Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,971 members, 7,931,367 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:25 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (531586 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2008
lordimpaq:

as far as i am concerned, they are all excuses,

what i am saying is arsenal should take their chances when it matters,
period,

I'm sure that cock sucker wenger knows this and i still dont know why a team like arsenal does not have a professional striker

The only reason adebayor scored enough goals this season is because the midfielders supply him 2 many chances and he's also lucky the midfields are not selfish wit the ball.Only thing good about adebayor is that he's good in the air and he can harass the defenders, but we need a striker who can finish the job i.e score and hopefully consistent
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2008
I wish this season will end today.
my thought exactly sad

@ Jgirl
no more tears cheesy grin

we caused this ourselves cool

Tboy
calm down . no use insulting Wenger. its over
lets accept and start making good plans for next season smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2008
modified, thanks!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2008
sirwebs:

Its just ill-luck. I have never seen such bad luck in a season. Injuries, bad decisions by the refs, Gallas' handball, Clichy's late penalty at St. Andrews, Toure on Babel , etc. I wish this season will end today.

well, the season hasn't ended yet, we still have 4 games to play, so don't wish it was over yet, if we had won wat would you be saying,

come on, u r starting to sound like a bad loser, if arsenal was wishing the season to be over, wat would derby counting be wishing for,

men, like i said fate,

poor decision or no poor decision,

adebayor used his hand to score so, wat d hell are we talkin about, its like dejavu,

shucks,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2008
tboy1:

I'm sure that cock sucker wenger knows this and i still don't know why a team like arsenal does not have a professional striker

wenger is no cock sucker, he's our gaffer, show some respect man!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2008
@ Sirwebs,

Ill-luck? Please don't talk about luck here.
These things even out in a season. . . . .Thats the way life is. . .
United got kicked out of the FA cup by a stupid referee against Pompey.

Everyone keeps saying Arsenal is luckless but is that the true story?
How would u describe Adebayor's handball to score the opening goal today?
How many times have Arsenal been awarded 4-7 added minutes after the regular time to score a winning goal/equaliser.

I know one needs a bit of luck to win championships but u need hardwork as well.
Hell, u can also make your own luck.
United were made to fight for 3 points today and THEY DID JUST THAT!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2008
For the 1st time alex ferguson was diplomatic towards Arsenal, In his pre-match Conference, he said he thought arsenal have had a lot of probs and it has affected their season, kinda noticed him cheering AW up after d match.

I cant believe its another trophyless season sha!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 9ja4eva: 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2008
mavtrevor:

[b]
The young lads were wonderul in todays game, I have always said Adebayor is not a footballer to even be a striker, he should go to his village and sell ewedu and dodo and stop parading himself as a footballer. He could've sealed the match in the first half, but how can we explain what happened, we outplayed man utd and they know it.I gave list of players that should be sold from Arsenal after this season and someone asked me why them, Adebayor missed atleast 3 goals-goals my grandmother could score anytime anywhere, Gallas couldn't hold the defence as a central defender, Hoyte didn't play 10mins and collected yellow, Lehman couldn't make a move on a simple freekick Almunia could've caught with an arm,Gilbeto is almost dead, Song was too good,Toure getting too tired to run, Walcort tried,Bendtner should've started ahead of Adebayor, Hleb was excellent,Clinchy was the man of the match, Eboue is older than his real age and its affecting him, though he tried abit,fabregas was excellent,V persie holds the ball and get kicked at, the list keep going on and on, the whole truth here is that this guys are tired and the loser Wenger wont add fresh legs to help the team, next season he will promise us again that he will carry a title and end up with nothing again, teams that win titles spend money, let Wenger spend money Arsenal ahs money, let him spend it.
[/b]

Well the young shall grow and the old become wiser
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2008
@ Lordimpaq,

Where did it go wrong for the GAYnners?

