Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,865 members, 7,912,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 07:54 AM

15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist (26038 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 11:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
9jadelta: there was no assumption?
was only going by his logic.

Read the question again
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Steiner89: I don't really have the energy to argue with nativeboy... as an experienced agnostic. I've come to d realization dat such sensitive topics of this cadre cannot be debated amicably... We at d logic end are in most cases widely read dan u guyz. The Bible inclusive. u see u guyz on d faith end try very hard to challenge ur innate mind and help ur religion/God to justify its inconsistent and often times illogical tenets. e.g dere ar indians, Scandinavians, Mediterraneans, Arabs, caucasians, negroes, Aborigines, Mongoloids. how on earth did we all come from 2 Hebrews? cos as a biochemist, I know it's scientifically impossible. plus d first humanoids are from Africa according to fossil records using radio carbon dating...... we tender and buttress our arguments with facts(proven truths). U guyz throw reason away and ponder on d hearsays dat has effectively brainwashed you...... My stance is dat Weda God does exist or not cannot be established.... our complex reality created d illusion of a supremo and every being strives to identify with d possibility... atheist say Nay! I say Neither. religion say yea we know him. this is what he likes, does and how he plays. pure nonsensical bullshit

Why do you assume you have read more than I on this issue? Does it seem ridiculous that a believer might have read into atheism.

Btw, where did you get your information that Adam and Eve were Hebrews?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
Eminado01:

#Representing us ladiessmiley
i really hope to meet a lady that dares question religion in person(not necessarily atheist)...they seem to be really scarce in this part of the world
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Another Asylum escapee
once again i say congratulations...#toomanyidiotsonNL#
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by dalaman: 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

The heavens and the earth. Correlate that with John 1. Everything was made by He who made it in the beginning.

Stop dropping platitiudes when you know you can not follow them to the end. The bible gives a 6 day account of creation. If it is true it will have scientific backing. Science says the universe had a begining and you quickly rushed to hug it, but your bible says the earth and the uinverse were created together in the begining. Can you support that? The bible has nothing to do with science, it is a book of religious belief, like all the other ones out there, if you want to believe it you can do so, but claiming it is the right one because science supports it is just false because science does not support anything written in the book of genesis about the creation of the earth and the universe.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by dalaman: 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

Why do you assume you have read more than I on this issue? Does it seem ridiculous that a believer might have read into atheism.

Btw, where did you get your information that Adam and Eve were Hebrews?

Did the bible not trace Jesus's lineage to Adam? Don't you read the bible?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by squaddy(m): 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Eminado01:

Very happy to meet your fellow nitwit I see...you guys are just bunch of lonely attention seekers....meet up and phucck yourselves since in your book that is no wrong doing?...mtcchheew
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 13, 2013
Eminado01:

Which right thinking man would marry u in Africa..

They wouldn't want u to bear wayward Children with no values n purpose..

A male atheist is bad enough..
A female toh worst..

I should send a sniper after U..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:39am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

It isn't either-or. It isn't science or God. It's both. Understanding how something works does not negate the creator. For example, if I asked you how a car was made, you would tell me all the science that went into it. Still, it was made by Henry Ford. The car didn't assemble itself and the laws of science didn't build the engine.

Secondly, it matters not whether there are a billion religions or perspectives. What is important is truth. Not all perspectives are valid. Only truth is valid. For example, only the Judeo-Christian faith maintained that the universe had a beginning. All the other faiths and perspectives has their own ideas about the origin of the universe. Eventually, only one prevailed. Now ask yourself, how did Bronze Age humans know the universe had a beginning? I suppose that's for another thread.

It isn't about "my religion is better than yours" or "my God is greater than your god", or "i'm better than you because of...", etc. It is about what is true. For example, was Jesus Christ a true historical figure? Yes. Hardly anyone still tries to disprove the existence of Christ. Many have tried, none have succeeded.

If you are a sincere skeptic, then I urge you to reconsider Christ again. Jesus is truth.

Wow! How deluded and ignorant is that bolded part? Only the Judaic religions claim the universe has a beginning? grin
For starters, how many of the tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands of religions do you know anything about to make such an outrageous claim? What makes the shepherd tales of the creation story in Genesis any different from several other creation stories in other religions? Particularly seeing as it has no scientific basis whatsoever?

