Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,752 members, 7,882,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (521265 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrpataki(m): 11:39pm On Dec 26, 2007
debosky:

the 'banal mantra' was a throwback to last season when all Jackie boy could spout daily was the points difference and the space between the sides. . .naturally I was going to seize upon it to rankle you scumtwats this time around tongue cool

Crank boy made a few moves but with no end result, so I'm not impressed, if he likes let him do round house kicks with his willy grin grin. . .as long as he doesn't score it is immaterial tongue

I don't see any patterns to be honest, we did not score in this game - and by and large that was due to Ade's absence and partly due to P'mouth's good organisation. Like I said - give the opposition credit when they do their jobs well. You can do your best and still be neutralized, especially when you lack a little bit of that special 'something'. 'It' was missing today and that hasn't happened very often.

Oh so I should lose hope the instant we drop one point below the top? That would make me a fickle scumtwat like yourself. . .only rejoicing or hoping when the results go well, or a fair weather supporter like the muppet Chavs. I am neither - I remain convinced this team can go as far as winning the title. The next 19 games will show if they will. cool

rikky I haven't conceded anything, my true mantra has been - Lets see how far we can go

go back and check on it, yes I said we were top (was I supposed to act as if we weren't ) that was a statement of fact. We are second now, and I say we are deservedly so tonight! cool

Lets see how it pans out in the end.

Thou hast well said it again!

Gunner Pataki cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2007
I-man:

@Jackal

If we gave this Arsenal side a 10 point head start,they will still lose it.This is coming a few days after Wenger claimed Gooners were here to stay at the top of the table. Fabregas is Darren Fletcher in disguise.

Adebayor was my best player grin Its clear he doesn't have a clue what he is doing. Can Gooners beat Everton?I don't think so. . . only major refeering decisions could gift Arsenal 3 points .

We were so good today,even the ghost worker,Saha,turned up.We have a thing for 4 goals,even Arsenal will struggle at the Stadium of Light. . . Arsenal are regional champions,they don't win games in the North anymore grin

LOL!! Even I had to laugh at that line.

Well we will see when we visit OT.

**regional champions**   grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2007
@ Pataki,

What are u on about?
United stayed on top for 7 months last season . . . .Their position was never in threat for 7 solid months.
In those 7 months . . . .we lost to Pompey, West Ham TWICE and even Arsenal and no one could touch United.
Have u seen Ronaldo's form? He keeps delivering and proving to y'all KNUCKLEHEADS he is the best in the land.
If i were u . . . . .I would tape 2 sticks together to make a CRUCIFIX and start saying hail marys.
You support a rubbish team.

@ Rikkyjen,

Aint u proud to be a MAN UTD fan?
This is it, homie . . . . . . .We are back on top of things.
Bleep the ill-luck we had at the start of the season . . . .Wazza's injury, Ronaldo's suspension . . .
we should have been 5 points clear.
Ferguson will be scheming out ways to go 8 points clear by end of January.

@ I-man,

We have snatched 12 points gap from em before.
I am watching Man Utd on MATCH OF THE DAY on BBC.
RONALDO is a gem . . . . . he delivers when u need him to.
Did u see Wes Brown's telepathic n slide-rule pass to Wazza to score the 1st goal? It was OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2007
I-man:

We were so good today,even the ghost worker,Saha,turned up.We have a thing for 4 goals,even Arsenal will struggle at the Stadium of Light. . . Arsenal are regional champions,they don't win games in the North anymore grin

Where was blackburn last Wednesday? The South of France? grin grin

Or wait. . .Portsmouth is now a Northern Club?? Bloody scumtwats. . .I shouldn't expect better. tongue

rant all you want. . .lets observe and see what happens.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2007
Hymen  I-Man  cheesy & Le-Chac  grin

I gat to give you and Jackal this one.! Y'all are monsters in 'em Predictions! Y'all did roll this dice very well or Is U guys living in Las-Vegas?

Y'alls predictions has been top notch. I-man, I can still recall your confident yarns about 'Gooners dropping point ASAP.

It doesn't come at a better time!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 11:45pm On Dec 26, 2007
@Debo

Spare us the Epistle of complete twaddle.Give the opposition some credit?You have been making mediocre opposition look like world beaters for the past 2 months-S.Bucharest,Newcastle,Boro,Sunderland and even Wigan. We are not MTN,how much credit are we supposed to give the opposition every time you turn a game into a slug fest?

