Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,787 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:48 PM

Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) (14437 Views)

Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? / Why I Deny The Virgin Birth Of Jesus / Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by adonismuller(m): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2013
The problem of thIs world especially Nigeria is religion,see how ppl are insulting theirselves cuz of something written before their father was born.

But why won't Christians let muslims be and muslims let Christians be?

And why should Seun allow these kinda comments and threads?

Last bullet: wish there was nothing like religion

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Gombs(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Mintayo: I was watching Peace TV last week,i was listening to this islamic scholar,Dr Zaik Naik(not sure of the spelling), i was shocked to hear the LIES he was spewing about christains-the same LIES all muslims including those on NL spew out.
He was trying to put mohammed in d Bible,also talking about Jesus when He said He is "the way,the truth and the Life"...I realized that they all say and speak the same LIES , [size=32pt] satan is really doing a fine job on this guys [/size] the Dr was saying it without even realizing that what He was saying doesnt make any sense!
And the annoying part,he was talking like a man who has authority over the Bible,like he knows more than the christains...smh
Another thing about muslims is that,when they ask a question like the Op,they didnt ask to seek the truth, because as long as the answer you give them doesn't correlate with the answer they have in mind(which is a wrong answer and a LIE anyways),they start crying foul...
So sometimes, the best thing is to ignore them,like the Op...
May God help them.

grin grin

Falls off palm wine tree...laughing. but you have a valid point.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2013
Lol, 1 question, 1000+ people, No answer. God have mercy!
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by fijiano202(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2013
PLS read isaiah 8 and 9,you will understand why the virgin didnt give birth during King Ahaz era,the prophecy Isaiah told him abt the war coming to an end came to pass cos the war ended after 12yrs and thats is the age group of children before the puberty.Secondly to my little understanding King Ahaz ignored God guidance but consulted mediums,spiritist and even the dead.Isaiah suggests ironically that they tried God.For more knowledge try reading the NIV bible,note-ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS HIS WAYS AND REASONS
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Segadem(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2013
Emusan:

I'm not but I do know I'm dealing with a slave.

The verses are still talking about the Child. Have it in mind that none of the verse(15-16) is referring to the war which God has declared nought!
NIV: "He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good. 16 For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken."

This is a prophecy for house of Judah about trials to come upon Assyria & Ephraim including Judah itself by adding verse 17 shortly after the birth of the Child.

You don't need to but just get everlasting life in you which is Jesus Christ by believing that He has come and pay the ransom.

Shalom!
Don't mind these people,do they think GOD is talking about present situation "Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son..." If my calculation is right that will take nine months to happen in a war that is one week away.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by adonismuller(m): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1: Lol, 1 question, 1000+ people, No answer. God have mercy!
how Old are you?

Even if you are a kid,learn to be matured!
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Segadem(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2013
Emusan:

I'm not but I do know I'm dealing with a slave.

The verses are still talking about the Child. Have it in mind that none of the verse(15-16) is referring to the war which God has declared nought!
NIV: "He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good. 16 For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken."

This is a prophecy for house of Judah about trials to come upon Assyria & Ephraim including Judah itself by adding verse 17 shortly after the birth of the Child.

You don't need to but just get everlasting life in you which is Jesus Christ by believing that He has come and pay the ransom.

Shalom!
Thank you my brother i pray it will not be too late for them before they realise the TRUTH
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Kingspin(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2013
Go and continue reading your bible and keep them for yourself.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by dyfatai(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2013
@OP dis is not the islamic way of doing Daaawa or calling people to God, u av 2 invite people wit wisdom and beautiful preaching and stop dis atheistic approach of insulting their holy spirit.

Quran6:108 ''And do not insult those they invoke other
than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge.
Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds.
Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about
what they used to do.''

3 Likes

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by OmoTier1(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2013
Emusan, may the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding strengthen you and May Gods hand be strong upon you. Through you God has demonstrated His might by destroying the falsehood this OP conjured up here with a simple truth!

@OP..."hear Now oh yea House of David" !

You need to be born again before you can receive insight into Gods word. Flesh and blood will not reveal the deep secrets of the scriptures to you.

May Gods Spirit open your eyes and fill you with a triple passion for good more than satan has filled you will a venom of hatred and falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by hotwax: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2013
macof:

undecided Christians are really pathetic

Like seriously, My kids can't be associated with such silly people.

Fact is Immanuel is not Jesus, consult ur Holy spirit
is all these bashing because of Xmas? I can sense jealous here. No matter what you do, Xmas is not gonna stop. Your Mohammed acknowledged Jesus as pure without sin. You are here arguing with Mohamed. You don't even believe ur Qur'an. A hypocrite
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by dexterinc2003: 9:56am On Dec 21, 2013
Mattew 1.23-The virgin will be with child,and give birth to a son,and they will call him Immanuel,which means 'GOD WITH US'.

