Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,009 members, 7,880,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:21 PM

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo (52039 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
SO FAR, I DO NOT SEE ANY REASON FOR IYABO TO DENY THE LETTER.
SHE ONLY NEED TO TELL THOSE USING HER NAME TO DESIST FROM IT.
THE LETTER I SAW ON VANGUARD AND SAHARA REPORTERS WEBSITE LEFT A VERY BIG SPACE FOR SIGNATURE/AUTHENTICATION.

REGRETTABLY, IT WASN'T.

THIS IS IMPERSONATION. HOPE THE ORIGINATOR WILL BE KNOWN AFTER VANGUARD IS WRECKED.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by publisher(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
I'm sorry o but are APC/Anti-GEJ peeps this dumb?

Iyabo Obasanjo called RAINBOW FM? As in,what level of spread and popularity does Rainbow fm command? She couldnt call,Nigeria info, Ray Power, (APC's) Radio continental or Star fm....haba!

Surprisingly,even Sahara reporters has gone a step further to confirm Iyabo Obasanjo's state of mind with Segun Osoba,who was also mentioned in her letter.

Has it not occured to peeps here that PDP still has moles in APC. Or that there are several APC members that are not happy with Tinubu's autocratic tendencies?

Iyabo Obasanjo WROTE that letter,but perhaps had not planned on releasing it just yet,that's why it wasnt signed. But someone close to her or her family did the releasing.

Fact is that IYABO OBASANJO WROTE THAT LETTER.

Datz all.

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by tpia5: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

There are professional liars on Nigerian social media.

Hello?

You just discovered this?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by yetunsbay(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
tpia@:

Efo o' nse t'atan.
in english pls.dis is public domain
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 6:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Dede, grow up. You are no longer a child. You are over 80. Don't talk the way your grandchild would and be regarded as being childish. If I may ask, on what reasonable ground would the Mandela of Otuoke seize Ota Farm?

jason123,

Please do not die as intellectually challenged midget. Now I know why historical facts look like film to you. Grow up to be counted, olodo.
As for reasonable ground for the seizure of Ota Farm, it is called embezzlement of government fund and also known as a form of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by InfoZone: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
i cant bliv my eyes with som rplies am sein here on nairaland..so most nairalander are fool to d xtent of blivin Iyabo actually wrote d letter in d first place... My vote 4 GEJ is 1 of d most regrettable actn taken in 2011, though, i was left wit no beta optn. bt shaa We need to tink outside d box dc days... D letter may be a cookd 1 frm APC sef, in oda 2 flavour d fyt btw GEJ n OBJ
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Gull, if not for your age and the moderators I would have called you a big fool.

Only a moronic fool thinks of calling his/her superiors printable names.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Polio: 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
Maybe Jonathan, the shoeless fisherman from Otueke wrote the letter. cheesy
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TempleChinedum(m): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
[b][/b]Let's not be decieved fellow country people, The Presidency can not stoop so low in writting such letter, GEJ isn't a kid not to know the implication of such thing!
Enough said!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by profvic3: 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
TechWalker007:

Do you believe she called Rainbow FM?
dat is not the point sir!

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Gbaskybabe(f): 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Nigeria i hail thee!!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dear All, only fools will believe such letter emanates from Iyabo. The only thing I noticed from Iyabo reaction to the letter is the mentioning of the Ijaw Woman's character. With the little career I have in the non civilian life and my present civilian life and my interactions with various tribal groups in Nigeria and beyond, an average Ijaw woman has a good strength of character and that reflects in their children (male & female). Yorubas also have a very good strength of character.

I have sympathy for Jonathan. IBB, Abdulsalami, Buhari, Gowon and other past leaders, radicals and statesmen are watching events. Those (group or tribe) whom Jonathan considers as the strength or pillar of his government are very weak and they may not know the strength of what they are doing or they have soon forgotten history. Abati and Doyin Okupe have a duty to resign from this government for this kind of fake letter designed to destroy the reputation built over the years even at the point of death. Fortunately, Dr. Okupe and I are from the same Ijebu Remo division of Ogun State. The late Chief Okupe, the founder of the first private bank in Nigeria, as I was told by my grand father was a man of principle and character. I have come to develop interest in Abati during his days in Patito's gang - a TV program founded by an intellectual - Dr. Pat Utomi. Both Abati and Okupe should know from Yoruba tradition that a daughter cannot write such letter to her father particularly a loving daughter and the closest child to her father. Even as student, Iyabo has represented her father on many occasions. She has good education both locally and abroad, she was made a commissioner in my state (Ogun) on the influence of her father, later, she was given a senatorial seat in the same state out of the influence of her daddy. Ogun State, an elite state of men of no easy means both financially and educationally, getting an appointment at a young age must have been under the influence and support of men that have paid their dues.

