Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,768 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) (14405 Views)

Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? / Why I Deny The Virgin Birth Of Jesus / Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by GentleFrank(m): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
Good !
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Olaochi;
by OlaoChi(f): 1:11pm

RoyPCain: servant of Jehovah, if Jehovah is God Almighty Allah in another language, yes, the servants are muslims because the obeyed God and submit themselves fully to His Will as in Command, Instructions, etc.

@mintayo;

Wrong. If I decide to serve My God Izanami that doesn't make me a muslim because I choose a Japanese God. And I serve one God
if Izanami is

Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him
, then Izanami is True God, otherwise Izanami is not. Allah says in Surah Hashr, below;

59:18 O you who have believed, fear Allah . And let every soul look to what it has put forth for tomorrow - and fear Allah . Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.

59:19 And be not like those who forgot Allah , so He made them forget themselves. Those are the defiantly disobedient.

59:20 Not equal are the companions of the Fire and the companions of Paradise. The companions of Paradise - they are the attainers [of success].

59:21 If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah . And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought.

59:22 He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

59:23 He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.

59:24 He is Allah , the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

so if Izanami is the Most Beautiful Name that the Japanese came up with for The Deity that Qualifies as above, yes, then Izanami is Allah.

any equivalent."
there is no equivalent of 1, except 1 which is the original 1.

Allah is not the only God, there are over 5000 Gods in every civilization
If Allah is Saudi Arabia, Japan is Izanami that doesn't make Allah and Izanami the same
Olaochi, is there only you Olaochi? if your answer is yes because no other Olaochi is the daughter of mom and dad and sister of brothers and sisters, cousin of other children of uncles and aunts and no other Olaochi granddaughter of grandmas and grandpas, know that you are even a creation of God, the Only True God. shouldnt He the Only True God be at least be One and others are like the other Olaochis, not recognized as you by those i mentioned in your relationship, above? abeg, park well, sisi.

Pls stop spreading lies. If u believe Allah is ur God, he is NOT MY GOD
True God by any Name is True God, still. it is when what does not qualify is called God that we have your God is not my God syndrome. True God deserves All Worship, Obedience, etc He Prescribed. If you out of that restricted zone, then disobedience has crept in and such worship, obedience is idolatry because it is to what one has erected, taken without such action commanded by The 1 True God Who is Lord of you and what you worship instead of worshiping Him, Alone.

I can chose any God I like, whether it's Olorun, Chineke, Jehovah, Zeus etc. You can't force somebody to take ur God or deceive them that they are all the same just another language.
olaochi. except the bold, the rest are true God on the tongues of believers from the tribe that use the word to indicate the One True God. i as a yoruba say to Nurudeen who is also a yoruba that Olorun a wa pelu e o. Nurudeen knows that i mean Allah will not ignore him. My Igbo sheikh will say to ifyalways, a muslima that Chineke will not ignore you. ifyalways who is one of my sisters on nairaland knows Sheikh Okeke meant Allah when he said Chineke. sisi olaochi, you have no argument if you think hard.

Allah loves Yellow cow and ram meat, Jehovah loves Jesus blood, Olorun doesn't even ask for any sacrifice at all instead his Children collect sacrifice on his behalf
if you read the tafsir of that portion of Surah Baqarah, you would have known that the commandment as sign under the prophetic office of Moses [AS] began with just 'kill a cow'. it is the insolence of the children of Israel, a rejecters of guidance when it come to them that led to a specific 'yellow cow' that belonged to an orphan of a true believer, that the true price equal to the weight in gold of the entire hide, as a means of punishment of the miserly children of israel.

the ram meat is a ransom of the life of the supposed to be sacrificed son of Ibrahim [AS], Ismail [AS]. read surah As Saffat, below:

37: 105 You have fulfilled the vision." Indeed, We thus reward the doers of good.

37:106 Indeed, this was the clear trial.

37:107 And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice,

37:108 And We left for him [favorable mention] among later generations:

37:109 "Peace upon Abraham."

37:110 Indeed, We thus reward the doers of good.

37:111 Indeed, he was of Our believing servants.

37:112 And We gave him good tidings of Isaac, a prophet from among the righteous.

if you read the last verse; 112, you will see that it was after the event that the angels visited Ibrahim [AS] on the way to the evil people dwelling where prophet Lot [AS] was preaching that they change their evil ways. the angels at that occasion announced the future birth of prophet Isiaq [AS], proving that the son of sacrifice was absolutely not Isiaqa [AS] who never claimed it anyway since he and his older brother, prophet Ismail [AS] were on the same path; Guidance of God.

