Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,606 members, 7,888,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:59 PM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (29161 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ishmael(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2008
DRANOEL:

GBOKO IN BENUE!

you might probably not be aware that when dangote tried erecting a mosque opposite BCC the natives went on rampage destroying vehicles with kano,jigawa and co numbers and threatening to make life unbearable for dangote till he recinded on the decision (and i don't need to tell you about theBCC sale saga)

also when the former governor (george akume) gave out money to the small (insignificant) number of muslims to build a mosque,the natives rioted and drove them away instead

as for the research you are talking about,i don't need to research a place i am from! tiv and hausa is like two dicks with no pu**y

Pally are you saying there are no muslims in Benue state or in Tiv land? Is Abubakar Tsav (a police comissioner or AIG, i can't remember his rank again) not a Tiv and a muslim? There are a lot of Tivs in Katsina-Ala that practice islam. The idomas have thier own people too that practice islam. But does being a muslim make one Hausa? Are yorubas Hausas too, because majority of them are muslims? Are people from Auchi in Edo state Hausas?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
oya united arewa stand up?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by DRANOEL(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2008
ishmael:

Pally are you saying there are no muslims in Benue state or in Tiv land? Is Abubakar Tsav (a police comissioner or AIG, i can't remember his rank again) not a Tiv and a muslim? There are a lot of Tivs in Katsina-Ala that practice islam. The idomas have thir own people too that are practicing muslims. But does being a muslim make one Hausa? Are yorubas Hausas too, because majority of them are muslims?

abubakar tsav though from benue has lived all his lie in kano and adapted there culture (he is considered a kano man in benue)

because it is called katsina ala doesnt mean there are muslims there (it was named after a trader of katsina-yoruba origin) infact katsina ala is the birth place of christianity in benue(it started in sai katsina ala by the NKST missionaries) apart from tsav there are probably five other muslim families in the whole of tiv land. there are one or two muslims in idoma land and thats all you can get. please do not argue because you want to argue,argue based on what you know

IF IMAY ASK YOU APART FROM TSAV,HAVE YOU HEARD OF ANOTHER TIV MUSLIM? YOU MIGHT DO WELL BY NAMING THE PERSON
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2008
idoma dnt like hausa ppl ! i got idoma friend at abuja
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by DRANOEL(m): 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ikey
DONT MIND THE BLOODY JIHADIST,LET ME EDUCATE THEM MORE

The Tiv say they emerged into their present location from the southeast. "Coming down," as they put it, they met the Fulani, with whom they still recognize a joking relationship. The earliest recorded European contact was in 1852, when Tiv were found on the banks of the Benue. In 1879 their occupation of the riverbanks was about the same as in 1950. British occupying forces entered Tivland from the east in 1906, when they were called in to protect a Hausa and Jukun enclave that Tiv had attacked. The Tiv said in 1950 that they had defeated this British force, then later invited the British in. The southern area was penetrated from the south; what southern Tiv call "the eruption" of the British there occurred in 1911.

Dutch Reformed missionaries from South Africa entered Tivland in 1911; they were joined, and then succeeded, by U.S. Protestants in the 1940s and 1950s. Catholic missions arrived in the 1920s.

The early administration, coming as it did from the east where Tiv had come under the influence (but not the hegemony) of Jukun and Hausa kingdoms, established "District Heads," who were influential men to whom the British gave authority in which other Tiv did not concur. That system was extended beyond the area of Jukun influence to other Tiv, causing disturbances. Beginning in 1934, the administration created Tiv experts—men who learned the Tiv language and stayed for far longer periods of time than most colonial officers stayed with any given people. Their reports provided a firm basis for administrative reform.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2008
What ever, if those states doesn't want to be in the Emirates, it is okay, I always say, there is no FORCE in this Unity. All the traditional Rulers of these areas have the freedom to Join Arewa or Refuse. Dressing, Language, Religion is not part of Arewa's requirement. If you accept the guidelines, which I cannot list them here, then you can Join Arewa. Arewa is a free land.

Only few people here can understand what I mean, if you look at the History of the United Arab Emirates, you will see that some of the Emirates joined later when they start seeing the UAE at big heights.

It is not big deal if Benue, Taraba, and other Middlebelt states refuse to Join us, it is even an advantage to us, but we don't want to show them that at first, we will give them the offer, if they accept, okay, if they did not accept, okay. Please NOTE: No Force in the Unity of Arewa Emirates.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by DRANOEL(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2008
without those middle belt states the agriculture claim of the north dies (there also carry all the north can claim to education)

HOWEVER I AM GLAD YOU HAVE ADMITTED THAT YOU DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2008
DRANOEL:

without those middle belt states the agriculture claim of the north dies (there also carry all the north can claim to education)

HOWEVER I AM GLAD YOU HAVE ADMITTED THAT YOU don't KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY

You're a Kitty to me in History, I can't argue with a Kitty, besides I will not change the thread to a History telling one.
What ever, North will still survive even if there is NO Middlebelt region in the Unity. By the way, are you for or against the division?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2008
What ever, if those states doesn't want to be in the Emirates, it is okay, I always say, there is no FORCE in this Unity. All the traditional Rulers of these areas have the freedom to Join Arewa or Refuse. Dressing, Language, Religion is not part of Arewa's requirement. If you accept the guidelines, which I cannot list them here, then you can Join Arewa. Arewa is a free land.