Don't kid yourself. The truth you tell yourself that you know, is a truth you acquired due to your upbringing and your colonial historical ties to the religion you practise. It has no factual basis and isn't a superior truth to all the other claims out there.

Christ being a historical figure is of no consequence to the truth of christianity. There's no evidence of his divinity or his miracles. He's pretty much insignificant even in the documented history of the Jews themselves.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 1:19am On Dec 13, 2013
Obi1kenobi:

Wow! How deluded and ignorant is that bolded part? Only the Judaic religions claim the universe has a beginning? grin
For starters, how many of the tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands of religions do you know anything about to make such an outrageous claim? What makes the shepherd tales of the creation story in Genesis any different from several other creation stories in other religions? Particularly seeing as it has no scientific basis whatsoever?

Don't kid yourself. The truth you tell yourself that you know, is a truth you acquired due to your upbringing and your colonial historical ties to the religion you practise. It has no factual basis and isn't a superior truth to all the other claims out there.

Christ being a historical figure is of no consequence to the truth of christianity. There's no evidence of his divinity or his miracles. He's pretty much insignificant even in the documented history of the Jews themselves.

Of course there is proof of his divinity. Of course the fact that he was a historical figure is of great consequence to the validity of the Christian faith.

The question is are you willing to seek out that truth if it isn't on your own terms?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 13, 2013
texanomaly:

smh...

If you didn't modify the video, I can't imagine how it got changed. I did not send 'Shut Up' to LB.
Mysterious tinz...spooky

The shut up video was posted by LB. Maybe you should go through the thread again.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:43am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

Of course there is proof of his divinity. Of course the fact that he was a historical figure is of great consequence to the validity of the Christian faith.

The question is are you willing to seek out that truth if it isn't on your own terms?

No, there isn't. There are unsubstantiated tales of his divinity. Completely unproven. His historical existence doesn't validate the christian faith in any way.

There is no truth that I've not long sought in desperation to justify my christian faith for years. Until I had the courage to look myself in the mirror and admit I was deceiving myself. I've found that the day a religious person ever questions and admits a particular thing in his faith is wrong and opens the door ever so slightly to think outside his bubble, everything suddenly comes crashing down in an avalanche.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Redlyn: 5:01am On Dec 13, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

A female toh worst..

Actually only a thinking one. Not the brain washed variety. God dis god dat. I wonder ya God takes all the credit for good things does he also take responsibility for the bad things?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by MrsAwesome: 5:18am On Dec 13, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

A female toh worst..

These coming from a religious person will make a borderline atheist q full blown one. Having wayward kids depends on their upbringing ...not some religious hoohaa.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2013
Obi1kenobi:

No, there isn't. There are unsubstantiated tales of his divinity. Completely unproven. His historical existence doesn't validate the christian faith in any way.

There is no truth that I've not long sought in desperation to justify my christian faith for years. Until I had the courage to look myself in the mirror and admit I was deceiving myself. I've found that the day a religious person ever questions and admits a particular thing in his faith is wrong and opens the door ever so slightly to think outside his bubble, everything suddenly comes crashing down in an avalanche.

Please don't think that you're the only one who scrutinizes their faith. I do as well. But I have come to know that Jesus is truth. And many others have as well. There are many atheists who at one time held your position and they came to faith in Christ. You'd have to ask why fishermen would sign up to be ostracized and die horrible deaths over "tales" even after they've been beaten, tortured, and warned to desist over and over. What earthly gain did they receive by propagating Christ?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Sennard(m): 5:58am On Dec 13, 2013
U knw we are all human...,keep hearing different kind of thing,we are created to believe in somtin xo i knw for sure atheist believes in somtin buh they re not sure of what they believe in,as human we cant defend God. xo we can only defend our belief in him xo guys stick to wot u belief in.God is xo perfect dat he does not need to work on this world again.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:04am On Dec 13, 2013
UKDBOSS: U see, atheism involves faith, cos u also have 2 believe dat god doesnt exist without solid proof dat its true. In dat light atheism can b compared 2 religion.

You see disbelieving in the tooth fairy involves faith because you also have to to believe that the tooth fairy doesn't exist without solid proof that its true. In that light atoothfarism can be compared to religion.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:07am On Dec 13, 2013
Sennard: U knw we are all human...,keep hearing different kind of thing,we are created to believe in somtin xo i knw for sure atheist believes in somtin buh they re not sure of what they believe in,as human we cant defend God. xo we can only defend our belief in him xo guys stick to wot u belief in.God is xo perfect dat he does not need to work on this world again.

