atheists have no such holidays. Justice Akpos said to the Counsel, 'Applicant and other Atheists have their own day. It is just that Applicant is woefully ignorant.
The Lawyer said,'My Lord,we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for Atheists. After listening to the powerful submission of Applicant's Counsel , the Judge dismissed the case. According to Justice Akpos,'The Calendar says April 1st
every year is April Fools' day. Psalm 14 verse 1 says, The fool says in his heart, there is no God. It is the opinion of this court that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Quatermaine:

So, Thanks!

cheesy cheesy You are actually the same with God. Both of you are Jokes. Read this

2kings 2:23-24

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of theLord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

You must be happy reading those verses. Arent you? cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by nnofaith: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ajibam:
exactly... religion is simply a ploy of man to search for God, to connect with him..
but, Christ has reconnect us back to God.. so, Christianity is out of religion.. it is now a way of getting to God through Christ by doing what he did.. a christlike behaviour..

shalom
what a load of cow dung!
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ajibam: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
9jadelta:
butthurt alert

god has more deadly mentality, that's why he prefers to kill entire family for the sin of father till forth generation. tongue
the same god will allow you enter hell fire forever simply because u don't worship him

the same God came down as a human to die for you..
that same God make you to be a living soul despite if your ignorant rebellion.
do you know, that same God still care for your soul and hopes you will regain your sense and return to him?
i guess you don't know that tge God you are mocking for your own pleasure still care for your soul... he loves you...
come to him.. tomorrow maybe late!!
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Don't mind him, he thinks he is smart-
But my dear, God is sooooooooooooo Merciful-You can imagine the insult, these atheist have been pouring out on God but yet He doesn't kill them- that shows God is awesome. If human were God ehh-all these people saying they don't believe in God will die like ants with a strike-It is just that God vowed to Noah not to destroy the wicked world as before-
Let them keep arguing rubbish, they forget the Air they are breathing with comes from God yet they won't ask themselves where did it come from?

How did God make the air cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ajibam: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
nnofaith: what a load of cow dung!
exactly sir..
it sounds somehow baa?
don't worry,, he will open that veiled eye

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
9jadelta: lol no mind him my brother
cheesy
Satan created virus and God didnot know how he did it
only floods and tsunami r the handwork or the loving god

grin grin God has always been free of blame.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by DonaldGenes(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
As the saying goes "As you lay your bed,so you will lie on it* You sow evil- you shall reap same- You sow good- same shall you reap
- You believe in God and Believe In his Son- you shall be save
- If you don't believe in Him-then everlasting torment awaits such persons-
But above all, God loves all of us and that's why he said "Come to me ye that are heavy-laden" It is not his will some of us should suffer in hell or suffer on earth, that's why He created Heaven and earth, so that He will finally see us in Heaven enjoying, Hell was made for satan for disobeying God not for men but since satan said no,he can't suffer and burn in hell fire alone,that he must carry people along with him" and so it is imperative that Jesus Christ have to come and die for us,our sins that you as a sinner should be save through Him alone" It is as simple as ABC. Hell fire is a place where you will look for where to die but you won't see dead- i don't wish any of the atheist visit such place, It is not somthing you wanna feel- if you don'y believe what i am telling you, light a match on a stove-then put your fingers and tell me how it feels, Hell fire will be more than that..i am telling you....you will carry yourself knack for ground,shoot yourself(where will you even see gun sef inside hell) but dead will not come'
the thing is, Now you have heard that there is God who created everything, Humbly accept Him into your life-It is Not Hard ohhh, just do this and live a good and worthy life and make Heaven,it is as easy as this...
*Am done arguing with you oh,am tired* saunters off*
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ajibam:

shalom

spare us all these. Just help us tell God to create a nairaland account, i have questions for him cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Quatermaine: 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
9jadelta:
butthurt alert

Your boss employs you for a purpose, but then you drift away from it and do something else. What do you expect in return?, Promotion letter?? You are on a löng thing. Your boss even gave you warnings on several occassions..

Oga mi, the same applies with God and Man!

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Quatermaine:

Your boss employs you for a purpose, but then you drift away from it and do something. What do you expect in return?, Promotion letter?? You are on löng thing. Your boss even gave you warnings on several occassions..

except that your boss didint know for certain you will drift away cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ajibam:

shalom

exactly what i have been trying to say..

God has many Children on NL..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ajibam:
the same God came down as a human to die for you..
that same God make you to be a living soul despite if your ignorant rebellion.
do you know, that same God still care for your soul and hopes you will regain your sense and return to him?
i guess you don't know that tge God you are mocking for your own pleasure still care for your soul... he loves you...
come to him.. tomorrow maybe late!!
tell me about it?
so, god came down from heaven, died to safe me from being destroyed by himself huh?
what a ridiculous god grin

why can't he just forgive me n lemme be. who asked him to die for me in the first place?

anyway, accept flying spaghetti monster as ur lord or perish forever in giant cake oven
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
rationalmind:

spare us all these. Just help us tell God to create a nairaland account, i have questions for him cheesy cheesy

ThankGod u av started acknowledging that God doesn't need a NL.. account wen he has people like dis..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by squaddy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ich liebe dich: In Abuja, An Atheist brought an ex parte application against the Christmas Holiday declared by the government The case was brought before Justice Akpos. . He hired Barrister Rukevwe Akpokiniovo to file an action on grounds of discrimination in favour Christians and Muslims concerning observation of their Holy Days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognised days. According to him,'The Christians have Christmas, Easter and Others. The Muslims have Eid-el-kabir, Eid-el-fitri and Others. But my client and other Atheists have no such holidays. Justice Akpos said to the Counsel, 'Applicant and other Atheists have their own day. It is just that Applicant is woefully ignorant.
The Lawyer said,'My Lord,we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for Atheists. After listening to the powerful submission of Applicant's Counsel , the Judge dismissed the case. According to Justice Akpos,'The Calendar says April 1st
every year is April Fools' day. Psalm 14 verse 1 says, The fool says in his heart, there is no God. It is the opinion of this court that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day

Hahhahhahahahah...that was a cracker....haahahahahahaa...still cannot get hold of myself...laughing my butt off...I'll surely pop a drink for all of you atheist come april next year...thanks for the cracker sweetheart, your xmas gift is on me...no jokes..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Quatermaine:

Your boss employs you for a purpose, but then you drift away from it and do something else. What do you expect in return?, Promotion letter?? You are on löng thing. Your boss even gave you warnings on several occassions..

at least my boss will only sack me that did another thing not my wife and children for my own sin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin / Anja Ringgren Lovén Rescues Another Boy Tortured, Abandoned In Akwa Ibom / "Woman Vomits Lizard" During Bishop Sam Zuga Water Ministration In Minna

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.