Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,763 members, 7,927,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn (39577 Views)

Nigeria’s GDP To Hit $2trn By 2030, If… —lai Mohammed. / Nigeria's Economy is Among The Largest in the World, says Jonathan / Igbo Tribe Is The Largest In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
gboss4sure:

How much is the 1 dollar that Nigerians are living under?. Too much of watching cnn and western medias is not Good for you. Not even the poorest Nigerian family lives under $1 per day, 1 dollar is not even up to N160 shey na transportation cost or wot be de money
Don't mind the gullible love-vendor. The West are ironing out propagandas to ridicule Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by c0llynz02: 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
PetroDolla2: [s][/s] am I supposed to respond to this useless, clueless, nonsensical crap? well, we all know the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry in nigeria is dominated by foreign oil companies,huh? and that is the only reason why your dustbin country is still pumping oil,huh? if it had been left for nigerian companies, you won't be producing a single barrel of oil by now. Look at the mess your refineries are. that is how things managed by MUMUs end up like.

shell alone account for more than halffs of your oil /gas production. by the time you add chevron, total, eni etc etc , how many barrels are prodsuced by nigerian companies? very very very small and irrelevant, goat

See your useless and dirty spellings, I thought you said Nigerians were lazy?
Is it Gaynaians that make up Shell staff in Nigeria? Do you know that Shell hands out the most difficult part which happens to be the exploration to Nigerian companies like IDSL?
What about the cement and other products you fools import from Nigeria, do they fall from the sky?
Illiterate cocoa farmer.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by PetroDolla2: 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
c0llynz02: Another cocoa farmer.
LMAO!
It is funny how that useless Petrodullard goes around boasting about harvesting cocoa.
ma guy, we are proudss to be cocoa producers. nothing to be ashameds about. it is better to be known as a nation that prodsuces cocoa than a nation that produces armeds robbers, pr0stitutes, yahoo yahoo, ritualists, terrorists, exam cheats, bunkerers.

you probably don't know after oil and and gas, cocoa is nigeria's second biggest export commodity,huh? go find out. what an ignorant ape grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by c0llynz02: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
PetroDolla2: ma guy, we are proudss to be cocoa producers. nothing to be ashameds about. it is better to be known as a nation that prodsuces cocoa than a nation that produces armeds robbers, pr0stitutes, yahoo yahoo, ritualists, terrorists, exam cheats, bunkerers.

you probably don't know after oil and and gas, cocoa is nigeria's second biggest export commodity,huh? go find out. what an ignorant ape grin

Alright so you even knew that cocoa is our second biggest export, so why all the hullabaloo about harvesting cocoa?
Nestle, a company that buys most of your cocoa is 10 times richer than Gayna as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by GHKWAME1: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
c0llynz02: Another cocoa farmer.
LMAO!
It is funny how that useless Petrodullard goes around boasting about harvesting cocoa.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
PetroDolla2: ma guy, we are proudss to be cocoa producers. nothing to be ashameds about. it is better to be known as a nation that prodsuces cocoa than a nation that produces armeds robbers, pr0stitutes, yahoo yahoo, ritualists, terrorists, exam cheats, bunkerers.

Iweak for you o.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by solomon111(m): 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
Smh.
The Naija-ghana war is a wonder.
It seems you guys don't realize that the continual well-being of Nigeria would automatically transfer to the overall devt of ECOWAS nations and ghana especially.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by PetroDolla2: 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
[s]
c0llynz02: See your useless and dirty spellings, I thought you said Nigerians were lazy?
Is it Gaynaians that make up Shell staff in Nigeria? Do you know that Shell hands out the most difficult part which happens to be the exploration to Nigerian companies like IDSL?
What about the cement and other products you fools import from Nigeria, do they fall from the sky?
Illiterate cocoa farmer.
[/s] JESUS CHRIST. Again, am I supposed to reply this foooolish comments from a deluded monkey? you talked about cement. what is the price of a bag of cement in nigeria? again you may not know, but the price of cement in Ghana is much lower than that of nigeria. you can find out for yourself.

