Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,930 members, 7,980,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:43 AM

Sarcasm - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sarcasm (14168 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sarcasm by KarmaMod(f): 12:50am On Aug 27, 2008
It's not about it being a hoax, it's about the fact that she might be taken for a ride

sistawoman:

I called Amos and asked him the city and he told me Akure i assumed that was in Ondo.

Ok. not to beat a dead horse to death but why was Anamabra mentioned before? Btw I think you should know/learn these things about your husband first(hometown, background etc) instead of having to ask his family/friends.

anyway have you been to this apartment?
Re: Sarcasm by sistawoman: 12:52am On Aug 27, 2008
to be totally honest i was guessing.

KarmaMod:

It's not about it being a hoax, it's about the fact that she probably being taken for a ride.

Ok. not to beat a dead horse to death but why was Anamabra mentioned before?

anyway have you been to this apartment?

I have, i was just there this weekend. I go there when i please.
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 27, 2008
sistawoman:

to be totally honest i was guessing.

I have, i was just there this weekend.  I go there when i please.

i knew it

but how come u dont know too well about ur hubby?
Re: Sarcasm by KarmaMod(f): 12:53am On Aug 27, 2008
Btw I think you should know/learn these things about your husband first(hometown, background etc) instead of having to ask his family/friends.

k?
Re: Sarcasm by sistawoman: 12:58am On Aug 27, 2008
I thought i could pick the state from the list.  Not realizing that what i know is of the city not the state until amos told me the difference on the phone.

I have never been to nigeria, never studied nigeria, never even knew there were states i just thought in terms of cities.

Like i was rasied in Landover, lived in cheverly, and in washington.  If you dont know the US then you dont know that is three cities in two different states.

Like my grandmother is from Norwich, UK.  Is that correct are thier cities and states there?  When she asked the question I googled the states in Nigeria thinking i know this and I can pick it from the list.  I was quite embarrassed that I did not see it.  Not knowing that i never really asked him the state and only knew the city.  I knew it started with an A and i kept saying akure in my head but could not find that on the list.
Re: Sarcasm by Queenisha: 12:59am On Aug 27, 2008
didn't you guys read in her other threads that this was a "green card arrangement"
what time does she have tolearn of him?

well she said they fell in love and are now marrying for real
who shall we ask?
Re: Sarcasm by Sisikill: 1:00am On Aug 27, 2008
@ Debosky

Cadiri and Colawole? Rotflmao!!! No way! Please, please tell me we have not reached that heights of insanity yet. LMAO, I'm still trying to come to terms with

Kayodes calling themselves Karl,

Lanre as Larry,

Taribo as Terry,

Rotimi as Timmy,

Omoredey as Moe

Dapo as Daps

Now Corede, Cunkle. . . Don't freak me out I beg you!  cheesy
Re: Sarcasm by Queenisha: 1:00am On Aug 27, 2008
sistawoman:

I thought i could pick the state from the list.  Not realizing that what i know is of the city not the state until amos told me the difference on the phone.

I have never been to nigeria, never studied nigeria, never even knew there were states i just thought in terms of cities.

Like i was rasied in Landover, lived in cheverly, and in washington.  If you don't know the US then you don't know that is three cities in two different states.

Like my grandmother is from Norwich, UK.  Is that correct are their cities and states there?  When she asked the question I googled the states in Nigeria thinking i know this and I can pick it from the list.  I was quite embarrassed that I did not see it.  Not knowing that i never really asked him the state and only knew the city.  I knew it started with an A and i kept saying akure in my head but could not find that on the list.

so you were confusing anambra with akure ?
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 27, 2008
Queenisha:

didn't you guys read in her other threads that this was a "green card arrangement"

who shall we ask?

osisi if u r right,then i think shes d one forcing herself into this relationship
Re: Sarcasm by Queenisha: 1:02am On Aug 27, 2008
abeg ma I go knack spaghetti.

