Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,112 members, 7,933,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:44 AM

Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere (26524 Views)

Another Election Postponement Would Be A Coup - Buhari / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / Lagos Plans To Instigate Nationwide Petrol Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by maasoap(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
def lover:
dey own d police and army....our police and army
will be used against us....bedside u guys ve not
noticed how Nigerian roads are designed....only
one road from Lagos leads to d north and
east....all dey need to do is block d by pass from
Lagos ibadan express road with soldiers....abuja d
sit of power is one way in one way out.....so an
Egyptian style revolution won't work....den we ve
d
issue of tribal and religous sentiments dey dangle
in our faces.....d youth can never unite....d system
has being designed to make it so.....no hopes for
dat.....only a youthful informed party with no tribal
or religious sentiment can achieve d change we
want...APC can't save us....PDP the preferred
devil.
This one still prefered PDP after 14 years of mismanagement and unprecedented corruption. Why are you afraid of change? May be you have forgotten that the only permanent thing in life change. Embrace change my dear friend, do not be afraid of it.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by taharqa: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
shymexx:

If a coup were to happen today, he would be the first to be kidnapped. I believe a coup might be imminent and perhaps, it would be carried out by junior officers. I'm looking at Abuja now and it seems the city isn't well defended with enough military infrastructures. Most of the military infrastructures are in Kaduna and Niger. So once the COAS is gone - and GEJ is nowhere to be found, taking over Abuja wouldn't be that much of a hassle, if the two satellite states which house the military infrastructures in that axis are gone.

Anyway, all the noise of civil war if a military coup were to happen is just utter crap. People would huff and puff for a few days, and it would be back to business as usual. For anything major to threaten the Northern hegemony, the South has to be united. However, that's not the case.

Watching closely with my 3rd eye!

Shalom!

Another IGNORAMUS, who has NEVER set his foot on Nigerian soil, has 'Spoken'...

You are 'looking at Abuja now..', from where? From one of London's many Projects??

CLOWNS cheesy cheesy.....

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
[s]
taharqa:

You are 'looking at Abuja now..', from where? From one of London's many Projects??

[/s]

You have always been a bum.

Anyway, this is my last post to you.

These are the Nigerian army military infrastructures in that axis:

- 1st Division, Kaduna.
- Training and Doctrine Command, Minna, Niger.
- 3rd Armoured Division, Jos.

Stop quoting my posts if you don't want to be e-slapped. Sod off!
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Kairoseki77: 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
tosan200:
It's just pathetic, we are not making any effort to move forward yet some still pray for war. I guess they are just naive . In war times nobody is safe , women will raped ,inflation will be at the highest and after fighting the meaningless war ,Nigeria as a country will have nothing but sad stories. I pray we never experience any war in this country.

Idio.ts pray for war and when the war starts they will be the first to flee the country.

The people who die in a war have it easy. It is the people who are left behind that have to deal with the consequences.

I'll never run from Nigeria if there is a war. I'll fight to protect my community and my people. But that is not a position any sane person DESIRES to be in.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by maasoap(m): 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
olas24u:

Dont you think a national conference makes sense?Cant you read and understand the messages in the article very well.
Whatever that comes out of National Conference will end up in the usual place,.....
Dustbin. National Conference will just be a waste of time, efforts and national resources.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by AreaFada2: 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
I would love to see a Fashola as a president of Nigeria someday, I am not against a diatribe yoruba man ruling Nigeria. I just hate the self righteous hypocrisy that comes out of yoruba e-warrior's mouth on NL. They tend to act as if Nigeria became corrupt as soon as GEJ became the president but will shield Tinubu when noble men like Gani calls him out for the fraud he is. SW stop supporting Buhari out of low self esteem, promote a viable candidate that shares a progressive dream like Fashola, and I will paint my face green and white.

Of course in a country of selfless leaders most people would happily vote for BRF.

But the North have a way of using SWners to achieve Northern agenda whether it's Akintola and Abiola to weaken Owolowo, OBJ/Abiola to remove electoral college act to deny Awo presidency, OBJ to rubbish Abiola's clear June 12 victory, etc.

Now they want to use ACN to ride to power. In fact Northerners always look for South Westerners to "Afonjarise".