These are different Gods.
I can even site many differences between Jehovah and Yahweh
there are different women. I can even site many differences between Olaochi and Olayemi.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by OlaoChi: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
Stop comparing Izanami with Allah that's silly, They have nothing in common.
Allah never said such, how can someone be referring to himself and be saying "We, He or using his name i.e He is Allah" You are deceiving people to worship the God Arabs created because if Allah is one God there won't be other Gods and he would show himself to Everyone and not a small group of Desert Dwellers.

It's not about most beautiful name but simply a name that describes how they understand the universe. Izanami no mikoto is the Kami of creation from her came the earth and Izanagi sustains and keeps it in existence

You probably don't know anything about Greek religion, Because as Allah is to Muslims so is Zeus to Greeks
Olorun and Chineke are not Allah
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by shoboy9: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1: Answer:

Yes! God fulfilled his covenant with King Ahaz but a Virgin never give birth to a baby because God was not talking about a virgin. The word that Prophet Isaiah used is Almah(A Young Lady) with no connotation to Virginity.
In Hebrew, Almah has always means "Young lady"
while Betulah means "Virgin".
The opposite gender of Almah (Young lady) in Hebrew is Elem (Young boy).
Immanuel doesn't literally mean "God with Us" like some ignorance people are using it today.

Try and be sincere. Your OP initially gave the impression that the prophecy was not fulfilled. Now you're saying the prophecy was not about a virgin. But if the prophecy was about a "young lady" giving birth, how is that any kind of prophecy? Who else gives birth but "young" ladies?

Its rather unfortunate that you only sound like someone who wants to spread hate and division rather than one who seeks genuine dialogue. Hope you can prove me wrong on both counts. And please be sincere, its disrespectful to those who read your post not to. Thanks.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by beordune(m): 7:01am On Dec 22, 2013
harbiola1: Isaiah 7:1-16 are the verses of the book of Isaiah in which Prophet Isaiah, addressing King Ahaz of Judah, promising the King Ahaz that God will destroy his enemies; as a sign that his Prophecy is a true one, Isaiah predicts that a Almah will shortly give birth to a child whose name will be Immanuel "God with us".
And that the threat from the enemy Kings will be ended before the child grows up.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT.
In the mid-8th Century BCE, the kingdom of Isreal (called Ephraim in Isaiah) and its ally Aram-damascus (or Syria) besieged Jerusalem to force King Ahaz of Judah into joining a coalition against Assyria, the aggresive "great power" to the North-East. Ahaz turned to Assyria itself for help, but although the Assyrians destroyed Syria and Ephraim, Judah became Assyrian vassal.

The history Isaiah was a Prophet in jerusalem during the reign of Ahaz and Hezekiah. The prophecy in these verses was delivered during the Joint Ephraimite-Syrian siege, but was probably written down during the Assyrian siege in the time of Ahaz and then revised again when Judah came into conflict with Babylon.

Isaiah 7:1-10.
Judah is faced with invasion by its Northern neighbours, Isreal (also called Ephraim) and Aram-Damascus(Syria).

But God instructs the Prophet Isaiah to tell King Ahaz that God will destroy Judah's enemy (Isaiah 7:1-10);

When Ahaz was king of Judah, Rezin, king of Syria and Pekah was king of Isreal, marched on Jerusalem, they were unable to prevail against it.
When the House of David was told that Syria had allied itself with Ephraim, their hearts and the hearts of their people trembled.
But the Lord said to Isaiah,
"God out to meet Ahaz, you and Shearjushub your Son. and say to him,
"Be firm and keep calm; The lord has said,
"It will not happen".

The Prophecy - Isaiah 7:11-16:

Prophet Isaiah approach king Ahaz to deliver God's message.

Isaiah delivers God's message to Ahaz and tells him to ask for a sign to confirm that this is a true Prophecy.

Ahaz refuses saying he will not test God.

Isaiah replied that Ahaz will have a sign whether he asks for it or not.

And Isaiah said the SIGN will be the birth of a child by a VIRGIN, and she shall call his name IMMANUEL "God is with Us".
First Sign would be the birth of a child by a Virgin whom will name her child Immanuel.