@ Mystical,

Fergie always give credits when its due. . . . Arsene on the other hand doesn't.
The question is. . . . .Wenger shoulda seen it coming!!! U cannot win the Premiership with 15 players.
All Wenger needed to do was to look around and analyse his title rivals. . . .
United splashed money, Chelsea brought in players and Liverpool signed big players. . . . .What happened to Arsene?

All AW does is moan about how he makes profit and all the other teams make losses.
But he fails to understand that it is not his job to make profits.
Hiding behind profitability issues instead of holding himself accountable for his poor decision making.
Why does he play Toure as a RB when Eboue can fit in perfectly. . . . .Wenger should be sacked.
GET BERTI VOGTS!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2008
go wrong from where, it started ages ago when we refused to build a bench which is suppposed to add depth to our team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2008
Abeg Arsenal Throwing away this season has nothing to do with luck.

It has everything to do with Arsene Wenger's stinginess and unparalleled foolishness.

His an egoistic son of a gun. That's going to ruin the club, if he isn't called to order.

Those boys are tired. We lack a bench. We also lack a first team.

Gallas is a useless defender with a stupid haircut.
He was covered up in Chelsea by the brilliance of Carvalho, Terry , Makalele and Petr cech.

Adebayor is not a striker. I will not talk about him.

Until Arsene Wenger's job is under threat , he won't wake up. Wenger needs to be put under pressure. The way Avram is under pressure. the way Rafa is under pressure. the way Alex Ferguson was under pressure B4 he won the league last season. ( have you forgotten that as good as he is, pple were calling for his head.)

Wenger needs to be under fire.

How can a manager have 70 million dollars and buy unknown players. When Torres was on the market. Nothing except the champions league title can make me forgive him for that act of stupidity.

He's comfortable coming second, giving bloody excuses that he is building a team.

Fabregas is tired, so is hleb( who has to be thot that possesion means nothing without a final pass) the whole defence line has to be uprooted. Toure is nothing compared to Vidic or Carvalho.

We need a team of strong internationals, we need 2 top class strikers. Two wingers  and two defenders.

Sell of Hoyte, traore, eboue, bendtner,

Wenger needs a wake up call. And i doubt if united provided it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2008
When it matters most, you guys have once again shown that you are all hype and no trophies.

NO trophies at all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ajadrage: 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2008
well, this is no time for trading blames actually, everyone acknowledges that arsenal play the most entertaining football and had it been a classroom work, na excellent dem for the get everytime, but the epl ain't a classroom and only grit and tenacity and compactness and that obsessive instinct to take advantage of situations determines the champions at the end of 38 games. too bad man u has proven to possess more of that this season than arsenal who have had hiccups leading into the home run of games.

lets hope the professor would mark the individual scripts of the players and those when get below par on their individual and team roles should either be changed or compelled to improve. the goal getting department needs mention here as the issue is not about the chances being created but the goals being scored. I am almost forced to rue the injury to eduardo, maybe na him for be arsene joker this period, but we will never know now would we cool

the result pain me sha but, till next season after a strenghtening of the squad, lets try and leapfrog chelsea or at least maintain third  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaydee(m): 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2008
Debosky!!! Did u see ur useless Adebayor? If U tell me that Adebayor is a footballer again,i'll call U every name Jackal's yet to call U. Nonsense! Adebayor should be converted to a centre back and give Senderos a competition since that's the only reason Wenger has faith in both of em(Height).I don't see anything else they've got.

Who's talking bout luck there?Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I wasn't expecting us to get this far this season and after strings of surprises,we're back where we belong and even lucky to be there.

[size=25pt]HOPELESSLY DEVOTED[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy1(m): 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2008
lordimpaq:

wenger is no cock sucker, he's our gaffer, show some respect man!!!

