Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,133 members, 7,977,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 12:54 AM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (30217 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008 

Zamfara suspends officials over alleged fraud, no amputation
From Isah Ibrahim, Gusau

TAKING action over a series of complaint received in respect of payment of compensation to owners of lands acquired by the government for some development projects, the Zamfara State government has suspended a permanent secretary and some top officials of the Ministry for Lands, Survey and Housing, following alleged misappropriation of N250 million meant for the land owners' compensation

Confirming the development, the state Acting Governor, Muktari Ahmed Anka, said the affected officials were suspended from office pending the outcome of investigations.

Anka, who spoke with reporters in Gusau, reiterated government's determination to be transparent and accountable in all its dealings.

His words: "After we received series of complains about payment of compensation from individuals, we set up a committee to investigate and report back to government. I am sure the committee is now working on the matter."

He stressed that the state government would not relent in its effort to provide social amenities to the people of the state, as "it is our responsibility to better the lives of all citizens of this state."

now me said lets once again deal with the factors that are breaking us up before its transcend to what some of yall silly wishes

u see u best beleive

once again for the third time when are those northern vampire gona start stoning those north political monkies!!! till then i know yall for real

all that poem its just for the drama! suck that nonesense
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ZinoBen: 3:42am On Sep 30, 2008
Of course Nigerioa should divide. Have you thought of a nigeria without the Eastern part? Imagine all the good things we would no longer have to worry about:

1. Fraud, deception, fake drugs, drug pushing, excessive attachment to grandoize things and money, please repair the niger bridge and a host of crappy things?

The yoruba's and the north can live together although with mutual suspicion but at least we can think straight without all this jobless ibo street hawkers and alaba boys polluting our image.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2008
hahhahha

na wooo oh well i aint hard to find!
1 love
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by MCUsman(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2008
Zino Ben:

Of course Nigerioa should divide. Have you thought of a nigeria without the Eastern part? Imagine all the good things we would no longer have to worry about:

1. Fraud, deception, fake drugs, drug pushing, excessive attachment to grandoize things and money, please repair the niger bridge and a host of crappy things?

The yoruba's and the north can live together although with mutual suspicion but at least we can think straight without all this jobless ibo street hawkers and alaba boys polluting our image.

Yah come to think of it, your post above make some sense.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2008
Nigeria without the East? Please.

Where will the south west get her money to fund the Owambe parties? And who will find the begging industry in the North?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2008
Should Nigeria be divided? Big question. But I think it is something all stakeholders need to sit and discuss.

But one thing is obvious, the country, as it is currently constituted, is just not working. We need a change, a change for the better.

The change could be true federalism or dividing entirely, but we definitely need a change.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2008
yemmyse:

Should Nigeria be divided? Big question. But I think it is something all stakeholders need to sit and discuss.

Of course, the time when Nigeria was created, I bet they did not sit and discuss about the future of the country, maybe they taught all the ethnic groups can be united in few years just like the way Hausa and Fulani united in a very short time.

But one thing is obvious, the country, as it is currently constituted, is just not working. We need a change, a change for the better.

Yes, there must be a change in the country before anything can move forward, even if we see good things happening now, it has only 1/200 chance that it will stay in peace forever. Imagine asking all Yoruba Men to Marry Igbo Women, and Hausa Men to Marry Yoruba Women. Marriage is the only tool that can unite a nation in a very short time. Even with the marriage, it will take us 100 years or more before we equalize.

The change could be true federalism or dividing entirely, but we definitely need a change.

True Federalism? I bet it will not work since it didn't work since, Federalism is for an already united country where you can only classify people as first class citizens, second class citizens, etc. For example, when Arewa is created, all Yoruba people located in Arewa will be inherently called Bayaraben Arewa in Hausa.

The eyes of our leaders are closed, they are seeing Oil only, Oil only! None of them ever taught of the lasting solution to the People of this society, they are always thinking of the ways they can save huge amount of money, send their children abroad to study, build mansions, and enjoy life without any financial restrictions.

