Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:49 PM

APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (65608 Views)

Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by ichidodo: 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
lekkie073:
the igbos r a confused lot. ordinary state gubernatorial election....choose BTW ur kinsmen, dem turn am to issue sotey dem conduct election twice. if we venture give these guys chance to be number one in naija.......daz all! naija just kaput!
Very silly statement, if you want to sell your selves and families to the North, be our guest...GEJ till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by drwebs: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
sammhi: If this report is true, then all the news about GEJ not performing has been all a grand strategy to destabilise him so that the North can have its power back. Tambuwal that his House of reps stinks of corruption will now be installed by OBJ, TINUBU, IBB etc. so that they can continue to fleece Nigeria and Nigerians...lets see sha.
When shall all these merry go round stop? Same group of politicians ruling and yet no progress. What is the difference between Tambuwal and OBJ ,GEJ? same people, same party .just label change....
did Tambuwal change of party makes him a different man? NO ! it does not ..it is still same corrupt Tambuwal out to serve the wishes of the caliphate, himself and power brokers.!
We need a radical departure from these IBB, OBJ,GEJ,TAMBUWAl set up ..same people, no difference. how can the nation progress with same set of corrupt , visionless ,greedy and self serving people .
time to reject these people

I belief the wisest thing for Nigerians to do is to vote GEJ, this man has stepped on toes to bring positive change to this country, those who feel Nigeria is their own and want to still take its resources are ganging up to manipulate things. If this APC wins, we will go backward as a Nation because the past leaders who have drained this country off its resources especially the oil (from oil wells) still want to have them.
I heard the licenses they have to this Wells are expiring 2013, they are ganging up to have them back, hence their fight with GEJ, not PDP.

We as Nigeria ns, we should be wise. I also wonder why our leaders are so greedy to be owning oil Wells when we voted them into power to manage our resources. just wonder why we pretend as if we don't know this truth and we are quiet about it.

Nigeria belongs to us all, any group that says they own Nigeria should be made irrelevant and we have the power to do so by our votes.

5 Likes

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
lekkie073:
Mr onye ara, DAT stats is not resident-derived. its ethnic-based. a northerner residing in port Harcourt will still vote for his kinsman while an onyeara man in Lagos will also vote for his kinsman. let's assume everybody voted for their respective kinsman, the Yoruba/Hausa coalition is unbeatable. dats what d stats is insinuating.

Stupid statistics!! Who conducted the ethnic cenus and when was that carried out? Just continue to fool yourself.By 2015 we shall see.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by drwebs: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
shogz89: Am not trying to support any body here... But all I want is change ,,, pdp have monopolised that position with nobody capable of dethroning them up until now,, if there are competitions like this in every election I believe ruling party will sit tight and do something meaningful while in that position..... Whether you like it or not their are massive development in all states apc dethroned pdp in the last election simply because they don't want to loose it any more,,, if such happens in the federal level be it pdp or apc (frequent changing of power due to competition) I tell you in an unbelievable pace will Nigeria move

I like your school of thought, but the problem now is, the so called APC we thought was going to be our Messiah is now polluted and manipulated by the same set of greedy politicians controlling PDP.

its no longer the APC we knew before. They now have plenty guudfadas there whom the President have to obey, instead of the wish of the masses. Whoever wins in APC will be there to protect the interest of these guudfadas and not Nigerians.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by oduaboy1: 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

Your stupidity is even more glaring!! So everyone living in these regions are indigenes and will vote for APC abi? What percentage of lagos population are yorubas?
10%..Moro'n
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by dremoney(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
But why is Jonathan an option here? I thought its a concensus he's a disaster. I honestly cant see Nigeria making any progress if at this point some folks still can afford to have mama peace in Aso Rock for another 4yrs *faints*
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by ichidodo: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
odua boy: 10%..Moro'n
90% Buffonery
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by kirian202: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
Young Money:
How far about the big head Rochas and Amaechi what happen to them
Lol
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by shogz89: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

Your stupidity is even more glaring!! So everyone living in these regions are indigenes and will vote for APC abi? What percentage of lagos population are yorubas?
Yoruba plenty die for LAGOS,,,..... And mind you no be only igbos migrate to LAGOS,, hausa and other yorubas from ogunjirin, Osun, ondo and Co are,... So don't ask the proportion of yorubas in LAGOS cos they still outnumber the igbos no matter what
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by kirian202: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mr Aboki: So Tambruwal will be President and a Yoruba man will be Vice & Ndi Igbo And the South-South people will go and thumbprint for them.. grin

Very Funny!!!!
Una no go kill me with laugh as I wan enter dis new year
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by dremoney(m): 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
All i can figure from this thread is simply the fact that 'Nigerians have not suffered enough' otherwise voting PDP out of power will be our common objective without controversy.