so how come nigeria exports cement to Ghana, yet the cost of cement i Ghana is lower than that of nigeria? you see what Dangote and co are doing to stvpid monkeys like you? I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance.

and can you tell me how much cement nigeria exports to Ghana? all na wash. go find out and free your generator-fumes compromised brain from crass ignorance and stvpidity,huh?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by c0llynz02: 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
PetroDolla2: [s][/s] JESUS CHRIST. Again, am I supposed to reply this foooolish comments from a deluded monkey? you talked about cement. what is the price of a bag of cement in nigeria? again you may not know, but the price of cement in Ghana is much lower than that of nigeria. you can find out for yourself.

so how come nigeria exports cement to Ghana, yet the cost of cement i Ghana is lower than that of nigeria? you see what Dangote and co are doing to stvpids monkeys like you? I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance.

and can you tell me how much cement nigeria exports to Ghana? all na wash. go finds out and free your generator-fumes compromised brain from crass ignorance and stvpidity,huh?

The bottomline is that you import cement from us, you import gas, you import oil, you import plastic products and even footwears from us.
These things do not fall from the sky, they are produced by ''lazy'' Nigerians.
Apeish cocoa farmer! Even ordinary cocoa bags you use in packaging your useless cocoa are imported.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2013

All this things you mentioned are much in gayna, despite the very tiny population
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
c0llynz02: The bottomline is that you import cement from us, you import gas, you import oil, you import plastic products and even footwears from us.
These things do not fall from the sky, they are produced by ''lazy'' Nigerians.
Apeish cocoa farmer! Even ordinary cocoa bags you use in packaging your useless cocoa are imported.
cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by c0llynz02: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ghanaians are lazy - Dr. Kwabena Adjei
Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC),
Dr. Kwabena Adjei says Ghanaians are lazy because they always sit on radio criticizing government without doing any work to support the country’s economy.
He says Ghanaians spend six days in the week on radio for commentary and then rest on the seventh day, which is unacceptable.
http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/wap/article.php?ID=295387
Petrodullard and Obrafour/Gh Kwame are definitely among the lazy idîots. The man should add trolling Nigerian sites to the list.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
dangote,glo, zenith bank, uba bank,ecobank and others that are giving your youth employement and developing your economy are from lazy Nigerians? Please is there any gayna imported company in Nigeria? YES! Burger, puff puff.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by iconize(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Cubeet: dangote,glo, zenith bank, uba bank,ecobank and others that are giving your youth employement and developing your economy are from lazy Nigerians? Please is there any gayna imported company in Nigeria? YES! Burger, puff puff.
Coscharis also.
I even heard Igbos are employing them as store keepers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by manny4life(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
BluIvy:

I thought you are older than 18yrs, so please do argur like a toddler. You want to tell me all 80million people who are said to be living in poverty are hawkers?

And why are you people so jealous? Whether SAn get free money is not an issue here. You behave as if, if Nigeria could decide to give grants you would say no to the money? And that would be a lie you will couse a stampede to get to the money. ANd carying government does that. Your not getting grants might the problem of your government stealing. Why becouse it leaves a lot of money to be stolen when if it was tied up to grants if the grants are not paid people would act quicker than if road is not fixed.

Why mentioned this is not how and what people do to get this money but to show a healthy GDP with direct benefits to the population, Nigeria's GDP may increase in number but has no direct benefits to its criticize but indirect.

Your thought on the subject matter is absurd, to even think that you had the capacity to understand what I wrote was a serious daunting task for you. I stepped down to your knowledge to explain to you, and used easier terms and real life applicable examples, unfortunately, you just couldn't grasp it. The whole idea of what I explained to you was that using the income approach, income is UNDERREPRESENTED and as such, a lot of informal economic activity exist, meaning that there isn't abject poverty like WBG likes to claim. smh.

