Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,775 members, 7,945,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (533837 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2008
Man utd played a friendly last season,it was some sorta anniversary.And every time gerrard as much as came near the ball,folks in the north pole could hear the boos.Go and do ur homework b4 u come here and spew gibberish.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ eldee
help me tell this slowpoke called cougar.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Cougar
Gerrard was seriously booed in the begining of the match but when it subsided he increased it by making tackles at Rooney and some other scummers.
What are u even saying? even at thier best Gerrard and Crouch get abused at OT England games

@ritchboy
lol. . .i guess he didn't take the match serious but he sure ain't no slowpoke grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ ritchboy,
i have warned u times without number to keep ur strong language in your household. slowpoke, idiot and other strong words u use dont really belong to your stereotype. is it necessary u use such words to drive your points home? stop promoting urself as a cyber-gangstar. dont even think u get respect by using words that do not belong to your genre. for the 5th time in a week, i maintain u should get a life.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2008
Cougar
i still maintain u are a slowpoke.I told you gerrard got booed and u said its a "white elephant lie".Then after i prove my point all ur half-baked brain could come up with in ur defence is an utterly senseless rant about "strong language".Obviously ur the one who should get a life.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2008
there's no point trading words with u. there is banter and there is banter. unfrotunately, u dont know the difference. i dont like u in the slightest-yet i pity your guts.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2008
Cougar/Jackal tongue

Just accept that you got it wrong on the Stevie G stuff and lets keep it moving, your need to show you know all, has been made to look blatantly stupid. How will someone ask why Davids was booed Even the flipping commentators during the game (John Barnes and Tyler i guess undecided) mentioned that it was because he once played for the Spuds.

Thats why everyone cheered when the Grimster (Grimandi) tackled him from behind to concede a pen, when Davids was through on goal (Having gone past the keeper, with an empty net in sight). The commentator said; "Can't let a Spurs player score a goal at the Emirates".

If you don't know that, then why do you act as if you know stuff on Arsenal.

Its like asking a Scum United supporter why Danny Murphy is always booed at OT or why Phil/Gary Nevile are always booed at Anfield. (with Phil having played for the Northern Scum, now playing for Everton, the Blue Scum of Liverpool, as far as the Red half are concerned).

Viera got a standing ovation both at Highbury and Emirates, Pires would get a standing ovation anytime, so what are you saying. Kanu is never booed, and Sol wasn't booed when Pompey came to town.

@ Wormy

Did Diarra ever say that he would leave Arsenal if another club came for him This has nothing to do with Diarra, a player shows his impatience and his unprofessional nature, and we all should be impressed

Wormy, do you know why Tevez will always be held in high esteem at West Ham, rather than say Mascherano BECAUSE TEVEZ WAS A PROFESSIONAL, and gave his all to the cause, even when it was obvious that West ham couldn't keep him (He reported for training after the Copa, when United were trying to tie up his deal), never once did he make trouble with the Club.

That my dear wormy is a professional. Thats why as much as Rio might be respected, some Scum supporters still hold a grudge over his behaviour with the contract debacle (Wasn't he booed by his supporters, even when SAF weighed in on the matter).

Thats why, as much as Rooney is respected and admired by Evertonians, as he is a born and bred everton lad, most still feel he was unprofessional in the manner he left for Scum United (I remember Moyes suing him over comments in his auto bio).

Cougar / Jackal was talking about standing ovations for Smith Will Gaby Heinze ever be given a standing ovationat OT, or Sol given a standing ovation at Spurs

Wormy do you know why Alan Smith will always be given a standing ovation at Leeds United, if ever he got to play against them, compared to what Jermaine Defoe will ever get at West Ham when ever he goes there.