You remain convinced in your monumental delusion! grin That's the spirit!Typical Gooner.Who else can we laugh at at the end of the season.

Keep your chin up.You will finish in 3rd place this season grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:45pm On Dec 26, 2007
mrpataki:

Sule. . . . . . .Reason and stop breathing manure to know better. What counts is the end of the season not when we still have over 15 more games to engage.

Mr Oga.

You have 15 more games to go. The only way you can stay in contention is you win all your matches. You and know unfortunately you won't.

So what is your hope about end of the season?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrpataki(m): 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2007
Jackal:

@ Pataki,

What are u on about?
United stayed on top for 7 months last season . . . .Their position was never in threat for 7 solid months.
In those 7 months . . . .we lost to Pompey, West Ham TWICE and even Arsenal and no one could touch United.
Have u seen Ronaldo's form? He keeps delivering and proving to y'all KNUCKLEHEADS he is the best in the land.
If i were u . . . . .I would tape 2 sticks together to make a CRUCIFIX and start saying hail marys.
You support a rubbish team.

@ Rikkyjen,

Aint u proud to be a MAN UTD fan?
This is it, homie . . . . . . .We are back on top of things.
Bleep the ill-luck we had at the start of the season . . . .Wazza's injury, Ronaldo's suspension . . .
we should have been 5 points clear.
Ferguson will be scheming out ways to go 8 points clear by end of January.

Why must you continue ranting like a mad man? tongue Just one point ahead, you are barking like a deranged dog? tongue OT will soon smell us, I guess you better start praying your Ronaldo is in form.

You people are paralysed set of team who rely on a blind to lead the pack of the blind.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2007
debosky:

Where was blackburn last Wednesday? The South of France? grin grin

Or wait. . .Portsmouth is now a Northern Club?? Bloody scumtwats. . .I shouldn't expect better. tongue

rant all you want. . .lets observe and see what happens.

Blackburn? You also beat Sheffield United also but you are too busy seeing stars from the pounding you got against Pompey to see we are talking of the Prem League .Are you mistaking the League Cup for the Prem? Maybe your confidence all along has been in respect of the League Cup,should have told us then.We wouldn't have bothered with your deluded lot.

Almost half way through the League and you haven't won a single game in the North grin Pompey in the North? Says who. . . .this is what happens when Gayners have spent an evening screaming at the telly and ordering loads of anti-depressants off the net grin

Kind of reminds me of that convo you were having with yourself.You still hear voices in your head? What are the voices telling you today ? That the FA would switch winnners of the Carling Cup with that of the League ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:56pm On Dec 26, 2007
nateevs:

Mr Oga.

You have 15 more games to go. The only way you can stay in contention is you win all your matches. You and know unfortunately you won't.

So what is your hope about end of the season?

Are my eyes deceiving me? The muppets have truly decided to come out to play. . .not only are they too retarded to subtract 38 from 19 correctly, but they are completely bereft of any faculties as well cry cry

@ I-man

how convenient to mention only those ones - were Chelsea, Villa, City, Reading (who held you to a draw) and Sevilla mediocre as well? Myopia has long been a persistent Northern Ailment, I'm not surprised you're exhibiting the same traits.

Keep analysing and prognosticating. . .you have made all the predictions, I remember match day 10, after we play MU, after we play Liverpool, after we play Boro, after we lose, after we play Chelsea. . .there have been massive failures so far. So we drop points (as everyone will at a point) and you're bleating like a goat about to be sacrificed? grin grin

i will note this prediction of ending 3rd. . .lets see when that one will be retracted
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:57pm On Dec 26, 2007
@ I-man,

Debosky is a doofus.
He makes a plonker look so intelligent with his useless posts.
Its half of the season and United is on top of the league with a better GD . . . . . .Who has been the better team?
Man Utd has scored 36 goals and conceded only 9 . . . . .Arsenal has scored 36 and conceded FIFTEEN.
What else do we need to talk about?

@ Rikkyjen,

I have been watching this league since Debosky was still rolling tyres with his filthy nappies. grin grin grin
Man Utd is a force to reckon with . . . . .You cannot stop this Man Utd team.
When Fergie said he had the best squad in 21 years then u know he aint kidding . . . .
No ANDERSON, SCHOLES, TEVEZ, VAN DER SAR, GIGGS AND EVRA  . . . . .  . . . .It aint no rocket science.
We have the best QUALITY IN DEPTH.