Meanwhile the South Westerners always still surprisingly believe they can outwit the politically savvy Northerners.

Anybody but BRJ for ACN presidency in 2015 will finally reveal ACN as Association of Propaganda Clowns.

And a house of political prostitutes not in anyway better than the den of killers that is PDP.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by patriotic007: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
omar22: This shows how weak GEJ is...

Do you honestly believe someone either ex millitary or former ruler could send such letter to that little boy ruling North Korea or Babangida or Abacha?
That is why GEJ is a model of how democracy should look like,.....Your Abacha and Babagida that you mentioned where strong men but what are their achievements?,....Lets try a weak man and see what he can acheive at the end of 8yrs.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by honprof1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
U got the history wrong , go back to preindependent and. Check how many of ur people are involved among d nationalists?, also cheeck d post independant and see who among them are ur people that fought. For the sovereignty of this nation?

CHESSBOARD:
You are a bloody liar if you said that Nigeria has never been this polarized along ethnic and reliegsious line, then how come abuja and lagos look the way they are while se and ss where the money has been coming from looked trash since 1960, why did AWO give his poeple free education and left the rest of the country as d finance minister, why has the north been in power so long while given economic power to the SW then left SE and SS to nothing even as they are where money is coming from. You Yorubas have to be careful or else Lagos will be the first city to be destroyed.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by maasoap(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
Area-Fada:

Of course in country of selfless leaders most people would happily vote for BRF.

But the North have a way of using SWners to achieve Northern agenda whether it's Akintola and Abiola to weaken Owolowo, OBJ/Abiola to remove electoral college act to deny Awo presidency, OBJ to rubbish Abiola's clear June 12 victory, etc.

Now they want to use ACN to ride to power. In fact Northerners always look for South Westerners to "Afonjarise".

Meanwhile the South Westerners always still surprisingly believe they can outwit the politically savvy Northerners.

Anybody but BRJ for ACN presidency in 2015 will finally reveal ACN as Association of Propaganda Clowns.
When Yoruba gave their support to Jonathan in 2011, what did they gain in return? What are you even saying? PDP as party flourish in South South, South East and North just like APC in the South West and North. Are Northerners not your partners?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Tonylyte(m): 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zer0:

Your ill conceived opinion does not represent that of the average Nigerian. You accuse GEJ of bigotry, yet laced your comment with ethnic sentiments. Saying that you are from the south south does not in any way mask your ignorance about the country you claim to know and love.

GEJ's only undoing is that he opted to changr the status quo in governance. Though he isn't a saint, but he's surely laying a foundation where domocracy can thrive and not some wholesale politics introduced to us by criminals who think they know what is good for us.

When OBJ got his second stint as president, what did he do with the afforded him?. He harrassed opponents with impunity, supervised the desecration of the constitution and murdered every democratic tenets. Today he's out of favor with power and onbiously out of touch with reality.

The political balance in the country has changed, those who claim to be the majority have lost out to the oppressed minorities and that is a very good cause for their discomfort.

I pray that God should grant your war wishes and the consequences that comes with it. Maybr that will clear the logs in your eyes.
well said, they dnt just lyk gej. They said they hate obj likewise. If gej and obj are now enemies, shouldnt it had done on them that gej is getting thngs right? By nt allowing obj to puppette him?. They resulted to say they dnt lyk pdp, fine, same pdp obj wrote about in hs letter- that gej is setting confusion in the party. shouldnt this people be happy wit gej 4 setting confusions in the party they dnt want?. Anyways, they dnt lyk gej, thatz all. All those their silly gimmicks doesnt deceive me anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Kairoseki77: 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
maasoap: When Yoruba gave their support to Jonathan in 2011, what did they gain in return? What are you even saying? PDP as party flourish in South South, South East and North just like APC in the South West and North. Are Northerners not your partners?

People like him are the first to forget that all those Northern elites are members of PDP.

PDP has always been a party run by Northerners.

APC/ACN has invited everyone to join them. Northerners have joined, SS have joined, Middle Belt have joined, and even some SE have joined.

APC tried to make the SE a major part of the party, but SE voters rejected the party and they attack any Igbo who chooses to participate in the new national party. That is their own choice.

