Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,773 members, 7,882,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (521281 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by anusule(m): 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2007
holythug:

Arsenal make una sorry o grin

hey!, move angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2007
this love-hate thing with Ade has to stop. tongue

He has done the business for us time and again this season, its not his fault if he doesn't get service.

Let other strikers complement him and you'll see his best. he's no superman thats a fact, but he is by far a better player than he was last season.

We can beat Everton at Goodison, we didn't do it last season in the league, but we beat them in the CC - we just need to be mentally strong and play to our strengths.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2007
Does anyone know what's wrong with RVPersie, Heard about the thigh strain before the Spurs game,wonder what is still wrong,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toba1909(m): 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2007
He's still not fit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2007
he has thigh strain. . .AW will not risk aggravating any injuries right now, he'll play safe rather than cause a Gallas #2 this season.

meanwhile it seems Ballack has learned something during his time injured with DD - the act of Diving tongue The dude is so good at it that he even got Zat Knight sent off when there was no contact shocked shocked grin. cashley being sent off was very gratifying too. . .bloody cheat hand-balling on the line grin grin

up Chelski school of Diving/Cheating! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2007
@debosky
Nahh not till he proves beyond reasonable doubt that he is the man.I dont see why we shouldnt get another striker by January if not to replace him but to at least compliment and compete so he doesnt get too relaxed.As for the Everton game it will be a notch tougher because with players like Cahill,Yak and Arteta you can be sure they would be playing for a win
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ Debosky,

You are a disgrace to all GAYnners.
Ashley Cole never handled the ball . . . .The officials got it wrong and Chelsea is appealing that decison as we speak.
Can u explain what your GODSON- - - -Eboue was doing praying n kneeling like a Somali Imam yesterday when he fouled a Pompey player?
Arsenal will not recover from these schitzo . . . . .These new set of twats u have lack the technical know-how.
Man Utd on the other hand has got Giggsy, Scholesy, Neville, Rio and even Wes Brown to guide peops like Nani and Anderson to anutha title.
We should be 8 points clear by January ending. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ Debosky,
You are right,
Ade is a much better player compared to last season,
and the truth is that he can't do more than he is able to grin grin grin,
He never said he was Th14,Raul or Etoo,
I remember when Fulham wanted more from Man utd before Saha could be sold, The dude declared that he was no Ronaldo, that why would Fulham want a big pay check for him ,
People should lay off Ade jo,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2007
HNIC:

@ Coded Guy,
Cut the beef man, What prediction?
That we will be 1 point off the mark by Xmas day, sorry oops boxing day , oops, whatever, .
Everyone who has watched the EPL since inception will know, that the race has just begun,
It will be premature for the mancs to be gloating over a 1 point lead and to also write off Arsenal because of some prediction,that Arsenal won't be top by Boxing day, sorry Xmas day grin grin grin,
The race has just started, WEst Ham comes next for u guys on Saturday and we've got another trip to Merceyside.
We could be the one laughing by New Year's eve grin grin

Laughing thru the ass u mean!!!!!!!!!

A-40:

@debosky
Pompey where always going to be a tough fixture even though i fancied us beating them now we have to go all out against Everton whom we have not beaten at Goodison Park in the Prem since the 4-1 rout in the opening game of the 04/05 season hmm i am not just comfortable with Adebayor as lone striker heck where was he when people where buying Torres?

debosky:

this love-hate thing with Ade has to stop. tongue

He has done the business for us time and again this season, its not his fault if he doesn't get service.

Let other strikers complement him and you'll see his best. he's no superman thats a fact, but he is by far a better player than he was last season.

We can beat Everton at Goodison, we didn't do it last season in the league, but we beat them in the CC - we just need to be mentally strong and play to our strengths.

A-40:

@debosky
Nahh not till he proves beyond reasonable doubt that he is the man.I don't see why we shouldnt get another striker by January if not to replace him but to at least compliment and compete so he doesnt get too relaxed.As for the Everton game it will be a notch tougher because with players like Cahill,Yak and Arteta you can be sure they would be playing for a win

what is all this?

Guess they are breaking apart. even their fans, and the best ass anal player is the cause grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
Cole deserved to be sent off simply for being a greedy cheting plonker tongue and the ref obviously agreed wink

with Cech making blunders, Carva and JT out of the next game. . .Chelsea may concede quite a few more goals in coming weeks.

Ade has done his best, no one envisaged him being lone striker for 3 months, let RVP & Dudu get their acts together - Nicklas is performing well too.