Wormy do most Chelsea fans actually feel Cashley Cole is a true Blue

Sometimes, you all should layoff the sentiments. Diarra behaved childish and we are pointing it out, no fan has come out to support his behaviour (Have you even bothered to go through any Pompey Fanzine or Blog to read their opinions ). Yet, Arsenal supporters are meant to be different

For your info, Arsene wished him well, and that is the official line, fans are just expressing their views, WHICH WE HAVE A RIGHT TO!! I mean when Grant was appointed as coach, didn't Chelsea supporters hold up banners during games, praising Maureen, even till this moment, a large percentage still haven't taken to the Jew (i vividly remember you raising mutinous thoughts, now you are here talking rubbish ).

MIND YOUR SELF OH!! tongue tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2008
abeg tell them Loyiks tongue

Cougar for all he seems to know can make some egregious blunders. Booing Davids is like chanting '1-0 up and you f$%# it up' whenever we play Tottenham - even when they take the lead, they can't keep it. Fact of life man wink

So we should be singing Diarra's praises for leaving? What Bollocks! tongue

A player who REFUSED to play in the CC match against Spurs because he 'was not in the right frame of mind'? shocked What insolence, I say again, GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD KAKA tongue (apologies to AC Milan)

So buying Diarra 6 months ago and making a profit off him makes us a selling club? grin grin

How much did MU make off selling Becks? So that makes them a selling club too eh?

Or how much did AC make for selling Sheva, or Barca make from selling Figo to Madrid?

Our financial dealings are always different from other clubs, the way we run our business is unique to us, others like Chelski play the buy the most expensive player available gambit, we buy still developing talent that can be allowed to mature to its full potential. Sometimes muppets like Diarra come along, and you just deal with it. 3.5m in 6 months? AW should start trading on the FTSE grin

Enough about all these issues. . .back to Arsenal

WTF is wrong with RVP? like blogger said, it seems he broke a mirror and hit seven years of bad luck or something, if not what gives with these recurrent injuries? We're so lucky Togo didn't qualify, if not we are in the biggest mess ever. Good thing Dudu and Bendtner are also gaining form right now.

Hope he comes back to give us the knock out punch against Meelan tongue

Djourou is also out for two weeks undecided

I just hope Big Phil gets his act together and Gallas remains fit, if not we are in deep doo doo, I don't fancy Bertie at CB though maybe Hoyte could possibly deputise there as well. If we can get some above average CB for that 3.5 we should act NOW.

On the looks of it, MU's squad gives them a whole lot of luxury we do not have now. . .if we suffer too many more injuries it could be the undoing of our title race.

But one piece of good news is that Rozzi has been relatively fit all season compared to the last one, and he's ready for Fulham tomorrow.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ loyika & debosky,
u guys make me laugh. u had to write those cryptic lines to drive your points home. swp once played for man city. i am yet to see any united fan boo him for playing for man city. robbie fowler, el hadji diouf and owen all played for liverpool, united fans dont boo them. all i was trying to say is arsenal fans are too aggressive. edgar davids wasn't even a spurs player when the testimonial game was played. he is not english so he doesn't even know about the spurs/arsenal rivalry before he signed. so why will some set of drunken fans(majority at emirates) will stoop so low and boo edgar davids on a special day like that. it beggars belief.

on financial dealings, arsenal is a selling club. man utd can sell david beckham all they want but they will still go out there and buy the rooneys, ferdinands, verons, andersons and nanis at cut throat prices. arsene wenger goes into the market to buy cheap players to make profits in transfer dealings. who sets out to make profits in transfer market at the expense of buying quality players? vieira was sold, henry was sold and what did wenger bring in? diaby and eduardo. how does that make wenger a ftse expert? why hasn't he turn arsenal into the richest club in england despite his economic acumen. keep living in fool's paradise. arsenal is a selling club. look at milan, liverpool, man utd, barcelona and chelsea and see why they are successful and why wenger is yet to retain a premier league title. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2008
Cougar / Jackal

stop being a dimbat, Go and ask Davids if he didn't know why he was booed I mentioned that even John Barnes (who was commentating), gave the reason why he was being booed, and you still talk trash. did John Barnes ever play for Arsenal

On your issue of Selling club, i leave you in your cloud of euphoric junk. If Arsenal is a selling club, then what is Barca Or Ajax

Is Arsenal not the second richest club in England (Was the richest, before United declared their earnings) , richer than Liverpool, which is a bigger club, richer than Chelsea, who without RA is a piss poor club.