@ sista woman.
From woman to woman,don't bring your marital issues to nairaland.
solve them at home.
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 27, 2008
I know that he does not fully trust me.  We met for the purpose, through a friend, just for papers.  But have been serisouly dating since we met.  He wants to have sex badly, as do I, but we have made a promise to wait for marriage.

Besides that I am not sure that his love that he states for me is true.  How good is a Yorba's mans word.  He has promised to never lie to me but I am not sure this is true.  I know that he treats me very well and is very romantic.  Althou all of this may be because of the papers.

Any tell tell signs i can look for in him to really figure out what is going on.  BTW the deal from the start was no sex before even laying eyes on him but after meeting, talking and dating things have changed for me.

Sista

so this is d story
Re: Sarcasm by sistawoman: 1:04am On Aug 27, 2008
Queenisha:

who shall we ask?

It did start off as that and I have never ever denied that.  Thanks for doing the research, you had to dig way back to get that and i was wondering who was going to do it, i thought debo.

We did date before hand and when in that type of situation you tend to learn alot more about the person then you normally would.  There has to be years of history created/learned in a very short amount of time.

Something he said on the phone yesterday has me wondering and his behavior today has me wondering.

I went into this with both eyes open and will fulfill my end of the arrangment but will not be shitted on in the process.  If it is not real then he needs to say so, so that i can date and do as i please.  I will need time to heal and mend my heart but we really need to talk as we have been living and loving as husband and wife forreal.
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 27, 2008
so sistawoman married this man to help him with papers? Ashiri ti tu.  grin

All of una don waste precious advice. Bros has gotten his wish and disappeared.
Re: Sarcasm by sistawoman: 1:07am On Aug 27, 2008
davidylan:

so sistawoman married this man to help him with papers? Ashiri ti tu. grin

No papers yet. Where do you know you can get papers in 2 months?
Re: Sarcasm by Queenisha: 1:08am On Aug 27, 2008
davidylan:

so sistawoman married this man to help him with papers? Ashiri ti tu.  grin

You no well.
In one of the threads,sheniqua warned her but did she listen?

sistawoman:

No papers yet. Where do you know you can get papers in 2 months?

Then he's surely coming home
just give him time to finish his carton of gulder
Re: Sarcasm by tpia: 1:09am On Aug 27, 2008
He can't have gotten his papers if they've been married less than two years.

However, he better take things easy as getting papers doesnt necessarily mean someone is running free as if he was just emancipated.

He sounds spoilt, imo. Somebody better tell him to take it easy- this is not naija. He better open his eyes himself before others do it for him.

anyway, there's obviously more to this than meets the eye. Especially with this mysterious appointment which they both keep missing. Granted, the third excuse is a valid one, but what about the other two.
Re: Sarcasm by sistawoman: 1:10am On Aug 27, 2008
Queenisha:

You no well.
In one of the threads,sheniqua warned her but did she listen?

Then he's surely coming home
just give him time to finish his carton of gulder

No she did not listen she followed her heart.

What is gulder?
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 27, 2008
my only advise for u sistawoman is dat u let go of ur emotions , until u r sure of his feelings for u

if d man leaves u ,im very sure he will do it wt no mercy
Re: Sarcasm by KarmaMod(f): 1:12am On Aug 27, 2008
sistawoman:

Something he said on the phone yesterday has me wondering and his behavior today has me wondering.

I went into this with both eyes open and will fulfill my end of the arrangment but will not be shitted on in the process. If it is not real then he needs to say so, so that i can date and do as i please. I will need time to heal and mend my heart but we really need to talk as we have been living and loving as husband and wife forreal.

Good to know. At least you are aware and I respect that.

Good thing you got your tubes tied too! It's not when when people do arranged married that I look down on, it's when they are deceitful about it from the beginning and also when a child is brought into the situation.