A daughter that has benefited from his father and also suffered for his father cannot write such letter. It is not in our character. Remember how she was humiliated because of =N=10M assistance her committee received as the chairman, senate committee of health. House of Rep and Senate returned the Money, the minister of health, Prof. Adenike Grange (Yoruba) was humiliated out of office despite her long contribution to the development of health sector in Nigeria. Obasanjo Relieved Mrs. Bolaji Osomo of her Ministerial job as the Minister of Housing without any querry for non transparent sales of government houses in Lagos to some Top PDP members. She wept, Prof Grange also wept. I remember, how Bola Onagoruwa was sacked from BPE for committing no offence. No DG of BPE can approve or recommend the sale of any government share in any corporation in Nigeria, except if I don't understand the politics again from Military to the present civilian regime. House recommendation on SEC remains because she was not from South West.

The bullet proof cars and deals of oil theft are there for people to see. Nobody can do anything. It is their turn to loot the wealth of the Nation. I wish them well.

To those feeble minded Nigerians on Nairaland commenting on political matters they know nothing or very little about, I wish them well. They are not Ijaws. They are from a particular section of the country.

The fabricated open letter from Iyabo, can never be the work of Abati or Okupe, rather from propaganda experts. They work very well during Abacha regime. They are experts 419 and drug barons. The author of the letter should be investigated.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Ikb90: 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
My sister, God bless u, i almost put capital AMEN to any curse yr dad would hv released ooh. But on send tot, i saw it was hand od Esau voice of Jacob. Sychophants are really doing GEJ great harm.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
babaolofin: Dear All, only fools will believe such letter emanates from Iyabo. The only thing I noticed from Iyabo reaction to the letter is the mentioning of the Ijaw Woman's character. With the little career I have in the non civilian life and my present civilian life and my interactions with various tribal groups in Nigeria and beyond, an average Ijaw woman has a good strength of character and that reflects in their children (male & female). Yorubas also have a very good strength of character.

I have sympathy for Jonathan. IBB, Abdulsalami, Buhari, Gowon and other past leaders, radicals and statesmen are watching events. Those (group or tribe) whom Jonathan considers as the strength or pillar of his government are very weak and they may not know the strength of what they are doing or they have soon forgotten history. Abati and Doyin Okupe have a duty to resign from this government for this kind of fake letter designed to destroy the reputation built over the years even at the point of death. Fortunately, Dr. Okupe and I are from the same Ijebu Remo division of Ogun State. The late Chief Okupe, the founder of the first private bank in Nigeria, as I was told by my grand father was a man of principle and character. I have come to develop interest in Abati during his days in Patito's gang - a TV program founded by an intellectual - Dr. Pat Utomi. Both Abati and Okupe should know from Yoruba tradition that a daughter cannot write such letter to her father particularly a loving daughter and the closest child to her father. Even as student, Iyabo has represented her father on many occasions. She has good education both locally and abroad, she was made a commissioner in my state (Ogun) on the influence of her father, later, she was given a senatorial seat in the same state out of the influence of her daddy. Ogun State, an elite state of men of no easy means both financially and educationally, getting an appointment at a young age must have been under the influence and support of men that have paid their dues.

A daughter that has benefited from his father and also suffered for his father cannot write such letter. It is not in our character. Remember how she was humiliated because of =N=10M assistance her committee received as the chairman, senate committee of health. House of Rep and Senate returned the Money, the minister of health, Prof. Adenike Grange (Yoruba) was humiliated out of office despite her long contribution to the development of health sector in Nigeria. Obasanjo Relieved Mrs. Bolaji Osomo of her Ministerial job as the Minister of Housing without any querry for non transparent sales of government houses in Lagos to some Top PDP members. She wept, Prof Grange also wept. I remember, how Bola Onagoruwa was sacked from BPE for committing no offence. No DG of BPE can approve or recommend the sale of any government share in any corporation in Nigeria, except if I don't understand the politics again from Military to the present civilian regime. House recommendation on SEC remains because she was not from South West.

The bullet proof cars and deals of oil theft are there for people to see. Nobody can do anything. It is their turn to loot the wealth of the Nation. I wish them well.

