Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,583 members, 7,941,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? (27916 Views)

Fornication Is Not A Sin / Why Fornication Is A Deadly Sin That Will Get You Almost Killed, If Not Killed ? / Over Coming Fornication Is Not By Prayers Alone, Its Not The Sin The Sin Is Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Enedane(f): 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
The answer can be found in this scriptures [1Cor 6:13b-now the body is not for fonication,but for the lord and the lord for the body.
1Cor 6:18-Flee fornication(not walk,bind or rebuke) every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that commiteth fornication sinneth against his own body.]
Fornication is definitely a sin, even the holiest man/woman can fall victim to it, that's why the instruction is to Flee.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by zeelo2014: 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

100%

Sex is actually marriage, it is what binds a man and woman together before God's sight and that is why whenever there is an act of pre-marital sex in the OT, both couples are bound to be husband and wife or else they will be in danger of sin.

[b]Sex is that covenant that binds a man and woman[b], not court or church wedding, all these are man made but of course are necessary after both couples have grown the intention to be one.

I know most people will not understand this but its the truth.

Pre-marital sex(before formal marriage) is 'not necessarily' fornication, it can be fornication when it becomes illicit with intentions to just be wayward.

God approves of a union btw a man and a woman the moment they intend to be one as long as its according to his plan.

Sex is marriage? Incredible!!
I thank God sane people are now making their views on this thread now. so pre-marital sex is now justified? Some pentecostal churches have bastardized Christianity.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Ishilove: 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
rudedough:

Stop living in self denial. Jesus himself said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17)

Always remember that. God enjoys ra.pe and Jesus the son is not any better. Like father like son.
You badly need deliverance...
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
a4.hafoe:
fornication and adultery are both prohibited in islam...infact it's regarded as the second greatest sin after murder and shrik(polytheism )...zina is the islamic word for fornication and adultery... Punishment of zina in the hereafter
The punishment of those who die without repenting
from zina begins in their grave. In a long hadith, Allah’s
Messenger (s.a.w) related a dream in which he saw two
men accompanying him (Jibreel and Maalik), showing him
how a number of sinners were being punished in al-
Barzakh (life between death and Judgement day). The
Prophet (s.a.w) said: “…We proceeded until we came across
a hole in the ground that resembled a baking pit, narrow at
the top and wide at the bottom. Babbling and voices were
issuing from it. We looked in and saw naked men and
women. Underneath the pit was a raging fire; whenever it
flared up, the men and women screamed and rose with it
until they almost fell out of the pit. As it subsided, they
returned (to the bottom). I said: ‘Who are these?’ They
said: ‘…As for the naked men and women who were in the
pit, they are men and women who indulge in zina …”(12) In
a similar narration Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) said: “We
moved on until I saw people who were awfully swollen, and
had the most foul stench, their stench was like that of the
sewers. I asked: ‘Who are these?’ They replied: ‘Those are
the male and female adulterers.’”(13) As for punishment in
the hereafter, Allah Most High says: “And they (i.e. the
servants of Allah) do not commit zina - And whoever does
this shall meet a full penalty. The torment will be doubled
to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein
in disgrace.” (14)....please don't fornicate ooo na beg i dy beg u oo....

yes fornication is a sin.

but I thought there is a section called "islam for muslims".

That deols wouldn't come and ban her pple now
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by farem: 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
Fornication is NOT a 'necessary' sin. BUT to get to Hell fire, you go need am!
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
zeelo2014:

Sex is marriage? Incredible!!
I thank God sane people are now making their views on this thread now. so pre-marital sex is now justified? Some pentecostal churches have bastardized Christianity.

I am not here to argue with anyone but sex is what joins a man and woman, not court marriage or marriage by a priest.

Note I didn't say sex is a marriage ceremony, lol, sex is marriage(the joining of a man and woman to become one)

Forget those marriage ceremonies, it doesn't determine whether you are married or not
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Ishilove: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
The Word is very explicit about this fornication issue. All these big grammar to justify pre-marital sex is very disheartening.