So Mr Op dis is one of d simplest and most direct Statements in d bible.

Ahaz was never called Immanuel in d bible.

If 1000+ ppl decided 2 view ur thread(which by the way is because its on FP) and decided not 2 answer,(and u think that is a thing 2 b happy about)it means ur case don pathetic gaan be dat

Most atheists always look 4 ppl to prove them wrong? I don't see muslims or christians looking for some1 to prove them wrong.that means atheists are the lowest on the 'food chain'.

My only problems with muslims is that some of you like to leave the confines of your religion to dig up things in the bible.things you don't and you are not ready to understand,you will never see a christian looking for things in d koran to discredit you.

As 4 the next ode dat will come and quote dis post and think I will do u the courtesy of engaging you,then u must b a Xmas LEARNER(now going back to join the 1000+ ppl giggling @ d side lines)

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Kingspin(m): 9:57am On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1: 20 views, No answer. Lets count another 20 view, may be somebody will come on stage.
I thought you make meaning. Being the OP, viewer, commenter and counter does that make real sense. Pls, correct me if you were not breastfed by a cow.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by omoalayo(m): 9:58am On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1:
Where did he answer it?
I didn't want to argue and that's why i left him with his false statement that Verse 15-16 wasn't refering to Ahaz.
But when i asked him a question about 15-16 u can see what he posted.
Then has he answered like that?

You can answer it if u're interested...
dnt just read d Bible and interprete it Ur own way...if U knw U wanna read the bible **cos I will nevr pick up a Quoran..dnt hv much time..I av my books to read*** try read commentaries wit it...they answer most of this questions...if there are still some U didnt grab...cos they re spiritual ..the call them the Word of God..try inviting the Holy Spirit...'He's the greatest teacher...sent by God Himself...help Urself...the whole Christian thing is just Spiritual...cos God Himself is Spirit..thats why U will nevr understand it...even if We explain....

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by ayusco85(m): 10:00am On Dec 21, 2013
@OP. U are so foolish and dumb to realise that the bible isn't just some novel or book u can just read and understand. If u want to read it and understand what it means, u know what to do. Dont be shy. Millions of muslims hhave converted to christianity. I know u want to know if christianity is a true religion unlike urs that is filled with lies and stories that are cooked. Dont worry, just go to any winners chapel church and obey the alter call, give ur life to christ and the holy spirit will come upon u. That's when u will get the divine wisdom to understand the writings of the Bible. ₪☺ matter the number of threads u open asking questions about the bible happenings, u won't get the answer, because even if the answer is giving to u, it won't make sense to u, because u dont have the holy spirit which gives divine understanding.

**Last bullet: if u like read the bible 50 times like a novel, u won't understand anything*

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by freecocoa(f): 10:02am On Dec 21, 2013
Feck religion!

Just imagine how supposed christians and muslims are hurling insults at each other(especially the christians), what makes you people better than atheists\pagans if you use worse language than they do?

Walai looking at how most people who claim to be christians behave eh, it just makes me shake my head, mscheew.

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Kingspin(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2013
dyfatai: @OP dis is not the islamic way of doing Daaawa or calling people to God, u av 2 invite people wit wisdom and beautiful preaching and stop dis atheistic approach of insulting their holy spirit.

what they used to do.''
These are photocopies of words that were not clear to some fellowers- thats why they misbehave and misbelief togather.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by shoboy9: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2013
@op as emusan said u're using a wrong persprctive to interpret scripture. For instance the passage says he will be nourished with honey for maturity and not till maturity. A small diff that means a lot when u build on it. And you seem interested in building things. God is not responsible for faulty interpretations nor is he the source of such. If you truly want to know what something means, why not ask him? He already knows what is in ur heart and what u re doing. Asking only puts u in a position of being honest to God about the things in ur heart. God bless u.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Gospel367: 10:05am On Dec 21, 2013
Wow,i was surprised som ppl responded to harbiola although emusan tried and was wise,and for dyfatai,he had a point in his quaran 6:108 which also applies to us christians,xtians are not meant to argue the bible but teach it...thanks proudly a christian
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by JesusG: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2013
WARNING:THIS POST IS LENGHTY
its a big joke for one not in the Messiah to seek to understand scriptures. They can never understand. So if you really want to know you have to truthfully become a Christian.

