Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,998 members, 7,927,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:36 AM

Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters (35189 Views)

Real Reason Why President Muhammadu Buhari May Not Complete His Tenure. / Akpabio Denies Turning Government House To ‘sex Haven’ During His Tenure / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by lafuria1(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2013
The sack or whatever doesn't make a difference. He has completed his tenure and Alhamdulilah he has done I best. Wish him the thereafter.
Corruption continues.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by mjizzie(m): 11:17am On Dec 28, 2013
He expose dia corrupt practises now dey want him to go. Who is sayin dt he has compromise the investigation? Do you people think they will investigate $50billion successfully in dis Nigeria.let them put someone who will cover dia act dia
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by eluquenson(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2013
Sanusi is also a corrupt man, he should go & let another person govern CBN.
We are also aware of the 2.1 billion naira mint missing at NSPM/CBN last year december, what has happened afterward.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by kbabajide(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2013
he shoud be sack for saying d truth while oduah is not yet sack

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2013
Why didn't he get his figures right in d first place? From 50 to 12billion dollars..he of all ppl shud av gotten his facts togeda b4 proceedin onn such a catastrophic mission

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by balladin: 11:27am On Dec 28, 2013
Kachi188: If Sanusi has any decency left, he should just resign his position. That letter is a clear indication that he intends to embarrass the FGN. You don't write such a letter when investigations have not been carried out. It damages your reputation and calls into question all other information he has released. How many of them were false or deliberately exaggerated to achieve a desired reaction.
Don't mind gullible Nigerians here on nairaland. Always falling for any cheap propaganda propelled by APC and sahara reporters. They will believe hook, line and sinker any gist from sahara reporters just the same way they believed the Federal Government killed Prof. Iyayi. It's a pathetic situation.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by balladin: 11:33am On Dec 28, 2013
Kachi188:

Common sense will tell anyone that that claim was ridiculous. That NNPC has withheld an amount equal to the national budget for two years. Did U even hear NNPC's reply, that CBN brought up that complaint in september which the presidency forwarded to the petroleum minister who satisfactorily replied the. Query. Are you telling. Me that Sanusi had no idea that other government agencies take different oil revenues and not just NNPC.
If you are the MD of a bank, will you take that slight lightly, if your chief financial officer leaks a letter he wrote to you to the shareholders saying that all the profit the bank has made in two years are missing? Do you know the impart of that allegation on your credibility, knowing that most people will take it at face value since it emanated from such a high ranking official within the firm?
Let's be truthful o...that letter should only arise at the end of an investigation, not at the beginning.
Well said. Don't mind our myopic friends on nairaland.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2013
lawbabs:

That is a foolish statement to make. How would u say, he ought not to write a letter before investigation. Is the letter addressed to u? How'll investigation be conducted if he didnt write d.What u should worry urself about is how and why did d letter leak?
Sls's job was well stipulated n laid down b4 him at d assumption of office n i believe tryin to beat Julian Asange every now n then wasnt part of it..makin one sided donations over 2 blast victims wit public funds n bringing on board jaiz whateva bank in a land rife wit ethnoreligious tension n differences werent within his lines..nobody is saying he shouldnt convey financial statements or infos 2 d executive or legislature but when such statements n figures emanating frm such a high official proves to be outright misleading,false n calculated to bring d president to disrepute-as all fingers will point to gej-n u guys come on here still n put up such crap,then u got a long way 2 go. sls long shud hav gotten da boots.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by playboy19(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
He didn't necessarily do anything morally wrong, he only broke the first and the most important law of a secret cult, cabal, oligarchy, corrupt government which is; Never tell on us. He has broken the law and he must pay right?

This administration does not care about Nigeria, it only care about the 'Family'. The cabal. Classic case of oligarchy ruling. I only pity the worthless and useless ones among you who only go out there to waste your time and vote, just to have a sense of belonging for once in the country, believing that your vote counts. Think Nigeria, think.

You come out here spewing trash as if you are Nigerians. Nigeria does not have a population of 160 million. The real population of Nigeria is not up to 1 million. Nigeria rather has 159 million slaves. Why do you think they always tell investors about the abundance of 'cheap labor' in the land? Think Nigeria, think.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 28, 2013
worst CBN Governor in the history of Nigeria

an inquest is required whether this guy criminally put Nigerian economy at risk in the name of rescuing banks

We need to understand whether that exaggerated show was needed.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by anonimi: 11:38am On Dec 28, 2013
SaharaReporters has learnt that Nigeria’s Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, will be forced to leave his post in March, 2014, two months before the formal expiration of his tenure. Two sources at the Presidency and a source at the Central Bank told SaharaReporters that Mr. Sanusi has been ordered to proceed on a post-retirement leave in March.