To those feeble minded Nigerians on Nairaland commenting on political matters they know nothing or very little about, I wish them well. They are not Ijaws. They are from a particular section of the country.

The fabricated open letter from Iyabo, can never be the work of Abati or Okupe, rather from propaganda experts. They work very well during Abacha regime. They are experts 419 and drug barons. The author of the letter should be investigated.

There is no doubt you are the only fool in the ongoing discourse. The alleged letter by Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello pales in comparison with public allegation Obasnajo’s son leveled against his father for sleeping with OBJ’s daughter in-law.

Only an irredeemable fool will term the purchase of two armored BMW cars by NCAA for ministry of aviation as form of corruption. Throughout the discussion of the purchase of the two armored cars, no iota of corruptible practices was established.

The bulled-proof cars can not be compared to the conversion of government fund earmarked for Operation Feed the Nation into private farm such as Ota Farm.

The only thing I can agree with the load of rubbish you posted above is that the government of GEJ is pathetically weak. If not weak why should characters such as OBJ, IBB, Danjuma, Abdulsalami, Tinubu etc be allowed to walk freely in our society?

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Ekaka1(m): 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
I was sure Iyabo. did not write that long sickening trash and I am almost certain this response is not from her too.
Looks like a new dimension in the political mud slinging war in nigeria.......after all anything on social media has the capacity to do some immediate damage weather true, false or distorted before you find time to react to it
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by funnyx(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
This type of issue demand that one thread with caution but if by tomorrow Iyabo should fail to come out and deny that she wrote the letter then it will become undeniable. Having said that, this letter is just a distraction to divert people's mind away from the main issues raised in OBJ'S letter to GEJ whoever wrote it notwithstanding.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Jarus(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
My own reading of the situation is this: Iyabo shared his dissatisfaction with his father with someone (maybe a confidante) and that one went ahead, obviously not at the behest of Iyabo, to write the letter to stir controversy or sold the information to anti-Obj elements. 2 things informed this my line of thought: 1, The facts revealed in the letter are too detailed to be guess work; 2, Osoba's confirmation.

6 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DAY12(m): 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Why does our politicians always treat us like little kindergarten? Trying to divert our attention again as usual.

I don't think Nigerians are all fools.

#Almighty is watching you. angry
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 7:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Be reasonable! If Iyabo Obasanjo woke this morning to learn of the letter, the quickest of reaction wouldn't have been writing her own letter, but denying ever writing on the radio, fb or twitter. Writing a letter will take sometimes no matter how fast she is.

Did a mature person really write this.

Deny over radio? A former senator?

Can you confirm she's the one through radio?
Stop this shii, abeg. angry
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
profvic3: dat is not the point sir!

Do you believe IYABO called Rainbow FM?
Don't tell me the point, I would appreciate straight YES or NO.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred: SO FAR, I DO NOT SEE ANY REASON FOR IYABO TO DENY THE LETTER.
SHE ONLY NEED TO TELL THOSE USING HER NAME TO DESIST FROM IT.
THE LETTER I SAW ON VANGUARD AND SAHARA REPORTERS WEBSITE LEFT A VERY BIG SPACE FOR SIGNATURE/AUTHENTICATION.

REGRETTABLY, IT WASN'T.

THIS IS IMPERSONATION. HOPE THE ORIGINATOR WILL BE KNOWN AFTER VANGUARD IS WRECKED.

You are sounding very shocked. Stop being naive.
And by the way, you are an APC supporter and "all PDP members are corrupt", remember?
Why defend a corrupt bunch here?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jarus: My own reading of the situation is this: Iyabo shared his dissatisfaction with his father with someone (maybe a confidante) and that one went ahead, obviously not at the behest of Iyabo, to write the letter to stir controversy or sold the information to anti-Obj elements. 2 things informed this my line of thought: 1, The facts revealed in the letter are too detailed to be guess work; 2, Osoba's confirmation.

Jarus, how do you reconcile your reading of the situation with the information provided below?
Though not impossible, wouldn't it imply the Vanguard has got the wrong 'Iyabo Obasanjo'?

“We have contrary information. We have spoken with her several times today and she’s standing by her letter. We have her on record, so it’s not a problem,” Vanguard Editor Mideno Bayagbon said when News Express called minutes ago to get his reaction to the news making the rounds that Iyabo has disowned the letter.

Asked what he made of the radio programme in which Iyabo reportedly denied writing the letter, the Vanguard Editor said: “I did not watch or listen to it, so I do not know who appeared on the programme.”

