Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,959 members, 7,906,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:30 PM

Movies You Walked Out On! - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movies You Walked Out On! (9976 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Best Movies You Watch As a Child / Movies You Don't Ever Want To See Again And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2008
choongtin:

how can anyone say amercian gangster is crap

are u dizzy??

thats a good movie maan,
That person obviously isn't into movies with wonderful plots and actors.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by JeSoul(f): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2008
choongtin:

how can anyone say amercian gangster is crap

are u dizzy??

thats a good movie maan,
onyinye2:

That person obviously isn't into movies with wonderful plots and actors.

Plots? actors? please! there was nuthin particularly fascinating about it. So he rose to fame and became a feared ruthless dealer, got arrested, got released . . . end of story
please American Gangsta was a waste of time and money, na so so blood and kill and sex, nothing intellectually stimulating.
I expected more maybe that's why I was so disappointed.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

I'm just saying Titanic will go down as
One of The BEST MOVIES EVER!!!!
It grossed, 1.8 billion dollars in North America alone
Dark Knight ke?
Please!!!!
What is a vilgante compared to a love story?

Nne biko cool down, that statistic you quoted is for "All-Time Worldwide Box office" sale (http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross?region=world-wide).

US Box office sale for Titanic was $600 miilion (http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross).
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2008
Nwannem, i specifically said "North America" not "United States"
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Nwannem, i specifically said "North America" not "United States"

No vex, but the point remains valid, the movie (I know you love it a lot) did not make $1.8 billion in North America, it made that worldwide.

I'm pretty sure US gross is at least 90% of North Americ'a gross, afterall Canada's population is less than California's population. grin
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2008
Blah Blah Blah, still The Best Movie Ever!!! there is no comparison.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Blah Blah Blah, still The Best Movie Ever!!! there is no comparison.

How e no go be best movie ever, when man die for woman cry. Una neve hala finish! No Naija man go fall dat kind mugu. grin
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

How e no go be best movie ever, when man die for woman cry. Una neve hala finish! No Naija man go fall that kind mugu. grin
Nwoke, stop lying. grin You know you would die for you woman any day of the week. wink
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Nwoke, stop lying. grin You know you would die for you woman any day of the week. wink

It depends on what happened just before the dying opportunity comes up. If she just made me very happy, I'll die WITH her. If she just annoyed me, I'll just kick her into the cold water and pray for her soul. grin
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

It depends on what happened just before the dying opportunity comes up. If she just made me very happy, I'll die WITH her. If she just annoyed me, I'll just kick her into the cold water and pray for her soul. grin
Tufiakwa!!!! grin
You are so MEAN angry
How could you do that? embarassed
People tell me that im cruel lipsrsealed
Man hope and pray you don't up with someone like me
I would give you SYRUP OF OBLIVION as cough syrup cool
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by nila07: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2008
as crazy as it may seem, i walked out on American Gangster.
it was a high quality movie, with excellent actors and plot, but i could not stand some of the violence. thats why i walked away.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by KarmaMod(f): 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2008
Do people really understand movies before they go?

You hear something called "American Gangsta" and you didnt think it would have at least SOME violence?

Gosh people.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by showbobo(m): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2008
Bank Job was a total crap and the annoying british accent even made it worse. undecided
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

Do people really understand movies before they go?

You hear something called "American Gangsta" and you didnt think it would have at least SOME violence?

Gosh people.

That's my point!

Movie buffs have some knowledge of what they're going to see before seeing it.

For example, I can't go watch any chick-flick. I hate them, they disgust me, and I don't bother seeing any of them - just plain crap! Except a very few: Something's Gotta Give was briliant!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

That's my point!

For example, I can't go watch any chick-flick. I hate them, they disgust me, and I don't bother seeing any of them - just plain crap! Except a very few: Something's Gotta Give was briliant!
Nwanne, o gini? What is with all these lies? You know good and well you would be the first one to go and watch Sex and The City.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Tufiakwa!!!! grin
You are so MEAN angry
How could you do that? embarassed
People tell me that im cruel lipsrsealed
Man hope and pray you don't up with someone like me
I would give you SYRUP OF OBLIVION as cough syrup cool

Well, if we had kids already, I may die in her place, if she's been a loving wife. However, if it's any old run-of-the-mill one-night stand babe, I'll do the deed and pray to God. Baba God go understand. grin
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by KarmaMod(f): 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2008
Gosh I dont think bank Job was Statham's best movie(I'd give that to Snatch & Revolver) but still it wasnt that bad.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

Gosh I don't think bank Job was Statham's best movie(I'd give that to Snatch & Revolver) but still it wasnt that bad.
Bank Job was C. R. A. P.!!!! From start to finish. I was like, "what the hell is this?"