@ Pataki,

It seems u have been smoking your cat's pubic hair AGAIN.
Just one point? some few weeks ago . . . .Arsenal had a potential 6-point-gap.
Fast forward it to BOXING DAY . . . . .They have nuthing.
First all, it was  . . . .We are going to have an unbeaten season . . . . then it was UNBEATEN in the league and now it is . . . .maybe MAY 2008!!!!!!!!
Take a chill pill, Mr pillock. . . . . . You aint winning Bleep ALL.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lawyer(m): 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2007
@jackal

You dont have to insult every arsenal fan that hasnt insulted you before. The phrase " f**K arsenal fans worldwide" is not necessary and uncouth. We may have our footballing differences based on the various teams we support and whenever we win it gives us the bragging rights for the moment but it doesnt mean you should insult us all especially when we have done nothing to you.

Anyway my opinions about today. To be frank, i am happy manutd is finally a point above arsenal and that will ease the pressure off arsenal for a while. Trying to sustain that leadership toga has costs us in some games and it will be good to play catch up for a while before hopefully regaining it when it matters the most. It's always difficult to maintain that momentum when you are on top especially when the gap is ridiculously slim. Anything can happen. You could lose a game, draw or lose your best players and it all comes tumbling down. Now that manutd is on top, the onus is for them to retain that leadership spot for the next 19 games and i honestly think it's going to be a topsy turvey newyear between manutd and arsenal each vying for top place and it will boil down to the team that has the character to finally strech that lead to probably 5 points by mid feburary before the real bragging rights start. Manutd should enjoy the moment but it's a bitter sweet moment from what i can see. Tough matches await you and a draw or loss could spell doom for either side. So let's just see how it plays out.

As per the game, i have to confess that i didnt see anything wrong in the pattern of play and they tried their best to win. Honestly the person who cost arsenal that 3 vital points is that lump of wood adebayor and i cant fanthom why he is an arsenal player. He is so inconsistent and irrational in his plays. He finds it difficult to beat a man and just perform one moment of magic. I find it extremely insulting when he compared himself to half of both kanu and drogba because those 2 neither have the twit of intelligence that he posseses. Apart from inzaghi, i cant remember a player who plays himself offside so may times in a game unintelligently hereby frustrating the works of other players but at least inzaghi delievers most of the time compared to that tart adebayor. The clarion cry of his supporters that he is a hard worker holds no water to me because a hard worker that gets no end product is a dumb slave. His so called 10 goals in 19 games is laughable because he has played almost all the premiership games for 90 minutes plus and despite him playing for a team that isnt so selfish and would do anything to supply that glorious ball for him, makes me wonder how such a tart can be so stupidly lackadastical in front of goal.

Take for example tonight. An old hag like sol campbell kept him quiet for 90 minutes shocked That tells a lot how maldini and nesta would make him so invincible when they meet. I cant imagine how many through balls he was fed tonight from hleb, rosicky and most memorably cesc but even if we saw an end product it would have been better to say something. If arsenal ends up losing the league we definately know where to look because this twig is costing us very very vital games. I cant remember when last he shone in a big game. Against manutd, chelsea and liverpool, he was just as appaling as tonight. I wonder what jazz he is using to convince wenger to put him on the field for 90 minutes talkless of someone worthy of being an arsenal player. He scores a hattrick against derby and he thinks he's world class and anytime i see the william hill betting of the week that places adebayor as the first to score, i know definately we are either going to play a draw or lose because that irritant has nothing fantastic in his shitty brain to offer. because of him, i dont think we have anyhope of doing well against milan except van persie plays.

Anyway, it's not his fault. I blame it on van persie who is made of glass because i cant fanthom how a van persie would play in that position for 19 games and wont be scoring at least 15 goals by now including some magical goals to talk about for weeks.  Rvp plays only 9 games for arsenal, 4 games for 90 minutes and 5 games as a sub and scores 7 goals. He scored 12 goals last season and missed a vital 3 months away because of injury and still yet adebayor who played almost the whole season couldnt catch up with an absent van persie.

It just so sad and i predict another disasterous outing for arsenal against  everton on saturday if this twit is allowed to play 90 minutes without bendtner or rvp beside him to carry him along. Boy it's going to be a long newyear with this twit as an albatross on gunners neck. I cant even remotely imagine anyone tagging adebayor as their favourite player even for a local under ojuelegba bridge football competiton.

