Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,596 members, 7,929,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:22 AM

Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! (21189 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by chucky234(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
agbameta:

See how we excuse away incompetence. We the people need her to attend to the people's business with sound mind and in good health so we the people showed compassion by asking her to excuse herself and answer the 50 questions in the comfort of her own home..no wahala. She is the minister in charge of her ministry and we don't have to relegate our answers and concerns to her subordinates.

Trying to have her way even after the chairman ruled on the matter and adjourned the meeting was rude, unprofessional and disrespectful to the house and the people of Nigeria. She doesn't call the shot or determine the people's proceedings, that's the job of the chairman.
She thought she can subdue the chairman with Harvard grammar but had to sit up on realising that the hon. Chairman is also a member of Harvard business school alumni.
Ngozi is egocentric and arrogant,always trying to impose her opinion on others.
lol she got a stiffer opposition yesterday, she prolly thought Tambuwal was going to chair the meeting but she got her calculations wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by chucky234(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
agbameta:

See how we excuse away incompetence. We the people need her to attend to the people's business with sound mind and in good health so we the people showed compassion by asking her to excuse herself and answer the 50 questions in the comfort of her own home..no wahala. She is the minister in charge of her ministry and we don't have to relegate our answers and concerns to her subordinates.

Trying to have her way even after the chairman ruled on the matter and adjourned the meeting was rude, unprofessional and disrespectful to the house and the people of Nigeria. She doesn't call the shot or determine the people's proceedings, that's the job of the chairman.
She thought she can subdue the chairman with Harvard grammar but had to sit up on realising that the hon. Chairman is also a member of Harvard business school alumni.
Ngozi is egocentric and arrogant,always trying to impose her opinion on others.
lol she got a stiffer opposition yesterday, she prolly thought Tambuwal was going to chair the meeting but she got her calculations wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
chucky234: What is Ngozi's work experience, stealing Nigeria's money and aiding IMF to plunge us deep into debt by borrowing excessively?
Going by his credentials the honourable chairman is as qualified as Ngozi, only a birdbrain like you will think otherwise.

Another one bites the dust. Sometimes I think Nigeria's future leaders would salvage the country but whenever I read comments like this, it makes me lose hope and prefer the status quo

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by ocelot2006(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
rexbuton: Who the fvck is okonjo iweala?

Nigeria's Finance Minister who is light years ahead of you in all spheres of life. Who the fvck are you?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by deletrue: 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
karl max: these are the kind of simpletons on nairaland that call GEJ and his ministers all sorts of name. Which weather are u talking about is it rain or sunshine oponu
Wonderful! This correction is the best since 2013. O man, you have deadened that inferior being completely. He will never contribute this nonsense next time. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
tokunboh:

Another one bites the dust. Sometimes I think Nigeria's future leaders would salvage the country but whenever I read comments like this, it makes me lose hope and prefer the status quo

This is deep. shocked cheesy
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by curtain: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
whats wrong with giving her audience and still asking her to also respond in writing? Lazy bench-warming criminals, tactically avoiding having their comments being recorded, Otedola really thought those criminals some lessons.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
agbameta:

Finally, they are doing their job. Let's wait and see if Oduah get's fired or not based on the people's recommendation..

We need to stop cuddling these over pampered and overfed incompetent public officials for real..

Oduah is going no where idiooot. The reps are toothless.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by ajaopopo: 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
I tink d hs of rep are d best we hv in nigeria politics today.okonjo is full of herself, until we rubbish her.she won't learn hw to respect honourable hs.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
unmask: The person that posted jibrin's cv didn't post it because he was trying to compare with NOI's....... He put it up because someone called the man uneducated and an illiterate...... He just wanted to show that the man was educated...... And not some comparison contest as some of you see it

How do you define education? It's not by getting degrees and attending short courses in Harvard.