What is your flipping point .

GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ loyika,
stop talking like a complete novice. john barnes is english. he would know about the tradition. edgar davids is not english so why should he take the blame for joining spurs. i understand u guys booing ashley cole. but why boo davids who had nuthing to do with arsenal apart from playing for spurs?
it makes no sense. united should boo diouf because he once played for the scousers?

barca is not a selling club. they keep the best in their club and sell the remnants to other clubs. fabregas went to arsenal because he cannot keep iniesta and xavi on the bench. pique left because he will not displace puyol anytime soon. a look at barcelona team b will tell u they have more than enough in their kitty. they kept bojan and sold merida to arsenal. that is the way they operate. they are quite different from arsenal who has a non-existent academy.

arsenal only became rich after they moved to the emirates who gives them 3 million on tickets alone. chelsea will be richer if they move to a bigger stadium likewise liverpool. don't come here to tell us what u don't know. the highest transfer deal arsenal has ever done was jose antonio reyes for 17 million. liverpool has broken that mark. chelsea has surpassed it so what makes u rich if u cannot transform financial success to titles?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2008
Cougar, its comments like these that get me back into 'Jackal mode' tongue

GO and ask Luis Figo, he was BOOED EVERY TIME he played for Real against Barcelona, that is what happens when a player leaves a club he is supposed to be loyal to under bad circumstances.

No one boos Kanu, Lauren and others when they play at Arsenal, because they served with all they had and departed under honourable circumstances, ditto for Pires, Edu and a host of others. Even David Seaman got cheers when he came back to Highbury.

Players who were loyal to the club cause will NEVER be booed, but traitors will get that treatment, and they deserve it by all means! tongue

'it makes no sense, united should boo diouf because he played for the scousers?'

Once again, must I remind you that WE ARE NOT THE SCUM ?? tongue

We don't need to do what you do! Does Liverpool/MU have the same proximity as Arsenal/Spurs or the same local rivalry? Stop comparing apples with cheesecake my friend. tongue

Arsenal/Spurs are eternal foes, the animosity runs through generations, that is a TRUE derby.

Its like saying Everton fans won't boo a former Liverpool player?

Arsenal were only rich when they moved to a new stadium? Chelsea can't fill its 45,000 capacity stadium regularly, how on earth will they fill one with 60,000 people? "grin" there aren't enough rich toddlers in London to achieve that so it won't work. They will NOT be richer by moving to a new stadium.

Liverpool may be richer than they are now, but will likely not reach the level of Arsenal because their player trading strategies are different.

Arsenal's wealth comes from its rich supportership and following, the fans NEEDED a bigger stage to watch their stars, Chelski have the dough, but won't build another stadium cos they cannot occupy it.

Dude, we just moved into the stadium last season, we had it rough getting familiar with new surroundings, fast forward to this season - we are neck and neck with the champions of last season, above Chelski and far above Liverpool with their bank breaking transactions over the summer.

That simply shows you that spending alone will never achieve the title, MU added only Carrick and won the league, so that should've been enough of an example for you. What title did 30m Sheva bring Chelski last season?

What makes you rich? The money you have in the bank dude, and we got loads of it over Chelski and the Scousers, with more on the way after Highbury developments. We are a model of wise financial dealings in the sports world without some rich bugger coming in to take over before that can be done.

Who cares if you think we are a selling club? A selling club that currently has the highest number of FA cup wins in the past decade, the second highest number of premiership victories. The non selling Chelski and Liverpool are yet to surpass us on those counts.

So MU also buys remnants too, since they got pique from Barca right? and they also have a 'non-existent academy' on the same count right?