P:s Rosicky was amazing tonight and from the arsenal point of view was definately the man of the match  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:01am On Dec 27, 2007
debosky:

Are my eyes deceiving me? The muppets have truly decided to come out to play. . .not only are they too retarded to subtract 38 from 19 correctly, but they are completely bereft of any faculties as well cry cry

@ I-man

how convenient to mention only those ones - were Chelsea, Villa, City, Reading (who held you to a draw) and Sevilla mediocre as well? Myopia has long been a persistent Northern Ailment, I'm not surprised you're exhibiting the same traits.

Keep analysing and prognosticating. . .you have made all the predictions, I remember match day 10, after we play MU, after we play Liverpool, after we play Boro, after we lose, after we play Chelsea. . .there have been massive failures so far. So we drop points (as everyone will at a point) and you're bleating like a goat about to be sacrificed? grin grin

i will note this prediction of ending 3rd. . .lets see when that one will be retracted

Ki lo n worry man yi. O je lo sun.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 12:03am On Dec 27, 2007
@Debo

Surely you are not too traumatised by the result to note that I haven't made one single prediction about Arsenal that hasn't come true.Match day 10,games against Liverpool and Boro ? Go and pour a bucket of water over yourself .

Its not even February yet and you are sounding like a elderly Alzheimers patient. What are you going to do when you drop down to 3rd place? grin grin

You played City and Sevilla at home in the last 2months? This is getting serious shocked Do you remember your name? Are you suffering from a fever? Weren't the games against Villa and Chelski slug fests? What's your point? Its only December and you are gibbering like a lunatic! grin grin

Have a lie down and figure out why you struggle to beat sides like Wigan and Steau Bucharest
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:03am On Dec 27, 2007
@ Lawyer,

If only u know what your fellow GAYnners have done on ma thread, u wouldnt be here defending em.
No doubt, there are some sensible Arsenal fans but the % of IDIOTS in your camp is like 99.
You will meet one sensible gooner in 500 . . . . .Isn't that appaling??

Anyways, your analysis is too long.
I would rather you take it to Snaresbrook Crown Court. grin grin grin grin
Wenger will need it more there than here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrpataki(m): 12:10am On Dec 27, 2007
Jackal:

@ Pataki,

It seems u have been smoking your cat's pubic hair AGAIN.
Just one point? some few weeks ago . . . .Arsenal had a potential 6-point-gap.
Fast forward it to BOXING DAY . . . . .They have nuthing.
First all, it was . . . .We are going to have an unbeaten season . . . . then it was UNBEATEN in the league and now it is . . . .maybe MAY 2008!!!!!!!!
Take a chill pill, Mr pillock. . . . . . You aint winning Bleep ALL.

Seems you are the one who has the most the highly rated goobledygook out of your fellow manure eaters. At least we had a mission at the beginning of the season, we maintained it up until now. If not for that Adebayor of a person.

We have realised where we went wrong, and we are definitely working on that. The season is not yet over, stop the mad barkings and think of our shameful it will be when you loose this premiership. It never was meant to be yours anyways.

I am tired of reading this nonsense you keep typing every now and then.

Gunner Pataki cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 12:12am On Dec 27, 2007
@lawyer

Who is supposed to read that pile of drivel? Your whole screed could have been aptly summarised into,Gooners are shite! grin

@Jackal

Suddenly,they ain't telling us that "the table doesn't lie"! grin They are even suggesting that the table might have delved into some dishonesty.I used to think Mr Table was the most honest dude ever to exist.Now Gooners are saying Mr Table might be a tad bit deceptive.Who would have thought so ? Certainly not Gayners who crowned themselves Prem League 1/3rd Champions!

Have you seen the rapid descent of that King of Delusion,Debosky,into a gibbering twaddle talking,senile lunatic? Do you have any pills for him?Its not February yet and he has lost the plot
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:16am On Dec 27, 2007
@ I-man I was obviously lumping you along with your lord and master jackal tongue

but I guess deductive reasoning is lost on you simply due to a one point lead grin

I am in full possession of my reasoning faculties, no problems there at all

We didn't struggle to beat Steau if you bothered to watch the game. . .we led 2-0 and eased off the pedal giving them a way back into the game. Wigan? It was a tough game without many of our top choice players - is there any more needed to explain?

