Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,465 members, 7,964,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:25 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (537950 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mavtrevor(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2008
Adebayor is a fool and will remain one till he leaves and go look for something to do cos he is not a footballer not less a striker.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2008
Is this what Gooners are proud of. . .  is this worth celebrating!? grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2008
rikkyjen, did u get that pic from ikea's website, jobless scummie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2008
WTF is you talking bout? who is Ikea. The pix is all over the internet, son! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

Bloody Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So u can be this mute over Gaynners season? I cant believe me eyez.
3 months ago, y'all vermins were here crawling about like slugs all over the damn place.
How long ago did i tell u Gaynners aint winning ZILCH this season? grin grin grin grin

Arsenal fans in the UK are now hoping to do it next season.
The snag is what is the guarantee that u will win it. . . . Your rivals wont be sleeping.
Roman has just dropped a cheque of $200 million on Avram Grant's laps. . . . Fergie might splash anutha 50 milla this summer.
Liverpool and SPURS won't be far behind so what gives!!!!!

By august, i should be able to see if y'all TROPHYLESS curse would extend till May 2009. grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by segunpc(m): 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2008
arsenal should just forget the league title because if man u misses chelsea will definitely not miss.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2008
There you go with your Spurs and Liverpool stuff again

Even Everton are a better team in the league than Spuddy Spurs. Spurs and the Pool are cup teams, that is how they are made up to be, anyways i would expect you to even say, Fulham are better than Arsenal grin grin

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Loyika,

I wouldn't quite call that but Fulham and Arsenal are at par as far as trophies are concerned in the last 3 seasons.
Liverpool are a better team than y'all. . . . . . .In 270 mins of football played between y'all. . . . They drew 2(AWAY) and won 1(HOME).
Does that no show they are superior? They have finished TWICE above y'all in the last 2 seasons.
If Benitez had sorted out his strongest team in time, Liverpool shoulda finished above u again this season.

I mean. . . . .Compare Torres to Adebayor. . . . .Mascherano to Eduardo. . . . .Gerrard to Fabregas . . . .Babel to Rosicky?
There's a big gulf between y'all. . . . .The difference was clear for everyone to see at Anfield when Torres turned Senderos before firing into the net.
Arsene Wenger should be the 1st to go cos lets face it. . . . . He wouldn't find a bigger opportunity to win the title like he did this season.
Man Utd's dreadful start, Chelsea kicking out Mourinho, Rafa Benitez''s tinkering . . . . What else does Wenger need to win a league title?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2008
well well well, the season is over for us, but we can stil put our chin up, we are a young squad, no one gave us a chance anyway at grabbin the title, we can stil be proud, we just hope wenger brings in a few names that can develop this team, we were the better team against man u, our only problem was not creating chances, but converting those chances into goals, i hope wenger buys a few named players, sometimes you need a few names in the squad with experience as well, you gotta blend it, anyway it was a good season, even if we didn't win any trophies, we know and trust in ARSENE WENGER to turn it around.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2008
Jackal.:

I mean. . . . .Compare Torres to Adebayor. . . . .Mascherano to Eduardo. . . . .Gerrard to Fabregas . . . .Babel to Rosicky?
There's a big gulf between y'all. . . . .The difference was clear for everyone to see at Anfield when Torres turned Senderos before firing into the net.

jackal, whats ur basis of comparison?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaydee(m): 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ J-UNIT

We? U and who? Speak for yourself oh! Wenger is a muthaf! He's interested in job security than winning trophies or making the fans happy.He likes cheap things and u know awoof na bad thing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Kaydee,

Touche.

Wenger is trying to make profits for the club but is that his job?
Let the accountants and financial advisers sort that one out. . . . .He had 70 milla to spend and he didn't even touch it.
Arsenal have a 60,000 capacity stadium which they fill week in week out. . . . They charge the highest fare to watch their games so why can't Wenger spend and haul the team back to GLORY DAYS. He should be sacked.

@ Topeorekoy,

The comparison is CLASS.
U cannot compare Adebayor to Torres. . . . . Hell, u cannot compare any player in Arsenal to Babel/Torres.
Rafa Benitez has assembled a powerful squad. . . If he can sort out his team selection. . . He is not too far away from Man Utd and Chelski.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2008
A lot of fickle fans are beginning to show themselves, Wenger out, u must be joking.
Fair enough he has to take responsibility for not winning anything this season but asking for him to be sacked is just crazy, did anybody predict we were going to win the league this season, heck even AW said we would challenge but didn't guarantee we would win it

@ Jackal in all honesty did u think we would win th eleague this season?

