Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,624 members, 7,914,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:09 AM

The 50-50 Odds? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 50-50 Odds? (5691 Views)

Dear Guys, Relationships Should Be 50/50. Else Run!!! / 50-50, What's Your View? / "girl Or Guy", In A Relationship Who Should Love Who D Most Or Is It 50/50: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
What is your source to the statement in bold?

do you need a source to believe that women mature mentally before men? You wonder why men marry women so many years younger than them?

The mental capability of a 40 yr old man is equivalent of an 18 year old girl. Do the maths?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by onyinye2(f): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Some take your views into consideration but their ego will not let them. Because of that ego factor, they'll keep landing the family into serious financial mess. Won't you stand up and take the mantle off him leaving him with about 20? This mostly happens between couples that are not equally yoked.
All im saying is that yal know i have alot of pride. Im saying if im willing to let some of that go then he should be able to let some of that useless ego go too. Cause if my husband wouldn't heed my advice, then what kind of relationship is that.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2008

Why should we be the ones making sacrifices?
Didn't you hear of the case of the two wives and the dead baby??

Why should we be the ones that keeps making the sacrifices even when the odds are against us?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
All im saying is that yal know i have alot of pride. I'm saying if im willing to let some of that go then he should be able to let some of that useless ego go too. Cause if my husband wouldn't heed my advice, then what kind of relationship is that.

From your experience here, does Hannibal and Eldee sound like men that will heed your advise? talk true?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Pataki: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

do you need a source to believe that women mature mentally before men? You wonder why men marry women so many years younger than them?

The mental capability of a 40 yr old man is equivalent of an 18 year old girl. Do the maths?
So it would be logical to state that a 25 yr old woman will most definitely look for a 50 yr old man to marry right? Or better still, an 18 yr old girl will probably be looking for a 40 yr old man to marry.

Now I know where you are heading.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by onyinye2(f): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

From your experience here, does Hannibal and Eldee sound like men that will heed your advise? talk true?
Ha ha ha, not in this lifetime. But i just think it is so ridiculous when the family has to suffer because the man wouldn't let go of that petty ego and listen.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by syren: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Some take your views into consideration but their ego will not let them. Because of that ego factor, they'll keep landing the family into serious financial mess. Won't you stand up and take the mantle off him leaving him with about 20? This mostly happens between couples that are not equally yoked.

If need be,  undecided yes i will step in but then i'd also have to question his role as a husband if he can't make sensible decisions.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by sistawoman: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
I am wondering if we are talking about marriage or just two people living together.

I say that because if after marriage you are worried about his decison making skills, his ablity to run the house, his money management skills, etc then that is the wrong time to be thinking about that.

You should be thinking about and access these skill long before u were even engaged to this man.  If you did not lay the proper foundation before you got married what makes you think it is going to work or get better after you say I DO.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
So it would be logical to state that a 25 yr old woman will most definitely look for a 50 yr old man to marry right? Or better still, an 18 yr old girl will probably looking for a 40 yr old man to marry.

Now I know where you are heading.

I'm not heading anywhere, I just stated the true facts. I'm not against couples that have strong proximity in their ages but the man should be better prepared to deal with a more mature mental state. Humble and intelligent men acknowledge that and let their wives assimilate their ideas before getting a nod.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
I am wondering if we are talking about marriage or just two people living together.

I say that because if after marriage you are worried about his decison making skills, his ablity to run the house, his money management skills, etc then that is the wrong time to be thinking about that.

You should be thinking about and access these skill long before u were even engaged to this man. If you did not lay the proper foundation before you got married what makes you think it is going to work or get better after you say I DO.

Some people don't know themselves like that before getting married. It happens a lot among Nigerians.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by onyinye2(f): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
sistawoman:

You should be thinking about and access these skill long before u were even engaged to this man.  If you did not lay the proper foundation before you got married what makes you think it is going to work or get better after you say I DO.

Doesn't the saying go "You know a person's true colors after marriage" undecided
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by HCH3COO: 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
Have you ever thought that maybe the domineering bone is there for a reason?   Don't belittle the work of God.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ha ha ha, not in this lifetime. But i just think it is so ridiculous when the family has to suffer because the man wouldn't let go of that petty ego and listen.