I don't know who I can award the greatest gaffe between the OP and his quoted source- SaharaReporters.

- The OP changed two months to three months.
- SR distorts what clearly is a PRE-retirement leave to post-retirement. You cannot be granted leave AFTER your employment contract is over.

Moreover, pre-retirement is a usual arrangement for high level executives in the public and private sector.
If SR had used patriotic rather than PAROCHIAL lens to view the reports from its two presidency sources and the additional source in CBN it would have realised its folly, which will further dent its waning credibility in the ever-growing news sector in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Navalsadiq(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2013
Nufin weh we nor go see for these naija.GEJ nor they pick OBJ call that na why the baba decide to write open letter.sanusi you self you wan make them remitt all the money so that you go take am flex.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by IAMBREEZY: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
I don't trust sahalies reporters gringringrin
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by ocelot2006(m): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
ajani1978: Jonathan too will be sacked before his tenure end in 2015

Keep dreaming
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by tonyzaks: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rexxie:
Sls's job was well stipulated n laid down b4 him at d assumption of office n i believe tryin to beat Julian Asange every now n then wasnt part of it..makin one sided donations over 2 blast victims wit public funds n bringing on board jaiz whateva bank in a land rife wit ethnoreligious tension n differences werent within his lines..nobody is saying he shouldnt convey financial statements or infos 2 d executive or legislature but when such statements n figures emanating frm such a high official proves to be outright misleading,false n calculated to bring d president to disrepute-as all fingers will point to gej-n u guys come on here still n put up such crap,then u got a long way 2 go. sls long shud hav gotten da boots.
na jaiz bank dey worry u, how many people are forced into opening account there?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by brinell(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sanusi's deliberately exposed letter may be true, but it's equally disturbing that such a high and sensitive position is occupied by a man that can bend because he is 'blackmailed' to change figures hastily. Having exposed such level of corruption, he should just have stuck to his position. Hastily changing his position after deliberately leaking the letter brings his reputation to question.

One question though: Are all these deliberate exposes really aimed at the betterment of Nigeria, or are they because of different political, religious and ethnic interests?

I ask this question because, though we the public like exposes of this nature, I still see that all these guys exposing the different information have different levels of corruption in their field and constituencies , as well as very personal interests. I'm all for these exposes if they are for the good of the country, but against it if they're aimed at heating up the polity to gain sympathy for politician's selfish interest.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by mrvictor: 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
Saha'LIE' reporters? ...Do we still believe them?
Sahara reporters and false rumours sef

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by RockyOmas: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Well done Sanusi for the reform in the banking sector....
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
grin grin grin
E b like say this auto dictionary de fall my hand

You are spot on. I've experienced same thing numerous times. This happens mostly in smartphones with electronic keypad. You type a word and press space , the auto dico picks another word for u. Very embarrassing angry
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by chuqudy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
before Soludo, now lamido, next should be olodo.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by dad007(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
wasak: I've given up on Nigeria long ago. Every incident now plays to me as a Drama ...
but the way people still allow tribal sentiments rule over their thoughts is befuddling to me!
Me too bro,there are some comments I read here on nairaland that makes me really sad even as I am far away it still hurt.MAY I NEVER BE BLIND BY TRIBALISM EVEN WHEN OTHERS HAVE DONE THE SAME TO ME.LET MY MAKER BE MY JUDGE.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by NwekeGodwin: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
birds of thesame feather fly together: them know how to sought they self out: before you know it sanusi or what will bag another appointment joooor::::::::
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Dave50(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
brinell: Sanusi's deliberately exposed letter may be true, but it's equally disturbing that such a high and sensitive position is occupied by a man that can bend because he is 'blackmailed' to change figures hastily. Having exposed such level of corruption, he should just have stuck to his position. Hastily changing his position after deliberately leaking the letter brings his reputation to question.

One question though: Are all these deliberate exposes really aimed at the betterment of Nigeria, or are they because of different political, religious and ethnic interests?

