Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,245 members, 7,897,291 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:29 AM

Divorced Women In Nigeria - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorced Women In Nigeria (15299 Views)

Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
hmmm....
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
pickabeau1: hmmm....
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
OP that's the Nigerian mentality for you.
Some women would rather die in the marriage than try to save their necks if need be.
Everybody knows marriage is a wonderful thing.
But when it's so bad that there is no respite in sight and maybe it's even bad to the point of one's life being in danger,won't the sensible thing be a divorce?
Kai I said something like that in one of my threads and it wasn't funny grin
See attacks on moi. Dem wan kill me with insult.
Most were of the mindset that even if your husband is punching you to death,stay there and keep [b]PRAYING[/b]for him to change(while waiting for your death) hehehe.
Naija I hail.

PS abum nwafor naijiria (I'm a nigerian born n bred n living in nigeria)
Gotta say The truth tho.

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ladygogo: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
mu che che mu che che mu che che. grin cheesy
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
Oku n sunkun oku akasholeri nsunkun ara won. Obo n gbobo gope.

Pot calling kettle black. Hypocrites calling hypocrites hypocrites ..... Don't you just love Nigerians?

One BIG family cheesy

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by nitlad: 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ewuro707: Oku n sunkun oku akasholeri nsunkun ara won. Obo n gbobo gope.

Pot calling kettle black. Hypocrites calling hypocrites hypocrites ..... Don't you just love Nigerians?

One BIG family cheesy

Orisabunmi kaabo. . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
nitlad:

Orisabunmi kaabo. . . cheesy cheesy

Emi Lon kesi grin obirin gbogbo ara Kiki ijongbongbongbon grin

It's time I come back to forum games section, I miss Jbluv & co grin
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by bellong: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
Peace be still........
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by vanitty: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
My dear, it is simple. misery loves company. You have no business being divorced and happy whereas they are married and miserable.
Even double whammy, the husbands that insist their subservient wives not to be associated with divorcees. They know they know the wives might just gain some senses and grow wings.

Marriage in itself na journey, every year we make it, We no the kinda thanks We give to God! Will it make sense for us now to be looking down at others! Some put in even more effort and it doesn't work out. I am convinced that if you are truly happy, you want every other person to be happy. Simples.! Just take the looking down as them being envious in disguise jare.

5 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by bellong: 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
The looking down on others syndrome is not restricted to divorce women alone. You will be looked down on if you do anything regarded as against the norm of cultural or religious practise.

Like you have been told, give no attention to them. Forget what is in the past, look forward to the happiness and fulfillment ahead. Do you plan to remarry?

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by soulglo: 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
pslm23: Happy New Year dear NL folks! I have a burning question that I hope a matured person or persons can shed some light on.

why is that Nigeria women tend to look down on other women who are divorced? In other countries, who cares if you are divorced or married? who cares if you get pregnant one month or one year after marriage? The kind of pressure put on women here is unbelievable! But what irks me to no end is how these hoity toity pompous women treat women who are divorced as if they are going straight to hell or like they are lepers!
I know the Bible frowns upon divorce but the Bible also frowns upon hundreds of things that we are all guilty of committing! As far as I'm concerned, any woman who is bold enough to walk out of an abusive relationship or marriage deserves an award in Nigeria not condemnation!
Then there is the other pressure put on women who are yet to get pregnant after marriage, the way they start getting evil and strange snickering looks from the "fertile" peers barely 6 months into their marriage is absolutely sickening. Not only are they getting pressure from their family (in-laws) but when their neighbors, church women etc start making subtle references as to the state of their flat tummy leaves me to wonder why?

A good looking divorced woman might be a bigger threat than a never married woman. The hating might simply be that married woman sees her as a threat. In Nigeria a divorced woman might be more likely to settle into the second wife role than a single woman especially if the man really wants to take care of her and her kids. I can see why the average Nigerian woman would be very hostile to a divorced woman. As for those that are cruel to a woman that is yet to be pregnant.... well a happy woman would not be worried about what is going on in another woman's womb to the point of being mean about it. She has to have some serious unhappiness in her life and to make herself feel better she points to another woman that she imagines has to be unhappy. At the end of the day people who constantly sit in judgement of others tend not to be happy with themselves. Rather than hold their heads down and feel sad I think divorced women or couples dealing with infidelity issues should walk tall and proud. I am sure it will kill those that just want to see them unhappy but that is one way to change the narrative. You can be happy and divorced. You can be happy and childless.

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by ladygogo: 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
vanitty: My dear, it is simple. misery loves company. You have no business being divorced and happy whereas they are married and miserable.
Even double whammy, the husbands that insist their subservient wives not to be associated with divorcees. They know they know the wives might just gain some senses and grow wings.