No one can force SE'ers to see the benefits of two party democracy. Likewise, no one can be expected to sit around waiting for them.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
CHESSBOARD:
You are a bloody liar if you said that Nigeria has never been this polarized along ethnic and reliegsious line, then how come abuja and lagos look the way they are while se and ss where the money has been coming from looked trash since 1960, why did AWO give his poeple free education and left the rest of the country as d finance minister, why has the north been in power so long while given economic power to the SW then left SE and SS to nothing even as they are where money is coming from. You Yorubas have to be careful or else Lagos will be the first city to be destroyed.

Another wish....

but why are Ibos so obsessed with the destruction of Lagos...they don't even hide the wish any more!
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by SPEED5: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
[quote author=Omo_Tier1]

I beg to disagree with you on this one. So long as Nigerians are hungry, coup will always succeed in Nigeria. Though I for one do not subscribe to it, however, the manner in which the current president has handled the affairs of the nation has no doubt sent the right signals to the exotic coup plotters to start thinking what next!

Nigerians love life too much so any bullet, followed by Ghana must go will silent their mouth forever cool.

I have said it here repeatedly, if GEJ continues with His die hard posture come Q1 2014, by Q2 2014, GEJ will be history as far as Aso rock is concerned and average Nigerians will not pity Him.

His greatest undoing was to polarize Nigeria along ethnic and religious line. Never has Nigeria been this polarized and I pray never again will it be.

Go and sit down, is it not the northerners who are polarising the country along religious and ethnic lines by saying 'IT IS THE TIME FOR WE NORTHERNERS TO RULE'. We see trough your hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by AreaFada2: 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
maasoap: When Yoruba gave their support to Jonathan in 2011, what did they gain in return? What are you even saying? PDP as party flourish in South South, South East and North just like APC in the South West and North. Are Northerners not your partners?

Partners in Boko or born-to-rule?

Don't be deceived, Northerners are strictly following Ahmadu Bello philosophy of "Nigeria as a conquered territory and inheritance of our Great Grandfather Uthman Dan Fodio".

Read up on it if you don't know.

The North are achieving their goal. Set Boko lose on the country so he will be busy fighting that and later blame him for achieving nothing.

Keep the propaganda machine dominated by SW revving and many like you will believe it.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Is Afenifere an igbo cultural organization? Your leaders are chief instigators of military coup. Moshood Abiola was a known sponsor of coup.
What is your son, Ihejirika doing about this "threat of a coup?"
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
What is your son, Ihejirika doing about this "threat of a coup?"

Why don't you idiotoic coup plotters execute the coup and see how he will react!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
shymexx:

If a coup were to happen today, he would be the first to be kidnapped. I believe a coup might be imminent and perhaps, it would be carried out by junior officers. I'm looking at Abuja now and it seems the city isn't well defended with enough military infrastructures. Most of the military infrastructures are in Kaduna and Niger. So once the COAS is gone - and GEJ is nowhere to be found, taking over Abuja wouldn't be that much of a hassle, if the two satellite states which house the military infrastructures in that axis are gone.

Anyway, all the noise of civil war if a military coup were to happen is just utter crap. People would huff and puff for a few days, and it would be back to business as usual. For anything major to threaten the Northern hegemony, the South has to be united. However, that's not the case.

Watching closely with my 3rd eye!

Shalom!
I guess you are somewhat right. Only that military coups are not always led by junior officers but middle-rank officers. Our prayer should just be the coup shouldn't be bloody. GEJ needs to be alive to face trial.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by nduchucks: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Odumakin:

It is therefore in the best interest of all that all those who are possibly plotting to cause crisis in the country perish the thought and allow the National Conference to proceed seamlessly so that the people of Nigeria can proffer their own solutions to our challenges so we can emerge a united and prosperous entity from the table of brotherhood.

The problem with people like Odumakin is essentially ignorance of the machinations of democracy. While freedom of speech is guaranteed in the constitution, utterances such as the one made by OBJ in his letter, and by Odumakin in his article, should promptly cause an immediate invitation and vigorous interview by the SSS, for clarification.

We have OBJ, Odumakin, Asari, Boko Haram, and others running amok and making threats against the Nigerian people, yet the commander-in-chief appears impotent in dealing with these threats.