I ask this question because, though we the public like exposes of this nature, I still see that all these guys exposing the different information have different levels of corruption in their field and constituencies , as well as very personal interests. I'm all for these exposes if they are for the good of the country, but against it if they're aimed at heating up the polity to gain sympathy for politician's selfish interest.

So in orderwords you are saying corruption should only be exposed based on motives right?
We all want nigeria to be a better place yet when fraud is exposed, instead us getting interested in knowing if the reports are accurate we go about crucifying the whistle blower.

Now tell me with this kind of attitude we have do we expect well meaning nigerians to expose corrupt practices in the future?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by grandstar(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
With anyone with a knowledge of the nigerian economy $50B is an outrageous figure! Its akin to saying a cashier earns 1m monthly!No banker would believe that. Sanusi knew better or was being mischievious.$12b is a more realistic figure.good riddance.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by segnys007(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Yomieluv: In politics we call it sabotage,some actions are best taken for the interest of the nation,why would Sanusi be bad-mouthing the same government he's serving within.

He should have at least down play the situation,rather than over heating the polity,and now trying to make amends.

Serves him right.
how has he over heated the polity? What does it even mean to "over heat the polity"? This is just a means for thieving politicians to sweep something under the carpet. They don't want to over the polity!!! Which stupid polity!!! Na only Nigeria be polity? How come it's only here you hear about over heating the polity?
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Dave50(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
From the comments am reading here it is a fact that nigerians dont really hate corruption. Whenever corruption is exposed instead of looking at it objectively we are more interested in attacking the messenger, let us continue like this and see where it leads us. Other african countries are moving forward yet we choose t o remain where we are. I pity our future generations. No wonder it is said that a people deserve the type of leaders they get .

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by iretiland: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sanusi's sack means welcome to JEG's intended CBN Gov. Aigboje Aig-Imokhuade the current CEO/MD OF Access Bank -another Jonathan's cronnie and corruption cover-up hatchet job man, knowing well that this corrupt and 'olodo' senate will approve his nomination.

Watch and see. APC, please help to avoid the installation of this cover up tool as CBN Head.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Dave50(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
segnys007: how has he over heated the polity? What does it even mean to "over heat the polity"? This is just a means for thieving politicians to sweep something under the carpet. They don't want to over the polity!!! Which stupid polity!!! Na only Nigeria be polity? How come it's only here you hear about over heating the polity?
Thank you very much, you hit the nail on the head, whenever very important issues are raised (corrupt practices and otherwise) most nigerians complain of heating the polity but when sycophants resolves to praise singing it is not seen as heating the polity.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
1MCN:
In a sane society, the opposition, ruling party, professional bodies, student groups and the entire people will collectively call for the withdrawal of the services of the CBN governor 'cause his letter betrays his incopetence and confusion. How can we continue to rely our national wealth in the hands of a man who cannot trace or monitor the whereabouts of our 2years national budget in just 18months! It's the President that should write the Bank seeking the information and clarification CBN had requested from the President in that infamous letter. Whether Sanusi had other superior intents he wanted to achieve with that letter only him and his clique can tell.
As for the SR, we've heard the conspiracy theory. No problem. When the chicken crosses the road then we'll get back to the why, when and how.

I believe he has other ulterior motives apart from investigation. It is not the 1st time he has done this grandstanding. He is definitely interested in the Emir of Kano stool. These days he dons the full regalia of his recent chieftaincy title to official functions, especially if it involves the press. This is unprecedented, and very strange. That outfit is rather awkward as an office wear. It is meant for traditional events or purely social functions.

Besides the emirship, I believe he has political motives as well. He is trying to position himself for something in APC. One way to assure this is send out signals that you were fighting perceived ills within the government.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
k.style:
So 4 telling d masses all d wrongs n monies been stolen,d man wil b sacked?kai....bab God if u no com help dis nation,we fit fall inside well o

Is that how you tell your boss about issues in your place of work, by writing to him and sending copies to the press? Why don't you try this method at work when you resume after new year, and let's see how many days your employment will last. Waiting for the result of your experiment.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Jobig(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
what is the actual work of CBN governor?is he connect to EFCC?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Importer Denies Importing Range Rover For Bukola Saraki / Rivers Peace Accord: How Tinubu Ended Wike’s Dreams Of Becoming Jagaban - Eze / Jonathan Congratulates Obasanjo On New Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.