Only few people here can understand what I mean, if you look at the History of the United Arab Emirates, you will see that some of the Emirates joined later when they start seeing the UAE at big heights.

It is not big deal if Benue, Taraba, and other Middlebelt states refuse to Join us, it is even an advantage to us, but we don't want to show them that at first, we will give them the offer, if they accept, okay, if they did not accept, okay. Please NOTE: No Force in the Unity of Arewa Emirates.[/quote

finally finally!!! haa not so united in their banana vampire jihadist republic? they ve just begining to concede some ground
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2008
Yes, because we want an everlasting Peace, we don't want anything that will traverse that peace, for as long as the Unity exist.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by DRANOEL(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
i am not for division,but if we must break away then there must be an AVERNIA REPUBLIC benue,southern taraba,kogi,nasarawa,plateau,southern kaduna,abuja and plateau state

BIAFRA
ODUDUWA
NIGERDELTA
AREWA
AVERNIA

BUT I DONT SUPPORT A BREAK UP
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
well as things stand north might have survived in the past but at present they simply will not survive, You talking about whereby most technicians like auto are from other part of nigeria, teachers,etc. banks in the north are mostly manned by ibo and yorubas! if na lie ask sultan, i go tell You

there are only few enlightened malams out there of which the hausa politicians hugely and massively take advantage of it. they might just surive by killing people, burning buzness and churches

now tell me how the north will survive with their vampire mentality.

if You want everlasting peace, i think You need to educate those vampires for good, surely till then the southners will have no hard feeling for yall
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2008
But I bet Kwara is with us, check this >>> http://www.ilorin.org/
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by DRANOEL(m): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2008
kwara? maybe because they were captured by the fulani,in any case THE REPUBLIC OF AVERNIA will survive
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2008
ikeyman00:

well as things stand north might have survive in the past but at present they simply will not survive, You talking about whereby most technicians like auto are from other part of nigeria, teachers,etc. banks in the north are mostly manned by ibo and yorubas! if na lie ask sultan, i go tell You

there are only few enlightened malams out there of which the hausa politicians hugely and massively take advantage of it. they might just surive by killing people, burning buzness and churches

now tell me how the north will survive with their vampire mentality.

if You want everlasting peace, i think You need to educate those vampires for good, surely till then the southners will have no hard feeling for yall

We will give them Resident Permit to continue their Job if they like? Do you know that 70% of workers in Dubai are not Citizens?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2008
DRANOEL:

kwara? maybe because they were captured by the fulani,in any case THE REPUBLIC OF AVERNIA will survive

I am very much in Support of Avernia Republic, I know we will all be Peaceful neighbours.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2008
Gombe: ‘Pay your bills or celebrate Sallah in darkness’ - PHCN

By Our correspondent

The Power Holding Company of Nigeria in Gombe has given electricity consumers owing it arrears of bills until Friday to settle same “or risk celebrating sallah in darkness.”

The warning was issued by the PHCN with its mobile public address van in the streets in Gombe.

The company said it intended to carry out massive disconnection before the sallah break.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, it said, “We are appealing to debtors and also warning them to either settle their bills or be ready to celebrate sallah in darkness.”

The power company emphasised that “during the impending disconnection, nobody will be spared, so long as he or she is owing.”

Meanwhile, the Business Manager of PHCN in Gombe, Alhaji Ibrahim Zannah, said that the company was being owed N1.5bn by customers.

survival arewa? hhaaa

You feel me now hausa brov. united we stand in this, divided we fall in the planet earth, for blackhood to sustain NIGERIA must stand. i dnt need wonder map to visualise that

funni enough never heard saudis killing foreigners, buring buzness for some stupid cartoon, dubia nko
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2008
ikeyman00:

survival arewa? hhaaa

You feel me now
hausa brov. united we stand in this, divided we fall in the planent earth, for blackhood to sustain NIGERIA must stand. i dnt need wonder map to visual that

funni enough never heard saudis killing foreigners, buring buzness for some stupid cartoon, dubia nko

You don't like Arewa, and you like Arewa to remain with you, what kind of Hipocracy is that?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2008
well dnt know what You and your fellow are talking about. You see what You dnt know is there are a lot of well meaning nigerians and hausa reading these thread as well, surely the nut is unlooping gradually

last year in nigeria there are so many hausa in awka anambra state when i visited, saw that myself, infact they got hausa community there. so pls clear ur head before u come up here
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
ikeyman00:

well dnt know what You and your fellow are talking about. You see what You dnt know is there are a lot of well meaning nigerians and hausa reading these thread as well, surely the nut is unlooping gradually