A campaign on this issue have already started, and formation of organization on this has already gone far. Meanwhile, we will create a strong movement not for regional government, true federalism, or rule of law, but for saving the dear people of Niger Area from a country called Nigeria.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2008
Kano Gov in assassination scare

MOHAMMED KABIR, Kano

HEAVY security was yesterday beefed up around the Sheik Ahmadu Tijanni mosque in Kano State where the governor Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau of other personalities converged for the Ed-Fitr prayer.

The heavy security presence Daily Champion gathered, was to forestall alleged plan to assassinate the governor on the occasion.

The prayer session which had the Emir of Kano Alhaji Ado Bayero in attendance was conducted under an intense watch of security operatives who condoned the vicinity and thoroughly screened all persons who entered the mosque.

It would be recalled that the governor allegedly escaped being lynched by whiskers at the Emir’s palace last Friday shortly after he arrived from Saudi Arabia for the lesser Hajj.

Following the attempt on his life, Daily Champion gathered that government officials hurriedly changed the prayer ground from Kofar Mata, the conventional site to the Sheik Ahmadu Tijani mosque.

The attack on the governor has since been denied by the state commissioner for information, Mr. Isa Dederi who described the story as baseless.

Meanwhile, the attack according to Sani Danladi, might not be unconnected with the alleged purchase of Prado Jeeps for the 44 local government districts heads as well as to the National Assembly members from the state by the state government.

Speaking at the end of the prayers, Alhaji Bayero, decreed incessant increase armed robbery in the state calling on the security operatives to double their effort in combating the vice.

"I am disturbed at the increase in robbery other and hoodlum activities in Kano and this has called for the urgent action by the security to do more in their effort in curtailing the menace."

He however, explored the people expose criminals in their midst, and report them to the appropriate security operatives.

what a united north this is
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2008
ikeyman00:

what a united north this is

Is the News saying Kano is attacked by Kaduna or Jigawa attacks Kano, or Emir of Zazzau attacks Emir of Kano? No, this is what is happening all over the country, and not only Kano.

Regarding the Governor, he is the worst Governor we ever had, he have done nothing for the development of Kano, and in the History of Kano's existence, his administration received the largest amount of revenue both from the state and federal. He is using Islam as a tool to celebrate his ransomes, but people of Kano are now tired and they want to take action, even though the plot to assasinate him is just a baseless thing as they said. He is not even Hausa or Fulani he is Babur, a minor ethnic group in Borno.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Uche2nna(m): 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2008
auwal87:

Imagine asking all Yoruba Men to Marry Igbo Women, and Hausa Men to Marry Yoruba Women.

Or we can divide. That seems simpler to me than the above.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2008
Auwal when yorubas join the republic of benin, look how the map would be. We would be bigger than ghana. And 3 times as populated as Ghana.

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2008
And on the unification of the yorubas with benin republic, it is not new for reunification, West and east germany where reunited, So if the Yorubas are reunited with Benin republic it is not new.

The total land area from bash ali picture would be 301,375 sq km . it would have about the same area as poland, Norway , Ivory coast, Oman, Malaysia , and it would have more land area than United kingdom, romania, Belgium, Czech, Holland,Austria, Hungary Philipine, South korea, Demark,Isreal, Portugal, Urugary just to list some few.

It would have a population about the size of Frances, Italy, United Kingdom.

the rest of Nigeria would still be over 100 million according to mr makama, And Nigeria would still be ranked the 10th most populated nation in the world.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2008
Let look at the second largest city in kano state Dambarta and compare it to the second largest in oyo state which is oyo city(5 pages of picture). And other 5 other cities in oyo state. you would notice that Dambarta would not even be among the first 10 largest city in Oyo state. What would this tell any normal human been, cancel the census figures. it was 419. and that is why buhari believes he won. makama 419 everybody , including buhari. It is a difficult thing to do for president Yar adua, but if he claim he is good muslim who introduce sharia. I believe he should obey Allah rather man. If he does not obey God, I believe the supreme court should just go ahead and cancel the election, but he cancel the census, the supreme court should do otherwise, it is the only legal thing to do. I believe this is a test of his believe in allah and if you believe in miracle like i do, God may have mercy upon his soul and heal him.