Mark 4:10-12 NIV
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. [11] He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables [12] so that, “ ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’ ”

1 Corinthians 1:18 NIV
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

2 Corinthians 2:16 NIV
To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. ....

But let me try at least to help your intelligence concerning prophecies in scriptures :
What is the “Abomination of Desolation”?
James MacDonald
In Matthew 24, Jesus gave us some clear connecting
points between Daniel 9 and the Book of Revelation. If we
are going to be diligent about Bible reading, we are going
to have to learn how to read prophetic passages. God is
very clear that a prophet speaking for Him must be exactly
right or he should be killed! (see Deuteronomy 18:20–21)
This means the “prophets” featured in the supermarket
papers wouldn’t last long!
Some of the things that happen through church history to
make the fulfillment of prophesy apparent to the people of
God are what are called “touchdown fulfillments.” Not the
ultimate fulfillment, but an intermediate fulfillment. Take,
for example, the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14, “A virgin shall
conceive and bear a son.” There was a fulfillment of that
in Isaiah’s day; and then ultimately in Christ.
The prophesy of Joel 2 mentioned in Acts 2 about young
men dreaming dreams and old men seeing visions. That
was fulfilled in Joel’s day and again in the birth of the
Church, and there will be an ultimate fulfillment of that
prophecy in the time ahead.
So it is with the Matthew 24 passage and the
“abomination of desolation” that Jesus mentioned.
Interesting, in 175 B.C., Antiochus IV, a Syrian king, took
the name Theos Epiphanes which means God Manifested.
He marched through the Holy Land, down to Egypt. But
because he was turned back (in 170 B.C.), he had such
anger that he took it out on the Nation of Israel. He went
into the Holy of Holies in the Temple and offered a pig on
the altar there. And then he forced Jewish people to eat
that meat and to bow down to him.
Now Theos Epiphanes had a bit of an ego problem, right?
“Just call me God Manifested.” Eighty thousand Jews refused to bow
down to him and they were all murdered in the streets of
Jerusalem. Daniel’s prophecy was fulfilled and will be
fulfilled again in the end.
Biblical prophecy is not a fantasy movie script. These are
realities. And God has given us times in history to see a
touchdown fulfillment of it. So we’re like, “That could
totally happen. I can see that happening. It has happened
—It will happen!” Like that. The ultimate fulfillment of the
abomination of desolation is yet future, as Matthew points
out when he notes, “let the reader understand.” Let’s
anticipate God’s promises every day!
Taken from “It Will Happen” by Walk in the Word
Ministries[
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2013
Anyone who replies after me has miss road!!

How can u create an argument on religion, especially Christianity, the one who wrote d scriptures wrote it with the wisdom of God, now mere humans who know about d world's history want to understand d scriptures.
When people start running mad because they are trying to understand d scriptures u'll realise that believing in d "word of God" is d only way to heaven
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by snowytee(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2013
dyfatai: @OP dis is not the islamic way of doing Daaawa or calling people to God, u av 2 invite people wit wisdom and beautiful preaching and stop dis atheistic approach of insulting their holy spirit.

what they used to do.''
Better person
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Gospel367: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Advice 4 My fellow Xtians: the end time z nea nd please dont indulge ursefs in useles topics that makes God Angry and always try to practice what u read in bible cos i cant imagine seeing a xtian using the F word and curses...applies to muslims also.luv
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2013
Answer:

Yes! God fulfilled his covenant with King Ahaz but a Virgin never give birth to a baby because God was not talking about a virgin. The word that Prophet Isaiah used is Almah(A Young Lady) with no connotation to Virginity.
In Hebrew, Almah has always means "Young lady"
while Betulah means "Virgin".
The opposite gender of Almah (Young lady) in Hebrew is Elem (Young boy).

The ghost author of Matthew 1:22-23 fraudulently translated the Hebrew word "Young lady" (Almah) in Isaiah 7-14 to to Greek word "Virgin" (Pantheon) and shamelessly used it to blaspheme God that God has come to dwell among them.

Immanuel doesn't literally mean "God with Us" like some ignorance people are using it today.

Jesus was borne of by a Virgin Mary while Immanuel was borne by either Prophet Isaiah's wife or his daughter.
In either way, the real Immanuel was not borne by a Virgin.

STOP BLASPHEMING THE NATURE OF GOD; JESUS IS NOT GOD

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Morgan1092(m): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1: Lol, 1 question, 1000+ people, No answer. God have mercy!
He who luvs GOD does not 'argue' religion. U beta wise-up hence u perish. PEACE
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by bebechuks: 10:22am On Dec 21, 2013
Pls someone dis write up for me. Could not read it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Debate An Atheist / Dr. Paul Enenche Visits Benue Mass Burial Site, Donates Relief Materials To Idps / Happy Ash Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.