Now this is P'mouth, a very good side, we haven't won there since '04, so its not at all surprising or 'a result of a trend' that we would drop points there - given the number of our ex-players who are up there, and the generally good form of the side all season. As you rightly shocked grin said, P'mouth is tough enough opposition, and we did not defeat them. cool

Jackal stop creaming yourself over tasting first place for more than one day this season. . .there is still lots of footie to be played. The league table does NOT lie and you are currently on top. Whether you will remain there will be seen soon enough. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 12:17am On Dec 27, 2007
Strange thing happened today.I checked out the Guardian site,looking for the League table shortly after the Sunderland game,before Arsenal played Pompey.It mistakenly credited Arsenal with 19 games but a point behind Utd,as if the Pompey game had been played !What an omen grin Those guys at the Guardian are a prescient lot

Talking about prescience,Martin Samuel,Times journalist,predicted on Sunday that Arsenal would finish at least 10 points behind Utd come May! Hope the Fat Bastard is bloody right for once! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrpataki(m): 12:20am On Dec 27, 2007
Just one point ahead and all this ranting? undecided

So much for point starvation. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bolaoni(m): 12:21am On Dec 27, 2007
Hey guys, abeg let these gooners be jare. Don't compound their miseries grin

Debo, sorry my dear as i told some gooners after the match, time to start Prayer
and Fasting be this o. With Everton next, I can't see us not going 4 points ahead of
you guys tongue

The party is definitely over Gooners wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 12:21am On Dec 27, 2007
debosky:

Now this is P'mouth, a very good side, we haven't won there since '04, so its not at all surprising or 'a result of a trend' that we would drop points there - given the number of our ex-players who are up there, and the generally good form of the side all season.

Debosky back at his best!Nobel nominee for The Most Inane Footballing Excuses.It didn't take long,did it?His brain is permanently in excuse-making mode-No of ex-players,generally good form,haven't won there since '04-Bloody hell!!The boy is an Obssesive Compulsive Excusesionist grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lawyer(m): 12:23am On Dec 27, 2007
@jackal

even if 99% insult you, cant u spare a though for the one % that hasnt insulted you before b4 you insult everyone. At least i havent insulted you b4 so why lump me into your insults with a blanket insult? Take for example I-MAN, i have never replied him before or spoken to him but can you see what he wrote. At least he had more meaniful ways to counter attack my argument which wasnt directed at anyone else in particular. If people begin to insult him, you might come to his defence and say arsenal fans have been insulting him for ages when he actually sets the ball rolling for such hatred.

As for my posts, it was aimed at that crappy Arrow adebayor, sorry for the ranting but i had to let it out. I wish he was playing for another team not my amazing gunners.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 12:23am On Dec 27, 2007
I-man:

Debosky back at his best!Nobel nominee for The Most Inane Footballing Excuses.It didn't take long,did it?His brain is permanently in excuse-making mode-No of ex-players,generally good form,haven't won there since '04-Bloody hell!!The boy is an Obssesive Compulsive Excusesionist grin grin

I thought i was the only one who saw the barrage of excuses Debosky tendered!  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:24am On Dec 27, 2007
@ Pataki,

I am yet to see a bigger codswallop on this thread.
You sure spew loads a tripe as a GAYnner . . Used to think Debosky n MC Omo are the biggest plonkers . . .You r fast becoming the king of muppets!
Anyways, let me let u breathe a bit . . . .You need it before u die of a massive heart attack. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Call your GP tonight to administer drugs for your frail heart.

@ Debosky,

The amount of applesauce you spew can sink the TITANIC.
Now Pompey is a quality team? You didnt say so when we played 1-1 with 10 men in August, did ya?
Are u this pathetic, I am sure your excuses would have been . . . .Fab4, Flamster, Hleb and Rosicky weren't FIT . . .
They are FIT now and the idiots couldn't even score a single goal . . . . .
Is Fab4 better than ANDERSON?

@ I-man,

I hate fat slobs . . . .Martin Samuel is one!!!!!!
He became ma best pal on sunday supplement since the day he said Arsenal would finish 10 points behind Man Utd. grin grin grin
I hope he gets it right this time.
Please . . . . . what has Fab4 done since he came back from his fake injury?
3 months of GRAGGS and all of a sudden . . . .an EMPTY TANK?