RichyBlacK:

Well, if we had kids already, I may die in her place, if she's been a loving wife. However, if it's any old run-of-the-mill one-night stand babe, I'll do the deed and pray to God. Baba God go understand. grin
That is just mean!!!
Man you must have a heart of stone
I could never do that to another human
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by nila07: 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

That's my point!

not that I did not know what kind of movie it was. the title speaks for itself. my baby dragged me into it, i wanted to keep him company but could not stand it long. I watched half of it and ended up waiting outside. I used to watch violent movies but for the last 6 years i have not been able to stand them. so once in a while i will still try and see if i can get back to my old sef.
so please dont go fast in making assertions.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Nwanne, o gini? What is with all these lies? You know good and well you would be the first one to go and watch Sex and The City.

Sex and the City ke? What happened to Netflix

So many babes have tried dragging me to see that epitome of chic-flick-ism, and I refused to be swayed. I saw Why Did I Get Married? because I like some of Tyler Perry's movies.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by RichyBlacK(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2008
nila07:

not that I did not know what kind of movie it was. the title speaks for itself. my baby dragged me into it, i wanted to keep him company but could not stand it long. I watched half of it and ended up waiting outside. I used to watch violent movies but for the last 6 years i have not been able to stand them. so once in a while i will still try and see if i can get back to my old sef.
so please don't go fast in making assertions.

Oya, no vex. I don hear.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Sex and the City ke? What happened to Netflix

So many babes have tried dragging me to see that epitome of chic-flick-ism, and I refused to be swayed. I saw Why Did I Get Married? because I like some of Tyler Perry's movies.
Blah Blah Blah you know you went to see 27 dresses and loved it. Be honest.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by nila07: 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Oya, no vex. I don hear.
my post was actually meant for Karmamod. my bad grin
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Betty605: 9:36pm On Aug 12, 2008
SIMPSONS THE MOVIE!! sad had to go out f the cinema to chill wiv ma fwendz
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by onyinye2(f): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2008
Betty605:

SIMPSONS THE MOVIE!! sad had to go out f the cinema to chill with ma fwendz
OMG!!!
How could i forget how crappy this movie was
It was pathetic
I expected so much more
The plot was stupid
The scenes pitiful
I couldn't stand it, but i had to stay because i was watching it with my little sis.
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Joseph6(m): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2008
why wld u watch simpsons movie in da first place sha i remember one hairspray, . . . . . . .i didnt walk out on it coz it was a gud classic but eemmm 2 odas mehn total crap
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by lailai2(m): 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2008
@betty605, onyinye2 and joseph6, jst wanna ask whether u were previously simpson fans before u watched d film
i on the other hand rolled with lafta on d floor of d cinema, have re-watched it abt 50 times now and always keep laffin, jst homer simpson's voice signalin stupidity is enough to make me laff
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by SeanT21(f): 11:46pm On Aug 12, 2008
I agree with onyinye1, Titanic and Passion of The Christ are the best movie ever made.

I have watched Titanic over 100 times and still cry at the end. My favorite scene is when the she was about to leave on the boat with her mother but refused to go and went up to Jack. That scene is so emotional. Plus, Jack is so damn fine!!That movie potrays real love. The Song "My heart will go on" makes me cry even harder.

Passion Of The Christ was simply classic. NUFF SAID!!!
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by showbobo(m): 1:09am On Aug 13, 2008
SeanT21:

I agree with onyinye1, Titanic and Passion of The Christ are the best movie ever made.

I have watched Titanic over 100 times and still cry at the end. My favorite scene is when the she was about to leave on the boat with her mother but refused to go and went up to Jack. That scene is so emotional. Plus, Jack is so damn fine!!That movie potrays real love. The Song "My heart will go on" makes me cry even harder.

Passion Of The Christ was simply classic. NUFF SAID!!!

ok undecided undecided
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Gamine(f): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2008
He he he

ontop MUVIEE and i tot there was a famine in Sudan
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by bunmii(f): 8:51am On Aug 13, 2008
"night at the museum" was a total waste of my money and time. e.t.c
Re: Movies You Walked Out On! by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 13, 2008
worst movie ever, hmm that wud be the dark knight, even though am a huge comic buff i hated the movie dieeee,cant wait 4 transformers 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings / How To Upgrade Channels On Free To Air Power Sat 4040a Decoder Machine / BBA Stargame: Goldie Up For Eviction - Do We Save Her Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.