How is Hon Jibrin different from an unruly Motor park tout? Tell me, tell me

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkpese1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
the owl is watching gej government.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Kassiemobi: 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
That Chairman should hide his face in shame for displaying such unruly behavior at the glare of the whole world. Can someone please remind him that he is no where near the Honourable Minister in all ramifications. This woman is old enough to be his mother and he thinks that he can talk to her any how just because he is the chairman house committee on finance. He has simply disgraced himself and should hide his face in shame.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
The calmness of Iweala even in the face of an aggressor was pure class. . . .

The Rep should be ashamed of his agberoism . . .

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by onimcee1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
koboko69: Honourable minister...learn to respect yourself 1st. You could have written a letter or communicated in some other way about ur health for the meeting to be rescheduled if u knew u were indisposed. Making such statements to the committee is totally uncalled for..cos you are indirectly telling that if not that they are Reps...they can GO AND DIE! Or do u have a choice not to respect members of the house? If you are sick go and treat your self 1st so tmr u wouldn't come and tell u were sick when u were giving figures or answering questions....if u can't do that well GO AND DIE!

Its more like your 'oga' asking you to appear before him...on getting there ur utterances are like. Oga, I'm not feeling too well...but cos I respect u that's why came. That is totally uncalled for. WTF is that? I'm 100% sure u will be walked out of that office.
it seems to be that your ideas are rotten and sticky. You make absolute no sense.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
ocelot2006:

Nigeria's Finance Minister who is light years ahead of you in all spheres of life. Who the fvck are you?

He is a fvcking nonentity . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Ten1: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
So she can not sleep, maybe she has murdered sleep. OBJ always knew this woman would rather destroy our economy with her 'Oversabi'.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by UnknownT: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
Obiagelli:
have you seen gruelling in the UK's house of common? This one is child's play.
gruelling based on the issue at hand. If he was sounding like that during d interactive session proper, it would have been different
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by onimcee1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
koboko69: Honourable minister...learn to respect yourself 1st. You could have written a letter or communicated in some other way about ur health for the meeting to be rescheduled if u knew u were indisposed. Making such statements to the committee is totally uncalled for..cos you are indirectly telling that if not that they are Reps...they can GO AND DIE! Or do u have a choice not to respect members of the house? If you are sick go and treat your self 1st so tmr u wouldn't come and tell u were sick when u were giving figures or answering questions....if u can't do that well GO AND DIE!

Its more like your 'oga' asking you to appear before him...on getting there ur utterances are like. Oga, I'm not feeling too well...but cos I respect u that's why came. That is totally uncalled for. WTF is that? I'm 100% sure u will be walked out of that office.
it seems to me that your ideas are rotten and sticky. You make absolute no sense. Now on the topic, i think the reps were acting on their earlier script to boo the president when ever he comes to present the budget. Since the president took advantage of the constitution that says he can send someone to represent himself, the rep members just wanted to give it to who ever is representing the president.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine:

Oduah is going no where idiooot. The reps are toothless.

The reps did their job, it's now up to the corrupt, corruption loving and enabling incompetent aso rock dullard to do his job which I'm sure he can not do because it's the opposite of what he is.

It's hard to be a corruption enabler and facilitator and still fight fight corruption at the same time so I really agree with you, she is going no where...

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
Even before the dullard's exit by 2015, the change we need is already transpiring, no more getting away with incompetence and false sense of privilege.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Sesan2: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
Maybe the committee members were concerned that any failure, on her part, to answer questions satisfactorily will later be blamed (by her) on ill-health. Although the man was talking about her possibly collapsing, they could have given her the benefits of the doubt and go on with the interview; since she said she was ready (and well enough) to answer the questions (especially if the session was being televised and the world would have seen and heard how she responded). If at any point during the session they felt she was not up to it (health-wise) they could advise her to go and take a rest and reply in writing to the rest of the questions or come back at a later date.

In any case, there was no need for the man to shout at her and treat her like a school girl, which I feel he did - he did not even allow her to speak. If the man felt he wanted to stick to his guns he could do it calmly and firmly. You can be courteous and firm at the same time.

I know many Nigerians can be passionate when they speak/argue about what they believe in (there is no crime in that) but you have to draw the line between being passionate and being rude.

