Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,822 members, 7,966,048 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:59 AM

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo (52245 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You're an old man that should be seen as such, not just because he says so, but because he behaves as such.
If not that you are being wicked to your children and grand children that will suffer from the corruption in Nigeria, are you not supposed to be more focused on the letter of Obasanjo to Jonathan which touches on national issues, than this purportedly written by Iyabo to Obasanjo that is more of a family issue?

This is obvious, but I am beginning to suspect that people like him are paid to distort the truth.

There are professional liars on Nigerian social media.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
kingston247:

So its only an Ijaw DAT can insult his/her parent.....I Don talk am.its long overdue we walk out of this Hausa and Yoruba fools.....

Please tell me where you even saw the word Ijaw in his comment.

Do you get on your knees with your parents? Yoruba do.

Respect for parents is HUGE in Yoruba culture. He is just stating that it is rare for a Yoruba to openly disrespect their parents. He is not insulting Ijaws. Actually, he didn't even mention them, so I am not sure what your point is.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
talktimi: the APC is presenting Atiku Abubakar while PDP is presenting Gej... Make your choice

Are you TB Joshua?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Some of the GEJ haters' argument I'm seeing here does not really imply Iyabo didn't write the letter. They are simply trying to coarse her to make a turn around and disown the letter so they can accuse GEJ.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
agbameta:

Either GEJ's goons cooked this up with or without his knowledge doesn't even matter at this point, the Aso Rock dullard is toast...

Real Toast Jonathan is in right now because the Vengeful OBJ i know will surely take his pound of flesh.
Killer Members in disarray.
Good news for demdem grin grin
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Samxiulee: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ehmmmmm,lemme help you guys,you all forgot that quite a number of people that worked with obj are still in Gej cabinet,of you want people to believe a lie,just add a lil truth in it,its called fallacy.

Av got no doubt in my mind that the letter was written not just by someone in the presidency,but someone in the Intel unit,they are the only one with detail information about the first families.

BTW am not a fan of OBJ and GEJ.....pot calling kettle black.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
obayaya:

the same Yoruba youths that striped a Chief naked..

tell me something else

Don't mind that guy.
If I was not living in the South West I would assume all Yoruba youths are touts and have no sense of respect for elders.
All those heaping curses on their own president and anyone who support GEJ here on NL are what tribe? Sudanese?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by biopat(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1: grin grin grin grin

The whole of Nigeria is turning to nollywood comedy.

Mad followers.

Madder leadership.

Maddest political class.
The Maddest comment ever on NL.
And d first Official NL award.
Guy When dem go release d film?

They want to litter this country with Open Letters...
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You're an old man that should be seen as such, not just because he says so, but because he behaves as such.
If not that you are being wicked to your children and grand children that will suffer from the corruption in Nigeria, are you not supposed to be more focused on the letter of Obasanjo to Jonathan which touches on national issues, than this purportedly written by Iyabo to Obasanjo that is more of a family issue?

James Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo is corrupt beyond explanation with words. If you were honestly worried about the effects of corruptible practices by Nigerian leaders, you should not look beyond Obasanjo who had 12 good years to perpetrate the heinous crime on Nigerians. Goodluck Jonathan was a student when Obasanjo killed many Nigerians with his wickedness and corruption.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Don't be foölish! She woke this morning just like most of us to hear of it. The quickest means to dissociate herself, pending when she will write to refute the write, is to be interviewed; which she did on Rainbow FM.

You see how slow and mischievous you are?
You don't believe a letter to Vanguard but believe a random call to Rainbow FM?
Dammmnn! These APC fellows are pathetic!

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
They have rubbished the country before the committee of nations, now they want to rubbish our presidency. Whoever is doing this fakery job does not deserve to live. I know Iyabo Obasanjo, a reverred Senator of the FRN will never write such a letter to bully the father. Civilised people can't do that. The source of this fake letter can be traced to where Obasanjo's first letter scud missile was fired. That's where to find the suspects if we have a good police service in this country.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
profvic3: no sir! she wrote it to the public dat is y it is called an open letter.it supposed to b signed for verification.so i stil tink dat letter is a fabrication.

