Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,030 members, 7,928,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:43 AM

Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters (35190 Views)

Real Reason Why President Muhammadu Buhari May Not Complete His Tenure. / Akpabio Denies Turning Government House To ‘sex Haven’ During His Tenure / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by eraly(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
I 1da if dis country is gonna change for gud if we d youth keep on "sideing" all dis corrupt politicians.

Regardless of Sanusi's motive behind dis "truth", d truth is he said d truth.

BTW, y ar som Pple here supporting corruption?

May GOD save dis country

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
eraly: I 1da if dis country is gonna change for gud if we d youth keep on "sideing" all dis corrupt politicians.

Regardless of Sanusi's motive behind dis "truth", d truth is he said d truth.

BTW, y ar som Pple here supporting corruption?

May GOD save dis country

This country will change when we the youths start being aware

How can you sit here and claim that Sanusi said the truth when sanusi has already appologised for his misinformation?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by whyx06(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
koboko69:

Sharrap there!

12 billion $ is still unaccounted for. We all knw sanusi was forcrd to even reduce the figure to that amount. Mr president's enemies live and eat with him. They leaked the letter in the 1st place. The corruption infested woman okonjo still had no shame to be arguing with reps that its 10 billion $ and not 12. We are not talking about naira here you know....what a facked up government. Madam bullet proof is till in his cabinet too, he's looking for a way to remove the CBN governor despirately.
I'm wandering y so many women makes up his cabinet, dats y there's so many shake-up in his government. . . .
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by eraly(m): 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
cute-boy:

Is that how you tell your boss about issues in your place of work, by writing to him and sending copies to the press? Why don't you try this method at work when you resume after new year, and let's see how many days your employment will last. Waiting for the result of your experiment.

So 50/12billion $ shuld jus disappear like dat? Tax payers money o

No 1da we ar where we ar.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by eraly(m): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
mikeansy:

How can you sit here and claim that Sanusi said the truth when sanusi has already appologised for his misinformation?

Hw cn a whole CBN Governor nt knw wat he is writing/saying?

N wat makes u tink he wsn't pressurized to change d figure.

Bro, dis is Nigeria o
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by lorddannie: 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
eraly:

So 50/12billion $ shuld jus disappear like dat? Tax payers money o

No 1da we ar where we ar.
sir, NNPC doesn't collect tax Take a look at what is generated by taxpayers in other thread.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mallam Sanusi Lamido had written a fallacious letter to the President, complaining about a missing £50billion, from the funds supposed to be remitted to the Federation accounts by the NNPC. Regrettably after a two-day reconciliation with NNPC, FIRS, DPR and CBN, Mallam Sanusi apologized to Nigerians that he got his figures wrong and blamed his staff for providing him with wrong data.

He concluded that $12billion was the new difference, while the team saw a difference of N10billion. After about 3 more days of reconciliation, the CBN announced that the N10billion was actually remitted to CBN months before Sansui’s false alarm, under a separate heading by FIRS and DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources).

http://thestreetjournal.org/2013/12/presidency-orders-cbn-governor-sanusi-lamido-to-retire/

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by DisGuy: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
cute-boy:

I believe he has other ulterior motives apart from investigation. It is not the 1st time he has done this grandstanding. He is definitely interested in the Emir of Kano stool. These days he dons the full regalia of his recent chieftaincy title to official functions, especially if it involves the press. This is unprecedented, and very strange. That outfit is rather awkward as an office wear. It is meant for traditional events or purely social functions.

Besides the emirship, I believe he has political motives as well. He is trying to position himself for something in APC. One way to assure this is send out signals that you were fighting perceived ills within the government.