After the first half of the season wew were sitting pretty and naturally eveyone began to believe but the second half of the season just showed that AW's work isn't completely done yet, it was a bloody good effort by the boys but injuries and bad decisions came back to haunt us and credit to them they have come back like men especially after the way they bossed Manchester United at OT, shows how far we have come along, we just need a "wining at all cost" mentality and we're good to go, no more throwing away of leads, that has to be sorted out over the summer, i think one rock hard defender should sort that out

@ Jackal
if u call a 2 man squad powerful then u must be having a laugh, take Gerrard and Torres out of that team, how many match winners have u got , Voronin, kuyt, Benayoun??, please, liverpool had a good slice of luck against us and u know it but well done to them non the less
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2008
Babel

Chacal stop smoking reefers WHAT THE Bleep HAS BABEL DONE (Apart from getting a dodgey pen and killing off the game).

You say Liverpool are better than Arsenal.

First game at Anfield, we played Liverpool off the park, (mostly in the second half)[/i]but couldn't take our chances.

Second game at the Emirates, we played Liverpool off the park, and were denied a stone wall pen on Hleb to win the game.

Third game at the Grove, it was even stevens, Liverpool played us off the park in the first half, and we came back in the second half, but a draw was a fair result (a faint shout for a pen for Fab was denied).

Fourth game at Anfield, we played Liverpool off the park in the first half, but they took their chances, had a dodgey pen awarded to them, but generally took their chances.

So how are they a better team than Arsenal They got through to the semis in the UCL, its a cup competition ffs, so will you now say Barnsley are a better team than Liverpool and Chelsea because they beat them in the FA Cup, or Spurs are better than Chelsea, because they beat them in the Carling cup final.

STOP BEING BIASED!! tongue tongue

No one will say Torres isn't class, even in United, i would say Torres is more of a killer striker than Rooney and Saha, but when he came to OT, did he show up

Now because Liverpool knocked Arsenal out of the UCL, Babel is better than the whole Arsenal squad I guess Roma are a better team than Real M because they knocked them out Or Getafe are at par with Bayern, because they almost caused an upset [i] Where is Nazi Dayokanu sef

Thats why having an objective discussion with you sometimes, can be so annoying tongue

BUT NA YOU NOW!! SO I SHOULD BE USED TO YOUR ANTI-ARSENAL ANALYSIS BY NOW grin grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

This is what i dont like hearing for y'all Gaynners. . . .

Injuries? Did u suffer injuries as much as Chelsea or Man Utd this season?
Lemme start with Man Utd. . . .ROONEY(twice), Solskjaer, Scholes, Giggs, Vidic, Van Der Sar, Nani, Park etc.
Chelsea was even worse. . . Nearly everyone in their squad suffered one horrific injury or the other and they are still challenging.
Wenger using injuries as excuses does not hold any water at all.

To make matters worse, u even dare to mention dodgy decisions? Arsenal have been the most favoured!!!!!
Gallas should have copped 3-match ban for kicking Nani. . . .Fab4 shoulda been banned for kicking Ashley Cole.
How many times have y'all been giving 5 mins added time at the Emirates only to score in the dying seconds.
What about dodgy penalties @ The Emirates? Arsenal had 6 successive penalties in their 6 HOME games at the start of the season.
Hell, Adebayor even scored with his elbow last night. . . . Shoulda been a freekick to Man Utd and prolly a yellow for the Togolese.
These things even out in the season so y'all should tape it shut!!!!

Liverpool is a 2-man squad? It shows how pathetic Gaynners are if a 2-man squad could beat u in UCL Q/finals over 2 legs.
Take Cesc and Adebayor out of Arsenal and where would u be on the league table? Maybe 10th position.
Even when they were there . . . .U had nuthing to show for it . . . .Liverpool have a better squad than Arsenal.
It was there for everyone to see last week as they outclassed y'all at Anfield.
I still insist Wenger should be sacked. . . .He has reached a stage where he cannot offer anything to y'all again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2008
Loyika no mind Hitler Jackal, i've learnt not to take any Arsenal related statement from him serious at all
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by holythug(m): 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2008
dia trophies is d act of breaking records. . .since dey broke san siro's record i guess dats good enuff for u guys grin **laffin mockingly
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Jackal

Strong words coming from a 1-man team supporter, take Ronaldo and his goals and u guys would be worse off than us, FACT, without looking at the stats i bet we have more goal scorers than u.

