Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,706 members, 7,914,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:22 PM

Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? (6187 Views)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2008
Sarah Palin became a household name the day she was picked as McClain running mate. In less than 24hrs, she topped yahoo and google's most searched list, afterall it's only natural to be curious, however the info coming out about this woman is giving some people pause. For instance under the Personal and Family Section on Wikipedia page, it starts she has 5 children. 2 boys Track and Trig and 3 girls Bristol, Willow and Piper.

She married her high school boyfriend, Todd Palin, on August 29, 1988.[6] The Palin family lives in Wasilla, about 45 miles (72 km) north of Anchorage. The Palins have two sons (Track, 19, and Trig, four months) and three daughters (Bristol, 17; Willow, 14; and Piper, 7) [Ages as of August 2008]

When it was found out that her last child was a down syndrome baby, parents in similar situation felt it made her more approachable. Well this morning, new info have come out showing that Sarah Palin is NOT the mother of Trig. . . but her daughter 17 years old Bristol. There are also detailed accounts on how she tried to cover it up by announcing to her staff that she was pregnant when Bristol was supposedly 3 months pregnant, which lead to confusion and surprise amongst her staff when she went to labor at only six months.

Read More

The story begins on March 6th, when Sarah decided to come forward and announce to the world that she was pregnant, a monumental occasion for an acting Governor. Republican Governor Jane Maria Swift of Massachusetts was the first sitting Governor in United States history to give birth in office just seven years before, and now here we were once again. Yet, no one could believe the news:

JUNEAU -- Gov. Sarah Palin shocked and awed just about everybody around the Capitol on Wednesday when she announced she's expecting her fifth child.

Palin said she's already about seven months along, with the baby due to arrive in mid-May.  That the pregnancy is so advanced astonished all who heard the news. The governor, a runner who's always been trim, simply doesn't look pregnant. Even close members of her staff said they only learned this week their boss was expecting. "I thought it was becoming obvious," Palin said. "You know, clothes getting snugger and snugger." But people just couldn't believe the news.

"Really? No!" said Bethel state Rep. Mary Nelson, who is close to giving birth herself.  "It's wonderful. She's very well-disguised," said Senate President Lyda Green, a mother of three who has sometimes sparred with Palin politically. "When I was five months pregnant, there was absolutely no question that I was with child." Palin said she's not aiming to take any time off from her job as governor, assuming all goes well with the pregnancy.

With Palin riding extraordinarily high popularity ratings, pundits have mentioned her as a potential vice presidential candidate. But she said Wednesday night she's "not pursuing or perpetuating it," adding, "I have no desire to leave my job at all as governor." She's known as a fashion plate, but said she hasn't been dressing differently to cover her barely perceptible bulge.

Funny quote on her having no desire for the Vice-Presidency aside, the article is direly clear. No one knew she was pregnant, not even her own staff. Quite a feat. Why the secrecy? Sarah has never given an answer, and upon further reading, no one has bothered to ask.

Seven months into a pregnancy, and no one noticed.

Even Harry Houdini would be impressed.

And how could anyone tell? Sarah's waistline never changed. Her wardrobe still remained tight and professional. In a video posted in February (nearing five months of pregnancy at the time), Sarah is seen trim, and walking around all of Juneau, Alaska.

TIMELINE AFTER MARCH 6 PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

- Her water broke one month before Trig was due, but she kept a previous speaking engagement in Texas and then flew 8 hours to Alaska. No one on board noticed that Sarah was going into labor either. The flight lands in Anchorage, Alaska. Instead of visiting a medical facility that can accommodate a premature birth in Alaska’s most equipped city, she drives 45 minutes away to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, right outside the small village she used to govern as Mayor, Wasilla.

– On April 18, 2008, Trig was born one month premature. Sarah returned to work after three days. (Trig was diagnosed with Down’s syndrome while still in the womb.)

– Trig is not Sarah’s son, but grandson. It was her 16-year-old daughter Bristol (pictured right) who was carrying. (80% of the cases of Down’s Syndrome are in mothers under the age of 35.)

– Family had taken Bristol out of Anchorage High School due to contracting “infectious mononucleosis”. Reports say she was absent from school for five to eight months. Mono can last anywhere from two weeks to three months.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/121350/137

There are pictures and eyewitness accounts on the website.

What do you think?
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by SeanT21(f): 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2008
I am going to look more into this story.

I hope its true.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by SeanT21(f): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2008
I read on this and I know for sure the Baby is her daughter. She covered it up so her fellow Christians would not find out that her daughter had been pregnant out of wedlock.