The truth of the matter is, the feared coup has already taken place and it was orchestrated by the President's own advisers. No time in the history of Nigeria has any head of state enjoyed so little goodwill among the masses. The handwriting is already on the wall - this regime is a goner.

The National Conference is useless as long as we have a constitution and the national assembly who makes our laws. Ironically, it is the very coup which Odumakin is worried about, which can cause the dissolution of NASS and force the convening of a Sovereign National Conference.

Nigerians will welcome such a coup with open arms. It is my view, however, that this coup is not forthcoming and our best bet for now is a democratic regime change. APC may be our very last hope. May the New Year bring glad tidings of joy to all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
taharqa:

I've always said it. You are the most clueless of all the PDP e-warriors.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by tensor77(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks:
The problem with people like Odumakin is essentially ignorance of the machinations of democracy. While freedom of speech is guaranteed in the constitution, utterances such as the one made by OBJ in his letter, and by Odumakin in his article, should promptly cause an immediate invitation and vigorous interview by the SSS, for clarification.
We have OBJ, Odumakin, Asari, Boko Haram, and others running amok and making threats against the Nigerian people, yet the commander-in-chief appears impotent in dealing with these threats.
The truth of the matter is, the feared coup has already taken place and it was orchestrated by the Presiden'ts own advisers. No time in the history of Nigeria has any head of state enjoyed so little goodwill among the masses. The handwriting is already on the wall - this regime is a goner.
The National Conference is useless as long as we have a constitution and the national assembly who make our laws. Ironically, it is the very coup which Odumakin is worried about, which can cause the dissolution of NASS and force the convening of a Sovereign National Conference.
Nigerians will welcome such a coup with open arms. It is my view, however, that this coup is not forthcoming, our best bet for now is a democratic regime change. APC may be our very last hope. May the New Year bring glad tidings of joy to all Nigerians.
We don't need a coup right now. I would like to believe that Nigeria has grown beyond the stage of arbitrary rule, detention without trial, rule by decree, and disorderly/violent change of government. Let the military concentrate on facing up to our country's numerous security challenges and leave politics to the politicians.
Ironically any lame attempt by the current regime to convene a national conference would just send the signal to the military that the politicians are not responsible, clueless and/or are tired of ruling. A coup then becomes inevitable.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by deletrue: 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Annulment was payment for Abiola’s evil deeds – Sen Owie

on June 12, 2013 / in Politics, Top Stories 12:18 am / Comments

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor

Former member of the House of Representatives, former Senate Chief Whip and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Rowland Stephen Owie says the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election was a divine recompense for Abiola’s alleged past political misdeeds.

What is your perspective on the June 12, 1993 election?
When people talk about June 12, June 12; June 12 has no meaning. June 12 is the repayment of evil for MKO Abiola. Whatever you sow, you reap. I said about four years ago that if Abiola had been president he would have been dead.

You think so?
Yes, let me tell you. Before anyone can say that the annulment was evil they should answer four questions. Number one, who was that politician that brought what was called the Maroko land deal to limelight? Who was that politician who used the Maroko land deal as an albatross on the neck of Chief Obafemi Awolowo? Who is that Nigerian or group of Nigerians who went to Obasanjo and connived with him and removed the Electoral College act from the decree of 1978?

Who is that politician or group of politicians that aided the military to take over the government of President Shehu Shagari in 1983 after the NPN convention? Who is that politician? Who is that politician that aided the military in disqualifying all the major candidates of SDP and NRC?

I say if they can answer it and the answer is negative for MKO Abiola, then the annulment of June 12 is evil. But if the answer is yes and it’s MKO Abiola, the annulment of June 12 was the best thing that happened because you can’t plant mango and reap yam.

In 1979 I was in the UPN as a member of the House of Representatives and there was a provision in the transition decree of 1978/79 which made provision for Electoral College if the presidential election became inconclusive, and it really was inconclusive, because Shagari did not get two-third of the 19 states. So, we were preparing for Electoral College. NPP, GNPP, PRP and UPN we had majority in the National Assembly which constituted the Electoral College.