Did u see me blame anything on injuries, i simply siad it played a part in our demise, what else was i expecting arguing with Hitler over the jews won't get me anywhere
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2008
loyika:

So how are they a better team than Arsenal They got through to the semis in the UCL, its a cup competition ffs, so will you now say Barnsley are a better team than Liverpool and Chelsea because they beat them in the FA Cup, or Spurs are better than Chelsea, because they beat them in the Carling cup final.

grin GOONER 89

What does Chelsea have to do with this argument now? Why did you not just stop at Barnsley beating liverflukes?

Na wa o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Loyika,

U make me laugh!!!!
I think it's about time u quit smoking spliffs. . . .
It seems it aint good for y'all.

I have every reason to believe Scousers are better than y'all.
They have finished above y'all in the last 3 seasons. . . . .U never know, they might even finish above u this season.
With 16 points dropped by the Gaynners in the last 8 games? Your form is worse than Derby County's. grin grin grin grin grin

We played Liverpool off the park and reh reh reh. . . . .U dont win trophies by playing teams off the park ONLY!!!!
How many times have i told u that winning games when u are playing well is no big deal.
It is the game teams win WHEN THEY ARE NOT PLAYING WELL that matters the most and Arsenal is the worst in that category.
Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool can play terribly and still grind out results and this is why United is leading the pile!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 5:26pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Rikky
That picture is a classic. . .
Its currently my screensaver. . . grin grin wink

Jackal.:

@ Loyika,

You don't win trophies by playing teams off the park ONLY!!!!
How many times have i told u that winning games when u are playing well is no big deal.
It is the game teams win WHEN THEY ARE NOT PLAYING WELL that matters the most and Arsenal is the worst in that category.
Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool can play terribly and still grind out results and this is why United is leading the pile!!!

Spot on mate, very on point!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by holythug(m): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2008
ooof
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2008
Somze grin

Sorry, its Jackal that is causing this stuff

Chacal tongue

Stop being a dimwit, have Arsenal not won games, that we didn't deserve to win If Liverpool end up being knocked out by Chelsea, are they still better than Arsenal because they knocked us out of the UCL If you say that, then that means Coventry are better off than United, because they knocked you guys out of the Carling Cup.

Silly Scumtwat analysis tongue tongue

Lets squash this arguement, causeyou and i know, we will never agree on this.

Fact, Arsenal under achieved (Bleep most people saying we over achieved). We have to deal with the consequences of that (like Chacal's analysis tongue) till we get back on track.

sad GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Loyika,

Of course, Arsenal have won games they didnt deserve but u dont do it as much as ur major rivals.
Liverpool is not better than u just because they kicked u out of europe ONLY . . . They are better than u because they have finished above y'all in the last 2 seasons. That alone is something that should worry an average Gaynner.

Coventry are not better than Man Utd. Just because they kicked us out of Carling cup means shyte. . . . Do we even play in the same league?
Whats the basis of greatness here? Are u this fickle, Mr Port Harcourt?
Liverpool have overtaken Arsenal in the last 3 years. . . . . Only a dumbass would disprove that and i know u aint dumbass. . . .
You are just an unrepentant wimp!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2008
Like I said before,I don't believe AW should be sacked(Who do u go for).
He has put himself in a comfort zone.
Hell, who won't like a manager that competes at the highest level, yet makes loads of money for you grin grin grin
You give him 70 million, he doesn't touch it and he was still in the title race with 5 matches to go and a CL spot assured grin grin
Ask newcastle, who keep spending loads and keep declining, or west ham or even manc city with nothing to show for it.
They spend twice as much as Arsenal, yet, nothing
However, AW needs to be made 'uncomfortable'be put under immense pressure.That will make him have a bigger squad and probably land us a trophy.
2003/2004 and now, there has been lots of changes,
Anyone knows about USmanov and his team?Seems the takeover may be this summer.
I wonder what will happen if Dein should come back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by MrPataki1: 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2008
HNIC:

Ask newcastle, who keep spending loads and keep declining, or west ham or even manc city with nothing to show for it.
They spend twice as much as Arsenal, yet, nothing
However, AW needs to be made 'uncomfortable'be put under immense pressure.That will make him have a bigger squad and probably land us a trophy.
DANG!!!!!!!