That man was rude in this case. The woman deserves an apology.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Rad1cal: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
That aboki dey crazy walahi shocked
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by arewaqueen: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
oluxy: What u guys don't understand about d chairman is this; in Hausa man, women don't be in position to control rather to be slave and be instructed. Women don't talk when they talk.
But he thought is in his house that's why he insisted he has ruled and he has ruled.

It is uncivil if I may say. Whatever thing ruled can be unrule because it is democracy and we are human.

I totally disagree with you. Am a Hausa woman and what you said is false. It has nothing to do with tribe or religion but a rather a personal thing. Moreover most men are like that.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Rad1cal: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Sesan2: Maybe the committee members were concerned that any failure, on her part, to answer questions satisfactorily will later be blamed (by her) on ill-health. Although the man was talking about her possibly collapsing, they could have given her the benefits of the doubt and go on with the interview; since she said she was ready (and well enough) to answer the questions (especially if the session was being televised and the world would have seen and heard how she responded). If at any point during the session they felt she was not up to it (health-wise) they could advise her to go and take a rest and reply in writing to the rest of the questions or come back at a later date.

In any case, there was no need for the man to shout at her and treat her like a school girl, which I feel he did - he did not even allow her to speak. If the man felt he wanted to stick to his guns he could do it calmly and firmly. You can be courteous and firm at the same time.

I know many Nigerians can be passionate when they speak/argue about what they believe in but you have to draw the line between being passionate and being rude.

The man was rude in this case. The woman deserves an apology.

great post cool

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Klinee: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
deletrue: You are asking who is this woman? And describing these brainless reps. as honourables? Am convinced that you carrrying a feather brain. Is this woman not big compared to those thieves and highly indesciple and irresponsible beings? If you are related to any rep. member or if you a rep., then know that you are looked at and likened to the mud. An international personality respected all over the world. Silly you.
your are more silly, what has her international personality beneficial to us? Am not adoring the rep. members but they are in more authoritative position to question and order her. She has nothing than to obey. This your comment is the reason why our rep.member does nothing because you want them to respect her based on her international personality. Your a compelet slowpoke!.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by OmoTier1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
tokunboh:

How do you define education? It's not by getting degrees and attending short courses in Harvard.

How is Hon Jibrin different from an unruly Motor park tout? Tell me, tell me

Having read your post on this thread, I am amazed at your continual pontification and glorification of falsehood. Why is it acceptable to you that a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will lie in the first instance to the people? If she was sick and was unable to answer the questions to be put across to Her, why did She not take Her leave after the committee chairman gave His waiver?

Madam Minister must realize that she is too small to take the Nigeria institution for a ride and this is not the first time she would be doing this. She should be reminded that nobody is fazed by her touted degrees and world bank blah blah and Nigerians want to see the practical effects of Her so called knowledge.

She has mismanaged the economy, blatant misappropriation of funds without recourse to due approval authorities -e.g. SWVs to some MDAs and Special projects off which the laws had not expressly approve off such.

Let Her come and explain to the Nigerian nation why the so call GDP of 6% growth is not really reflecting in the pockets of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by fuke(m): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
sademola: The reps should learn to be civil!

They have been civil enough.

If she was well enough to answer their questions why was she talking of illness.

The fact that they did not insist she answered the questions
there and then was good enough respect and consideration.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Delafruita(m): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
Symphony007: The way that commitee chairman spoke to the minister was most disgracefull. I bet that he does'nt have half her qualification. Where would he have seen her to speak to her like that if she was still world bank MD? You give a man small power and her thinks the world is at his feet. These are the kind of commitee chairmen that ministers like denzani maduake and stella oduah should appear before. The clash of ego's would cause an earthquake.
this is nigeria and the reality is a world bank md holds absolutely no power in this country so I wonder what the story is about.the minister is an appointee of the president while the committee chairman isn't not just a honorouble member of our national assembly,he's a representative of a constituency which might run into hundreds of thousand people.when he speaks,the minister should listen.it all boils down to the notion that the executive is superior to the legislature which is both absurd and erroneous.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by OmoTier1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Sesan2: Maybe the committee members were concerned that any failure, on her part, to answer questions satisfactorily will later be blamed (by her) on ill-health. Although the man was talking about her possibly collapsing, they could have given her the benefits of the doubt and go on with the interview; since she said she was ready (and well enough) to answer the questions (especially if the session was being televised and the world would have seen and heard how she responded). If at any point during the session they felt she was not up to it (health-wise) they could advise her to go and take a rest and reply in writing to the rest of the questions or come back at a later date.