Marriage in itself na journey, every year we make it, We no the kinda thanks We give to God! Will it make sense for us now to be looking down at others! Some put in even more effort and it doesn't work out. I am convinced that if you are truly happy, you want every other person to be happy. Simples.! Just take the looking down as them being envious in disguise jare.

THIS! Drops a coin in the collection plate. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
jennykadry:

Actually lets start it cos that rant up there was so uncalled for...was it not the same reason why I started a thread about NIN's being unnecessarily jealous of the NID's? Read Ypepe's post and tell me it's not filled with so much bitterness and hate...How many NID's go ahead criticising a good marriage? how many times have we made fun of people's marriage? if she is so jealous and needs to leave the shores ofNigeria let her say so and be done with it.

The problem NID's have with nigeria is the lack of good government, the government has refused to favour it's citizens, so why blame citizens that choose to stay where they are well represented and cared for?

Just a few days ago I had a chat to a friend of mine in Nigeria who is unable to afford hospital bills and that made me weep, why should I go back to a country with poor health care system when all I have to do here is go to the hospital spend as many days as I like and come out without paying a dime? why should I go back to Nigeria and settle when ASUU just recently called off a 6 month strike?

The above problems are what we in diaspora are complaining about not some nonsense about married couples in the west. I read stories like Subzidi who is a Nigerian married to a nigerian and living in Nigeria and I admire and respect her marriage. I have sisters who choose to live in Nigeria and are happily married there...IF I and my beloved immediate family refuse to live in Nigeria or come celebrate our marriage in Nigeria, why would another woman born of a woman come in here and chat shyt angry That post of Ypepe reeks of jealousy and hate and hypocrisy and envy and and....freaking damnation angry and this is coming from someone who preaches peace on this section? I am so fvking disappointed angry hypocrisy I say bloody hypocrisy

sorry oh, but please what is NID and NIN I guess i have been away too long
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by bellong: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
pslm23:

NID: Nigerians In Diaspora

NIN: Nigerians In Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by coogar: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
pslm23:

nigerians in diaspora
nigerians in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 10:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mu che che che
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by mgbeketoto: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
lorretta u: OP that's the Nigerian mentality for you.
Some women would rather die in the marriage than try to save their necks if need be.
Everybody knows marriage is a wonderful thing.
But when it's so bad that there is no respite in sight and maybe it's even bad to the point of one's life being in danger,won't the sensible thing be a divorce?
Kai I said something like that in one of my threads and it wasn't funny grin
See attacks on moi. Dem wan kill me with insult.
Most were of the mindset that even if your husband is punching you to death,stay there and keep [b]PRAYING[/b]for him to change(while waiting for your death) hehehe.
Naija I hail.

PS abum nwafor naijiria (I'm a nigerian born n bred n living in nigeria)
Gotta say The truth tho.

Are you sure you REALLY got married less than a month ago?
Or are you married to NL like MOST OF US? wink
Just saying. . . . .HOPE YOU AIN'T ONE OF DEM FLAKY-FOLAKES ON THIS THREAD and all over NL? tongue
You are one strrrrrrrange 'newly-wed'! Even by "EBAY marriage standards"! cheesy
Abi you wanna spend ya honey moon on NL too?
Beware! You sef go soon smell DIVORCE! grin

* hope those pics are really yours. i smmmmell 419. just a huanch *wink

3 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
Lol. Fake ko
Fake ni. Hubby don travel. Na lonliness dey keep me on NL.

God forbid the divorce thing jare.
U sef na wa to you. Your first and second marriage na Ebay marriage? smiley smiley How do u knw about that?

Anyway I didn't know people do 419 marriage o. Y na?

mgbeketoto:

Are you sure you REALLY got married less than a month ago?
Or are you married to NL like MOST OF US? wink
Just saying. . . . .HOPE YOU AIN'T ONE OF DEM FLAKY-FOLAKES ON THIS THREAD and all over NL? tongue
You are one strrrrrrrange 'newly-wed'! Even by "EBAY marriage standards"! cheesy
Abi you wanna spend ya honey moon on NL too?
Beware! You sef go soon smell DIVORCE! grin

* hope those pics are really yours. i smmmmell 419. just a huanch *wink
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by mgbeketoto: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
lorretta u: Lol. Fake ko
Fake ni. Hubby don travel. Na lonliness dey keep me on NL.

God forbid the divorce thing jare.
U sef na wa to you. Your first and second marriage na Ebay marriage? smiley smiley How do u knw about that?

Anyway I didn't know people do 419 marriage o. Y na?