Titles? Just you wait, second (first fully settled) season at our new home and we are neck and neck, without the 'big spending' (our choice, our way)

The race is on! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ debosky,
as expected of any arsenal fan, they don't get it!!! ashley cole deserves to be booed because he was once an arsenal player before moving to chelsea(a rival club), luis figo deserves the boos because he was once a barca player before joining real madrid. edgar davids never played for arsenal before playing for spurs so why should arsenal fans boo him? it's like united fans booing  torres, crouch, babel, elano and mpenza because they once played for a rival club. it makes no sense.
u should have added a selling club that has never won anything in europe, never won the league cup in 11 attempts, never retained a premiership title, has failed to win any title in the last 2 seasons. chelsea and liverpool can still raise their hands up if we take the events that happened 3 years ago. liverpool won ucl, chelsea won back to back titles. what has arsenal won since 2004? a miserable fa cup!!!! keep selling and keep getting deceived by your dubious board who will do anything to make fans feel things are rosy at the club.

please stop saying u are neck and neck with last season's champions. is that your main objective this season or trying to stop these run of barren seasons? arsenal for what they are should be hungrier for this title than any other club. arsenal must win the league this season or else it makes 4 seasons without winning the premier league. arsenal is a selling club, united is not. man utd go out there to buy players and they don't care if they make profit/loss in the transfer market like arsenal. no prize is given for stuffs like that. p.s. liverpool has more fans than arsenal. the mad men wearing arsenal shirts(according to dayokanu) in lagos does not make the number.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2008
"davids never played for arsenal so why should they boo him"?
Did gerrard ever play for man utd?
I still maintain. . . YOU ARE A slowpoke.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Cougar
You are a bad rash.We are stuck with you for as long as you choose to use this handle what is your business with us being a buying or a selling club
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ Cougar
No one understands your point!
U really do not know the intense rivalry between Spurs and Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ ritchboy,
slowpoke must be the most common word used in your household. hang on to it till u learn another word. so much for exposure.
@ hnic,
u are more reasonable so lets continue the debate. i know the rivalry between arsenal and spurs and i support arsenal fans booing any player that crosses from arsenal to spurs and vice versa. man utd booing stevie gerrard has a reason. gerrard wrote in his autobiography that he was raised to hate man utd fans. in his book, he said his greatest wish is to see man utd die. tell me why united fans are not justified to boo gerrard. did edgar davids write any book about arsenal wishing them to die? arsenal booing edgar davids is senseless.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2008
Adebayor wins BBC player award

Emmanuel Adebayor has been voted BBC African Player of the Year

Emmanuel Adebayor has won the 2007 BBC African Footballer of the Year award after a public vote.

The Togo striker garnered almost 42% of the vote, beating Didier Drogba of the Ivory Coast into second place.

An inspirational figure, Adebayor has been the sharpest of strikers for English Premier League title-chasers Arsenal, scoring 13 goals this term.

Ghana's Michael Essien, last year's winner, finished third ahead of Mali's Freddie Kanoute.

Cameroon and Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o finished fifth.

The 2007 shortlist of five players was drawn up by football experts from every country in Africa, based on players' individuality, skill, technical ability, teamwork, consistency and fair play.

After the bitterness he felt at failing to lead Togo to the Africa Cup of Nations finals, Adebayor can at least take some consolation at winning one of the most prestigious prizes in African sport.

Previous winners include Ghana's Michael Essien and Sammy Kufuor, Mohamed Barakat of Egypt, Senegal's El Hadji Diouf, and Nigeria's Jay-Jay Okocha.

The lanky goal-getter from Lome made his debut for French league side Metz at just 17 and scooped a (European) Champions League runners-up medal in 2004 after moving to Monaco.

He has twice been nominated as the Confederation of African Football's Player of the Year and his 11 goals for Togo in qualifying for the 2006 World Cup was the best on the continent.

Way to Go Sheyi
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ ritchboy,
man utd fans will not single out stevie g and boo him. that is a white elephant lie.

10 seconds later

man utd booing stevie gerrard has a reason.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Cougar
Good point, but that match was not just any match, it was the first match ever to be played on Emirates.
Allowing him to play freely could have been a really bad thing for us. . .

Remember he even had a chance to score th first goal ever at Ashburon Grove. . .
Any other match would have let Arsenal fans leave him freely but this was a historic moment for us.