Bayagbon disclosed that that Vanguard has more on the issue, saying: “We are doing an update tomorrow.”

I have copied the full article to https://www.nairaland.com/1560354/purported-iyabo-obasanjo-letter-forgery
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by tpia5: 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ekaka1: I was sure Iyabo. did not write that long sickening trash and I am almost certain this response is not from her too.
Looks like a new dimension in the political mud slinging war in nigeria.......after all anything on social media has the capacity to do some immediate damage weather true, false or distorted before you find time to react to it

True.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by tpia5: 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
DAY11.:
Why does our politicians always treat us like little kindergarten? Trying to divert our attention again as usual.

I don't think Nigerians are all fools.

Its because of the large number of half bakeds.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
TechWalker007:

You are sounding very shocked. Stop being naive.
And by the way, you are an APC supporter and "all PDP members are corrupt", remember?
Why defend a corrupt bunch here?

I am a Nigerian.
No defence of APC or PDP.
But disprove my observation that that letter was not signed by whoever wrote it.
An open letter is a formal letter. Check it up in Wikipedia.
Lack of signature on that document render it untenable.
Disprove this and leave the issue of me being an engineer or a lawyer.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OsunOriginal: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
The Igbos are behind the letter... If not, which other group is this pathetic?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Philistine(m): 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

Only a moronic fool thinks of calling his/her superiors printable names.
deridegull or whatever u call urself, stop making a fool of yourself in this forum. U talk without reasoning,with d way u talk, i sincerely believe that u are u-18, and if not u better visit TB Joshua for deliverance. Nuisance.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by agbameta: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

There is no doubt you are the only fool in the ongoing discourse. The alleged letter by Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello pales in comparison with public allegation Obasnajo’s son leveled against his father for sleeping with OBJ’s daughter in-law.

Only an irredeemable fool will term the purchase of two armored BMW cars by NCAA for ministry of aviation as form of corruption. Throughout the discussion of the purchase of the two armored cars, no iota of corruptible practices was established.

The bulled-proof cars can not be compared to the conversion of government fund earmarked for Operation Feed the Nation into private farm such as Ota Farm.

The only thing I can agree with the load of rubbish you posted above is that the government of GEJ is pathetically weak. If not weak why should characters such as OBJ, IBB, Danjuma, Abdulsalami, Tinubu etc be allowed to walk freely in our society?

1. Oduah's staffs signed the delivery documents for cars that was never delivered. Fraud and corruption

2. The VIN numbers in the documentation she presented to NASS was different from the ones allegedly delivered. Fraud and corruption

3. The cars were fraudulently overpriced to rip off the Nigerian taxpayers... Still, no explanation for the insane cost Fraud and corruption

4. Her and her staffs lied to the Nigerian people in front of NASS members with their conflicting stories regarding the reason for the purchase and for what purpose. Fraud and corruption

5. She lied that import waiver was obtained for the cars. Fraud and corruption

Do we really after to go through all this? The people of Nigerian via the Nigerian legislature rendered their judgement already and they recommended 3 years jail term for that crooked and corrupt government official who the dullard that hired her should have fired a long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Akainzo(m): 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
true2god: That is the irony, the e-APCs asked us not to attack obasanjo but that GEJ should answer the 'query' obasanjo gave him. And now they are asking us to ignore iyabo's letter.

So funny.

What has OBJ's family issues got to do with governance of Nigeria as of this time in 2013?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Olaolufred:

I am a Nigerian.
No defence of APC or PDP.
But disprove my observation that that letter was not signed by whoever wrote it.
An open letter is a formal letter. Check it up in Wikipedia.
Lack of signature on that document render it untenable.
Disprove this and leave the issue of me being an engineer or a lawyer.

What part of the Vanguard's news do you not understand when they said they spoke with her several times?
You think they don't have lawyers?

Anyway, you have the right to not believe it until she openly stands by it (which may never happen).
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by agbameta: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Bottom line, the deplorable letter is nothing but oponuchukwu related trash, but we'll deal with him later. For now, I'm 100% Iyabo Obasanjo is preparing a detailed response to the garbage
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by talktimi(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
OsunOriginal: The Igbos are behind the letter... If not, which other group is this pathetic?
I have a feeling you have a VERY VERY UGLY flat head... Deny it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

10 Former Governors Who May Suffer Orji Uzor Kalu’s Fate / Man Trekking To Otuoke For GEJ Gets Female Partner [photo] / Okorocha Considers Backing Ohakim After Dumping His Son-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.