Hmmmmmm!
You know I get experience plenty-plenty ke?
You mean the other SECRET marriages for Yankee land we take make "money" those days ? tongue
Reaaaaaal EBAY MARRIAGES O! wink
Who wan DIE of poverty with a travelling after marriage spouse of 2 weeks NO HONEYMOON for NAIJA likey ya? grin

Poor you! NL go cure ya "LONLINESS' gaaaaaan! cheesy

Mu HA ha ha ha ha
Don't believe everything I write with these fingers DARLING! grin
THIS IS AMERICA!!! Not NIGERIA!!!
Good luck to you and that ya HUNGR-LOOKING NIGERIAN MARRIAGE PICTURES! Make you try feed that man sha-sha! Instead of EATING ALL THE FOOD IN THE HOUSE! Look ya nyansh HABA!!!!! shocked

Ahem! Back to topic!

Ha!!! Marriage is beaurrrrriful o!!!!
Even if Na less than one month without the groom at home! HA!!! Na wah for "THE RUNAWAY GROOOOOOM" o! cheesy

Mu che che che che che

OP! You dey READ? grin
Grooooom don run ooooooooh!
Welcome to AWON DIEVORCE before HONEY MOON PLC OF NL!!!!

Bhaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2014
You dey find gist?
Sorry no show for my mouth. tongue tongue
Goodnight. Sleep calling me.
mgbeketoto:

Hmmmmmm!
You know I get experience plenty-plenty ke?
You mean the other SECRET marriages for Yankee land wet wey we take make "money" ? tongue
Reaaaaaal EBAY MARRIAGES O! wink
Who wan DIE of poverty with a travelling after marriage spouse of 2 weeks NO HONEYMOON for NAIJA likey ya? grin

Poor you!

Mu HA ha ha ha ha
Don't believe everything I write with these fingers DARLING! grin
THIS IS AMERICA!!! Not NIGERIA!!!
Good luck to you.

Nice thread!!!

Ha!!! Marriage is beaurrrrriful o!!!!
Even if Na less than one month without the groom at home! HA!!! Na wah for "THE RUNAWAY GROOOOOOM" o! cheesy

Mu che che che che che

OP! You dey READ? grin
Grooooom don run ooooooooh!
Welcome to AWON DIEVORCE before HONEY MOON PLC OF NL!!!!

Bhaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 09, 2014
Mgbeke one quick question: will you ever leave this your beloved America for Nigeria permanently?
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 09, 2014
coogar:

nigerians in diaspora
nigerians in nigeria

Coogar is alive? why have't I seen you around? shocked
Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by mgbeketoto: 12:14am On Jan 09, 2014
lorretta u: You dey find gist?
Sorry no show for my mouth. tongue tongue
Goodnight. Sleep calling me.

Mba nu!!!

Siddon for NL dey do "MARRIAGE IS SWWWWEEET"!
NL GO SOOON SHOW YOU WHIIIIIIIIIIIIN for both ears! kiss
Siddon for NL dey make noise from thread to thread you YEAR?

Dem go soon hellep you celebrate your DIEvorce laff ya azzzzzzze wella-wella! cheesy
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiior!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by mgbeketoto: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2014
jennykadry: Mgbeke one quick question: will you ever leave this your beloved America for Nigeria permanently?

NEVERRRRRRRR! kiss
NOT EVEN IN A CASKET!!!! kiss
If I am deported, I will move to GHANA! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 09, 2014
You be winsh?
Wetin be this ur divorce prophesy for me?
And totally uncalled for by the wAy.
Mtchew.
Haba. Abeg e do joor.
Or you think I take half of the dimwits on NL seriously?

See madam noise maker international saying a quiet person is making noise.
Hehehe. So funny. Goodnight joor
mgbeketoto:

Mba nu!!!

Siddon for NL dey do "MARRIAGE IS SWWWWEEET"!
NL GO SOOON SHOW YOU WHIIIIIIIIIIIIN for both ears! kiss
Siddon for NL dey make noise from thread to thread you YEAR?

Dem go soon hellep you celebrate your DIEvorce laff ya azzzzzzze wella-wella! cheesy
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiior!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Divorced Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 09, 2014
mgbeketoto:

NEVERRRRRRRR! kiss
NOT EVEN IN A CASKET!!!! kiss
If I am deported, I will move to GHANA! kiss

Lmao grin grin grin
Me sef wey dey one kain village lyk dt, d mere fact dt I have constant electricity, water and internet don dey make me plan my no-return ticket! undecided

Nigeria is a beautiful place and I am proud of d country but some tinz no just be it. There are wonderful tinz abt d country but somethings are nothing close to wonderful! Looking down on a divorcee is definitely not one of the wonderfuls!

@mgbeke, why do I like the 2014 version of you more?

Phew, u scared me with that ur New year gift to Nairaland! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway 2018 Awareness Thread / Bride Price; What Purpose? Who Benefits? / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.