You have said it well! I believe in Wenger, even though we are at our lowest at the moment, but I think he has become too comfortable with having young squads and thinking he can pull extreme stunt with it.

Now is the best time to start planning for the nest season.

However this season has been so sad for me. But the ultimate discovery of Adebayor and his legendary skills of goal gettings is highly impressive!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2008
Debris of a season:

We started the season being predicted to crash out of the top 4. Henry's sale and Wenger's refusal to buy a "big name" to replace was going to be the downfall of the gunners.

Instead Arsenal flew out of the gates and proved the doubters wrong, Tottenham our predicted replacement reverted to form.

But what happened to the great promise that was still going strong after the ACN?

Where we lost the plot is here:

Eduardo
List of injuries that kept coming esp V.persie
Referees
Bad Luck.

All the above were beyond our control

Now lets talk about things that cost us that we could have helped:

Eboue, he is not the right midfielder that Arsenal needs. He at best is an understudy to Sagna at RB. Otherwise sell him.

Adebayor, do not get me wrong he has helped us immensely. He got great goals but I think he had a part to play in crucial moments that cost us. He had that fight with Bendneter, he did NOT make that pass at Birmingham. He wasted so many Chances last Sunday. Having said that he is a keeper but we need another striker to be the main force.

Gilberto/Denilson/Diaby, Gilberto had a good game against Man U but for most of the season these players were not up to the task of replacing Fabregas and Flamini. Diaby is guilty of overdoing and slowing down our breaks.

Hleb, his phobia of shooting needs Hypnosis to cure. For all his skills if he had any cutting edge in front of goal he would have added another 10 goals. Recommend lots of shooting practise.

Bendneter, is not up to scratch and needs to be replaced with a similar striker but more effective. Sell him

Theo, I honestly do not understand this kid but wish he shows more consistency. He is an enigma.

Gallas, was he a good captain? I am not sure either way but needs to do less talking and more action on the pitch. His tantrum at Birmingham is now being viewed as a form of meltdown.

Wenger: pls make changes a bit earlier, Sell all the lightweights, sort out the defence!!!!

The season is over and I am gutted. This season has actually hurt me more than the last 3 and that includes the loss to barcelona. so much promise and Bleep all at the end of it.

To end this all.

Kudos to Mukina,Loyika, Debosky, Mc Omo and other staunch fans.

and a big

Bleep YOU to Jackal aka Chacal, 4play, software, razorr, islander and other muppets that support the scum from manchester and the yobs from Fulham.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Vieira,

Bleep YOU too!!!!!!
Personally, i will be happy to miss a Gaynner like u.
Eat your heart out.
Tottenham ended the season with a TROPHY and your darling Arsenal FC came home empty. . . . PRICELESS!!!!
At least now, we know the Giants of North London. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jgirl3: 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2008
Vieira:

Bleep YOU to Jackal aka Chacal, 4play, software, razorr, islander and other muppets that support the scum from manchester and the yobs from Fulham.

This is just downright mean. . . . . . . . . . .

but
I love this anyway. No matter how much you cuss us out - it won't bring the arses back from the dead. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by software(m): 7:03am On Apr 15, 2008
its all over now wenger

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 7:39am On Apr 15, 2008
I have been reading some of the posts here and 1 thing shd be certain AW is going no where

I am not in favor of a complete over haul of the team, nobody should even leave, except maybe HOYTE, there's nothing tht guy can offer n he's 24. the Squad stays same but with additional players, possibly another world class centre back, cover for glassy leggged Rosicky, and maybe one of a cover for Cesc and or defensive midfield for Flamini. We just need a bigger squad tht it.

Bendtner can only be better, Ade needs to work on his 1st touches and probably shooting, and for God's sake HLEB should shoot more often, he is such a brilliant player,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 7:49am On Apr 15, 2008
Really, ade shld work on his 1st touch cos sometimes that has been his major let down. he doesnt control the ball at once and he need to be balanced wen dealing with a defender.

we need cover for fab4, flamini so that they'll not play all the matches of the season

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.