Not when the self-servicer is making very clear decisions that does not seem right. I've never criticised wenger but since summer last year i started seein some of he's decisions are just plain WRONG, ill give u an example: when we played man u last yr,when eboue was playing right wing, it was obvious that evra could not make a single run forward because eboue was marking the hell out of him (only because he's got the defensive instinct) and evra likes going forward because he was origi-nally a striker. Any reasonable manager will know to leave eboue to play that wing, but what did our manager do - he substituted eboue for walcott,less than 5 mins man u scored because of Evra's run. Now as a manager he should know when and where to play some players and what position to play them.Eboue should only be used to play that wing in only 1 or 2 games

Ok r u telling me Toure is playing well @ right back, Mehnn he's a central defender. Just leave him in his place and play eboue @ right back

Ok Lets come to Eboue: Wenger must b so blind not to see eboue's position there is useless. He's continuous use as a right winger is just a big mystery to me as he offers nothing going forward as he definitely seems to be clueless when he gets into promising positions(i.e the box)
Ok wenger says he's should play in that wing, the fact that for the whole season as a winger he's not scored a single goal - Should that not give our dear manager little clue as to where to play him instead and its even funny because when he was playing as a right back, he was making some killer crosses but now i have no clue what the dude is playing and 4 d cock sucker manager not see this only means he's not doing he's job properly.

When your coach is not doing he's job well you have to say it unless the cock sucker will think all i right. Did u not see the subs Alex F's made, even before he made the subs i knew that was exactly the only he could win arsenal

BTW What the hell is Justin Hoyte doing playing for Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by CrazyMan(m): 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2008
ajadrage:

well, this is no time for trading blames actually, everyone acknowledges that arsenal play the most entertaining football and had it been a classroom work, na excellent them for the get everytime, but the epl ain't a classroom and only grit and tenacity and compactness and that obsessive instinct to take advantage of situations determines the champions at the end of 38 games. too bad man u has proven to possess more of that this season than arsenal who have had hiccups leading into the home run of games.
Yea you tried very much; sometimes you win and sometimes you loose that's the nature of the game; you were unlucky today; better luck next time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2008
these arses truly suck!
Thank God for Chelsea, at least theyve ensured that there's been some sort of competition in the league.
Had it not been for them, I bet manus trophy haulage would be way higher by now.

Arsene Wenger should be fired in my honest opinion, that guy's so out of touch.
He's been around for more than a decade in this league and he still hasn't adapted with the times and has only a trifling number of trophies in his resume.
That's poor !
For some perspective, JM achieved achieved a heck lot more in a relatively short period of time,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2008
Wasteful finishing + A porous defence = Another trophyless season

Arent these boys tired of losing? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2008
I was gutted at this loss.
Wow, we were unlucky#
I tot we outplayed the mancs and maybe a 1-1 scoreline would have been a fairer reflection of the game.
But Gallas why?? A defender usually has both hands behind his back in the penalty box.
VDS scored 100% in my opinion.
The two headers from Bendtner were both cruising into the net b4 the magnificent stop from VDS.
and wes brown and Rio's back passes. I swear if it were manure vs any other team, 9 out of 10, it would have been an own goal.
We need a bigger squad definitely, but I don't buy that idea, that the boys are tired.Which tiredness?
AW must dip into the transfer kitty.The Arsenal plays very good football,great to watch,but times have changed, we need a big squad to win trophies.
Lastly, Song, I thought he fitted perfectly at Centre back.Great game,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2008
I personally think Wenger should call it a day he has done his best let him move on.Even Houllier got the boot despite giving Liverpool their Mickey Mouse treble in 2001
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2008
@C JAY
swear down, I don't blame you, and the rest of u chavs
First thing you gota realise is Arsene Wenger is more sucessful than Chelsea
Just because he's off-form now does not mean anything, dig?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Gosh, my eye sockets have taken a battering this past one week  embarassed

Have been playing the "tearjacker" number from Oasis all evening called "Stop crying your heart out", how beffiting as Oasis are Muppets United fans grin

Have run out of excuses for Arsenal but i know things will start getting better, the guys may just start playing now there is nothing to play for. undecided.