@ Lawyer,

Sell Adebayor and buy Ogbeche or Agahowa.
Adebayor is not a striker . . . . he is a clown . . . . .
He doesnt know what an offside trap is . . . .I could count like 5 times when he was offside and Hleb n Fab4 was waiting for him to get back ON.
Emmanuel Adebayor needs to go back to Togo to learn how to spring offside-traps . . .he should learn from Tevez.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ajadrage: 12:27am On Dec 27, 2007
The game of football is played in the field and the psychology of the game is played in our minds. Arsenal to all intent and purpose failed to rise up to an occassion that should warrant their claim to being true title contenders. This is especially when the game with Pompey came after the Man United win (and a convincing one at that too). Even before the loss to Middlesborough, it was obvious that the team that Arsene had assembled still had to prove themselves.

This might not be an Arsenal season of triumph as the United lads have shown some more consistent commitment to retaining their championship. And coming from way down in the table at the earlier parts of the season, even while Arsenal maintained a leading position, to now top the premiership going into the last game of the year, it might not be a travesty of justice if the well known tenacity of Sir Alex's squad doing a back to back is repeated once again. . .

I no be Man U fan oh grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:33am On Dec 27, 2007
@ ajadrage,

What an observation . . . . .
You are a STAR . . . .Man Utd was stuck in the 19th position after 3 games scoring ONLY 1 GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!
16 games later . . . .They are sitting on top with 36 goals conceding just NINE.
If that aint CHARACTER and GRIT then i wonder what those words really mean.
Ferguson has built a MONSTER OF A TEAM . . . . .The quality of the team speaks for itself.
Cristiano Ronaldo is top draw. . . . He is better than 12 Arsenal players CLONED together . .
Add Wenger to the cloning and the combo cant even touch Cristiano.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrpataki(m): 1:01am On Dec 27, 2007
@ Jackal,

Soon this one point madness will clear from your eyes. I will be here to ridicule you the more.

Gunner Pataki cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 1:51am On Dec 27, 2007
@ Pataki,

All i can say to u now is: self-service OFF.
. . . . .and of all the handles u could have taken . . .PATA-ki.
I-man told me PATA means female undies!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
In other words . . .You are PANTIES-ki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Islander,

Where you at?
It seems u are going to have to pay for extra luggage . . . .
How much did u take to Vincy? A million dollars?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:00am On Dec 27, 2007
Jackal your Yoruba is terrible. tongue

anyway carry on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 2:03am On Dec 27, 2007
@ TOH,

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You got your handle back?? I am happy for u.
Dont mind ma yoruba . . . . .I-man is striving hard to teach me the basics.
Very soon, i will be competing in a YORUBA essay wiv u.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:06am On Dec 27, 2007
Ajadrage your comments are neither here nor there

This same 'mental strength' scenario happened two weeks back. . .MU beat Liverpool and all expected us to crumble against Chelsea and we beat them. . .so in two or three examples, we have done the business twice and not done it once - is that conclusive evidence in your mind?

I wasn't giving an excuse I-man, I actually had doubts about a stellar performance tonight and it has come true. If to state the obvious regarding your opposition is 'excuse making' then by all means I am guilty. But please don't for a second think Pompey and Sunderland and Derby are on the same level. Yes we drew the game, and dare I say that will be one of the toughest places for us to go away this season.

We could've won but didn't. . .but thats how it goes sometimes.

Its a tad early to speak of 'justice or injustice' - the performances will tell over the marathon. MU are on form now, no doubt about it. We may not be firing on all cylinders but there are two incidents during the game that gave me far more worry than the scoreline.

Gallas and Clichy both got knocks that seemed serious, I was very worried they would both have to leave or have serious injury. Luckily they didn't, and for the time being (till Kolo leaves for ACN) our defence is still together and solid. cool

With those guys still going strong and Almunia showing sharp reflexes once again. . .the foundation of this team is still solid. Yes Fab4 and co did not click well today - Rozzi was our best performer, but we will bounce back - and you can take that to the bank.

1 point off the lead and their gloating like its 50? Time will tell even Fergie says this campaign will be closer than most others and some folk here think once they are ahead the race is over?

The funniest case are the chelski fans who almost lost at home and conceded 4 goals with red cards flowing. . .not to talk of Obi, Essien and Kalou (DD's out anyways) leaving soon? grin grin

Liverpool will soon overtake Chelski, I predict an Arsenal, MU, Liverpool and Chelsea final 4 in descending order of course cool

@ TOH
Jackal is an area boy from under-bridge at Lagos Island, he is just trying to impress with this English he read off billboards while shining shoes on Oxford street grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.