The late Mallam Aminu Kano of PRP, Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim of GNPP, Nnamdi Azikiwe of NPP and Awolowo of UPN had met and we had all met. But three days to the Electoral College Obasanjo removed the clause on Electoral College; he removed the goal post within the run of play.
Sen. Owie

Sen. Owie

The Electoral College was removed after the election when we were getting ready for it and that was why Awolowo had no other option and he had to go to court and the judgment gave rise to the issue of 12 2/3! A human being cannot be half, he is either full or… and that is why Justice Sowemimo said that that judgment cannot be quoted in future.

Abiola and Obasanjo were involved as Egbas to remove that clause. Concord brought the headline “Maroko land: Awolowo where is your sincerity”. We were in Minna when it was published. Look it deflated the old man, it scattered him, in fact, he was no longer himself and he started battling how to explain.

Now NPN went for their national convention in Kano and Umaru Dikko, he is alive, he said the presidential candidate of the NPN is not for sale. MKO Abiola wanted the presidential ticket he didn’t get it and he then came and aligned with the military people who now came in.

And IBB came and set up two political parties, Shehu Yar‘adua, Adamu Ciroma and other major contenders in SDP and NRC, overnight the military disqualified all of them, aided and abetted by MKO Abiola. Because if Yar‘adua were (involved) there was no way MKO would have won. He was not even in contention until the disqualification of these major contenders. That is why I said that June 12 was a repayment for evil that was done against other people.

But how do you see the June 12 election in terms of electoral conduct and fairness?

The June 12 election because it was an open ballot and had only two parties which cut across tribal lines was one of the fairest elections ever held in this country. June 12 showed what a good government can do in an election. If IBB and Aikhomu wanted to tamper with the election, they could have tampered with the election, but they didn’t. It was a free and fair election but what I am telling you is that the annulment that came later was the hand of Esau and the voice of Jacob.

What do you mean?
What happened was a repayment for evil.

But was that justified on the nation?
Yes! What I am saying is that it was God’s own work, it was God’s own work.

For Abiola’s alleged sin of…
All the sins!

But did that justify the derailment of the collective hope of Nigerians?
What is the collective hope of Nigerians?

Democracy
Was the Buhari coup against Shagari justified? Was that the collective will of Nigerians?

That is debatable because many Nigerians welcomed the coup just as majority of Nigerians were against the annulment of June 12.

It is because you are a pressman. Do you know how many people in my village that were not interested and were happy with the annulment, even though some of us were not happy.

You, were you happy with the annulment?
The annulment served Abiola right, quote me! You cannot be destroying other people and expect to have victory. There is a parable that all those who destroy other people will end up having destruction at the hour of their victory. MKO should not have expected anything less. Tell me, was it justified for Shehu Musa Yar‘adua and Falae in the SDP to be disqualified? What did they do? Was it justified for Adamu Ciroma and co in the NRC to be disqualified? What did they do? They were all disqualified in both parties so that MKO Abiola who was a friend of the military could emerge as the strongest candidate.

It was no secret that he paraded himself as a friend of the military. That man could not have expected to become president of Nigeria when he had ruined many people. The truth is that God does not come down to do some of these things Himself. He uses human beings as instruments and that is why when a man is looking for elective or appointive position, maybe as LGA chairman, governor, minister or president, he is looking for an aspect of the divinity of God. It is out of that divinity that the man in charge of affairs takes, compassion, service to the people, ability to manage everybody, forgiveness.

Unfortunately, the moment you get that position and you do not utilise it, not generally, just some part of it…if you watch when Christ cured the ten lepers only one came back to say thank you, but he said where are the other nine? And if you read Hipppolytus he said that as soon as Christ asked where are the nine that the leprosy returned to the nine and they died of leprosy.
Share Print Email
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/annulment-was-payment-for-abiolas-evil-deeds-sen-owie/#sthash.4FTQ2QGU.dpuf
Having gone through this long thread, you are a great man. This thread is carrying with it the whole truth and nothing but the truth. While I was a worker then, you must be an old outstanding politician. keep pin pointing the truth, it shall make free. Great man.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Tonylyte(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

You have always been a bum.

Anyway, this is my last post to you.

These are the Nigerian army military infrastructures in that axis:

- 1st Division, Kaduna.
- Training and Doctrine Command, Minna, Niger.
- 3rd Armoured Division, Jos.