Atheism is disbelief in god(s). Atheists believe in something I believe in my family and the love will share. That love supercedes any love from any god
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:13am On Dec 13, 2013
squaddy:

Very happy to meet your fellow nitwit I see...you guys are just bunch of lonely attention seekers....meet up and phucck yourselves since in your book that is no wrong doing?...mtcchheew

Why do you get so upset when someone says your sadistic,chauvinistic god does not exist?

Do I get upset when someone says my heart does not exist? I just allow feel my chest and feel the heart beat

Everybody claims to hear the voice of god but no two people have ever heard his voice at the same time

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Keluong(m): 7:28am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

Please don't think that you're the only one who scrutinizes their faith. I do as well. But I have come to know that Jesus is truth. And many others have as well. There are many atheists who at one time held your position and they came to faith in Christ. You'd have to ask why fishermen would sign up to be ostracized and die horrible deaths over "tales" even after they've been beaten, tortured, and warned to desist over and over. What earthly gain did they receive by propagating Christ?
The same way "true" moslems have come to realize that jesus was a prophet.
Its all in your mind.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 13, 2013
Eminado01:

niceeeeee wink wink

"nods and smiles*

you are the first female atheist i have ever read from in Nigeria/nairaland. Good to see a woman embracing logic over blind faith.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

Read the question again
what's up with the question?
u said, i was assuming god was created right?
did god just appear from nowhere?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ezebu(m): 7:44am On Dec 13, 2013
"What? And what will happen when you pray? Your God that atheists dont believe in will take action? Please, do not try this at home when an atheist is not in a joking mood"

Stop threatening!!

You cant warn someone not to pray for you at home or are atheists omini-present? Am already praying for you. Many have spoken in the past just like you and finally they came to realize themselves. By the way, Who made you or who created you, did you just suddenly started existing? I know your answer would be conception. My brother, thou shall no the truth and the truth shall set you free. JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2013
9jadelta: what's up with the question?
u said, i was assuming god was created right?
did god just appear from nowhere?

The question assumes that God had to be created.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 13, 2013
squaddy:

I bet she has more morals than any of the girlfriends that u have ever had.... after sleeping with 1 million men and 12 abortions to crown it up, they run to church and start forming holy in choir.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2013
Keluong:
The same way "true" moslems have come to realize that jesus was a prophet.
Its all in your mind.

Or it could be the supernatural things that I've experienced.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

The question assumes that God had to be created.
still not getting u dude.. may be u should punctuate it properly to make it easier to read.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by onetrack(m): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

Also Paul was a Jew with Roman Citizenship. Please provide the source of your claim that Paul was a Greek Jew.

The Bible.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by onetrack(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

And you surmised all this how?

I work in the field of history.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

Or it could be the supernatural things that I've experienced.

Honestly, uve been saying nonsense all along. You even said only judeo-christian faith maintains the universe had a beginning. That is outright bullshyt. Have you read of the yoruba version of creation?

Anyway, away from all that, you said uve experienced some supernatural things. That's the part I'm more interested in. Pls, tell us some of those supernatural things uve experienced. Remember as a christian, ure not supposed to tell lies. So, I'm waiting.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

They clearly haven't read tales where Beautiful Ladies..
Whole families were fed to Lions..
Pretty ladies who dressed in White..
Many were princesses..
Empresses who turned Christian all of a sudden..
They were faced with terrifying deaths yet they could never deny Jesus..

They chose to die Instead..
Bros stop replying these people they av no work..

I can't believe i wasted 50mb just because i was replying Condemned souls..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Honestly, uve been saying nonsense all along. You even said only judeo-christian faith maintains the universe had a beginning. That is outright bullshyt. Have you read of the yoruba version of creation?

Anyway, away from all that, you said uve experienced some supernatural things. That's the part I'm more interested in. Pls, tell us some of those supernatural things uve experienced. Remember as a christian, ure not supposed to tell lies. So, I'm waiting.

#ClosedTopic..

Ogbeni go n get a Life...
U claim Atheism gives u a cause..

Work on that..
Stop e-persecution..

21st Century Nero angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples / The Lords Chosen: Ex Cult Member, Robber, Drug Addict, Surrender To Jesus / Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.