They claim kano state is 9 million and oyo state is 5 million . another 419 , makama and others are only interested in nigeria to divided, if not why falsfied census figure to cause a national insecurity. makama should be arrest, but what do you find . makama now have a copy of the keys to every room in Aso rock. so what does that tell you. that the north is plan division of nigeria. now look at this picture and ask if nigeria should not divided. since the govt refuse to uphold justice. then let my people go.

Here is Dambarta in kano state, (second largest)

Oyo city, second largest

Ogbomosho

Saki

Iseyin

Ikeshi

Eruwa

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 1:03am On Oct 02, 2008
Danbatta is less populated, there are big farms and small community. It is a village in short.

The Census was a Political Tool, but I bet the Supreme Court is not even concerned with the relations between the Population and the Election results as facts.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 1:12am On Oct 02, 2008
MASSOB call for Political Autonomy in Biafra

MASSOB wrote a Letter to the United Nations and African Union calling for Political Autonomy in Biafra, this letter was sent in July 2007.

You can view the letter here >>> [url]http://biafra.cwis.org/news%207-25-07.htm[/url]
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2008
Danbatta is less populated, there are big farms and small community. It is a village in short.

The Census was a Political Tool, but I bet the Supreme Court is not even concerned with the relations between the Population and the Election results as facts.

Auwal, if the supreme court upheld the result, to the whole world, it mean they were all bribe or they should not be in the supreme court. This is why i live here, with prove like this and the USA supreme court, i would place my life on it, the USA supreme court would cancel the election. We would all see what type of men this men in the nigeria supreme .

The election result and the census too, follow the same ranking. It tell you, both are 419.  they did not need to rig the election for yar adua to become president. Atiku or buhari could not win. So why did they rig the election.?? I just do not understand nigerian sometime.
The opposition is not strong in nigeria, why rig for God sake?? why??
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by DRANOEL(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2008
@nigeria1

you fraud! take a good look at the pictures you are posting (look at the footnotes) you will clearly see that from your pictures the elevation of dambatta is elev 459,oyo elev 292,laniya elev 255 and ogbomosho elev 311. i assume you are educated and if so you should know that satellite pictures with higher elevation look smaller while satellite pictures with lower elevation look bigger. if you want your arguement to stand use pictures with the same elevation and stop deceiving yourself. EDUCATED ILLITERATE
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ nigeria1

I wonder why some people like Dranoel are arguing on the thing they do not have knowledge on.

So, I would like to ask you something, What is the relation between the Population of Niger Area and the Issue of Nigeria's Division, do you have anything to say about that?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2008
First of all the close to a camera, the bigger you look and the far away from a camera the smaller you look.

Population is the reason , we yoruba want to leave nigeria. You see kano state with not even half of the population of oyo state. The nigeria govt claimed kano state is 9 million. Wile satellite pictures shows that ibadan city is 5 times bigger than kano city and the second largest city in kano state, would not make the first 10 large cities in oyo state. why then is oyo state population 5 million , while is ondo state 3 million and ogun state 3 million and osun state 3 million and kwara 2 million. we have satellite picture that shows that the nigeria census was falsified and nothing is been done to correct the injustice. kano has 44 local govt and ondo state have 18 local govt. what is the paramater used to create state and local govt. This put out people at a disadvantage stage. So we would be better off as a country or part of Republic of benin , who are our blood brothers. At least they would not treat us as wick and evil as nigerian have treated our people.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2008
DRANOEL, i went to university of ilorin, when jamb was still jamb. This was the good old days, when 268 you can not get to medical school. and 220 was the cut off mark. And I entered with about 130 student to read electrical engineering ( half of that class had at least 5 A's)  and only 45 of us graduated. That means that 85 student did not finish in time or were kick out of the program. And i was among the 45 student that finished. I was among the first batch of jamb. My father did not know anybody for me to get in like some governors said. Look my brother if I run again fashola I would beat him to become the governor of lagos state or ondo state. I speak pingin pass fashola and agagu.

oboy say I come speak pingin with you. does not mean i no know book.  We miss home sometime and the internet provide that way to reach nigeria.