Here is a pic of her daughter Pregnant.

Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by 4Play(m): 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2008
@Sisikill

Lets do a bet. $1000 on whether the story is true or false.  tongue

When people complain Obama is smeared by the right,they act like they haven't seen the left's smear machine at work. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article20065.ece

@Sean

Hope you have a totally flat tummy,lest someone will publish pictures of your ''pregnancy''.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 1:35am On Sep 01, 2008
Hope you have a totally flat tummy,lest someone will publish pictures of your ''pregnancy''.

Let's not drag this too far. The picture is doctored. That's not her body in the picture.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Sep 01, 2008
SeanT21:

I read on this and I know for sure the Baby is her daughter. She covered it up so her fellow Christians would not find out that her daughter had been pregnant out of wedlock.

You are willing to stoop this low out of "love" for obama? WOW
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by tpia: 2:11am On Sep 01, 2008
Funny how I was just discussing with someone today, about one of my younger cousins. Neighborhood gossips once spread the rumor that my younger cousin was actually his oldest's sister's son. ie, that his mom (my aunt), was passing off her grandchild as her own son.

Is it unheard of for an oldest child to sometimes be 12 to 18 years older than the youngest?

I'm just hearing this Sarah Palin story now, and unless there's solid evidence to back up these rumors, I seriously doubt she's trying to pass off her grandson as her son.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 01, 2008
is this story going to be verified by someone?
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 4:22am On Sep 01, 2008
SeanT21:

Actually, they are saying that picture could be from 2006. Of course, there are those who said it was moved from the 2007 photo gallery on Palin's website to 2006. . . who knows.

davidylan:

is this story going to be verified by someone?

Huffington post and Gawker are also running with this the story. Huffington Post - Can't trust them as far as I can throw them and Gawker. . . well it's Gawker. The general feel right now is that . . . like the John Edwards Fiasco, the mainstream media is staying out of it until they have all their ducks in a row or she decides to confess.

Personally, I think the story is too outrageous to be true. She'D have to be completely bonkers to do something like that and then think she can run for VP without it leaking. Jeebus, this is America for goodness sakes, not Nigeria!!

I'm sorry but if any Obama supporter thinks this is a good thing, they better think again. People are already cursing the Democrats for bringing a "Down Syndrome baby" into dirty politics. Let's not forget Americans are bleeding hearts, they love the under dog and right now Sarah Palin is the under dog - The only woman, a mother with a sick baby or a grandmother who will do anything to protect her daughter. Why, I can already hear the gasps of Awwwwwww being thrown her way.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 4:27am On Sep 01, 2008
4 Play:

@Sisikill

Lets do a bet. $1000 on whether the story is true or false.  tongue

When people complain Obama is smeared by the right,they act like they haven't seen the left's smear machine at work. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article20065.ece

That's what us Northerners call a Sucker's Bet. I ain't no fool.  tongue

Wait are you saying it is true? If that's the case. . . I'll see you $1000 and raise you $1500.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by tpia: 4:28am On Sep 01, 2008
I doubt a down's syndrome child is something to be joked about.  Should she have turned down the VP invitation because of the baby?

Obama talks about his mom being on food stamps at some point in her life. I havent heard anyone criticizing that.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 4:56am On Sep 01, 2008
Website "debunking" the story

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/dailykos-rumors-debunked-here-is-sarah-palin-pregnancy-photo-on-feb-10th-2008/

Newsweek Article of an interview which took place when she was supposed to be 7 months pregnant. The Interviewer stated she didn't know Palin was pregnant until she mentioned it.

Palin in the Green Room

NEWSWEEK's Karen Breslau shares a personal moment with the Alaska governor.
Karen Breslau
Newsweek Web Exclusive
Updated: 6:47 AM ET Aug 30, 2008

When Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin arrived backstage for our NEWSWEEK Women & Leadership Event in Los Angeles last March, John McCain had just wrapped up the GOP nomination. Palin had yet to endorse McCain—she liked Mitt Romney—and as we waited in the green room, I urged her to "feel free" to make some news on stage. She grinned broadly—looking back, I guess it was a grin of the Cheshire Cat variety—and thanked me for the offer.

Once onstage, together with Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, Palin talked about what women expect from women leaders; how she took charge in Alaska during a political scandal that threatened to unseat the state's entire Republican power structure, and her feelings about Sen. Hillary Clinton. (She said she felt kind of bad she couldn't support a woman, but she didn't like Clinton's whining.)