Stop quoting my posts if you don't want to be e-slapped. Sod off!
please no nigerian shul tak this london-goat of a dude serious....he comes here to insult nigeria and nigerians, all in name of telling us the bitter truth, so we may change...dnt mind the phool, they are all hs silly gimmicks. On my own dialectic conclusion, dis dude started insulting us becos of the e-war bw the igbos and the yorubas. He cnt come out plain to support hs yoruba brodaz 4 us all to knw hs stands, he resulted to an underground stf...i've bin following hm 4 long nw. London-goat was in one other thread-about ilorin-yoruba history, where they said the hausas are taking over the yoruba land. The way he was so bent on defending hs people(yoruba), one would be shocked if it the same london-goat that comes here to insult nigeria(nigerians). He even said wale is beta than eminem in one other thread abt eminem.....i aint a bigot, i dnt insult other tribes, Except other nations that dnt lyk naija...am only xposing the london-goat...if u check the thread abt obj's daughter letter to hs dad, he was even supporting obj, he even said, 4 objs enemies to use hs daughters name to write letter to hm, blood wil flow-nw ths is the dude that is advocating 4 change in nigeria. As currupt as obj was(is), why would he support obj? Even wishing flow of blood in nigeria?...
N/b: am nt 4m any of the major ethnic group...a south-southerner though.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by nduchucks: 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
tensor77:
We don't need A COUP RIGHT NOW

That's why I wrote: It is my view, however, that this coup is not forthcoming and our best bet for now is a democratic regime change. APC may be our very last hope.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by cap28: 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
I am inclined to agree with Afenifere's statement because history indicates that Obj has always had some kind of link with the removal of heads of states that are no longer of any use to the people who placed them in office. Miraculously Obj always seems to escape the fate that many unwanted heads of states in third world countries meet with.

All I know is even if there is a military coup d'état the replacement will be no better than GEJ's administration because what you are experiencing right now is nothing more than a power tussle between various factions of a criminal enterprise, none of these various groups have the answer to lifting millions out of poverty, providing decent healthcare and education and the provision of jobs to the millions of unemployed youths.

Engaging in a debate with these fools is a complete waste of time, appealing to criminals to change their ways and stop stealing is the most naïve stance that any Nigerian can take when dealing with these politicians,, instead Nigerians need to mobilise and form a grass roots political party that represents the interests of the poor - after all the poor constitute over 80% of the population - this movement will need to find a way of getting the lower ranks of the police and army on their side in order to protect themselves from these murderous criminals as they will not give up their positions without a ferocious fight. In utter desperataion I can see the likes of obj and co even going as far as calling for military assistance from Europe and America if their positions of power are threatened by a grassroots movement in NIgeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by nationwide1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I beg to disagree with you on this one. So long as Nigerians are hungry, coup will always succeed in Nigeria. Though I for one do not subscribe to it, however, the manner in which the current president has handled the affairs of the nation has no doubt sent the right signals to the exotic coup plotters to start thinking what next!

Nigerians love life too much so any bullet, followed by Ghana must go will silent their mouth forever cool.

I have said it here repeatedly, if GEJ continues with His die hard posture come Q1 2014, by Q2 2014, GEJ will be history as far as Aso rock is concerned and average Nigerians will not pity Him.

His greatest undoing was to polarize Nigeria along ethnic and religious line. Never has Nigeria been this polarized and I pray never again will it be.

How has GEJ polarized Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines? Those who say this don't have any evidence to back this statement. They say it because GEJ is a minority. Let's call spade by its name.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

Why don't you idiotoic coup plotters execute the coup and see how he will react!!
Coups are planned secretly. If you react your Igbo will be shot.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Howmanage: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
jomonic: National conference is the way to go.
. All the way

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by deletrue: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Annulment was payment for Abiola’s evil deeds – Sen Owie

on June 12, 2013 / in Politics, Top Stories 12:18 am / Comments

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor

Former member of the House of Representatives, former Senate Chief Whip and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Rowland Stephen Owie says the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election was a divine recompense for Abiola’s alleged past political misdeeds.

What is your perspective on the June 12, 1993 election?
When people talk about June 12, June 12; June 12 has no meaning. June 12 is the repayment of evil for MKO Abiola. Whatever you sow, you reap. I said about four years ago that if Abiola had been president he would have been dead.

