Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,960 members, 7,906,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

Movies You Walked Out On! - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movies You Walked Out On! (9976 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Best Movies You Watch As a Child / Movies You Don't Ever Want To See Again And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by JeSoul(f): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2008
Gamine:

hahaha

one mans pot of Banga na another man's. . . . .
  hehe indeed my sista

Queenisha:

I've never walked out on a movie but one movie I remember that had a scene that took way too long was Titanic drowning scene
I almost walked out
I couldn't wait for the loverboy to drown so we could head on home for  some jollof rice.

wow you are cold girl, cold . . . smiley

jack . . . jack . . . I'll never let go . . . grin
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2008
WHAT!!!!!!!!!
Napoleon Dynamite is CLASSIC!!!
I love that movie to the CORE.
I have watched a count of 57 times.
It is so HILARIOUS.
Especially the part with the tater tots. LMAO!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2008
Seun:

Wrong. If you've made a mistake, it's better to admit it and move on.
Staying until the end of a bad movie won't automagically make it a good movie. wink

A true movie buff loves movies for too many reasons to walk out on any! However, movie buffs screen movies, to weed out the chaff before taking that glorious step of buying the ticket.

You don't make those kinds of mistakes - that's left to the starters to make.

What movie buffs do before going to the I-MAX:
1. Read the reviews from local papers or online joints
2. Actually see a preview of the movie (seeing the previews should be part of your DNA already!)
3. Call up your movie homies and ask them what they think of the movie (if two or more say "let's just wait for the DVD", just may consider fashieing the movie)
4. Choose a date to see it (opening night is preferable)
5. Buy tickets early for those gynomous blockbusters (The Lord of the Rings, Iron-Man, Spider-Man, The Dark Night, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.). Consider buying it online also.
6. Arrive early, support the local economy by buying expensive pop-corns and soda.
7. Get a seat, relax and savor the beauty of many hours of hard work by countless many artists, software developers, costume experts, sound engineers, etc. etc. etc.

Why would any self-respecting movie buff walk out on a movie?
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by JeSoul(f): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!
Napoleon Dynamite is CLASSIC!!!
I love that movie to the CORE.
I have watched a count of 57 times.
It is so HILARIOUS.
Especially the part with the tater tots. LMAO!
yeah classicly horrible! Some movies are stupid and come off funny, but this was plain stupid. Sorry.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by JeSoul(f): 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

A true movie buff loves movies for too many reasons to walk out on any! However, movie buffs screen movies, to weed out the chaff before taking that glorious step of buying the ticket.

2. Actually see a preview of the movie (seeing the previews should be part of your DNA already!)
3. Call up your movie homies and ask them what they think of the movie (if two or more say "let's just wait for the DVD", just may consider fashieing the movie)
5. Buy tickets early for those gynomous blockbusters (The Lord of the Rings, Iron-Man, Spider-Man, The Dark Night, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.). Consider buying it online also.
6. Arrive early, support the local economy by buying expensive pop-corns and soda.
7. Get a seat, relax and savor the beauty of many hours of hard work by countless many artists, software developers, costume experts, sound engineers, etc. etc. etc.

what is all this tori & drama just to watch a simple movie?
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2008
Gamine:

hahaha

one mans pot of Banga na another man's. . . . .

My sister, I taya for all these people way dey go watch movie with vex. Walk out of movie ke?
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2008
JeSoul:

what is all this tori & drama just to watch a simple movie?

The ritual that will gurantee that you don't walk out of ANY movie!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2008
JeSoul:

yeah classicly horrible! Some movies and stupid and come off funny, but this was plain stupid. Sorry.
I dont know about you but that is one of my favorite movies,next to John Q.

RichyBlacK:

You are obviously cheap or really obsessive about movies.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by JeSoul(f): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

I don't know about you but that is one of my favorite movies,next to John Q.
I give you props on John Q . . .

The end of the movie after he left the court and he son was flexing his muscles at him as he was driven away in the police car - beautiful!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by KarmaMod(f): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2008
Walking out on a movie demonstrates some glaring flaws:
1. Poor judgment in assessing the movie (basic movie data, reading reviews, synopses, etc.) prior to buying the tickets

Well I guess that's why Im a film buff grin

I check out movies VERY well before I see them. I usually even know about them when they are still in production. ;Tickets are too expensive to just use on garbage.

I got a free movie ticket recently from AMC and it's gona be used on Tropic Thunder tongue

Oh and Titanic is overrated junk
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

WHAT!!!!!!!
Titanic is down right THE BEST MOVIE EVER,
well next to the Passion of Christ
But still it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!
And no movie has come close to its sells yet
From start to finish, heart throbbing
I don't care how many times you watch,
You still pray the boat doesn't sink.