I will rather err on the side of caution and abstain from pre-marital sex, then find out at judgement that I needn't have bothered, than have a fucck full life (scuse my french) because I feel fornicatin isn't pre-marital sex, only to discover on judgement day that PRE-MARITAL SEX is FORNICATION.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by yomifowe(m): 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

100%

Sex is actually marriage, it is what binds a man and woman together before God's sight and that is why whenever there is an act of pre-marital sex in the OT, both couples are bound to be husband and wife or else they will be in danger of sin.

Sex is that covenant that binds a man and woman, not court or church wedding, all these are man made but of course are necessary after both couples have grown the intention to be one.

I know most people will not understand this but its the truth.

Pre-marital sex(before formal marriage) is 'not necessarily' fornication, it can be fornication when it becomes illicit with intentions to just be wayward.

God approves of a union btw a man and a woman the moment they intend to be one as long as its according to his plan.

Bros abeg, which bible u dey read, and who be your Pastor. Although, you said the right thing that sex is the actual marriage. That is true. However, that marriage (sex) must take place after the priest must have pronounced the couple man and wife.

In Genesis, God pronounced them man and wife (Gen 2:24) before they slept together. So every other thing you said are heresies.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by bokoarerams: 5:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: This is the problem with all we want definition for everything, and anything that dont fit or fit into the concept our little mind created is taken or discarded as the case maybe.

Do not be deceived God cant be mocked, for whatever a man sows that he shall reap. If you sow to the flesh, u shall of the flesh reap corruption, and if you sow to the spirit u shall of the spirit reap life everlasting!
pls answer this question sincerly,remember u are xtian so dont lie, have u fornicated before? And are u a virgin? U can ignore if it is too difficult for u to answer
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nahum777: So you mean the book of Exodus doesnt count?, you follow only one part of the bible huh? stop fooling around bro The God that i serve doesnt change, or you havnt heard? So the old testament is a waste? Why did God bother writing it?

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6).
where in the bible does it say marrying two wives is a sin? And i repeat, marrying two wives isnt a sin. Nowhere did the bible call it a sin.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness," (Galatians 5:19). and how does this verse support your claim? The thing is that you dont understand the bible, you follow the world, you dont read the bible on your own. Where did the bible define fornication as premarital sex? That is where you are getting it wrong, you dont know the meaning of fornication in the bible.
Welcome to my world bro. Don't be mad if pagan is tagged to your name for saying the truth just like me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

you can quote verse 18 too so that we can analyse it

That won't be necessary. Just grab yourself a girl child and party away. The Lord has granted you some little "spoils of war". grin grin

Enjoy yourself buddy
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Ishilove: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
haibe:

I am not here to argue with anyone but sex is what joins a man and woman, not court marriage or marriage by a priest.

Note I didn't say sex is a marriage ceremony, lol, sex is marriage(the joining of a man and woman to become one)

Forget those marriage ceremonies, it doesn't determine whether you are married or not
Toh. So if a couple believe in their heart of hearts that they are meant for each other and make arrangements towards it, while fuccking to their hearts contents while they are it( scuse my french). Then something happens, circumstances change, and they break up. Is that how they will keep sharing bodies round until they finally meet the ONE who is God's will for them in marriage?
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by jmoore(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
Fake teachers in the house trying to justify premarital sex, may God deliver you from your evil message. Amen!
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by InesQor(m): 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
The main problem with most people is that once they hear "Pre-marital sex is not fornication" they think it means "Go around having sex like a wild animal on heat, God doesn't mind", and some go ahead to do that. That's why they are told "IT IS A SIN" so that their hands can be held like children and they can be guided in the simplest way possible.

Just like some folks have to tell some people that "mastur'bation is a sin" because if you don't, they will grow wanton until they begin to idolize it from overly frequent abuse of the act. Or like you have to tell some people that drinking alcoholic beverages is a sin. Because they have no self control!!

Nuances, nuances. I will keep telling how nuances and subtlety of meaning are entirely lost in this modern age and especially in religions.

2 Likes

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
yomifowe:

Bros abeg, which bible u dey read, and who be your Pastor. Although, you said the right thing that sex is the actual marriage. That is true. However, that marriage (sex) must take place after the priest must have pronounced the couple man and wife.

In Genesis, God pronounced them man and wife (Gen 2:24) before they slept together. So every other thing you said are heresies.

exodus 22 vs 17 16 And if a man entice a maid
that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall
surely endow her to be his wife. 17 If her
father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he
shall pay money according to the dowry of
virgins..