You think so?
Yes, let me tell you. Before anyone can say that the annulment was evil they should answer four questions. Number one, who was that politician that brought what was called the Maroko land deal to limelight? Who was that politician who used the Maroko land deal as an albatross on the neck of Chief Obafemi Awolowo? Who is that Nigerian or group of Nigerians who went to Obasanjo and connived with him and removed the Electoral College act from the decree of 1978?

Who is that politician or group of politicians that aided the military to take over the government of President Shehu Shagari in 1983 after the NPN convention? Who is that politician? Who is that politician that aided the military in disqualifying all the major candidates of SDP and NRC?

I say if they can answer it and the answer is negative for MKO Abiola, then the annulment of June 12 is evil. But if the answer is yes and it’s MKO Abiola, the annulment of June 12 was the best thing that happened because you can’t plant mango and reap yam.

In 1979 I was in the UPN as a member of the House of Representatives and there was a provision in the transition decree of 1978/79 which made provision for Electoral College if the presidential election became inconclusive, and it really was inconclusive, because Shagari did not get two-third of the 19 states. So, we were preparing for Electoral College. NPP, GNPP, PRP and UPN we had majority in the National Assembly which constituted the Electoral College.

The late Mallam Aminu Kano of PRP, Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim of GNPP, Nnamdi Azikiwe of NPP and Awolowo of UPN had met and we had all met. But three days to the Electoral College Obasanjo removed the clause on Electoral College; he removed the goal post within the run of play.
Sen. Owie

Sen. Owie

The Electoral College was removed after the election when we were getting ready for it and that was why Awolowo had no other option and he had to go to court and the judgment gave rise to the issue of 12 2/3! A human being cannot be half, he is either full or… and that is why Justice Sowemimo said that that judgment cannot be quoted in future.

Abiola and Obasanjo were involved as Egbas to remove that clause. Concord brought the headline “Maroko land: Awolowo where is your sincerity”. We were in Minna when it was published. Look it deflated the old man, it scattered him, in fact, he was no longer himself and he started battling how to explain.

Now NPN went for their national convention in Kano and Umaru Dikko, he is alive, he said the presidential candidate of the NPN is not for sale. MKO Abiola wanted the presidential ticket he didn’t get it and he then came and aligned with the military people who now came in.

And IBB came and set up two political parties, Shehu Yar‘adua, Adamu Ciroma and other major contenders in SDP and NRC, overnight the military disqualified all of them, aided and abetted by MKO Abiola. Because if Yar‘adua were (involved) there was no way MKO would have won. He was not even in contention until the disqualification of these major contenders. That is why I said that June 12 was a repayment for evil that was done against other people.

But how do you see the June 12 election in terms of electoral conduct and fairness?

The June 12 election because it was an open ballot and had only two parties which cut across tribal lines was one of the fairest elections ever held in this country. June 12 showed what a good government can do in an election. If IBB and Aikhomu wanted to tamper with the election, they could have tampered with the election, but they didn’t. It was a free and fair election but what I am telling you is that the annulment that came later was the hand of Esau and the voice of Jacob.

What do you mean?
What happened was a repayment for evil.

But was that justified on the nation?
Yes! What I am saying is that it was God’s own work, it was God’s own work.

For Abiola’s alleged sin of…
All the sins!

But did that justify the derailment of the collective hope of Nigerians?
What is the collective hope of Nigerians?

Democracy
Was the Buhari coup against Shagari justified? Was that the collective will of Nigerians?

That is debatable because many Nigerians welcomed the coup just as majority of Nigerians were against the annulment of June 12.

It is because you are a pressman. Do you know how many people in my village that were not interested and were happy with the annulment, even though some of us were not happy.

You, were you happy with the annulment?
The annulment served Abiola right, quote me! You cannot be destroying other people and expect to have victory. There is a parable that all those who destroy other people will end up having destruction at the hour of their victory. MKO should not have expected anything less. Tell me, was it justified for Shehu Musa Yar‘adua and Falae in the SDP to be disqualified? What did they do? Was it justified for Adamu Ciroma and co in the NRC to be disqualified? What did they do? They were all disqualified in both parties so that MKO Abiola who was a friend of the military could emerge as the strongest candidate.