1 Like

Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by KarmaMod(f): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2008

While I agree with SOME of your list, Richy. I dont agree with this one. Alot of my friends watch garbage. Garbage that I wouldnt watch with them. I dont trust them to tell me movie is good.

They all yell at me enough that I dont watch enough "black movies". Not gonna expose myself to crapola all in the name of appearing "loyal" to my race. Tell them to make decent movies and maybe I'll take them seriously. shio
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Sisikill: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

No self-respecting movie buff would walk out on a movie!

Lol, nope. . . I disagree!

Walking out on a movie demonstrates some glaring flaws:

Poor judgment in assessing the movie (basic movie data, reading reviews, synopses, etc.) prior to buying the tickets

Relying on basic movie data, reading reviews, synopsis is a cop out. . . .short cut, if you ask me. Nope, no self-respecting movie buff will rely on what other people say or what the producers of the movie shove down your throat via synopsis.

You call yourself a movie buff, how about doing the work yourself?

Poor attention span

Hmmm, okay let say you are used to eating nice imported rice, then one day you get served Tuwo. . . not tuwo prepared by an expert tuwo maker, some little girl who wants to play house prepared this tuwo. You'll blame your poor taste bud, right coz there is no way it could be the shoddy work that went into it preparing it.

Difficulty in appreciating novel art forms

Tee hee hee. . .please tell me what was novely arty about Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever? This was the movie that turned me into a freaking cry baby in the theater. I wept coz. . . not only did I waste money, I waste time. Never knew the true meaning of the phrase time is precious but what really did me in was that this movie made me doubt my intelligence. Now I'm not saying I am the brightest crayon in the box but come on now, I know some things. . . I can follow basic dialogue and whatnot yet for the 1st 30 mins of this movie, I actually believe there was nothing but air between my ears.

Inpatience (It's too long? See point 1.)
Impatience will be taking an easy way out (Rely on basic movie data, review and synopsis? See point 1. . . my point 1)

Unstable mindset and anxiety.
Yeah, some gawdawful movies do that to ya, how else will you explain the urge to kill someone after watching a movie? Oh wait. . . do you mean unstable mindset and anxiety before the movie? In that case, I disagree. Settling for less when you know you can get more. . . now that's unstable mindset, it clearly shows you don't know what you want. Anxiety is the fear that comes from having an unstable mind. . . should I? Should I not? Is it? is it not? Oh I don't know or do I? cry undecided
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by KarmaMod(f): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2008
really obsessive about movies.

That's the definition of a movie buff onyinye. Some of us truly are "obsesed" with movies. Well GOOD movies anyway

Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by KarmaMod(f): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

WHAT!!!!!!!
Titanic is down right THE BEST MOVIE EVER,
well next to the Passion of Christ
But still it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!
And no movie has come close to its sells yet
From start to finish, heart throbbing
I don't care how many times you watch,
You still pray the boat doesn't sink.

Meh. Overrated nonsense and Dark Knight is about to destroy Titanic's record. THANK GOD

If Kate Winslet didnt have such a big ass, she and Leo would have been able to share that plank of wood. If anything she's a murderer

Abegi jare. romantic fluff.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by JeSoul(f): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

Meh. Overrated nonsense and Dark Knight is about to destroy Titanic's record. THANK GOD

If Kate Winslet didnt have such a big ass, she and Leo would have been able to share thank plank of wood. If anything she's a murderer
ROTFLOL grin cheesy Gosh you just made me choke on my bar of snickers! cheesy
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2008
I just rather go see a movie without any opinion about it so i don't pay attention on Movie Critics.
If i see a movie I don't like, i either leave or endure it.
A movie ticket cost like what, 7.50 to 8 dollars?
I can easily go see another movie.
KarmaMod:

If Kate Winslet didnt have such a big ass, she and Leo would have been able to share that plank of wood. If anything she's a murderer

There is no way The Dark Knight will break Titanic's record. Titanic is an International movie. It is translated in 120 languages. The Dark Knight ke? I loved the movie, don't get me wrong in fact i watch that movie, Hancock and Wanted all on the same day and The Dark Knight was the Best.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Caliente(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2008
Me and My Man went to see the movie Atonement. We fell asleep in the theater. That was the last British film I will ever see in My Life.

