Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? (1933 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Show Ladies Are In Control Of Their Lives / Did I Betray My Friend? / She Came With 3 Friends To Meet Me At The Eatery - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by sydney007(m): 7:09am On Jan 08, 2014
One of the most important things that binds best friends is the freedom to share secrets with each other and be sure it will never be exposed. If a best friend exposes the secrets of another, it is an unmitigated betrayal but are there cases that deserves and exception?

My best friend(18) recently confided in me that his girl friend(19) was pregnant for him. He told me the secret was burdensome and he had to share with someone, he picked me as his best friend because he was sure I will never tell anyone. He further told me that they were in the planning stages of carrying out an abortion. Now this is incredibly scary, I know both his parents and his girlfriend's parents, and they know mine. We are more or else, inter family friends. The taught of an abortion scares me, firstly I'm against baby murder, and secondly I have been imagining the worse possible senerios, death,destroyed womb,etc and in the event of any of this happening, I won't forgive myself knowing I knew all along about the abortion and did nothing about it, what will my parents say if they find out and knew but said nothing? How will I live with myself knowing I played a role in the death of an innocent baby. I have asked my friend and his girl to reconsider their decision but they are resolute. Now, I have been debating within myself if I should report the whole thing to their parents. They might be angry with me but someday, they'll know I saved them from danger and a grave mistake. Or should I just mind my buisness, respect the trust they have in me as a friends, look the other way and hope the abortion goes well without anyone finding out?
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Dygeasy(m): 7:19am On Jan 08, 2014
See Their Ages 18/19. Are They Ready To Be Parents? Can They Be Parents? Abortion Is Bad, Yeah. Bringing An Innocent Child To Suffer And To Lack Matured Parental Care, What Do You Say To That?

There Your Decision Lies.

Or They Could Tell Their Parents If They'd Agree To Assist In Bringing Up The Child.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by sEGXY2(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2014
Guy chill down nobody go find,out just play their game wit them.Except if u wan be traitor.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Sepp360(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2014
Whats your fucking business? Ooohh!... Because yhu were told huh?...

Yhu've done the best thing yhu could by advising the both of them!.. Thats enough for now!.. B the way, even if they finally succumb to your threat and decided to bring that child into this world on such harsh grounds, yhu wouldn't be there to help them out!...
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by sydney007(m): 7:55am On Jan 08, 2014
Sepp360: Whats your fucking business? Ooohh!... Because yhu were told huh?...

Yhu've done the best thing yhu could by advising the both of them!.. Thats enough for now!.. B the way, even if they finally succumb to your threat and decided to bring that child into this world on such harsh grounds, yhu wouldn't be there to help them out!...
harsh grounds? Did'nt they think of that when having fun? If one is old enough to have sex, you should be responsible enough to take care on the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 08, 2014
If you want to report,just report. But tell your friends about the dangers of abortion. Not all girls survive it. Becoming parents is not a good issue at their stage. Didn't they know this things when they were twisting and thumbling?

Don't be the person to voice out their problems to their parents rather you tell your friends that whatever decision they take, your hands are clean.... A real friend will not support a bad decision but can opt out of it and claim he doesnt know a thing...its not pretence but to show they've made a wrong decision.
My dear, its their issue, leave them to deal with it.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 08, 2014
sydney007: harsh grounds? Did'nt they think of that when having fun? If one is old enough to have sex, you should be responsible enough to take care on the consequences.

I see that you really want to betray them... You're only asking this question here because you want a reason to justify it.

Your friend confided in you a matter like this.. The best you can do is what you've done: advice. Anything more than that is betrayal.

Ohh.. I see... You wanted the girl for yourself, and you're hurt she went with him instead..

1 Like

Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by 190daclown: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2014
Teens of these days na God go save una undecided
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by delighted10: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2014
@op my candid advice will be to STRONGLY advice your friend not to commit abortion. Don't be the one to tell their parents. It's betrayal.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Onyiclassic(f): 8:49am On Jan 08, 2014
Well if am to say....they are just teenzzz n way too young to b parent...it would affect dia education ..... Abortion is illegal in naija BT legal someoda place ...so let dem carry out medical abortion if its still an early pregnancy cos surgical is too risky n could damage womb..op tell no one cos I don't see her dieing...wish em luck
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by 190daclown: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2014
how much is condom sef?

damn kids undecided
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Sepp360(m): 8:54am On Jan 08, 2014
wordsbase:

I see that you really want to betray them... You're only asking this question here because you want a reason to justify it.