He's interested in the Emir of kano stool? what are you on about, thats like saying prince Williams his interested in the being King, what does his private work has to do with being an Emir?
Ever since he has been appointed people have accused him of having an ulterior motive, when his published names of habitual debtors up and down the country- he was accused of this and that, he removed bank chief with massive insider trading and dubious accounting

Let the defacto president tell us all the illegal actions he's taken since, nowadays it's almost sacriligious to question anything the government does, if it's not filed under the ethnic carpet it will certainly be filed under the religious carpet; funny enough prior to GEJ questioning/attacking govt actions was fair play!
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by cuteboy2: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
5thNOTE: Jonathan is another thing o. Who doesnt knw he is corrupt? Becuse we are standing against ethnic bias is nt a covering or a fair mark to his corruptness and D excess exhibited by his aides such as ministers. The money Deanizi or whatever they call her stole is it nt more than the missing $50billion.
And what evidence do you have of GEJ being personally corrupt? Do yoy know of mansions, cars, businesses he has acquired while in office. We know of Abacha loot, foreign accounts, mansions, etc. We know of IBB's N200m Minna hilltop mansion, watch factory in Switzerland, various businesses operated by surrogates when he was head of state. We know of OBJ's massive acquisition of shares in blue chip companies during the indigenization process during his 1st outing as military head of state. Confirm details in Chief Asiodu's memoirs. We know of the scandals around the corrupt channelling of funds to build Obasanjo library and Bells University during his 2nd outing as civilian President. So tell us what evidence of curroption do you have against GEJ?

If you claim Diezani has stolen billion s of dollars, where and which banks exactly are they keeping the money? In these days of extremely tight financial tracking by America due controls on terrorism and drug money, it is near impossible for anybody (or non governmental entity) to accumulate such huge amounts without attracting attention.

Poor bookkeeping and accounting of national receipts and expenditure by CBN, finance ministry, FIRS, NCS, NNPC, is a chronic historical problem which those agencies should get together, resolve and plug the leakage if any is detected. It is their primary role. Perceivd discrepancies in expected national receipts does not translate to increased bank balances of the president. Let's apply some reasoning before we make outlandish assertions.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dis Guy:

He's interested in the Emir of kano stool? what are you on about, thats like saying prince Williams his interested in the being King, what does his private work has to do with being an Emir?
Ever since he has been appointed people have accused him of having an ulterior motive, when his published names of habitual debtors up and down the country- he was accused of this and that, he removed bank chief with massive insider trading and dubious accounting

Let the defacto president tell us all the illegal actions he's taken since, nowadays it's almost sacriligious to question anything the government does, if it's not filed under the ethnic carpet it will certainly be filed under the religious carpet; funny enough prior to GEJ questioning/attacking govt actions was fair play!

What about those frivolous donation of the public money?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by david290(m): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Am not hear 2 trade words with anybody so please avoid quoting me.D presidency can sack sanusi 4 telling Nigerians what they deserve 2 know but i know they cant sack God when he comes 2 our rescue.This was how Nnaji was forcefully made 2 resign,the Ncc chairman i suppose and now sanusi.Am not suprised,i knew things like this will happen,but this is d least i expected,top govt functionaries like azazi will soon start to die 4 daring to say d truth that could void 2015 golden dream.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by DisGuy: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
mikeansy:

What about those frivolous donation of the public money?

In a country where everything is grey- when you say frivolous do you mean it's illegal or unprecedented or the specific amount or perhaps the region(s) CBN donated money to; as i understand this is a regular thing - if its not sport, its universities, communities etc
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Twist4u: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kaii! Sanusi lamido gooffed bigtime.he should honourably resign.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dis Guy:

In a country where everything is grey- when you say frivolous do you mean it's illegal or unprecedented or the specific amount or perhaps the region(s) CBN donated money to; as i understand this is a regular thing - if its not sport, its universities, communities etc

what am saying is the "ever frugal risk manager" should know better that the CBN has no business donating money even if it has been done in the past.

It is quite striking that he does not consider this as an important issue requiring reform given that he had the temerity to speak out quite rightly to NASS on waste. Why did he not recognize the need the reduce the waste in his own organization where he has jurisdiction to act?