[size=13pt]Atonement is a good movie, it's just that it has a tragic ending.[/size]
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by KarmaMod(f): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

I just rather go see a movie without any opinion about it so i don't pay attention on Movie Critics.
If i see a movie I don't like, i either leave or endure it.
A movie ticket cost like what, 7.50 to 8 dollars?
I can easily go see another movie.There is no way The Dark Knight will break Titanic's record. Titanic is an International movie. It is translated in 120 languages. The Dark Knight ke? I loved the movie, don't get me wrong in fact i watch that movie, Hancock and Wanted all on the same day and The Dark Knight was the Best.

Try $11.50-$12.75.

I suggest you look it up. Dark Knight is about to smash it. Internationally as well grin
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Sisikill: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2008
Queenisha:

I've never walked out on a movie but one movie I remember that had a scene that took way too long was Titanic drowning scene
I almost walked out.
I couldn't wait for the loverboy to drown so we could head on home for some jollof rice

For you young 'uns Titanic was out in 1999.
chei
I don old o

Rotflmao! Thank You!

I thot I was the only one who couldn't wait for Jack to drown already. I was like. . . I guess no one has a gun there. . . you know, to help move things along. One bullet straight at his bobbing head woulda sunk him faster than. . . well the Titanic.

The stupid yeye song "Everytime in my dreams, I see you, I feel you" did not help matters. If you are still gonna see & feel him your dreams, why the heck are we wasting time watching the two of you say the longest goodbye in the history of goodbyes? Ye God!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Queenisha: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

ROFL
Titanic was a great movie.
I still have the Video.
But that dying scene meeeeen
If someone wants to drown,they should just get it over with rather than prolong the whole thing
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

Try $11.50-$12.75.
I suggest you look it up. Dark Knight is about to smash it. Internationally as well  grin
DAYUM!!! A movie ticket cost that much up North?
Thank Goodness i live down South.
Dark Knight watever, PLEASE, Titanic is WAY better.
You can only watch Dark Knight once, then it loses its "zing".
While you can watch Titanic, numerous times and still pray the ship doesn't sink.

1 Like

Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

Well I guess that's why I'm a film buff grin

I check out movies VERY well before I see them. I usually even know about them when they are still in production. ;Tickets are too expensive to just use on garbage.

I got a free movie ticket recently from AMC and it's gona be used on Tropic Thunder tongue

Agree with you.

I never went to see that pathetic display of love in the theaters. My trusty VHS!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Thank Goodness i live down South.
While you can watch Titanic, numerous times and still pray the ship doesn't sink.

Cheap-ass wanabee buff shuddering at a meagre $12.75  grin

After you go dey call another pesin cheap - pot calling kettle black. Hissssssss.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Queenisha: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
Sisikill:

Rotflmao! Thank You!

I thot I was the only one who couldn't wait for Jack to drown already. I was like. . . I guess no one has a gun there. . . you know, to help move things along. One bullet straight at his bobbing head woulda sunk him faster than. . . well the Titanic.

The stupid yeye song "Everytime in my dreams, I see you, I feel you" did not help matters. If you are still going to see & feel him your dreams, why the heck are we wasting time watching the two of you say the longest goodbye in the history of goodbyes? Ye God!

Great minds think alike!
I still remember that day at the movies.
I was out of popcorn
out of m&m's
drink was now watery melted ice
and poor Jack was still clinging to dear life.
na so them dey take die?
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2008
Don't even get me started with Celin Dion's song
I will break down in tears when ever i hear song
Like i can feel the passion they had for each other flow through my soul
My Heart Will Go On
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by JeSoul(f): 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

It's $10.50 here in beantown . . . they upped the price of a bottle of water to $4.50 . . . since then I make my boyfriend carry a bottle of water in his back pocket or jacket  cheesy

For where? I am buying the dvd soon as its available and watching it 100 times! The best movie of 08!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Caliente(m): 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
[size=13pt]What will say about Meet The Spartans? that's garbage[/size]
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Cheap-ass wanabee buff shuddering at a meagre $12.75  grin
After you go dey call another pesin cheap - pot calling kettle black. Hissssssss.
You be snake now?
Whatever mayne, i have never spent that much money on one ticket in my life.
I aint like you who needs to check every source before i step into a movie
I go there for enjoyment
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Queenisha: 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2008
I love Tyler Perry movies.
I've never felt like walking out.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2008
I'm just saying Titanic will go down as
One of The BEST MOVIES EVER!!!!
It grossed, 1.8 billion dollars in North America alone
Dark Knight ke?
Please!!!!
What is a vilgante compared to a love story?
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by choongtin(f): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2008
how can anyone say amercian gangster is crap

are u dizzy??

thats a good movie maan,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings / How To Upgrade Channels On Free To Air Power Sat 4040a Decoder Machine / BBA Stargame: Goldie Up For Eviction - Do We Save Her Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.