Your friend confided in you a matter like this.. The best you can do is what you've done: advice. Anything more than that is betrayal.

Ohh.. I see... You wanted the girl for yourself, and you're hurt she went with him instead..
Forget that "IJIOT"... Yhu even get time to dey reply am!...
Thats the kinda people that always seek for cheap public attention!... Mr.Saint!... Na him holy pass!
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by 190daclown: 8:58am On Jan 08, 2014
Sepp360: Forget that "IJIOT"... Yhu even get time to dey reply am!...
Thats the kinda people that always seek for cheap public attention!... Mr.Saint!... Na him holy pass!
grin grin grin
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by tiwalademi(f): 9:05am On Jan 08, 2014
[b][/b]Please mind ur business,
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Ultimate7(m): 9:07am On Jan 08, 2014
He will surely put a hole in your head.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by castielo(m): 9:51am On Jan 08, 2014
sydney007: harsh grounds? Did'nt they think of that when having fun? If one is old enough to have sex, you should be responsible enough to take care on the consequences.

ok.. dude.. I must commend you, you've done well.. you av a good conscience. Abortion, the way I see, is the same thing as murder. Your friends took the devil's bait.. allow them to face wateva consequence comes. Now.. u've done ur best ok, u've adviced them. Rest ur conscience.

many peeps here don't undastand wat you goin tru.. If eventually, anytin happens to dat chica, you'll lose ur peace becoz u'll somhow feel responsible for her death. but hey, diz is a devil versus deep blue sea kinda scenario.. so be wise.

I'll advise u talk them into meeting a counselor.

damn kids! undecided
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 08, 2014
Abortion is not murder, and any baby in the womb is not of independence existence until delivery. Its wise to abort due to their age, they are incapable of raising a family.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by FoxyFlow(m): 10:40am On Jan 08, 2014
If they want to abort, let them abort. Sake of say he tell you no mean say him need your opinion. All you need to do is stand strong by his side.

You self, your amebo too much, you carry the matter come Nairaland. Dude, you just betrayed him angry angry angry
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by castielo(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2014
Billyonaire: Abortion is not murder.
I disagree.. but lets not argue it.

Billyonaire: Its wise to abort due to their age, they are incapable of raising a family.
They are incapable no doubt.. but we av motherless homes. they could place the child in foster care.

**To every action there is equal and opposite reaction ("Law of consequence" ).
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by esbjaygmailco(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2014
i like ur courage guy, u'v done well. pls still advice them not to try abortion, apart from the chances bn 50/50, they should equally consider the future of that innocent baby. pls advice them more and God will help you.................. my mum once told me similar story, she got married at a very early age........... bla bla bla...............ppl advice her to abort she said no and stood her ground after few months she put to bed (bouncing baby boy) though raising him up then was not easy,.........today he is a medical doctor, built house for my mum buy her car and place her on monthly salary and so on.............imagine she yielded to advice then............................PLS help save that baby's life
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Newkidoo(m): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2014
Tell their parents.. I hate abortion no matter what.. I pity stupid fellows of nowadays.. there is condom and many other ways to prevent pregnancy.. pregnancy comes, the next thing is abortion....
!! Guy abeg tell their parents Now.. I mean Now now as u r seeing this.. just run and go tell their parents!! Now now now!!
Don't listen to d f**ls telling u abortion is not murder.. abortion is 100% murder... Go and tell their parents pls and pls.. kids are d best thing to happen to a family.. I love kids and let them b born no matter wat!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by sydney007(m): 11:31am On Jan 08, 2014
wordsbase:

the last part of your comment was incredibly myopic, disappionting and frankly offensive!!
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by sydney007(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2014
Foxy_Flow: If they want to abort, let them abort. Sake of say he tell you no mean say him need your opinion. All you need to do is stand strong by his side.