Is this premarital sex or not? Is the man pronounced as sinful for this? btw you misinterpreted gen 2:24
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Sunnynedu: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
fornication is sin take it or leave it and mind you God has a standard, look! abstaining from any nature of sin no matter how big or small they might seems to you does not change God from who he is instead they are for your own good, live your life the way you want it and stop contaminating it with your selfish idea, the very day children of israel wanted to hear God speak to them they were asked never to sleep with their women, when david said we were conceived in sin what do you think he was talking about?
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ishilove:
Toh. So if a couple believe in their heart of hearts that they are meant for each other and make arrangements towards it, while fuccking to their hearts contents while they are it( scuse my french). Then something happens, circumstances change, and they break up. Is that how they will keep sharing bodies round until they finally meet the ONE who is God's will for them in marriage?

Circumstances like what?? pls be specific.

Also I do not comdone sleeping around if that is what you mean, the point here is sex is actually the marriage and that's why everyone should be married to the person they first had sex with. Any other negative or wayward intention is sinful.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by farem: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
boko are rams: pls answer this question sincerly,remember u are xtian so dont lie, have u fornicated before? And are u a virgin? U can ignore if it is too difficult for u to answer
FORNICATION IS NOT FUNNY, NEITHER IS THE ADULTERY MEANT FOR ADULTS!
WHO ARE YOU TO WANT TO GET HIS RESPONSE? YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER TO CONTINUE IN YOUR DAMNED WAY! WHAT HIS 'YES' OR 'NO' GOING TO CHANGE FOR YOU WHEN YOU HAVE MADE YOUR MIND UP?
IF I TELL YOU I HAVE FAILED ICAN EXAMS MANY TIMES IN THE PAST, WOULD YOU TAKE THAT AS AN 'ENCOURAGEMENT' TO FAIL MORE? FORNICATION HAS BEEN ROUNDLY CONDEMNED BY GOD AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO AVOID OR LEAVE IT. IF IT DOESN'T, IT IS WILL BE TOO BAD.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
InesQor: The main problem with most people is that once they hear "Pre-marital sex is not fornication" they think it means "Go around having sex like a wild animal on heat, God doesn't mind", and some go ahead to do that. That's why they are told "IT IS A SIN" so that their hands can be held like children and they can be guided in the simplest way possible.

Just like some folks have to tell some people that "mastur'bation is a sin" because if you don't, they will grow wanton until they begin to idolize it from overly frequent abuse of the act. Or like you have to tell some people that drinking alcoholic beverages is a sin. Because they have no self control!!

Nuances, nuances. I will keep telling how nuances and subtlety of meaning are entirely lost in this modern age and especially in religions.
Actually in matters like these it is good to be a babe and thread the side of caution.The Holy Spirit defines what sin is in the heart of believers.Be that as it may you shouldn't use this knowledge to cause others to stumble.Be a wise serpent and a harmless dove. I can eat food sacrifice to idols but if it will cause a brother to stumble and for conscience sake, should i go ahead and do that?
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
If I were to be a reputable English professor or scholar, I can give another definition to the word fornication as below:

"Any form of sex(including in marriage) without the consent of another party."

And believe me, because language is dynamic, in the next century, people will begin to condemn "marriage between couples without the consent of the other party" and then those new generations will condemn married couples for having sex if one party is not actually interested.

Do not let language confuse us, pre martial sex is not necessarily fornication, it can be but that's only when it becomes illicit in the sence of wanting to be wayward or to please lustful desires. This is what the bible calls fornication.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by olubenjazzy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Eminado01:
No one laid any rule down!
Go out to the street, if you see a lady with big behind, turn back and admire the yansh and walk away, no one will imprison yougrin
Feel free to do whatever you please with your babe, with mutual consent of course, no bible have any right over your intimacycheesy

#society does it, so should yousmiley
but God have d right over ur intimacy. how u see am?
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Nahum777(m): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
the problem is, people just comment without knowing the topic at hand. nobody is saying Fornication is not a sin, but what we are saying is, Fornication doesnt mean Premarital sex, it is when you sleep with someone without the intention of being with that person for ever. get the point, sex is marriage.