I joked with her about being on McCain's short list for vice president, and we had a good chuckle. We also talked about the challenges of running a government while also raising a large and young family. At the time, I didn't know that Palin, clad in a loose, dark dress, was seven months pregnant with her fifth child. An aide called me the next day to tell me that Palin would be announcing the pregnancy at home in Alaska and that she had wanted me to know as a courtesy. She was sorry she hadn't mentioned it the night before.

A few weeks later, Palin's son Trig Paxon Van Palin was born prematurely. She and her husband Todd issued a statement saying they knew their fifth child would face "special challenges"—her office later confirmed that Trig had been born with Down syndrome and that the family felt "blessed."

URL: http://www.newsweek.com/id/156190

Right now it's all a buffet of rumours, suppositions and innuendos,  guess you have to pick what you want umtil the facts come out. . . if they ever do.

Honestly, this is why I hate politics. . .  what does this have to do with anything? Unnecesary distractions.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by KarmaMod(f): 5:02am On Sep 01, 2008
Next you'll tell me her real name is Bree Hodge
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 5:06am On Sep 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

Next you'll tell me her real name is Bree Hodge

Rotflmao!! Bree is also republican, no? Aah, now we know which script they are playing from.

Should we start checking for a dead first husband?
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by KarmaMod(f): 5:10am On Sep 01, 2008
There HAS to be a dead husband

It'll be very creepy if lil Ben ends up having Down Syndome.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by tpia: 5:13am On Sep 01, 2008
sisikill, you just don't like the lady grin

Not every woman has a gigantic tummy during pregnancy. And yes, its possible for some women not to look too pregnant even at 7 months, especially if the tummy is small and they dress in a way that covers it up.

I'm not making excuses for the lady- just stating what I've seen in real life.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 5:18am On Sep 01, 2008
With successive births, is it not true that the physicall signs of pregnancy are less visible to an observer? I am thinking that at the fifth pregnancy, her carriage and handling of her self will be far less sloppy and it will be less thrilling and a focal point for her since it has become routine. So the fact she didnt mention it should not be viewed as evidence that she didnt carry the baby. Right?
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 5:24am On Sep 01, 2008
I doubt that this true. Here is why I said that. We are getting reports of her numerous public appearances at the time when she would have been carrying the baby. She is a public figure, so I am sure there were news reporters around her, so there has to be pictures of those moments, whether in print or on tv. So if this was true, those images would have surfaced from whoever was pushing the claim to substantiate that she lied about being pregnant.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 5:28am On Sep 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

There HAS to be a dead husband

It'll be very creepy if little Ben ends up having Down Syndome.

Tee hee hee. . . don't worry, with Huffington post is on the case, we'll find out soon. They will manufacture one if they have too.

tpia:

sisikill, you just don't like the lady grin

Not every woman has a gigantic tummy during pregnancy. And yes, its possible for some women not to look too pregnant even at 7 months, especially if the tummy is small and they dress in a way that covers it up.

I'm not making excuses for the lady- just stating what I've seen in real life.

Lawd-a-mercy! How do I not like her? What gave you that impression?

First, I'm just posting things I found - pros & cons.

Secondly, I clearly stated that I do not believe the story because it is too outrageous and any Obama supporter who thinks this is a good thing is mistaken.

Third, I said I don't understand what this whole thing has to do with anything, if not unneccesary distraction.

I did not call her names or say anything insulting about her and honestly, what I feel for this entire saga is indifference because I am apolitical. The only reason why I find it slightly interesting, is because I thought it had a soap operaish element to it and thanks to KarmaMod for pointing the similarities to Desperate Housewives and see I wasn't far off.

You like misunderstanding me oh
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 5:32am On Sep 01, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

I doubt that this true. Here is why I said that. We are getting reports of her numerous public appearances at the time when she would have been carrying the baby. She is a public figure, so I am sure there were news reporters around her, so there has to be pictures of those moments, whether in print or on tv. So if this was true, those images would have surfaced from whoever was pushing the claim to substantiate that she lied about being pregnant.

Exactly That's why I don't believe the story is true. On the link I posted in my 3rd post. . . before the Newsweek article, there are pictures showing a slight baby bump.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 5:45am On Sep 01, 2008
You are not lying, Huffington would have had it on their website and Slate would have carried it out. True or false, this is BABYGATE cheesy
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 5:52am On Sep 01, 2008
Tee hee. . . Sensei, you forgot Salon.

Slate, Huffington and Salon. . . The three horsemen of the apocalypse. cheesy
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 6:00am On Sep 01, 2008
Oh yeah, you are right and even Kos. lmao. If this is true GOP is dead! I am sure though that they did their homework before announcing her, trust me. The GOP don't usually have those kind of scandals. Their scandals is well after the candidate is already in office. If that was true they would have left her alone in Alaska. I still believe the party handpicked her.