FYI, not all PDP members are as bad as we think. They are as guilty as the docile followers they have. Overskill dey worry all of una with your baseless and terribly sentimental analysis. We all have sinned at some point. We have pastors who used to be armed robbers.

This is a good platform to revolt against PDP without bloodshed
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
i have a feeling that GEJ will not contest in 2015.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by ichidodo: 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
shogz89:
Yoruba plenty die for LAGOS,,,..... And mind you no be only igbos migrate to LAGOS,, hausa and other yorubas from ogunjirin, Osun, ondo and Co are,... So don't ask the proportion of yorubas in LAGOS cos they still outnumber the igbos no matter what
At least we can dilute and erode the lagos bloc vote to the APC and if care isn't taken deliver Lagos to the PDP ofcourse with the help of yoruba pdp voters
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by oduaboy1: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
ichidodo: 90% Buffonery
But i thought the ibos were the majority in lagos according to ibo nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by nutarious(f): 8:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
shizzle11:
You spoke in half truths.
How can GEJ perform maximally under the following conditions? You seem to have forgotten, but i will remind you
"If Jonathan contests, we will make the country ungovernable for him" Adamu ciroma in 2010.

"Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable" atiku in 2010

Is this not what is playing out today viz a viz the security situation in the country.

And why do we have all these threats flying around? just cos Jonathan is a southerner...of course I forget that in Nigeria, only the north are born to rule....times are changing, we shall see.

Like one fool said earlier, that only Hausa and Yoruba can administer the country...we are watching

Bro, you are right for all u said except that u assumed what they said is why Gej did not perform. I was @ his numerous manifestos, starting from ur state. please be truthful in answering me , have u felt federal prescence?. Am in lag, I say no...........is it adamu that is stopping him from doing what he wS voted for in SW, SE,MIDDLE BELT. U want to be president but u don't have the tech know how.pls face the truth and stop making excuses for him, a good leader will do his best.let me highlight some

Is it adaMU

1-that stop oduah's investigation
2-that allow his advisors tofight everybody who oppose him
3-that increase oil price
4-that allow nnpc operate wtout monitoring
5- that dint perform to woo the masses
6-that allow patience to use executive powers
7-that said igbos are the strength behind his administration
8-that favors se and ss more for executive posts

Pls this list is long, forget what buhari said. Same buhari threatened obj 2003.................

Pls its an open secret, he can't rule us. We need someone else

2 Likes

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by LeSaint(m): 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
This whole story must be a joke.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by yetunsbay(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
gratiaeo: with all the noise in APC camp they couldn't get a presidential candidate within them?
if dem gv u buhari u go shout,wen they gimme u ribadu u go yansh even if na el-rufai u go still be chinco.Now name a presidential candidate.bt rmemba these PDP officials were 1nc members of another party b4 being lured...
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Xfactoria: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
I keep telling people. APC will only work if all of its bigwigs and members are known to be selfless. Sadly they are not and I guess that is what Doyin Okupe was referring to when he boasted that they will scatter in a year.

The point is once they choose candidates for the Presidency, Governorship and other positions, the selfish members of APC who lose out will show their true colours and APC will turn back to blame PDP for planting moles in their party. ACN' could infect APC with hand-picking of candidates and it would backfire with disgruntled members moving to PDP.

So its too early to rush to conclusions that all this defection filmtrick will weaken PDP and GEJ. There is going to be a lot of drama both ways!
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by funshint(m): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
So many pple here don't just understand politics. With Tambuwal as Presidential candidate of APC; GEJ is already a goner. But I'm not yet sure if they've concluded plans for the VP ticket which I think might likely go to the SE/SS with Amaechi being the likely candidate. Remember SW has no representation at the Federal level at present and we are not crying like some pple would hv done. If the VP slot is being given to SW as being speculated; then ceding it to Ekiti/Ondo zone is a very wise decision so as to gain maximum vote from the SW and brk Mimiko's hold. I forsee Akeredolu/Sen. Borrofice being giving the ticket. But whichever way Tambuwal will definitely give GEJ serious headache and run for his money! Very wise move by APC as regards the Presidential slot! Yes; we love Tambuwal!!!
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by confusion247(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Well..

You all had 8 years.. In the 8 years sef, Obasanjo ordered an attack of genocidal proportion on the South-South town of Odi.. Yet!! Nobody kicked him out..

The North have always ruled Nigeria.. Over 35 years and yet they still dont want to wait for the buck to pass around to them..

Now that a SOuth-South man is there who frankly isnt worst than the former guys who have been there, now you want to unseat him after 4 years?! Hmmm.. I'm all for voting without ethinic bias, but this shii!t is just wrong..

I will give the SOuth-South their chance, give the East their chance, give the Middle-belt their chance before returning it to the North..