Do you believe she called Rainbow FM?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by bankyblue(m): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
i love this country called NIGERIA.

with all this things happening!
i cant trade it for anyother country< because i must watching the ending of the FILM
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by biopat(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
Oya, make I begin write my own (but na close one oooo). Who go borrow me pen n 80 leaves long note? Just PM ASAP.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by dejibimbo(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
What if iyabo didnt write this letter, and she came out and clarified not to have written it...what if iyabo wrote the letter, and still denied it all by herself....what if she didnt write d letter, nd it was nt she dat denied it (what if the same originator of the said 'letter to my dad' was the one dat designed a denial), in psycology, it is a trick called 'the backfire effect' where u make a claim, then come out to deny the claim, thereby making ur claims more solid in ur audience mind...the ochestrators of this letter/denial may just knw about this backfire effect...this would be a perfect strategy to dislodge OBJ's credibility to write to tackle GEJ's administration...the funi thing about this psycological effect is that, no amount of evidence, disclaim would erase ''iyabo's letter to obj'' from the minds of those who saw it, even the more evidence you provide against it, the more nigerians would believe it....#justMyTOTs

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by talktimi(m): 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Are you TB Joshua?
APC went to beg Atiku to join them today, you know he wont do so without bargaining for the presidential ticket in return

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by wirinet(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
As I said, the letter might have expressed the general view of obasanjo 's family members and that of Iyabo. But I am certain Iyabo did not write the said letter. To what end would abusing her father in public? Immediately the letter called Obasanjo stupi.d, I knew it was from someone pursuing a vendetta. Iyabo I am sure is one of the few people that would inherit billions of dollars from the father, not to talks of shares, investments, bonds and properties around the world as she is the closest child to baba, I doubt she would want to trade that for a few millions or position in government.

She has absolutely no reason for writing the letter, the letter did not even express how her father offended her. The lame excuse that the father abandoned her and her siblings is too common in black Africa and the black world in general to be news worthy. Men from the nigerdelta are notorious for abandoning their wife and children once they find a finer younger one, you don't see the children calling him stupid to his face.

This letter was probably written to distabilize baba psychologically
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

This is obvious, but I am beginning to suspect that people like him are paid to distort the truth.

Gull wants to achieve wants to achieve what he could not achieve on the battle field during the Civil War, by merely posting trash on the internet. Dede, don't mortgage the future of your grandchildren.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by BennoitKenny: 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Is there anything wrong if Iyabo Obasanjo can write to her father and tell him to respect his age for a nation that has a population of 200 million people not to get burnt?.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by ikechemez(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
I keep my fingers crosseddddddd
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Were you not the same fellow that stated as matter fact APC members can not support the authenticity of Iyobo's letter to OBJ? I recall you equally wrote in the subsequent post that you not even a card-carrying member of APC. It appears you were paid to distort the truth.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

James Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo is corrupt beyond explanation with words. If you were honestly worried about the effects of corruptible practices by Nigerian leaders, you should not look beyond Obasanjo who had 12 good years to perpetrate the heinous crime on Nigerians. Goodluck Jonathan was a student when Obasanjo killed many Nigerians with his wickedness and corruption.
I've not said Obasanjo is not corrupt. Should we because Obasanjo is corrupt say Jonathan shouldn't be asked to respond to the letter of Obasanjo? Is it not obvious that corruption is not the only thing Obasanjo mentioned. Al-Mustapha who was part of the killer squard of Abacha is currently out of the country yet nobody wants to know if he also the one training the killer squard of GEJ.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Gull wants to achieve wants to achieve what he could not achieve on the battle field during the Civil War, by merely posting trash on the internet. Dede, don't mortgage the future of your grandchildren.

I want the federal govt to seize Otta farm and everything registered under the name of OBJ including the proxies. OBJ converted the fund for Nigerian Project termed Operation Feed the Nation to personal property.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by chi3280(m): 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
abulbanaat: WAIT A MINUTE!