Maybe, just maybe we need a winger in January? Not forgetting a CB of course - Gallas almost got injured and my heart was in my mouth all night over him. We need Captain G fit as a fiddle, so AW better have started his backroom dealings now. tongue

coded guy - shut it. Where have you been all these days/months? Jackal and I-man can come and gloat, they've been here all along. But fair weather ninnys like yourself who run away at the slightest sign of trouble and come back to glory hunt when the team is winning should SHUT UP tongue

I knew SHIT always attracted flies. . .but this is freaking ridiculous tongue grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2007
@coded guy
Dont be such a muppet

@HNIC
I wont lay off him till he improves i dont want him thinking he has arrived

@Jackal
Ashely Cole did handle the bal.l The dude is pathetic please tell me what reasonable thing he has done since joining Chelsea thank God we sold the disloyal Arrow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ Coded guy,
Guess u are just a comedian grin grin
Whoever told u Ade was our best player, Even on nairaland, he's not particularly liked by the Gooners,
I will remind u again of today, when next the manc do a 'bolton' or a 'manc city' grin grin grin grin grin.
Hope u will be around, and not crawl back into a hole grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ikorodu(m): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2007
stuff the gooners
stuff the mancs and finally stuff the chelski brigade.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2007
Are Gooners still in denial? grin You want to win the Prem with Ade as your lead striker grin The donkey has scored 6 of his 10 goals against Derby and Spurs(the "best" defences in the Prem) grin

What is it now. . . .5 goals in your last 5 league games.Any person with at least half a brain can see that Arsenal's problem transcends this single game.

Can you imagine. . . .Wenger accused Dirty Harry of being too negative. shocked The man is a bloody nuisance.Are Pompey supposed to play in a way that suits Arsenal?

I can see the blind HNIC is cautioning on gloating about being on top in December.Funny,he was gloating about being on top in September grin 1million points clear with 1 billion games in hand. . . .bloody plonker ! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ugepboy(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2007
The most interesting scene of yesterday's melodrama at portsmouth was when Niko Kranjcar took on little Sagna, I laughed until I spilled my Heineken. It was a sorry sight.

I'm enjoying the 'what went wrong' refrain you guys are singing at the moment.

Ade was not fed. . .

Gallas was not fit. . .

A rough tackle on Clichy. . .

Rosiscky would have scored. . .

It was too much fun to see the goners drop points at Pompey yesternight.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2007
Fine Ade has done his best but given the opportunity he has been giving by Wenger i dont expect less he was not that patient with Julio and he might be regretting that by now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2007
ugepboy:

The most interesting scene of yesterday's melodrama at portsmouth was when Niko Kranjcar took on little Sagna, I laughed until I spilled my Heineken. It was a sorry sight.

He was spinning Lasagna around so much,the ugly pillock looked like those reggae musicians dancing in on of those 80s music videos. grin grin

It used be, " 3 of our 4 best midfielders are still out","we are playing many away games in quick succession". . . . .now its,"you don't win the League in December".Idiots. . . .should have known that all the while.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2007
Fine Ade has done his best but given the opportunity he has been giving by Wenger i dont expect less he was not that patient with Julio and he might be regretting that by now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2007
Did someone say Arsenal can't play 4-4-2 against Everton? What the hell. . . . United played 4-4-2 there and didn't concede.What about your £8m? "new Henry",Eduardo.What did they sign him for. . . . the Carling Cup

So you are too scared to play 2 strikers against Everton? Arsenal must play to their strenghts.Ever since you started playing 4-5-1,you have been struggling to score goals-5 league goals in your last 5 league games-that is the root of your problem.

If you are too intimidated to play 2 strikers against bloody Everton of all teams,you are completely useless.Even Madrid played 3 attackers-Raul,Van Nistlerooy and Robinho-against Barca at the Nou Camp,with Baptista and Sneider behind them,they were still solid.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ I-man,

Wenger is a pussy.
I lost all respect for him when he played 4-5-1 against Man Utd at the Emirates.
How can a side playing on home soil be so defensive? Its pathetic.
United was the only team trying to win the game and Arsenal played catch-up throughout the whole game.

Bes' believe it . . . .Arsenal will still play Hleb in the hole with Adebayor on top at Goodison park.
Arsene Wenger has no PLAN B . . . .Dont tell me u havent heard of that statement before.
If everything goes to plan . . .he can be sometimes brilliant . . .
However, when u stiffle his midfield like Muntari and Bouba Diop did last night, Wenger is a classic Arrow.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2007
debosky:

Cole deserved to be sent off simply for being a greedy cheting plonker tongue and the ref obviously agreed wink

with Cech making blunders, Carva and JT out of the next game. . .Chelsea may concede quite a few more goals in coming weeks.

Ade has done his best, no one envisaged him being lone striker for 3 months, let RVP & Dudu get their acts together - Nicklas is performing well too.

Maybe, just maybe we need a winger in January? Not forgetting a CB of course - Gallas almost got injured and my heart was in my mouth all night over him. We need Captain G fit as a fiddle, so AW better have started his backroom dealings now. tongue

coded guy - shut it. Where have you been all these days/months? Jackal and I-man can come and gloat, they've been here all along. But fair weather ninnys like yourself who run away at the slightest sign of trouble and come back to glory hunt when the team is winning should SHUT UP tongue

I knew SHIT always attracted flies. . .but this is freaking ridiculous tongue grin grin

@trebosky
u dey vex, i was only stating the obvious.

u guys are almost at each others neck, wether adebayo is it or not.