Tambruwal should park well..
Remain Blessed for saying the truth. I am sure all this conspiracy will disintegrate Nigeria and peace will reign.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Olril18(m): 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
deshclones: Goodluck really needs to explain to nigerians the kind of luck following him since birth...the guy is extremely lucky walahi...

if this is all the opposition can come up with...then i can confidently say GEJ till 2019...no shakes...infact GEJ doesn't need to campaign self...his victory is so sure if this is all APC can come up with....its like taking a candy from a child....

foolish statement...like uve gone round nigeria to sample people's opinion...u are obviously a dunce
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Olril18(m): 9:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
giles14: even wit fashola.must d muslim rule dis country,it was desame problem CAR and south sudan are having.i tink nigeria may not last up till 2019
u are a mor*n for d trash u spew above...
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by gp6liveth(m): 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
I am a good supporter of Gej but what I just noticed is that the APC will fail in 2015 becos they just zone out the only credible element-Fashola.

Even the dead bodies can attest that APC has no credible candidate to field come 2015.

Carry go Gej till 2019.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
My observations...
1.so the north thinks no one else is good enough for presidency but them.

2. So they can even offer the owners of the party vice presidency and say it's a favour...hehehe

3. So the SE/SS produced a president once respectively and are already considered bad rulers but the Fulanis have ruled this country with gross
negligence and monumental incompetence and are deemed better than all.

4. So the North has assumed Amaechi is good enough for VP but no president, and has also assumed his people will vote for him instead of president who is also theirs. Hmmmm I'm still observing.
We shall see
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by ichidodo: 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
odua boy: But i thought the ibos were the majority in lagos according to ibo nairalanders.
We are so plentiful that we could actually swing votes to any gubernatorial candidate we like
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by TechWalker007: 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
nutarious:

Bro, you are right for all u said except that u assumed what they said is why Gej did not perform. I was @ his numerous manifestos, starting from ur state. please be truthful in answering me , have u felt federal prescence?. Am in lag, I say no...........is it adamu that is stopping him from doing what he wS voted for in SW, SE,MIDDLE BELT. U want to be president but u don't have the tech know how.pls face the truth and stop making excuses for him, a good leader will do his best.let me highlight some

Is it adaMU

1-that stop oduah's investigation
2-that allow his advisors tofight everybody who oppose him
3-that increase oil price
4-that allow nnpc operate wtout monitoring
5- that dint perform to woo the masses
6-that allow patience to use executive powers
7-that said igbos are the strength behind his administration
8-that favors se and ss more for executive posts

Pls this list is long, forget what buhari said. Same buhari threatened obj 2003.................

Pls its an open secret, he can't rule us. We need someone else
Big fat lie at the bolded.
I'm in Lag too and I have felt Federal Presence.
The rail from Apapa to Kano, the Apapa Oshodi Exp way reconstruction, the de-congestion of Apapa port, power has been better under GEJ, when was the last time you queued to get fuel, kero or diesel?
The renovation of MMIA.

1 Like

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by funshint(m): 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
Olril18:
u are a mor*n for d trash u spew above...
Infact a very big mor*n. What's my biz with whether the President is a muslim/christian... forget religion U̶̲̥̅̊'re either good or bad. What we're looking for is purposeful leadership which GEJ has failed to give. Even as a xtian its total rubbish and a lie from the pit of hell to assume that its a xtian that will save dis country. Go to Lagos state; the modern day template for development was laid down by Fashola who's a non-xtian. So those raising religion sentiments shld pls just shut-up all we need is Equality, Justice and Development.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by oduaboy1: 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
ichidodo: We are so plentiful that we could actually swing votes to any gubernatorial candidate we like
Yet the minority(yorubas)is deporting the majority(yiibos)isn't that funny.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Sammybuks: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
this is just the beginning they will soon kill them selves. Gej all the way. http://www.naijaclickguru..com
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Olril18(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
odua boy: But i thought the ibos were the majority in lagos according to ibo nairalanders.
lolz..igbos are delusional lots.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Olril18(m): 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
ichidodo: We are so plentiful that we could actually swing votes to any gubernatorial candidate we like

typical daydreaming ibo.plenty than yorubas on their own land?
u are a bufoon.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Olril18(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ada Nri1: My observations...
1.so the north thinks no one else is good enough for presidency but them.

2. So they can even offer the owners of the party vice presidency and say it's a favour...hehehe

3. So the SE/SS produced a president once respectively and are already considered bad rulers but the Fulanis have ruled this country with gross
negligence and monumental incompetence and are deemed better than all.

4. So the North has assumed Amaechi is good enough for VP but no president, and has also assumed his people will vote for him instead of president who is also theirs. Hmmmm I'm still observing.
We shall see

the people/region who will determine the next president of nigeria is the north,painful,but fact whether u like it or not....jonathan is nigeria president because the north then also gave him their support...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Cutting His Hair In A Public Barber's Shop (pics) / Former President And Wife Leave For Otuoke( Picture) / Remi Tinubu Can Never Be First Lady Of Nigeria - Nigerians Tackle Tinubu's Wife

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.