Can someone explain why the story is not on (or no more on) Vanguard homepage? www.vanguardngr.com
Its still on the homepage.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/category/national-news/page/2/
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
TechWalker007:

You see how slow and mischievous you are?
You don't believe a letter to Vanguard but believe a random call to Rainbow FM?
Dammmnn! These APC fellows are pathetic!
Be reasonable! If Iyabo Obasanjo woke this morning to learn of the letter, the quickest of reaction wouldn't have been writing her own letter, but denying ever writing on the radio, fb or twitter. Writing a letter will take sometimes no matter how fast she is.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I've not said Obasanjo is not corrupt. Should we because Obasanjo is corrupt say Jonathan shouldn't be asked to respond to the letter of Obasanjo? Is it not obvious that corruption is not the only thing Obasanjo mentioned. Al-Mustapha who was part of the killer squard of Abacha is currently out of the country yet nobody wants to know if he also the one training the killer squard of GEJ.

I want Goodluck Jonathan to respond to the OBJ's letter by arresting OBJ, Femi Fani-kayode, Mike Adenuga, Jimoh, Tinubu etc for corruptible offences. Al-Mustapha was wrongly accused by the Yoruba based newspapers and court had exonerated him and dismissed all charges.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by WilyWily8: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Demdem:
Real Toast Jonathan is in right now because the Vengeful OBJ i know will surely take his pound of flesh.
Killer Members in disarray.
Good news for demdem grin grin
Iyabo don finish her father,
OBJ destroyed his family, he is not happy that Jonathan have a happy family

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

I want the federal govt to seize Otta farm and everything registered in the name of OBJ including the proxies. OBJ converted the fund for Nigerian Project termed Operation Feed the Nation to personal property.
Dede, grow up. You are no longer a child. You are over 80. Don't talk the way your grandchild would and be regarded as being childish. If I may ask, on what reasonable ground would the Mandela of Otuoke seize Ota Farm?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by tpia5: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
yetunsbay: .

Efo o' nse t'atan.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by maestroferddi: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Let us give peace some chance. It is so unfortunate how this litany of letters are heating up the polity. Nigerians must go beyond ethnic and primordial sentiments and make a firm commitment to eschew tribalism and petty grandstanding. The foregoing cankerworms have a way of making us look like a nation of savages and half-wits. Meet a typical so-called Nigerian intellectual: he would be keen to dazzle you with his coterie of academic degrees from sundry Ivy league universities. But the instance it gets to analysing national issues, where all s/he requires is to apply common sense and objectivity in grasping topical matters: What do you get? Pettiness and parochial considerations! We should be ashamed of ourselves. Our compatriots outside the shores of this nation are decrying racism and xenophobic behaviours meted out to them by their host countries yet the level of intolerance, clannishness, ethnocentrism, avarice and similar vices in Africa and chiefly Nigeria would make a foreigner shudder. We acknowledge that we do not like one another but could we please display some level of rectitude respect for the man next door. Why must we destroy our cultural values and needlessly denigrate our institutions? Is it not callous to be fixated with only the now. The now-now syndrome that is bedevils this country makes something as simple as filing in a single line very tasking for Nigerians. Why is it that the various sections of the country are hell-bent on foisting their whims and caprices on the common? The consequences are here. We delight in sowing the wind but are ill-enamoured with the whirlwind of corruption that should result from our action.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

I want Goodluck Jonathan to respond to the OBJ's letter by arresting OBJ, Femi Fani-kayode, Mike Adenuga, Jimoh, Tinubu etc for corruptible offences. Al-Mustapha was wrongly accused by the Yoruba based newspapers and court had exonerated him and dismissed all charges.
Gull, if not for your age and the moderators I would have called you a big fool.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Ngokafor(f): 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
...Obasanjo house of commotion,what a dysfunctional family!
...btw it's funny the way APC supporters are desperating clutching at straws in order to refute the purpoted letter..interesting!..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi / Ambode Rescues Accident Victim In Lagos / Maikanti Baru Responds To Ibe Kachikwu's Corruption Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.