Is there any other Reserve Bank Chairman in the world that donates money freely like that?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by callmenow: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
WRONG. Factually Wrong. Think before you write. Sanusi was not appointed by Jonathan. He was there before Jonathan. Sanusi is very corrupt. However, Sahara Reporters are more corrupt. The write and state lies as fact. Gobe

Obiagelli: I wish every appointee of GEJ will be punished like this without tribal sentiments, sls messed up and deserved it.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Pvin: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
Tuntheycr7: grin grin
And common sense no tell am make he edit d tin sef.
only in this situation that u will
know that common is not common
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Tuntheycr7: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
cute-boy:

You are spot on. I've experienced same thing numerous times. This happens mostly in smartphones with electronic keypad. You type a word and press space , the auto dico picks another word for u. Very embarrassing angry
So so on point bro.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by soulamanne(m): 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am a strong admirer of SLS but I have to say he goofed by not getting is facts right before writing such a sensitive letter.I am neither a pro or anti-GEJ but this move is just what normally happens.the current harshness of the political clime vis-a-vis 2015 only makes SLS a right-on-time scapegoat.
One only wishes this is how the president deals with anyone that has erred.However,it should be noted. That 50 or 12,the fact remains there is a case of misappropriation;one of the very many cases I should say.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by harizonal123(m): 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Here is what I have to say
1. Sanusi did very well for leaking such letter to inform the public on how much is being stolen
2. He f**ked up for not doing his research very well & later reviewing the amount to $12b all the way from $50b.
3. If he was in any form of pressure he should have taken a stand rather taken a bow. He shows a character of compromise and inconsistency in his records and dealings.
Conclusion: for giving us wrong and inaqurate figures, he should resign cos we r talking about $billons & not naira
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Remii(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
mikeansy:

what am saying is the "ever frugal risk manager" should know better that the CBN has no business donating money even if it has been done in the past.

It is quite striking that he does not consider this as an important issue requiring reform given that he had the temerity to speak out quite rightly to NASS on waste. Why did he not recognize the need the reduce the waste in his own organization where he has jurisdiction to act?

Is there any other Reserve Bank Chairman in the world that donates money freely like that?

maybe you should visit cbn official website to see that cbn have been donating money before sanusi got admitted into abu.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by jaytee01(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
mikeansy:

What should the youths be aware of? That corruption is walking on all fours with impunity under this government? That at least $10 billion is yet to be accounted for after the emergency "reconciliation"? That NNPC operations are still as opaque as ever? What misinformation are we talking about? What do you even get for licking a..rses? Shame on you?
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by SHAAWA: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nigerians or rather Sahara reporters I hail thee!
For those who do not know, it is a Government policy that every civil
servant must embark on a pre-retiremen leave 3 months before the expiration of his tenure.

It has nothing with what Sanusi did or did not do. As it is now, we are eargerly waiting for January for our boss to start his.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by brinell(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Everyone can vent their anger or disagreement as much as they want, it's ok, but @ Dave50 at a point one gets pissed off by the politicians antics. Certainly we can do without corruption , we don't want it, however, a pattern I see on these politicians is that they only come out to the public when they have their selfish interest against the norms. They shouldn't play with our intelligence because it is usually when they are nearing their end or have other selfish interests that they open their mouth to the public. I don't value that kind of exposure because it will give them popularity that will move them to new positions to continue bigger corrupt practices. In the process they cause more harm than good to the country.

Look at my State, all in disarray and just remember that barely 2years ago the feuding parties were all seen smiling together during campaign and sharing money because there was common interest to win elections. Now the same people have different interests and we see madness and different exposures to the public. Honestly, apart from our knowledge, has these exposures actually brought real good? Maybe, but I'm not certain. The same politicians are still around, whether in new guise or name. We need people who are sincere and aim really to make changes that will move this nation and not only make them when they have other personal interests.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by lawbabs: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kachi188:

Common sense will tell anyone that that claim was ridiculous. That NNPC has withheld an amount equal to the national budget for two years. Did U even hear NNPC's reply, that CBN brought up that complaint in september which the presidency forwarded to the petroleum minister who satisfactorily replied the. Query. Are you telling. Me that Sanusi had no idea that other government agencies take different oil revenues and not just NNPC.
If you are the MD of a bank, will you take that slight lightly, if your chief financial officer leaks a letter he wrote to you to the shareholders saying that all the profit the bank has made in two years are missing? Do you know the impart of that allegation on your credibility, knowing that most people will take it at face value since it emanated from such a high ranking official within the firm?
Let's be truthful o...that letter should only arise at the end of an investigation, not at the beginning.

