Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,463 members, 7,964,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:13 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (537949 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy81(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2008
@tboy1

We seem to have close usernames but support different clubs

ONE UNITED grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2008
now Lehmann will shut up angry he must o angry

when does next season start?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2008
When i got time, i'll dig my 2007 posts, where i said "come 2008, arsenal aint winning anything".
Another vision from God, come 2009, arsenal aint winning jack. Your team is filled with shit.
Mukina please please lock this thread cos it's of no use.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jgirl3: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2008
Guys - I've decided to throw a party for this game. All arses invited. . . . . .
Guests of Honor - Muki and McOmo.
Please show up with your own 2-1 victory card for Man U smiley wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2008
and thats how the cookie crumbles

what a season it has been, I just hope the mistakes are seen and corrected
Proud of them boys anyway, they've been brave all season!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2008
My dayz, this post-match is going to be interesting.
Only God knows what AW will say this time, he knows well that his ass is on the line.
After all said and done, the title race ends with the same set of teams for three years now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2008
Gunners Eiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But take heart. . . I thought Arsenal was the better team on the day. If that is any consolation

It just was never going to be your day or season.

Now tell Wenger to dip into the basket of cash under his bed and spend some money.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2008
When i got time, i'll dig my 2007 posts, where i said "come 2008, arsenal aint winning anything".
Another vision from God, come 2009, arsenal aint winning jack. Your team is filled with shit.
Mukina please please lock this thread cos it's of no use.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2008
Shame. sad sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2008
I thot they were going to do us a favour . . .even Ade scored with his hand. . He was so wasteful . . I wonder aw they got this far. . Pathetic. .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SamMilla1(m): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2008
mukina2:

now Lehmann will shut up angry he must o angry

when does next season start?

Good question, when does the next season start,
Arsenal is one of the richest clubs in the world,
Do you know that the prices of
NANI,
ANDERSON and
RONALDO can buy the whole Arenal players?,
They dont spend their money,
Next season will still spell trophyless for them if they dont act now,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Arsenal made things difficult for United. . . . . .Credits to em for that.
The movement of Hleb, Van Persie and Eboue caused problems all day.
Thumbs up for Arsenal for BRINGING out the best in Man Utd. . . . . I love the character United epitomised in the 2nd half.

P.S.  Anderson is a tank. . . . . His inclusion swerved things United way!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2008
Not so fast. . . . .Arsenal are still very much in the title race! grin Its only a 9 points gap,anything can still happen. grin

Does anyone remember when Arsenal fans were confident they would lift the EPL? All the permutations about our games against them and West Ham and how they would be in a position to take advantage.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them.Naah. . . . .they should sit back and admire the real big teams go for the trophies this season.

PS:Arsenal are only 5 points ahead of Liverpool.They should try and hold on to to that 3rd place. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2008
Its obvious Wenger has a big fault with arsenal not winning anything this season:

>Being so stingy not to buy experienced players - it does not take a rocket scientist to know we need more players. Currently Arsenal needs a defender,Winger and a Striker.
Even in January, he had chances to buy but the ijebu man acted like the money is from his pocket and also using his stupid reason ' i believe in my young players' What a self-servicer!!!

> Stupid substitutions and most ridiculous team start ups e.g Since Sagna was injured, what the hell is wrong in putting Eboue in that position and playing Walcott as a winger ( even though i believe walcott is a better player as an attacker   - if you watched his games when he played in southampton, you'll kw what im talking bout)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2008
Lehmann.Song.Gallas.Gilberto.
Death by firing squad. grin grin grin

More proof that Arsenal is wasted.They could have been 2 goals up before the end of half-time,at least one.Totally messed up,despite being the better team in the first half. Please,did anybody forbid those guys from making decent shots at goal?Must they always pass and pass and pass the chance away? Anyway,i'm not too surprised,afterall see what happened when Ade took a shot during the first half. The ball soared straight outta the stadium grin grin grin grin

@muki
Where you dey ooo. I've brought my shoulder for you to cry on grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2008
@mukina

lehmann did well for us, i'm very sure if it was alumunia in goal it would have 1-0 by half time,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2008
lordimpaq:

@mukina

lehmann did well for us, i'm very sure if it was alumunia in goal it would have 1-0 by half time,

i know he did well alright
Almunia does the same too
maybe now he'll stop bad mouthing Almunia angry

Cass
its ook grin sh*t Happens
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jgirl3: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2008
Muki - you don't have to bottle it in. . . . . .
if you need to cry - my shoulder's right here lipsrsealed grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2008
J girl
naa i have cried enuff already grin
stop rubbing it in o grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 9ja4eva: 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2008
There we go :

RED DEVILS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2008
@muki
Ah ah.See love.Everybody's offering consolation in different forms.Better come to United o.

UP UNITED!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2008
@ Lordimpaq,

Adebayor waited 9 weeks to score his 20th league goal and he scored with his hands. . . .PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!
In ma own opinion, i believe Arsenal needs a proper shake-up.
Loads of people must leave that club so y'all can inject new blood.

Senderos
Hoyte
Traore
Bendtner
Gilberto Silva
Lehmann
and WENGER!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2008
Adebayor will fit in as  a good supporting striker.