Second sign was that the child would be eating Curds and Honey till he is matured.

By the time the Infant (i.e Immanuel) learns to reject the bad and choose the good (i.e Before the child reach puberty). Isreal and Syria the opponent of King Ahaz will be destroyed.

QUESTION: DID GOD FULFIL HIS COVENANT WITH KING AHAZ? (I.E A VIRGIN BORNE A CHILD)

The fact that you don't know or belief in something doesn't mean that thing dint happen or exist.
Anyway, mind the way you use the word "Holy spirit"..#Justsaying..for your own good!
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by juanmiguel: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2013
@ OP! YES! God fulfilled his promise. In Mathew 1:18-24. When Joseph found out that Mary was pregnant and wanted to send her away, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in the dream and told him not to fear to take Mary as his wife because she was conceived of the holy spirit and she will bear a son who'l be called Immanuel. Again it says, ALL THIS TOOK PLACE TO FULFIL WHAT THE LORD HAD SPOKEN THROUGH THE PROPHET!!!!!!
So i want to tell u dat God doesn't fail in his promises. Mary conceived and bore a son Immanue(Jesus Christ). Merry christmas in advance!
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
harbiola1:

John 8:32 undecided
John 8:32-and u shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make u free
John 14:6-...I am the Way, the TRUTH and the Life....
The truth in John 8:32 wich u pointed out is JESUS. U think u knw the Bible abi?? Lets not insult each oda so dat we dnt mock GOD. Leave our religion 4 us annd face urs
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by OlaoChi: 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
chindi:
John 8:32-and u shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make u free
John 14:6-...I am the Way, the TRUTH and the Life....
The truth in John 8:32 wich u pointed out is JESUS. U think u knw the Bible abi?? Lets not insult each oda so dat we dnt mock GOD. Leave our religion 4 us annd face urs

Why not leave the foreign religion alone

A Muslim attacking Christians but you all are Nigerians, is it not silly to let these things come between you? Why can't you serve the Gods known to Nigeria and leave Saudi Arabia and Israel Gods alone
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2013
OlaoChi:

A Muslim attacking Christians but you all are Nigerians, is it not silly to let these things come between you? Why can't you serve the Gods known to Nigeria and leave Saudi Arabia and Israel Gods alone
Maam, I'm exercising ma FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!!
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
OlaoChi:

And why not save this for ur kids.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
It pains that i couldn't respond to the thread earlier.
The Op is sincere enough, but if you think otherwise then try and answer this question:
QUESTION: DID GOD FULFIL HIS COVENANT WITH KING AHAZ? (I.E A VIRGIN BORNE A CHILD)

If you think verse 14-15 is not talking about King Ahaz, you are deliberately fooling urself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 8:17am On Dec 25, 2013
3:71 O People of the Scripture, why do you confuse the truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know [it]?
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by OlaoChi: 11:31am On Dec 25, 2013
harbiola1: 3:71 O People of the Scripture, why do you confuse the truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know [it]?

Why are you quoting from Quran to Christians?
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 11:38am On Dec 25, 2013
OlaoChi:

Why are you quoting from Quran to Christians?
Momo water, why are you this nosy?
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2013
harbiola1:
smh!
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by OlaoChi: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
harbiola1:

Do u have a problem with ur Aunt?
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
OlaoChi:

Do u have a problem with ur Aunt?
All my Aunties are Muslimahs while u're what i called u. I don't have any problem with them and i don't think u worth my beef. undecided
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by OlaoChi: 12:41am On Dec 26, 2013
harbiola1:
All my Aunties are Muslimahs while u're what i called u. I don't have any problem with them and i don't think u worth my beef. undecided
Well you not worth my time undecided

1 Like

Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 5:51am On Dec 26, 2013
OlaoChi:
Good for you.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 26, 2013
OlaoChi:
I concur grin
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by harbiola1(m): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
FrancisTony: grin
Move pata pata to Joke section, undecided
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
@juanmiguel;
by juanmiguel: 11:11am On Dec 22
@ OP! YES! God fulfilled his promise. In Mathew 1:18-24. When Joseph found out that Mary was pregnant and wanted to send her away, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in the dream and told him not to fear to take Mary as his wife because she was conceived of the holy spirit and she will bear a son who'l be called Immanuel. Again it says, ALL THIS TOOK PLACE TO FULFIL WHAT THE LORD HAD SPOKEN THROUGH THE PROPHET!!!!!!
So i want to tell u dat God doesn't fail in his promises. Mary conceived and bore a son Immanue(Jesus Christ). Merry christmas in advance!