Where you pull out your numbers from is amazing, even if I were to indulge your numbers and go with it, let's do a simple logic check here.

1. Unemployment in Nigeria is around 22-25% right, leaving 75% as the working population,

2. According to that same reports, Nigeria's middle class income rose by more than 26%, meaning that our MCI is about 2/3rd of the working population. Wouldn't it be safe to safe, with a 2/3rd position, balancing at 100% even with the unemployed, your 80% is nothing but a MYTH?

I sincerely doubt you know what you're talking about, for you to allude that even if the number increases it has no direct impact on the citizen, like are you serious? While you are busy collecting grants which has no sustainability, an economy thrives on small and medium enterprises, these are the economic drivers, so the GDP increasing is not because blue chip companies are coming in, it's because the Nigerian populace are feeling the effect and in turn being more productive. The Nigerian economy though still struggling is gradually improving at a slower pace, every economy has its ills including Nigeria, but Nigeria is't giving free grants, YOU EARN THE INCOME by adding some value to whatever goods you produce or service delivered.

For instance, Agriculture drastically increased by two % points over the past three years for a reason, seeing that this sector represents a large population, when the govt rehabilitated the old roads and improved the road networks across the nation, improved the train system which everyone criticized, building newer road networks, embarked on the fertilizer initiative, adopted policies that supported the sector, would you see all these and say it had no effect on the people?

Today, Agriculture went from about 32% in 2009/10 to a whopping 38%-42%, now tell me what else would drive productivity if the people does not feel it. If the income motivating factor isn't there, will the people be productive?

If the Agricultural GDP wasn't felt, rice imports won't have drastically REDUCED, two out of five Nigerians consume local rice, chicken, fish and what not. The direct importance of this initiative is simple: it has added more income to farmers who are being more productive.Do you still agree that "Nigeria's GDP may increase in number but has no direct benefits to its citize but indirect"?

For instance, the new highway that was built from Enugu I believe into Cross River into Cameroon which was a WBG, FG and Cameroonian Govt initiative. Watch the video, that 200+mile road has created a bigger return and affect the Agriculture export because Cameroonian buyers come easily into Nigeria, purchase their goods and move it out the same day. This increases more income for Nigerian farmers. .Do you still agree that Nigeria's GDP may increase in number but has no direct benefits to its citize but indirect?

I leave you with a final note, 170 Nigerians WILL NOT feel the effect depending on where you are, but like someone asked, do you see complains about federal roads? NO... This means that there's likely increased productivity due to better road networks. Does this have to affect 170million Nigerians? NOPE, it doesn't. It affects only those transacting business (whether a company into logistic, manufacturing, or whatever) because there's a faster turnaround time yielding to more revenues. Some are feeling the effects of better road network, while some are feeling the effect of the rehabilitated trains (farms being the bigger recipients), while some are feeling it through improved energy, while some are feeling it through govt adopted policy, while some are feeling it different forms or another...Nigeria will NEVER support grants because it doesn't grow the economy, it impends it, therefore we say NO...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by slimthugchimee(m): 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hmmm let me see we produce mmmmmm
1:cars the only w.a or african countries that produce it
2: cement
3: oil
4: ecowas capital is in abuja
5: economic capital of w.a
6: military capital of w.a
7: ist ever w.a african country to launch satalite into space even though it got lost but we tried
8: the only w.a country that is building a light rail
9; the country that helped save 3 w.a countries from insurgents
10: the 1st w.a country to build a drone even though its not a good one like the americans own
please my hand is paining me u guys put more