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by ademega(m): 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
I no b pastor ooh , but i dey learn good and bad preaching for this post.
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by jayAjoku(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nahum777: common go and sit down, u put emotions on everything, how does that verse say premarital sex is a sin? tell me where the bible says premarital sex is a sin?. define fornication with the bible and not your own opinion.

exodus 22 vs 17 16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. 17 If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins..

fornication isn't premarital sex. fornication is when you dont marry who you sleep with.
bible says in proverbs 3:7 be not wise in thine own eyes fear the lord and depart from evil. My friend obey Gods word it is never wrong .
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by InesQor(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bidam: Actually in matters like these it is good to be a babe and thread the side of caution.The Holy Spirit defines what sin is in the heart of believers. Be that as it may you shouldn't use this knowledge to cause others to stumble.Be a wise serpent and a harmless dove. I can eat food sacrifice to idols but if it will cause a brother to stumble and for conscience sake, should i go ahead and do that?

Thanks. This is my exact stance. It was the reason I placed all the caveats on my post. If anyone reads them all patiently they will see where I was coming from, my perspective. But had I known this would end up on the frontpage I probably wouldn't have posted that first (lengthy) response, because front-page threads usually get a lot of mindless traffic, and most of the viewers don't take appropriate time to contemplate issues. This generation is always in a hurry. cool
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by chuksemejulu: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Pre-marital sex is bad,it kills
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Nahum777(m): 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
chuksemejulu: Pre-marital sex is bad,it kills
prove it.

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by sim99: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
Eminado01:
No one laid any rule down!
Go out to the street, if you see a lady with big behind, turn back and admire the yansh and walk away, no one will imprison yougrin
Feel free to do whatever you please with your babe, with mutual consent of course, no bible have any right over your intimacycheesy

#society does it, so should yousmiley
I simply hope that you remember while advocating such that the fire of hell is no myth and that its capacity is beyond your imagination. See Evil as Evil, no matter the Era, no matter the society, no matter the people. There is CERTAINLY a day of Accountability, sooner or later!

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Nahum777(m): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
InesQor:
Na wa oh! shocked shocked shocked

The diaspora that James wrote to in James 1:1 were the scattered Israelites after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

Job, Melchizedek, Jethro, Rahab, Ruth and others were definitely not a part of the diaspora. They had died long before Jesus was even born.

Bros how you dey take interpret the Biblical timeline so?
sorry my battery was low, i didnt understand your question wink http://www.donmeh-west.com/Job.shtml
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by haibe(m): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nahum777: sorry my battery was low, i didnt understand your question wink http://www.donmeh-west.com/Job.shtml

no need to derail the thread
Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
O.p and all others on this thread, you all need to understand something... Sex is indeed what joins a man and a woman as one but that is not enough to claim you are married. remember that as believers we belong to a community and are expected to be accountable and responsible accordingly. what matters is not the specific ceremony or act that is legally considered the entrance into marriage by our community, but the fact that the union can be established and honored. so if sex is your own definition of marriage then fine but before getting married under that principle, you must inform her parents and the community of believers you belong to that you intend to commence banging your wife and of course you know that you cannot bang anyone else other than her. under such circumstances why not just get married the legal way? why go through the back door? it is because your intentions are likely mere self gratification. also note that biblical marriage implies the beginning of a new family so you cannot be having sex while your wife is still in her fathers house and you are in yours. by "fathers house" i men "the responsibilty for her upkeep is still on her guardians. in a nutshell these are the following biblical requirments for marriage to occur;

*irrevocable committment
*visible acountability
*unwaivable responsibility

so therefore fornication is indeed a sin and occurs when you have sex with a person devoid of these three. and no, fornication is not a necessary sin.. by definition all sin is unnecessary but then again it depends on your goals in life.... imma round up by telling you like 'crae told me "when you die heaven aint the only place to go"..... be advised

1 Like

Re: Fornication:is It A 'necessary' Sin? by Eyop: 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Eminado01: Define sin, I beg of you.

#not from the biblical point of view pleasesmiley

Sin is anything you do in secret grin grin. So if you don't want to sin,when fornicating do it in public so that people will see you GBAM! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Synagogue Church Of All Nations Caught Selling Fake Miracles In Britain / Ogoja Catholic Diocese Welcomes Their New Bishop (Photo) / The Rapture Of The Church - Ron Graham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.