You Arsenal fans have to bombard the website with mail to call for a new striker.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2008
Cristalz:

@muki
Ah ah.See love.Everybody's offering consolation in different forms.Better come to United o.

UP UNITED!

no way Miss wink

i love this team . my heart, body and soul kiss
no matter what happens . cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2008
Hehehehehe. . .Why are they crying?

Their mouth too big jo. I no pity them at all.

Its just a shame it was big team vs. big team.

I dey hope say Tottenham go soon come rescue this league.

Same old teams year in year out.

Hopefully the tie between Newcastle and Pompey next year will be the title decider tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mavtrevor(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2008
[b]
The young lads were wonderul in todays game, I have always said Adebayor is not a footballer to even be a striker, he should go to his village and sell ewedu and dodo and stop parading himself as a footballer. He could've sealed the match in the first half, but how can we explain what happened, we outplayed man utd and they know it.I gave list of players that should be sold from Arsenal after this season and someone asked me why them, Adebayor  missed atleast 3 goals-goals my grandmother could score anytime anywhere, Gallas couldn't hold the defence as a central defender, Hoyte didn't play 10mins and collected yellow, Lehman  couldn't make a move on a simple freekick Almunia could've caught with an arm,Gilbeto is almost dead, Song was too good,Toure getting too tired to run, Walcort tried,Bendtner should've started ahead of Adebayor, Hleb was excellent,Clinchy was the man of the match, Eboue is older than his real age and its affecting him, though he tried abit,fabregas was excellent,V persie holds the ball and get kicked at, the list keep going on and on, the whole truth here is that this guys are tired and the loser Wenger wont add fresh legs to help the team, next season he will promise us again that he will carry a title and end up with nothing again, teams that win titles spend money, let Wenger spend money Arsenal ahs money, let him spend it.
[/b]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jgirl3: 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2008
lol - Doyin, in your dreams. Which yeye Pompey? hissssssssssssssssssss

Muki - i'm coming with my towels. I'll be there in a minute. You can cry all about arsenal when you're with me. I won't tell anyone in NL. . . . . I'll be there for you smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2008
as far as i am concerned, they are all excuses,

what i am saying is arsenal should take their chances when it matters,

period,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by teemoe(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2008
, i thank God that i support manchester united, i have exams in a couple of week i cant imagine if i was a gaynner fan, ill be so depressed it might affect my preparation, but united have done great for me, i prayed in church for manutd to win this match, i have to say GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS, ONE UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2008
10 of the best deranged rants from Loyika who suddenly became "busy" as the "Treble" beckoned. grin grin

loyika:

1)Rikky Ricardo
Make no mistake about it, my belief in Arsenal winning the league is as strong as ever.

2)We don't have a chance against Liverpool in the UCL Huh Thats funny, i thought the same was said, when we were to go to the San Siro Huh Or is it me Huh8) GOONER 89

3)@ J K

We go dey here dey see who go get the last laugh Grin Grin

This is heading to the wire, and Arsenal will be Prem leader come May Cool YOU CAN TAKE THAT OR GO JUMP OFF THE RIVER!! Grin

4)Nateevs Grin Grin

Your season is over. DON'T GET IT TWISTED!!

5)You Scumtwats should let everyone chase you as champions, not be here screaming, IT WAS 5 NOW ITS 3 Like a fake Faze record Huh Is that what Champions are meant to be talking about Huh

6)KEEP SITTING AND KEEP ADMIRING!! (Keep wrestling as well) Grin Grin

Wrestling the title away from Wenger Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Chacal, you could take a part-time job as a stand up comic on Def Jam Comedy Central you know Grin

7)It was 5 now its 3, soon it will be 0 Cheesy Cheesy YOU ALL ARE CLOWNS!! Grin How is that any different than what we have been hearing all season; CHANGE THE FLIPPING RECORD2 months down the line and we are still on the same boat. ARSENAL WILL CRUMBLE, IT WAS 5 NOW ITS 3, UNITED ARE ON THE RISE!!

coolCome end of season, ARSENAL WILL BE PREM CHAMPIONS (Ya'll can suck a Scum lollipop for all we care Grin

9)Once again i say; ARSENAL WILL WIN THE LEAGUE!! I didn't stutter.

10)SIT BACK AND ADMIRE!! You are still chasing us, as you have been all through the season. So what are you on about Huh, come May and you will still be behind us, GET USED TO IT!! Cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sirwebs(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2008
Its just ill-luck. I have never seen such bad luck in a season. Injuries, bad decisions by the refs, Gallas' handball, Clichy's late penalty at St. Andrews, Toure on Babel , etc. I wish this season will end today.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2008
there really isnt any need for a complete overhaul as some of you are canvassing. I'd support  retaining the same players and adding some experience (and number).
Its a very thin line between Success and failure, you have 2 look back if Clichy hadnt given that penalty kick VS Birmingham, we probably would have been 8 pts clear, or say Arsenal didnt concede that penalty Vs L'pool in UCL, I mean Its that thin a line

Having said that I think a big squad helps, and Adebayor can only improve, Bendtner too, Gilberto can go but not neccessarily compulsory? keep the squad, add Experience , SIMPLE! Remember Utd sold no player last season!

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.