Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,760 members, 7,945,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (533835 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2008
I'm personally hoping to see Hoyte at CB, with Sagna's form that may be the best place for him to flourish at Arsenal. I'm still not too confident about Senderos, Djorou and co, so seeing him there for the 90mins would be interesting.

For me the other big question is will Walcott play upfront again? I'd love to see the young man pass this kind of baptism of fire and truly establish himself in the gunners line up. This is your chance Theo. . .grab it with both hands!

As for the rest of the boys? Enjoy yourselves, Spurs have all the pressure on them. . .the game is ours to WIN.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ debosky,
theo walcott? he is the biggest joke in club football. i am yet to see walcott score a league goal since he became a gunner. i think wenger should loan him out to southampton or even derby county for a year or two. i don't see him becoming a finished article like rooney or bentley at arsenal. i think wenger has been patient enough with him but the lad hasn't justified the hype around him at all. walcott should find another means of livelihood like modelling for louis vuitton. football is a mountain too high for him to climb. cheesy cheesy cheesy
@ topic,
the formular is easy. play your big guns and win. play the same team that played in the 1st leg and lose.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2008
@Cougar
We are playing the big boys.Leave Walcott alone for us he is doing his bit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ a-40,
wenger is sticking with the young'uns. the only addition are gallas, gilberto and rosicky. so dont expect to see eduardo, adebayor, fabregas or hleb. spurs can break the arsenal jinx tonight. i expect berbatov and robbie keane to sting arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by trueluva(f): 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2008
Wat in god' name is arsenal.com
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by salehm(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2008
@cougar here is the squad for 2night's match
Arsenal squad to face Tottenham:

2 Abou DIABY
3 Bacary SAGNA
4 Cesc FABREGAS
9 EDUARDO
10 William GALLAS
13 Alexander HLEB
15 DENILSON
16 Mathieu FLAMINI
19 GILBERTO
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
25 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
26 Nicklas BENDTNER
30 Armand TRAORE
31 Justin HOYTE
32 Theo WALCOTT
40 Vito MANNONE (GK)
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=486674&cpid=703&title=Fabregas,+Adebayor+and+Hleb+named+in+squad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by okike84(m): 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2008
correct squad d game is over
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2008
did anyone see Song play today shocked the boy played well oh kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2008
Where is rosicky?Please dont tell me hes injured again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ Cougar

Wenger has a lot of firepower in that selection, Fabregas, Hleb, Eduardo and Ade are in the 16, so if they are needed AW will draft them in pronto.

I suspect Bendtner will start with Dudu, Walcott may start on the wing.

This is possibly the strongest EVER CC 16 AW has ever used, due to injuries and the ACN - Kolo, Djourou, Song, Senderos.

I don't think Rozzy is injured, we just need to save some firepower for other games wink

Its almost game time. . .bring it on! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ debosky,
i am laughing ma head off here. is this the same competition wenger is not interested in? i am keeping my fingers crossed. should arsenal lose i don't want to hear any excuse. agreed?

wait a bloody min. just saw arsenal's team list now.

fabianski

sagna hoyte gallas traore

hleb denilson gilberto silva diaby

walcott  bendtner
so where is fabregas, rosicky and adebayor? arsenal.com cannot even provide authentic information. what a shame. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2008
Cougar:

@ debosky,
i am laughing ma head off here. is this the same competition wenger is not interested in? i am keeping my fingers crossed. should arsenal lose i don't want to hear any excuse. agreed?
There is not going to be any excuses cos the Gunners are firing up today, bad belle will not decide the match
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2008
stop being silly Cougar tongue, the list comprises of 16 players, obviously some people have to be on the bench

let the game begin, if the big guns are neede, they'll be drafted in

Wenger of course is not primarily focused on winning, as the first 11 shows for this game, but the bench needed some 'first team' players due to injuries wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2008
OK. Arsene Wenger loses faith in his young gunners. He categorically said he was not going to change them till the final.

Ummmmmhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Interesting.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2008
The resident muppet aka nateevs arrives tongue

Should he play Senderos with a broken nose or play Song when he is in Ghana as well?

he 'categorically' said nothing you twit. Besides, the bulk of the starting players save hleb sagna and gallas are the CC squad so no biggie there. cool

I have a sneaky feeling Walcott will score today

Go reeeeeeeds! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2008
Ok. I agree. So aw many broken noses and absent players have required the injection of

Gilberto
Gallas
Fabregas
Hleb
Sagna
Flamini
Adebayor?

Please tell us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2008
Is credit not supposed to be given to the young guns for coming this far and reaching  the final of last season, chelsea fielded the strongest they could get from their not even giving the young players a chance
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ debosky,
i was just winding u up. cesc, flamini  adebayor and eduardo are on the bench. i think wenger is desperate to win this one. the barren seasons is giving wenger sleepless nights. anyway, chelsea remain the title favourites. i can see another de javu for arsenal tonight or next month-the disintegration of a season in one week! cheesy cheesy cheesy
@ nateevs,
its funny but spurs are the bookies favourites. although, chelsea are the favourites at this stage. i don't see arsenal beating chelsea next month in the final should they go through tonight. drogba, terry, ashley cole, lampard and all injured chelsea players should be available. if u ask me, i want everton to win it.
@ folahann,
no one forced wenger to use young players. the competition is not under 15. play ur strongest team available and win. wenger has failed to win it since he arrived in england. he should do that now and prove his critics wrong. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

What a start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2008
ooooooopppsss!!!

We must not lose this match. change of tactics. bring Fabregas in.

Jokes apart. . . . We have a cup tie on our hands. Arseanal came to play.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
Denilson is injured that's why. sad

I'm actually glad Spurs scored first cool

game on!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2008
goaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2008
this is ridiculous.
2nd goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2008
Bendtner is such a massive, massive striker. ok. It's looking bad let's bring in Adebayor.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2008
Bendtner own goal embarassed

i still say game on!

2-0 last year and we brought it back to 2-2 cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2008
Bendtner noooooooooooooooooooooooo cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2008
It's like the gunners will bounce back in this one, but that is not going to be a big damage, game on
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DD5: 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2008
is it me or do i think its time Wenger brought in some real experienced players and did away with Bendtner, Walcott and other over-hyped average players?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2008
and who are you?

no fairweather fans allowed! tongue

Go gunners Go! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2008
Boy Tottenham mean business today
Good game, i still got my money on Arsenal going thru tothe finals
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2008
We'll see how solid tottenham's defence is cos Arsenal will continue to pound on their defence until they cave in

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.