You'd think someone trying to get something wouldnt be misbehaving like an ungrateful child.
Re: Sarcasm by Queenisha: 1:13am On Aug 27, 2008
sistawoman:

No she did not listen she followed her heart.

What is gulder?

a brand of Nigerian beer.

Seriously dear, take your marital issues off nairaland.
even if you cut him,we don't have to know grin
Re: Sarcasm by Queenisha: 1:16am On Aug 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

Good to know. At least you are aware and I respect that.

You'D think someone trying to get something wouldnt be misbehaving like an ungrateful child.

You must be kidding me.
aiding and abetting a criminal grin
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 27, 2008
Queenisha:

even if you cut him,we don't have to know
grin

why shld she take it off? It makes for comic relief . . . abeg sistawoman tell us more!  grin What brand of toothpaste does he use? did he wash his socks last weekend?  cheesy
Re: Sarcasm by Queenisha: 1:17am On Aug 27, 2008
davidylan:

why shld she take it off? It makes for comic relief . . . abeg sistawoman tell us more! grin What brand of toothpaste does he use? did he wash his socks last weekend? cheesy

does he roll his amala with both palms?
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 27, 2008
Queenisha:

even if you cut him,we don't have to know
grin

is dis one marriage? undecided
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 27, 2008
Queenisha:

even if you cut him,we don't have to know grin
Why na?
With all this advice, NL is the best place to bring your problems.
If you're still here by so so, maybe you'll be able to solve my marital problems too, on NL.

I mean, NL is filled with so many intelligent people.
Take Mightydick/quickygirl fo ran example.
Aren't those one of the ppl you'll want to take your problems to?
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 27, 2008
Queenisha:

does he roll his amala with both palms?

i hear ekiti people eat with their feet. maybe sistawoman knows from experience.
Re: Sarcasm by Sisikill: 1:23am On Aug 27, 2008
We met for the purpose, through a friend, just for papers.  But have been serisouly dating since we met.  He wants to have sex badly, as do I, but we have made a promise to wait for marriage.

I mi kon le

I. . . Sister. . . woman . . . errr . . . oh whoa! Look at the time! Wish I could stay but. . . I, my, one woman I mean our sister. . . my sister is expecting me but don't worry, we'll continue. . . do something, sometime soon, okay.

Yeparipa! No wonder Bobo flew into a rage! He is fighting for his "life" (green card) here and she's talking about her baaaaaaabies. To think I was beginning to see him as a sensitive guy for crying. . . asheashe, it was the greencard peppering him. Mama was right, men will only cry for two things - 1) Their favorite team losing  2) Their arrangey marriage wife put her kids before their desire to get papers. Eeeya!
Re: Sarcasm by KarmaMod(f): 1:25am On Aug 27, 2008
davidylan:

i hear ekiti people eat with their feet. maybe sistawoman knows from experience.

you this okoro loon, take your time o.
Re: Sarcasm by KarmaMod(f): 1:26am On Aug 27, 2008
You must be kidding me.
aiding and abetting a criminal

I couldnt care less about this country, osisi

All I care about is that those who go thru this mode of getting papers should be upfront with the person and not have kids.
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 27, 2008
davidylan:

No, you heard wrong.
It's the Abeokuta people that eat with their toes/butt cheek
Re: Sarcasm by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 27, 2008
wt d way im seeing this thing(due to my prohetessialism grin) if this man decides to leave d marriage,he wont just walk out peacefully,he will dump her like a thrash,when she needs him d most

for christsake  this is an agreement/arrangement,sistawoman is taking it too far i think,she wants it real but i don't think d man wants it so
Re: Sarcasm by KarmaMod(f): 1:31am On Aug 27, 2008
Then why does he care so much about how she "babies" her own children?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Signs of true Love (does he really love me?) / Why Are Nigerian Guys Intimidated By A Lady With A Car / What Is The Best Answer If A Girl Asks What Do You Want From Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.