Bros, your initial argument was that Sanusi ought not to write a letter in the first place b4 investigation. A beg park well. If u hv forgotten your statement, pls go back to page one of the thread. And my response is that it is the right thing to do. Where the problem lies is the leaking of the letter. If it was sanusi that leaked it, I don't know, if it was a mole in the presidency, I don't know. But because the letter leaked doesn't mean he shouldn't write to notify the president of any perceived irregularity. Or in your organization, you only sing the praises of your MD? You don't write memo to advise your management on a perceived leakage if any? Abeg abeg go and think about it....
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by macherie1: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
So Jonathan is actually saving the money that should have been used to subsidize fuel in his own pocket. Well, I take solace in the believe that the God that deleted Abacha is still alive
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by wogorparadise: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
sluk:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nnpc-fraud-cbn-governor-sanusi-proceed-post-retirement-leave-march
u people can do all the propagander power rest with God, he will give it to who he dims fit, sanusi himself wants to leave after these tenure, the main content says they want to force him out two months to the time, the op says they want him out three months to the time i shale my head for the tower of babel called nigeria
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by lawbabs: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rexxie:
Sls's job was well stipulated n laid down b4 him at d assumption of office n i believe tryin to beat Julian Asange every now n then wasnt part of it..makin one sided donations over 2 blast victims wit public funds n bringing on board jaiz whateva bank in a land rife wit ethnoreligious tension n differences werent within his lines..nobody is saying he shouldnt convey financial statements or infos 2 d executive or legislature but when such statements n figures emanating frm such a high official proves to be outright misleading,false n calculated to bring d president to disrepute-as all fingers will point to gej-n u guys come on here still n put up such crap,then u got a long way 2 go. sls long shud hav gotten da boots.

U re just a GEJ ' S apologist. Think straight for the right reason. It was a private letter just like u hv internal memo within an organisation. So it is after investigation, he will now write to exonerate Himself? Think Now! Things aren't done that way. What I expect u to say is that SLS should have contacted NNPC first and seek to reconcile cbn observation with NNPC's record before writing the letter. And what makes u feel that he didn't contact NNPC b4 that. Of course we re not privy to that info except u work in NNPC or presidency - U know u guys are many here on nairaland. What i am worried about is how the private letter leaked. If it was leaked by SLS then he is a self seeker. If it was from ur presidency, then ur GEJ needs some house cleaning to do.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Omadachi(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
The Mr Jonathan want to wreck this country before he leaves office.GEJ has to be impeach before he destroy Nigeria finally.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by mooa404(m): 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]Wuld be Emire of Kano dey fear naija senators?
Me cheeww.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Remii:

maybe you should visit cbn official website to see that cbn have been donating money before sanusi got admitted into abu.

read and understand my previous post (the one you quoted in your response)
u may realize your response is already tackled!
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by klax(m): 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
ajani1978: Jonathan too will be sacked before his tenure end in 2015
Bro please you go and sit somewhere if you dont know what to say. Sanusi is long overdue to be sacked if I were to be Gej Sanusi is gone long time. I did not understand who a hell is him honestly his recklessness is overboard as CBN Gov long ago so damn it if he is sacked or being forced out.
Re: Sanusi Forced To leave 3-Months To The End Of His Tenure - SaharaReporters by docconceptscom: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
sincerity people are not accepted by NIGERIANS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Importer Denies Importing Range Rover For Bukola Saraki / Rivers Peace Accord: How Tinubu Ended Wike’s Dreams Of Becoming Jagaban - Eze / Jonathan Congratulates Obasanjo On New Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.