It was no secret that he paraded himself as a friend of the military. That man could not have expected to become president of Nigeria when he had ruined many people. The truth is that God does not come down to do some of these things Himself. He uses human beings as instruments and that is why when a man is looking for elective or appointive position, maybe as LGA chairman, governor, minister or president, he is looking for an aspect of the divinity of God. It is out of that divinity that the man in charge of affairs takes, compassion, service to the people, ability to manage everybody, forgiveness.

Unfortunately, the moment you get that position and you do not utilise it, not generally, just some part of it…if you watch when Christ cured the ten lepers only one came back to say thank you, but he said where are the other nine? And if you read Hipppolytus he said that as soon as Christ asked where are the nine that the leprosy returned to the nine and they died of leprosy.
Share Print Email
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/annulment-was-payment-for-abiolas-evil-deeds-sen-owie/#sthash.4FTQ2QGU.dpuf
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
cap28: I am inclined to agree with Afenifere's statement because history indicates that Obj has always had some kind of link with the removal of heads of states that are no longer of any use to the people who placed them in office. Miraculously Obj always seems to escape the fate that many unwanted heads of states in third world countries meet with.

All I know is even if there is a military coup d'état the replacement will be no better than GEJ's administration because what you are experiencing right now is nothing more than a power tussle between various factions of a criminal enterprise, none of these various groups have the answer to lifting millions out of poverty, providing decent healthcare and education and the provision of jobs to the millions of unemployed youths.

Engaging in a debate with these fools is a complete waste of time, appealing to criminals to change their ways and stop stealing is the most naïve stance that any Nigerian can take when dealing with these politicians,, instead Nigerians need to mobilise and form a grass roots political party that represents the interests of the poor - after all the poor constitute over 80% of the population - this movement will need to find a way of getting the lower ranks of the police and army on their side in order to protect themselves from these murderous criminals as they will not give up their positions without a ferocious fight. In utter desperataion I can see the likes of obj and co even going as far as calling for military assistance from Europe and America if their positions of power are threatened by a grassroots movement in NIgeria.

There is no grass root movement in Nigeria, all of them are hungry people looking to fill their stomach! Why is it that after every election all the so called grass root movement fizzle away like rose under the scorching morning sun?

No one prays for coup or war, but when a sitting President engage in wanton looting and wide spread corruption, no doubt a coup will follow whether civilian or military coup and that is what Nigeria is facing going into 2014.

I have asked this question, had GEJ done the needful by provide adequate leadership and development across nigeria, do you think there will be any power struggle within PDP let alone the entire Nigeria polity?

A man whose words cannot be trusted is a good as a criminal because He is an innate liar. Unfortunately, that is how GEJ is now being viewed both home and abroad.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by RedEboe(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Some (APC) lunatics are busy having wet dreams over the 'threat of coup'...oya now.

When the khaki boyz eventually strike,which media house will they first take over to announce their success? Still the same NTA and Radio Nigeria?

How are they going to cut telecommunications...by taking over NITEL? cheesy

And then the people of South-South will sit back and allow the adventurers displace their own son and have access to their oil?
Abi you people really think Rotimi Amaechi is a force to be reckoned with in the South-South region?

LOOOOOOOL.

If the Military could not strike during the January 2012 subsidy strikes when the whole nation went against GEJ,is it now?
GEJ's core support base is Northern Christians and South East and South-South.

-Northern Christians dominate the core section of the Nigerian army,including combatants.
-A South Easterner is Chief of Army staff.
-South-South owns the oil,wetin remain?

APC goons can continue sodomiziing themselves as they await the ousting of GEJ by force!

They'll have to wait till 2019. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
nationwide1: How has GEJ polarized Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines? Those who say this don't have any evidence to back this statement. They say it because GEJ is a minority. Let's call spade by its name.
Is GEJ the first minority to govern Nigeria? When will you people stop spewing this rubbish? The obvious truth is GEJ is eternally incompetent and He lacks what Nigeria requires to move forward.

A man who cannot keep His house in order, how then can you make such a man the senior man of the community
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
[quote author=SPEED5][/quote]
First go learn how to quote before opening your mouth to spew rubbish in public space..... cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account / Keyamo: Tinubu Already Speaking To Nigerians, Granting Interviews Not Compulsory / Prepaid Meter Manufacturing Company Commissioned By VP Shettima In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.