Anyway, which state are you in? I am in Atlanta.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 6:14am On Sep 01, 2008
I totally agree. People act like McCain just went "Ayis, you come up here. You will be my VP". . . picking her from the crowd the same day he annouced her. Those sites are like Fox News to me.

The windy City! Chi-Town! The best of the best, the city with the mostest. Please don't ask mostest what coz I don't know. Alls I know is that's what they programmed us to say before getting our State ID. cheesy
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 6:20am On Sep 01, 2008
Obama chick :-)
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 6:35am On Sep 01, 2008
Some years bck I haf applied and processed to joi The Navy, they sent me to Chicago for bootcamp in the middle of February. The cold hit my African ass at O'Hare. I jumped on the next flight bck to Atlanta, told them I had upper respiratory problem. .
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Sisikill: 6:54am On Sep 01, 2008
Bwahahaha! You didn't??! cheesy cheesy

All you people. . . Afraid of a little cold! It's hysterical. Snow almost broke up my bro and his wife. See, she's from Texas (went from Hot Kano to Texas) and the day it snowed 2" she was done and we were all looking at her like. . . Surely, you jest. Hello, that's nothing but fridge ice. If we go thru the winter with 8" as the highest, the whole of Chicago goes insane with joy, saying it was a good season. Oh yeah, my bro almost killed us when we mentioned 8" coz she was already half way out the door. This was 6yrs ago, now she shows off to her family when they come to town. cheesy

By the way, I've always imagined the judge's face would look something like this When they tell him "Yeah, your honor. . . There is a third party involved in this divorce - SNOW" Tee Hee
So I totally bored myself to sleep with that, can't imagine what I did to you. . . Prolly in a stupor now. Sorry, hehehehe.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by SeanT21(f): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
Sisikill:

Bwahahaha! You didn't??! cheesy cheesy

All you people. . . Afraid of a little cold! It's hysterical. Snow almost broke up my bro and his wife. See, she's from Texas (went from Hot Kano to Texas) and the day it snowed 2" she was done and we were all looking at her like. . . Surely, you jest. Hello, that's nothing but fridge ice. If we go through the winter with 8" as the highest, the whole of Chicago goes insane with joy, saying it was a good season. Oh yeah, my bro almost killed us when we mentioned 8" because she was already half way out the door. This was 6yrs ago, now she shows off to her family when they come to town. cheesy

By the way, I've always imagined the judge's face would look something like this When they tell him "Yeah, your honor. . . There is a third party involved in this divorce - SNOW" Tee Hee
So I totally bored myself to sleep with that, can't imagine what I did to you. . . Prolly in a stupor now. Sorry, hehehehe.

LMAO!!! Chicago aka The windy city. I can never live up there. I hate it during the winter here in North carolina and its not bad as Chi Town.
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by dreeldee: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2008
Sarah Palin’s 17yo Daughter Pregnant and McCain knew about it before selecting her as his VP shocked shocked http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/01/politics/horserace/entry4404184.shtml
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by Riskie(f): 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
McCain must seriously be on something. lipsrsealed
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
All you people. . . Afraid of a little cold! It's hysterical. Snow almost broke up my bro and his wife. See, she's from Texas (went from Hot Kano to Texas) and the day it snowed 2" she was done and we were all looking at her like. . . Surely, you jest. Hello, that's nothing but fridge ice. If we go through the winter with 8" as the highest, the whole of Chicago goes insane with joy, saying it was a good season. Oh yeah, my bro almost killed us when we mentioned 8" because she was already half way out the door. This was 6yrs ago, now she shows off to her family when they come to town.

grin Chicago cold is not little, thats nothing to mess with.

That's hillarious. If the divorce went through on account of inclement weather, I wonder who will pay the alimony, the city? grin

Nothing but good, you sweet thang! wink
Re: Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? by NegroNtns(m): 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2008
For a party that preached moral uprightness, I can't help but wonder if their kool-aid was the proper flavor. In selecting and vetting Sarah Palin, someone drank the purple kool-aid instead of the red one. cheesy

Eldee, WTF were they thinking?? You know though, in a prevailing atmosphere of controversial social lifestyles and bad behavior, the damage could be spinned and converted to a gain on her behalf. We shall see. shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mali: A Guide To The Conflict / Kenyan Army Destroys Somalia's Al Shabaab Where US Army Was Defeated / Nigaz! Someone Has To Sack Their Marketing Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.