You wonder why they refuse to answer my question which i'll reinstate now: guys, can't you do anything within your powers to protect your kids? can't you let the woman have the goddamn 70 especially when she's getting all worked up about it as if happiness and joy are dependent on it?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by syren: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
If my husband wants his 80% in running the home then he is also soley accountable when things go wrong. If he doesn't consult me and disregards my opinion I will be the first to say "I told you so"  tongue
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by sistawoman: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

Doesn't the saying go "You know a person's true colors after marriage" undecided

Not if you truly studied them before.  Not if you have watched and listened and paid attention to him before. Men tell us all we need to know about them and thier character if we just listen, watch and really hear them.

Stop and think about your past relationships.  Think of the warning signs, the road constructions signs that you passed and did not pay attention to.  If we stop doing that and trying to make it fit we would find the one person in this world that is ment compliment you.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2008
Have you ever thought that maybe the domineering bone is there for a reason? Don't belittle the work of God.

Did our loving God create men to[b] dominate[/b] women or love and care for them? Where in the bible or koran did you read that?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by Hannibal: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Why won't i heed advice??
A woman is not a dummy or a pet dog. . . .Of course, she has a say in the matters that spring up in marriage.
I am more than willing to listen to ma partner's needs.
However, she should be contented with 20.
Anything more than this. . . . . .She can go back to her Dad's house where she can have 110. tongue
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by HCH3COO: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
Lol did I say domineering?  grin  grin I meant ego. . . .
Before you rush to put words in my mouth, when I mentioned domineering it was meant to answer the question about the need for male ego.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
If my husband wants his 80% in running the home then he is also soley accountable when things go wrong. If he doesn't consult me and disregards my opinion I will be the first to say "I told you so"

That is if the thing that went wrong is not disastrous, like foreclosing your home and being in huge debt or losing a child to a minor ailment because hussy decided to take your child to a native doctor.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by doe82: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
hi syren!
How are u today?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2008
A woman is not a dummy or a pet dog. . . .Of course, she has a say in the matters that spring up in marriage.
Anything more than this. . . . . .She can go back to her Dad's house where she can have 110.

Roflmao, his ego is so much that he couldn't even hide his hypocrisy. Chics, marry this dominatrix at your own peril.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by onyinye2(f): 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hannibal:

Anything more than this. . . . . .She can go back to her Dad's house where she can have 110. tongue
If she is 20 then she is a pet dog
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by syren: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2008
doe82:

hi syren!
How are u today?

I'm good, how r u?   grin   grin
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2008
Lol did I say domineering? Grin Grin I meant ego. . . .
Before you rush to put words in my mouth, when I mentioned domineering it was meant to answer the question about the need for male ego.

I don't think the male ego thing is natural, it's cultural and that's why passive gay men tend to have smaller ego than ordinary straight men. Will you also claim that sleeping around is a natural phenomenon in men?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by HCH3COO: 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
Did our loving  God create men to dominate women or love and care for them?
Dear God created men and women for many reasons - love is one of them.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by HCH3COO: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ego is natural. Psychology agrees. Will you claim that women being the head of the household is a natural occurence? If you do you are no christian.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
Dear God created men and women for many reasons - love is one of them.
And dominate is not one of them. Adam never dominated Eve, rather, He gave Eve 70/100 and that's why he ate the apple.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ego is natural. Psychology agrees. Will you claim that women being the head of the household is a natural occurence? If you do you are no christian.

Are you saying that a widow or an unmarried woman should not head her household because she's a Christian?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by syren: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

That is if the thing that went wrong is not disastrous, like foreclosing your home and being in huge debt or losing a child to a minor ailment because hussy decided to take your child to a native doctor.

Yeh  grin those major decisions, we would both need to agree on,  if i'm against it, with good reason, then he can't go ahead with it just like that.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by HCH3COO: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

Are you saying that a widow or an unmarried woman should not head her household because she's a Christian?
No. But I am saying a married woman with a husband should vacate that position. Are you willing to do that?
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by DeepZone: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
No. But I am saying a married woman with a husband should vacate that position. Are you willing to do that?
If he's worth the mantle, then yes.
Re: The 50-50 Odds? by HCH3COO: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

If he's worth the mantle, then yes.
How do you determine if he is worth the mantle?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Like Babes With Big Nyash? / Best Way To Know A Nigeria Girl Real Name Photo / Am Hoter Than P,square, Flavour,iyanya,(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.