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by c0llynz02: 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
iconize:
They were even begging innoson vehicle manufacturing company, anambra Nigeria to set up a company in their hell of akara(accra)
Don't mind the fools.
Even when Otudeko was announcing his decision to open a new factory in Abia state, he even stated that Gaynaians were seriously begging him to establish one in their filthy country.
http://m.nigeriana.org/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnigeriana.org%2Fblog%2F46013.html&dm_redirected=true#2769
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by LordNicvuitton(m): 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
@petrodullard, you're a sick psycho, an As.s wipe, a fuc.king pauper, a bastard, an unknown gaynaian chimp, f.uck ghana, f.uck cedi, Bleep accra abi na akara and Bleep everything about ghana.. the next "ghana must go" will be more brutal than the 1st.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Arosa(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
It's Nigeria that makes Ghana relevant. I will love to see more pics of Accra and kumasi. No need for any e-war, Nigeria is too big for Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
but stil the inflation has not done any progress R1 = 18 naira
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Youpele52: 12:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Most Nigerians on "Nairaland" are somewhat happy with the news "Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn" though some still about to swallow the ecstasy from this.

What I don't get is Ghanaians beefing Nigerians on Nigeria's own website, & news pertaining to Nigeria's growth. This is not cedi-land, for y'all to chew Nigeria or Nigerians. If it's Zuckerberg that runs Nairaland I bet most Ghanaians running their mouth would have had their accounts suspended already.

Anyway this good news for Nigeria at the tail end of 2013 is gladdening, considering what the country has been through this year especially politically & boko haram-ly.

Ghanaians, South Africans & the rest of Africa shouldn't be hating on Nigeria's economic growth. Learn a thing or two. And be friendlier cause I bet any expansion of Nigeria's economy will see more Nigerians further investing in Ghana, South Africa & other African countries. If you hate on Nigeria's success wonder what you stand to benefit.

One Love
Africa Unite.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Jiggaman101: 12:45am On Dec 22, 2013
iconize:
They were even begging innoson vehicle manufacturing company, anambra Nigeria to set up a company in their hell of akara(accra)

Why are people so ungrateful, y'all talk shit about Ghana but the same Ghana houses over three million Nigerians legal and illegal.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 22, 2013
That Petrodullar will die of cardiac arrest if you guys continue to list the products produce in Nigeria. Silly Ghanaian!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Why are people so ungrateful, y'all talk shit about Ghana but the same Ghana houses over three million Nigerians legal and illegal.
That is utter rubbish! What's the population of Ghana in the first place? I don't see how it can take care of 3 million foreigners with small economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Jiggaman101: 1:46am On Dec 22, 2013
all4naija: That is utter rubbish! What's the population of Ghana in the first place? I don't see how it can take care for 3 million foreigners with small economy.

At one point 25% of Ghana's pop were immigrants so what is so hard to believe about that.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

At one point 25% of Ghana's pop were immigrants so what is so hard to believe about that.
Were they immigrants in a small country or different countries? Make good use of your brain,dude!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Jiggaman101: 2:22am On Dec 22, 2013
all4naija: Were they immigrants in a small country or different countries? Make good use of your brain,dude!

Thank you.

What Dude u not making sense. I said at one time immigrants made 25% of the pop. Whether it was a small country or not is inconsequential.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

What Dude u not making sense. I said at one time immigrants made 25% of the pop. Whether it was a small country or not is inconsequential.
Oh,I am sorry for my mistake though. Where is your source?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Jiggaman101: 2:47am On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by Cubeet: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Three million my yansh. If you think Nigerians are running to gayna for greener pasture, then you are so dumb. Tell me any country in africa where you wont find a Nigerian. Even niger republic. If you dont know, gayna economy is the same as lagos alone.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn by c0llynz02: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2013
all4naija: I mean the source for the 25% immigrant population assertion!
The fool can not answer that question, they just throw figures around.
Even the UK has only about 13% of its population as immigrants, the US has a similar percentage, then Gayna, I mean Gayna of all countries has 25% of its population as immigrants?
The same Gayna where citizens are committing suicide on a daily basis because of unending hardship? These idîots over-estimate themselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal / ''Arewa Youths Go To Hell'': Nnamdi Kanu Storms Anambra (Photos, Video) / PDP Reacts To Abduction Of Usman Okai, Atiku's Campaign Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.