I know many Nigerians can be passionate when they speak/argue about what they believe in (there is no crime in that) but you have to draw the line between being passionate and being rude.

That man was rude in this case. The woman deserves an apology.
@bold, your feelings does not represent the truth. Secretary of States in the US and UK ministers are grilled in both Senate or House Reps and UK parliament respectively with angry tones, yet the Ministers still face the committees and do provide the nation an explanation for their actions.

Nngozi is an egocentric human being who has always treated the Nigeria legislators with disdain and this goes back to Her years as a Minister during Obasanjo's tenure.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by adconline(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
What was the purpose of inviting her if you had the questions typed out? Is there no communication channel between ministry of finance and the house to send "expo answers" Why did they ask NOI to go back and respond to the questions in writing and then be invited back to response?They have served her EXPO!This is pure political grandstanding! The essence of parliamentary inquiry/invitation is to get unscripted, unrehearsed and untested answers from their respondents and also to see how knowledgeable they are in their chosen fields. Pure nonsense from NASS. Common sense is the scarcest commodity in Naija.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
Sesan2: Maybe the committee members were concerned that any failure, on her part, to answer questions satisfactorily will later be blamed (by her) on ill-health. Although the man was talking about her possibly collapsing, they could have given her the benefits of the doubt and go on with the interview; since she said she was ready (and well enough) to answer the questions (especially if the session was being televised and the world would have seen and heard how she responded). If at any point during the session they felt she was not up to it (health-wise), they could advise her to go and take a rest and reply in writing to the rest of the questions or come back at a later date.

In any case, there was no need for the man to shout at her and treat her like a school girl, which I feel he did - he did not even allow her to speak. If the man felt he wanted to stick to his guns he could do it calmly and firmly. You can be courteous and firm at he same time.

I know many Nigerians can be passionate when they speak/argue about what they believe in but you have to draw the line between being passionate and being rude.

The man was rude in this case. The woman deserves an apology.

1. The reps were compassionate by considering her fake ill health

2. The reps did her a favor by asking her to take the questions home and return back in 2 weeks.

3. The reps controls the agenda and not the minister so she's in no position to tell them what to do or how to do their job

4. When the chairman ruled by adjourning the meeting, that was the end and she should have left, staying and rambling on and on was rude, disrespectful and unprofessional.

5. Adjourned means over and she can not tell us she doesn't know the meaning of over or adjourned. They made their decision and she should have respected that decision.

6. Bottom line, she tried to dictate the proceedings and do the chairman's job but the chairman didn't let her.

She runs her ministry and not the people's house. She should apologize to the reps for her rude and unprofessional behavior..

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Malawian(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^In all honesty, i don't think Deziani Allison-Madueke, Stella Oduah or Arunma Otteh would have been as patient or tolerant with the uncivil legislator! His treatment of the finance minister is a disgrace! Remember Ottehs' spat with Hembe about a year ago?; some women would never tolerate being talked down to in such a rude manner.....and rightly so too!

There are ways of getting your message across without disrespecting or shouting at a federal minister......even if you feel you're in the right! It's obvious he got emotional and lost control for reasons other than what he'd want us to believe.

have they invited her again for any "hearing" grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LASEMA Officials Rescue Trapped Lagos Residents From Flood / Juju Oath Of Political Godfathers (Opinion) / IGR Of Nigerian States From 2007 To 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.