Thats shows how committed and loyal u guys can be to a guy who your coach thinks is your BEST EVER grin grin grin grin choice striker.

you guys shud not blame the guy or haven't you heard of the saying ' i'd rather have a dog(adebayor) than an injured(RVP) lion' sad

I will be here, u can count on it grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2007
I want to talk about Ade.

1. He is not crap
2. He is not great either
3. His strength is holding up the ball
4. He is at his best when reacting on pure unstinct
5. When he has time to think about what to do he falls apart.
6. He does not have a footballing brain.

Based on the above Ade is not suited to being part of build up from deep because he will mostly make the wrong move or pass.

He needs to be in around the box ready to receive a ball and score.

He is not our main striker.

We need to go back to 4-4-2 asap

When he is up alone and we are struggling, bendneter should come on earlier, he gives us more options and is hungry to prove himself.

I do not blame Ade but rather it is Wenger's job to emply his personnel to their best use.

I am confident that Arsenal will still push Man Un all the way and win the league.

Remember that traditionally Arsenal have always been better as the chasing club.

Watch Man U crumble.

Nani, Anderson, Wes Brown, O'shea, Saha, that is a recipe for disaster if I have ever seen one.

Mark My words.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:34pm On Dec 27, 2007
@I-man
Despite the fact that you can be a pain in the ass every now and then i have to agree with you on this one why the heck cant Wenger play 4-4-2 it is nauseating to me especially when your 4-5-1 has an unsharp striker like Adebayor in front.I agree with your analysis 100 %
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ugepboy(m): 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2007
Be informed that Arteta is fit again! The magical Cahill is very much in shape, with an ever dazzling Yak. The best you can get at Everton is a draw.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ I-man,
Did u have to refer to me as 'blind',
Why can't u, in the spirit of the season, be at least Civil?
You can gloat all u like, but u know, when u are alone in your room, that this ain't no gunner team like the previous two seasons, and we'll see whether the mancs will still be singing in May 2008,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2007
@Vieira
I agree with you on point 2-6 if you are gonna use a 4-5-1 you use it with someone who knows his primary job is to tuck the ball in the net and not get involved with the midfield someone like a Pippo,Torres,Ruud those are the kinda strikers you play 4-5-1 with not Ade
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ Vieira,

You are a bigger IDIOT than i thunk.
How can u say Nani, Anderson, Brown and Saha are recipe for disaster?
A fast-improving Anderson that Myles Palmer said he is better than Fabregas?
Have u seen Myles Palmer's Premiership's XI this season? U will find Anderson in his midfield.

Saha is better than all the strikers in Arsenal.
Wes Brown is a make-shift RB . . . .Gary Neville is the 1st choice.
O'Shea is a squad player . . . . .The 1st choice is Patrice Evra who makes ur Gael Clichy look like a doofus that u are.
We have got srength in depth and quality in depth.
From 5 points gap with a game in hand TO one point ahead with no game in hand . . . . Man Utd rocks.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2007
Gallas is not 100% sure of playinig on Sat. The cookies has started crumbling.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2007
A-40:

@I-man
Despite the fact that you can be a pain in the ass every now and then i have to agree with you on this one why the heck can't Wenger play 4-4-2 it is nauseating to me especially when your 4-5-1 has an unsharp striker like Adebayor in front.I agree with your analysis 100 %

Is it not obvious, wengay cannot play 4-4-2 against a formidable team because he feels his best strenght lies in the midfield, which might just be a fact. but what i cant understand is y u wud think your midfield is soooooooooo good that u wud have an adebayor be your main striker. lets be fair to wengay,RVP can get injured in his sleep, so the only thing wengay can hold on to is his midfield.

am sure he is thinking of playing 5-5-0 against everton  angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2007
coded guy:

am sure he is thinking of playing 5-5-0 against everton angry angry angry angry
Kant stop lauffin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ikorodu(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2007
Jackal:

@ Vieira,

Saha is better than all the strikers in Arsenal.

when he is not lying in hospital, then yes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2007
@HNIC

Shut the hell up,you blind plonker! grin Where you not gloating in September,dimwit? Suddenly giving us advice. . . . .bloody schmuck.

@OgaV

Ade is not the sole root of the problem.Any striker will struggle at Arsenal if they play 4-5-1.However,you have to be a world class striker to play the lone striker role effectively,Ade is not that quality

Its okay if you are surrounded by goal scoring midfielders prepared to break their neck to enter the box and make up the numbers.Rosicky and Hleb aren't such and only Cesc provides that but he hasn't been doing so lately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.