You self, your amebo too much, you carry the matter come Nairaland. Dude, you just betrayed him angry angry angry
last time I checked nairaland is an anonymous, faceless forum.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Dubemkelly(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2014
U've given them ur own piece of d circumstance,let sleeping dogs lie...Abortion can't be an option,she won't be d 1st to have a baby out of wedlock neither would she be d last, I advise,dey keep the baby whether good or bad,d only thing dat has no solution is DEATH, its gonna get better in d future,dey should look beyond now,I don't think its necessary 4 u to tell der parents,if its ok with dem,dey shud do d telling not u
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by sydney007(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2014
castielo:

ok.. dude.. I must commend you, you've done well.. you av a good conscience. Abortion, the way I see, is the same thing as murder. Your friends took the devil's bait.. allow them to face wateva consequence comes. Now.. u've done ur best ok, u've adviced them. Rest ur conscience.

many peeps here don't undastand wat you goin tru.. If eventually, anytin happens to dat chica, you'll lose ur peace becoz u'll somhow feel responsible for her death. but hey, diz is a devil versus deep blue sea kinda scenario.. so be wise.

I'll advise u talk them into meeting a counselor.

damn kids! undecided
I thank you very much for tapping into how I feel..and recognise what a life changing decision I'm making. A lot of people condeming me here as a sell out don't recognise the fact that I'm now in a triangular secret. If anything go wrong, I cannot live with myself.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Symphony007: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Report them to their parents immediately. If those cold blooded murderers had made a decision to murder their child, then they should have mind their buuisness and done it on their own, telling you opened a can of worms and put you in a place you should'nt. Report them!! If you don't you are complacent and a full blown accessory to infacticide(child murder) and if that ghastly girl dies or complication arises, your friend won't hesitate to sell you out and you would be a disappiontment to your parents and might even be looking at jail time, now is that a sensible gamble to play with your life for a stuupid and promiscuous friend? You owe him and his foul girlfriend nothing, you owe that unborn baby a chance at life. What matters more to you? Loyalty to foolish,foul friends or the opportunity to save a life?

Futhermore, you are to break up your friendship with that your so called "bestfriend". A beast who wants to murder his first child on earth does'nt deserve the friendship or companionship of any warm blooded human being.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
They want to drag themselves to the endless pit of damnation, tell this to their parents or they will drag you in with them.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
wordsbase:

Guy, I've been engineering every bad words to tell you. Kai! Oooh. . . . . . . . You are a devil in disguise, you're evil. I'd shot you he i set my eyes on you! Damn you!!!
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by Afrok(m): 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
Raw sex leads to raw results nd puts others (friends) in raw situations. Imagine dey didn't tell U dt dey're gonna av sex without protections ( condom or contraceptive) which it's obvious from ur post U would've discouraged dem, but now dey've put U in a tight corner dt can make U look like an accomplice to d abortion. Continue to talk dem out of d abortion plans, make dem understand U ar not in support of it nd wotever happens ur conscience is free.
Looking at it from another angle, it'll be difficult keeping dt baby. I wish U nd dem all d best.
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by chukwuinya: 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
if telling their parents will help save that baby and save them both of any future danger why not go ahead tell their parents. If u truly love them then u should b more concerned with their future happiness rather than the now,it may hurt them now bt tomorow they will reap the joy n happiness . PLS TELL THEIR PARENTS i am begging u in the name of my GOD
Re: Should I Betray My Friends To Save Them From Destroying Their Lives? by dopeJemi: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
sydney, "which one is I cannot live with myself" na u impregnate the girL?

U've advised them not to do it right? Fine.. U've done ur best.. U still won't be abLe to live with yourself if you tell their parents cause your friends won't forgive you.. You were not there when they had sex, you shouldn't be there when they are contemplating on carrying on with the abortion.. its their cross not yours, Let them carry it, you have nothing to do with it, you have no hand in it, STAY OUT OF IT, that's the best you can do not to hurt anybody

And again, meet your friend, tell him about the whoLe abortion thing, Tell him what might happen, tell him to try telling his parents, if he refuses, then tell him not to involve you when the situation gets out of hand cause you did your best as a friend

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Fall In Love Again?????please Help / All Women Are Prostitutes~opinion. / Girls Law........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.