Besides the rivalry we have wiv Spurs is only to be compared with Everton-Liverfluke
Any Westham player would go easily without being booed

@ritchboy
lol. . .nice one there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ ritchboy,
i said u were lying about stevie g at first cos u werent specific about the match. i thought u were talking about another game entirely. it was only when someone mentioned it was the man utd vs world xi game that i remembered what transpired that night. all said and done, united fans still had the right to boo stevie gerrard. its very different from arsenal fans booing edgar davids who didnt write a book or say something nasty about arsenal. i suggest u sift through carefully before u type. always choose the words u write, think always.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2008
Cougar
has anyone ever told you ur a horrible LIAR?
U said "man utd fans will NOT boo gerrard" . . . Translation- irrespective of the MATCH,man utd fans wont boo gerrard.
Now u come here saying "i said u were lying about stevie g at first because you werent specific about the MATCH"
wat bearing does the MATCH have on whether they decide to boo him or not?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2008
it has a bearing cos liverpool visited old trafford last season(november 2006). as u werent specific about the exact game where gerrard was booed. i was quick to say man utd fans didn't boo gerrard in the league game. when someone else mentioned it was a match against world xi, i realised he was booed but for a reason. tell us the sense behind arsenal fans booing edgar davids and stop wasting time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2008
Like I said Cougar, we'll boo whomsoever we want!

Players get booed for making crunching tackles on opponents, diving, or any other reasons the fans deem fit.

Once again, we are the Arsenal, we sign Tottenham chants even when they're not playing us. . .obviously the traditions are way too deep for you to fathom, lets just leave it at that. If it does not make sense to you, guess what? Its because you aren't a gooner, and frankly I don't care tongue

Davids was validly booed. His qualification? Being a Spurs ex player. SIMPLE tongue

Stop saying we are neck and neck? Its bothering you? "grin"

how would we end the 'barren run' if not by remaining neck and neck and eventually winning? Or are we to be in 16th place and decide to win the premiership on the last day?

We're in the CC semi's. FA 4th round, CL knock out stage, joint top on points. . .we are as close as anyone else to a title/cup this season.

Ok mate, we are a selling club, whatever that silly title means. We spend money according to our financial principles, if MU wants to splash money around or RA wants to spend his filthy lucre as he wishes, good luck to them.

No prize is given for making profit/loss? Boy you must really be dumb (really no insult, I mean that) to say that. sad

Leeds is in division 1 because of careless financial policies, many clubs have gone insolvent because of reckless dealings.

We are astute, do our business well and give a good return to the shareholders. This is done OUR WAY, whether you like it or not, is your headache.

PS MU care if they make a profit/loss overall, that is why they set a cap for how much player salaries cut into revenue, if not why not spend all the cash anyhow since they don't care about making profit or loss?

I don't really care if Liverpool has more fans than us, we managed to build our stadium without external moneybags, moved into it in RECORD time in the tightest location in England, even the government couldn't manage such a feat for Wembley.

I see you subtly dropped the naive claim that Chelski would be as rich as us simply with a new stadium, wise move my friend. though you are not man enough to admit you goofed on that one wink

Our fans are profitable, our season tickets have waiting lists for 3 seasons, those are the facts. I care less about the raw number of fans, our profit margins show we have the right ones.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ debosky,
you are the dumb one cos u dont sift through messages carefully before u write. i said no prizes are given for profit/loss accounts on player transfers not the overall annual profit/loss accounts. man utd splashed 60 million this summer and cashed in around 30 million. it simply means we made 30 million loss on players transfer account. does that necessarily mean man utd will plunge into liquidation because of that? why are the gooners on this forum dyslexic or amnesiac. gosh! can someone find me an intelligent gooner. for real, i will pay anyone who can point one brilliant gooner to me on this forum. i am disappointed with what i have encountered so far.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2008
You are the silly one. Did anyone ever tell you that we set out to make a profit in the transfer window? Did anyone inform you that it was our mantra?