This season is so bad as totenham, as useless as they are actually won something, and we will be dusting the cobwebs from our showroom yet again angry

Gunner for ever.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2008
JM should be worshiped grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by TheSly: 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2008
I wonder how many arse fans would be in the hospital bed by now as a result of the incessant disappointment they are currently facing! tongue
Sorry y'all sad . . . .i feel so sorry for y'all sad tongue. . . . put the blame on Wenger!! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2008
I really doubt if the Arsenal management will sack AW,
All I think is that he needs to be 'shaken up',
The comfort zone he is in should be made uncomfortable. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2008
@somze
Sincerely speaking, do you think Chelski can win anything this season?
I cannot wait to laugh when Liverfluke does the regular trashing they've done two times tongue tongue
I don't know but that's the best thing that can happen to me this season, save Abmoneymovich getting bankrupt grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2008
Imani:

Have been playing the "tearjacker" number from Oasis all evening called "Stop crying your heart out", how beffiting as Oasis are Muppets United fans grin

Hmm. . . .Liam and Noel are City fans.Told you,you know nothing about Manchester. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ajadrage: 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

I wonder how many arse fans would be in the hospital bed by now as a result of the incessant disappointment they are currently facing
i doubt if there would be any hospitalised fan in london tonight, na we obodo nigerians dey get heart attack for game when them play many miles away wey the people wey get am take as entertainment. tomorrow morning you'll see em all going to work and just waiting for the next outing. if person get heart attack na him know wetin him go tell him family oh, nobody send am, na just game abi grin

and on the issue of arsene's continued stay at the helm of affairs, all those that call for his head are not really informed on the shennanigans and undercurrents going on within those circles. just a few seasons ago when mourinho's chelsea was on the rise, i remember a lotta guys calling for sir alex's sack that he was a spent force, well, he might probably be answering his critics back with his teams current performances. arsenal still dey form their winning team, and he needs time to perfect his experiments, infact i believe that this present squad is also a part of that experiment, mind you, na the first season without henry be this oh.

on the other hand, aside sir alex, the guy's the most successful coach in england, and i believe the owners of the club are aware of his worth, the guy knows what he's doing. he might appear a little freaky sometimes, but the guy's an accomplished academic and those guys are nuts sometimes, but ultimately their genius become observable in due time. this might not be his season, but if it doesn't come next season it's not so far behind then, their ascendency is expected from the next season hopefully smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2008
@eldee
Did u think Chelsea will be in this position some two months ago?
Chelsea had a terrible start to the season plus a depleted squad during the acn, but stayed in the competition nevertheless unlike the gummers who just dont have the steel that champions are made of.
Man, I cant lie, finishing 2nd ahead of those arses feels great anyday!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2008
@c-jay

which one is more important to you,

finishing second or finishing first,

because it seems you'd prefer to finish second just because its arsenal,

shame, you are the only chelsea person that i know that wants to finish second,

most of my chelsea friends were hoping arsenal could beat manutd so they can ginger them to beat them at the bridge,

but u seem to hate arsenal so much so that you'd rather see your team in second place just because its arsenal,

man, na wa, na so u beef arsenal so,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2008
@C JAY
Oh, I get ur point now, finishing ahead of Arsenal is what champions are made of, innit?
Is that not what Wenger did for eight seasons in a row?
What's so new bout that? You lot need to define what's important.
Playing in the UCL against Liverpool is a losing game, JM couldn't do it, who would?

Our season is over, now's the time to sit back and enjoy football.
What better way than to watch two of our rivals try to screw up each other? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2008
@lord
Dude what are u on to?
Why are u implying that I said finishing ahead of arsenal is tantamount to winning the league.
Na u sabi?
So? I hate arsenal,i luv to see them eat dust and get their arses whipped week in week out, but d feelin i get pales in comparison to winning the league ahead of the entire pack: manure, scousers and the usual suspects alike.

@eldee
At the worst of times, chelsea wont concede 4 in the brazen fashion that u guyz did.
And man, at this stage it doenst take einstein' smarts to figure that the UCL's anyones trophy, it all depends.
and Pls don't give JM and Looserpool more props than they deserve

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.