don't man and woman be legally married first before they live together, today so that those that obedient to the Law of God concerning sexual intercourse will not have anything bad to say? today is a less conservative time compared to the time of the youth of Mary and her pregnancy of her on, Jesus, son of Mary. if religious christians frown at cohabitation without marriage, how are you saying that Mary was living with Joseph the carpenter so much so that he was sending her away, if he had not married her? there is a payment of dowry and religious service process with it before man and woman can be declared married.

you will have to tell us from the Bible about the marriage, first, before we believe you. otherwise, Joseph was written into the story and it was a make up.

True God does not fail, human does by any of the means; lies in many forms. God does not fail which is the reason that it is evident from both old and new testaments that Jesus was protected from being killed on the cross; He prayed and his prayer was accepted, being supported by Angel sent to do so. God is True in Speech by "It was made to appear so to them and those that differ do so my mere conjecture.'
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by juanmiguel: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
RoyPCain: @juanmiguel;

don't man and woman be legally married first before they live together, today so that those that obedient to the Law of God concerning sexual intercourse will not have anything bad to say? today is a less conservative time compared to the time of the youth of Mary and her pregnancy of her on, Jesus, son of Mary. if religious christians frown at cohabitation without marriage, how are you saying that Mary was living with Joseph the carpenter so much so that he was sending her away, if he had not married her? there is a payment of dowry and religious service process with it before man and woman can be declared married.

you will have to tell us from the Bible about the marriage, first, before we believe you. otherwise, Joseph was written into the story and it was a make up.

True God does not fail, human does by any of the means; lies in many forms. God does not fail which is the reason that it is evident from both old and new testaments that Jesus was protected from being killed on the cross; He prayed and his prayer was accepted, being supported by Angel sent to do so. God is True in Speech by "It was made to appear so to them and those that differ do so my mere conjecture.'
as in seriously?is dis an argument? U askd a question n it was answered? Wot is it u dnt believe? Dat Mary wasn't a virgin b4 she concieved Jesus? Did u actually read d verse i pointed out? Mary was betrothed to Joseph dat was y he wasn't happy wen he found out she was carry a child dat was his own. Tnx to God thru d angel dat cleared up his doubt in d dream
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
Emusan:
Your rudeness is a thing that requires fasting and prayer.

3) Where you got it wrong is because "sign" appeared in verse 11&14. Verse 13-17 is another part. Here the message has been shifted from king Ahaz now for the whole house of David, Judah is the house in which the Messiah will come, now these people have been waiting to a point that they are too anxious for the Messiah to come. verse 13 really elaborates this point NASB:Then he said, “Listen now, O house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God as well?
NIV:Then Isaiah said, “Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of humans? Will you try the patience of my God also?

First, this message is for the whole House of David who are waiting for a Messiah not for king Ahaz only. Then verse 14 stated that God Himself will give them a sign when the Messiah will come.
Only if you can remove the wrong glass you put on then you can see it. The message of the sign of a virgin given birth does not in any way connected with the plan of those kings because God has already spoken that it won't take place.

Shalom!

This is the most dishonest fabrication of this scripture and makes a mockery of our integrity as Christians.

God stands for TRUTH, stop lying for him !!!!
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
juanmiguel:

Mathew 1:18-24. is a fabrication and not true at all......
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
omenpetrol:
That's the Issue I have with this P.I.G.S. Face your Religion. Stop trying to Justify Non sense. Serve your GOD the way you want. Stop Wasting your Life typing Gibberish. Its people like you that start bombing churches, be heading and Suicide bombing......Cos you have nothing to offer .Mind your business. Long Live ISREAL. I Serve the God of Israel.

You call your fellow human beings PIGS and then go on to say you are serving the God of Israel ?? What a deluded soul.
Re: Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) by Emusan(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
frosbel:

This is the most dishonest fabrication of this scripture and makes a mockery of our integrity as Christians.

God stands for TRUTH, stop lying for him !!!!

Brother frosbel we're not on the same path OK!

Remember I once told you "very soon you will say there's no God"

I just pray it won't too late before you realize

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is A True Man Of God? / What's Your Favorite Hymn? / Debate An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.