We made those profits year after year with astute dealings and the press decided to make noise about it. SIMPLE

In case you didn't know, the official policy of Arsenal Football Club is that Transfer fees are not disclosed by the club. So any theories you may have on the issue are moot.

I never said MU was going insolvent, I simply told you that it is a dumb statement not to care about profit/loss EVEN ON PLAYER TRANSFERS, would you make a loss simply to boast of it if it was not necessary? Think man!

Whether it be on player transfers or otherwise, everyone intends to make more than they put into a venture, so that careless statement of yours needed contextualizing which you have belatedly done.

Now you can use words like dyslexic and amnesiac? tread carefully my friend, you said keep it clean wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ debosky,
u started the mud-slinging by saying cougar is a dumbo. cheesy cheesy cheesy : there's nuthing hidden under the sun. the media will go to any length to uncover the shadiest transfer deals so words do get out. all i am saying is arsenal fans should not make this look like an achievement. a club should not lay emphasis on making profits on transfer deals at the expense of signing quality players to strengthen the club. take chelsea for instance, they signed anelka and a defender this january alone------if they win the title in may, who would care how much money they lost signing players? believe me or not, wenger deliberately keeps the transfer fees low to make an excuse for failure. at the end of the day, arsenal fans will be quick to say chelsea and man utd bought the title. wait a min, u have been saying that for 4 seasons now. lets hope we wont hear that again at the end of the season. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2008
Don't worry you won't hear that. . .AW himself has made sure wink

hear his words ''We have chosen a model suitable to us, to buy our own kind of players and fashion the team we desire. 70million pounds is available to me for transfers, but I will not buy just to be able to say 'oh they bought a 23m player', If we find a super addition that improves our squad, we will do that. But I believe in my team and I know we will win trophies''

It is an achievement, as part of our overall improvement in financial terms from where we were a few seasons ago.

Wenger won league titles with this same transfer system he has used since '98, why change it now to appear 'competitive'? Wenger's job is to win titles, there are no excuses. He has cash to spend if he deems fit so that is the end of the issue.

Rafa's spending has him in 4th/5th place now, tell me where would he prefer to be?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2008
Cougar:

it has a bearing because liverpool visited old trafford last season(november 2006). as u werent specific about the exact game where gerrard was booed. i was quick to say man utd fans didn't boo gerrard in the league game. when someone else mentioned it was a match against world xi, i realised he was booed but for a reason. tell us the sense behind arsenal fans booing edgar davids and stop wasting time.

so what made u think i could possibly have been talking about a league game when i mentioned in the post that it was a friendly game last season and diouf scored in the game?u know the old saying,u tell one lie and you have to tell a million more lies to back the first lie up?

arsenal fans have a reason to boo davids. . remember the game at highbury two seasons ago when a ucl place was at stake?well in that game,arsenal had a player down injured,DAVIDS had possession of the ball and failed to kick it out. . .  instead he made a run down the wing,and squared the ball for keane to tap in the opener.perhaps they havent forgiven him for that grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ debosky,
good job! u have said what i was hoping to hear all day: no excuses.
we shall come back to this in may. wink
@ ritchboy,
take a cue from debo and learn to argue constructively. swear words and heavy language makes u stink from a distance.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 10:45pm On Jan 18, 2008
Its actually possible Chelski will overtake Arsenal in the level of annual turnover over the coming years.

After the accounting gimmicks by Arsenal to spice up their annual report,reality will soon set in.

Its amazing that despite the self-serving parsimony displayed by Wenger,even Chelski are rapidly catching up with them
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 3:23am On Jan 19, 2008
Why are you people debating Cougar?

He has shown a total lack of understanding regarding the premiership.

people boo players for all sorts of reason:

A player who has played for a hated rival

A player who left the club in nasty way

A player who has said bad things about a club

A player that tackled/hit/got sent of a player from your team.

Any ex-spurs player who comes to the Emirates will get booed as standard.

Sames as any Livepool player does at Man U.

Man U fans (and other clubs) also boo people like Lampard becuase of the England situation!

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.