So, those well meaning people, what do you think they will do about it?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2008
surely the problem is not nigeria, the problem is the nigerians, now forget biafara, as an iboman i can tell You the ibos dnt, i repeat dnt give a monkey who is on power. now let me tell you what the ibos give a monkey about,

good roads, electricity, cheap food etc, the ibos are very clever and hard working as always, thats what kept them through the time.they understand life unlike ur vampire malam,

biafara is just a political propaganda orchstrated by few good people with so many imbeciles, ojukwu understand that as a true soldier, thats the reason he distance himself for good, not a coward like awolowo and associates

so based on the above ,one can understand the reason those uneducated vampires will continue to be rather a liability
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2008
k  nigeria1

lets be real for minute. afterall jesus got beaten when he was here. lets say nigeria have to divide, everywhere You look all you see in nigeria is a political gangters theif, now with so much money at their dispose, it could be said the same people that are governing nigeria will still surface or be in charge of individual member state

so can we say before it come to splitting, lets do our home work first, till then i think we ve been humane as humanebeings

Niger-delta could moan till thy kingdom come, if shell cannot sit up now, they wouldnt stop polluting the basins in the new state if ever that will happen. their governor control lots of million, if ever he could spent just 40% of their allocation for good, hey i swear a lot MEND member will walk away. its true somehow they been seriously cheated but i think one need to be fair and rational at times.

so hey who is the problem! certainly not nigeria, but nigerians and stuburn vampire malams
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2008
nigeria1@ please explain to him very well. Everybody wants good road, good this, good that, but they think with the present situation there is still hope, the Nigerian situation is far above what many people think.

Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is the biggest and most highly respected Intelligence Agency in the World.

Below is a link to the Intelligence Report from the National Intelligence Council (NIC) which Obasanjo called useless and has no base (how many days did he spent in his research that makes him knows that their research is useless and has no base)?

http://www.dni.gov/nic/NIC_globaltrend2015.html#link13e
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2008
well we here to stay. we live in real world, while some live in fake one. there is nothing whatsoever to explain

and by the way why do u have to beleive anything whiteman CIA tells u! my friend u are on ur own on that one oo!gullibe arewaian
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2008
i will watch it, agree but em i think its paramount we overlook on those factors that aint doing no justice. forget osufia na movie makes man i be now. however there is no need trying to shy way on matter at hand that there is no way nigeria can stay united!

ok 1st step let ibo man be a president surely niger-delta hurdle will be over! no more nonsense agenda
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
ikeyman00:

and by the way why do You have to beleive anything whiteman CIA tells You! my friend You are on ur own on that one oo!gullibe arewaian

Because they did not tell us they are Prophets, or they saw God, and God told them this and that.

Before coming up with their Reports, they made series of Research from different perspectives, in different places, from Workshops, Conferences, and so many events, they spend Millions of Dollars for the Research, I have no right to say No, I did not believe, unless I made my own Research which is better than the one they did.

But if one Pastor or Sheikh come and tell me that this and this will happen at so so time, that God tell him in a dream, I have the right to say No, because he may be lying.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2008
anuwal

report or no report You are on your own on that one ha

"soon come"
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2008
Senator Ike, I tot he will contest for the Highest Position, grin we would have start some arrangements for the Economic Integrity between our nations.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2008
kwara is 70% yoruba, why would they become part of the emirate, maybe the northern fringes of kwara but not kwara as a whole. you guys are over simplifying things. yeye people
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by grafikdon: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2008
*deleted*. . . apology no Nigeria@1 grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by grafikdon: 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
You need to be more coherent, my friend. This your leap from Bethlehem to Sokoto will not help whatever cause your fighting for. It's usually hard to decipher your stand because you have the inclination to leap from one unrelated topic to another.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 12:27am On Sep 25, 2008
bawomolo:

kwara is 70% yoruba, why would they become part of the emirate, maybe the northern fringes of kwara but not kwara as a whole.  you guys are over simplifying things. yeye people

How many times can I say, this Unity is not by Force wooooooo. They Join at their will, they reject at their will. Please do not confuse this Unity with the Unification of South West, South East, South South, and North of Niger Area by the British Colonial Rulers. This unity is a free one, anyway, you will understand later if you did not now. Just keep your eyes on the News.

By the way, have you checked this website? http://www.ilorin.org If you did not, then please do not come here and tell me that Kwara is not part of the Arewa Emirate. Please don't just see the picture, symbol, and come back here to post, check their History, Religion, Culture, and Languages, okay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17)

Buhari Shuns Meeting With Bauchi, Adamawa Governors / Sowore, Nnamdi Kanu Plotted To Topple Buhari — SSS / Troops Dislodge Boko Haram Terrorists From Sabisa Forest, Rescue Victim (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.