If yorubas become part of republic of benin. You would be reunite 3 ethnics group. The borgu would be reunited too and the fons. So not only yorubas would gain. The present president of the republic of benin is  from borgu. You see IBB wake up one day and cut borgu from kwara state  to niger state without finding out the history and culture similarity between the Yorubas and the borugu people.  Do you know what % of borgu people speak yoruba.? Ibb should go and find out.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 12:26am On Oct 03, 2008
To better understand what i mean, and know it is true. That the elevation is from the earth waterbed. If you zoom down to the maximum in kano city. You would not be able to zoom to zero elevation. The minimum you can zoom down to 478, which is the election of kano above sea level.

here is 2 picture showing a logo at the sani abacha stadium. If you still zoom out from the logo , you still have 478, if you zoom in back to the logo, you still will have 478 at the elevation.

but check the eye alt , You can zoom to zero 0 level or 1000 km from earth,

So my friend I no do fraud or 419. I am just telling you the true. And it look it is bitter to you, I know you are a northerner. Look even if nigeria break up and I can tell you northerner WOULD NEVER SUFFER. you would be better than what you are today in nigeria.

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 2:17am On Oct 03, 2008
I would hope the whole Population of Arewa to be even less than 5 Million, will be better for quick rehabilitation and development of the community. What really matters is making things done in a peaceful way.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2008
no, i think nigeria population is about 160 million or more
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by DRANOEL(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2008
seeems i have to educate you on everything

Elevation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The act of raising from a lower place, condition, or quality to a higher; -- said of material things, persons, the mind, the voice, etc.; as, the elevation of grain; elevation to a throne; elevation of mind, thoughts, or character.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition of being elevated; height; exaltation.

That which is raised up or elevated; an elevated place or station; as, an elevation of the ground; a hill.

The distance of a celestial object above the horizon, or the arc of a vertical circle intercepted between it and the horizon; altitude; as, the elevation of the pole, or of a star.

The angle which the style makes with the substylar line.

The movement of the axis of a piece in a vertical plane; also, the angle of elevation, that is, the angle between the axis of the piece and the line o/ sight; -- distinguished from direction.

A geometrical projection of a building, or other object, on a plane perpendicular to the horizon; orthographic projection on a vertical plane; -- called by the ancients the orthography.

Much of Nigeria's surface consists of ancient crystalline rocks of the African Shield. Having been subject to weathering and erosion for long periods, the characteristic landscape of this area is extensive level plains interrupted by occasional granite mountains. These features form a major landscape type of Nigeria and of West Africa as a whole. There are also smaller areas of younger granites found, for example, on the Jos Plateau (see fig. cool.

Sedimentary strata dating from various periods overlay the older rocks in many areas. The sedimentary areas typically consist of flat-topped ridges and dissected plateaus and a characteristic landscape of extensive plains and no major rocky outcrops. This landscape is generally true of the basins of the Niger and Benue rivers as well as the depressions of the Chad and Sokoto basins in the far northeast and northwest of the country, respectively. The most dramatic of the sedimentary landscapes are in southeastern Nigeria, where thick sedimentary beds from the Abakaliki Uplift to the Anambra Basin have been tilted and eroded. This process has resulted in a rugged scarp land topography with east-facing cliffs at in the Udi Hills, north of Enugu, and in the area around Nanka and Agulu.

Although relatively little of the Nigerian landscape has been shaped by volcanic episodes, there are two main areas of volcanic rock. They are found on the Biu Plateau in the northeast, extending into some localized volcanic areas along the eastern border with Cameroon, and on the Jos Plateau in the northern center of the country.

The elevational pattern of most of Nigeria consists of a gradual rise from the coastal plains to the northern savanna regions, generally reaching an elevation of 600 to 700 meters. Higher altitudes, reaching more than 1,200 meters in elevation, are found only in isolated areas of the Jos Plateau and in parts of the eastern highlands along the Cameroon border. The coastal plain extends inland for about ten kilometers and rises to an elevation of forty to fifty meters above sea level at its northern boundary. The eastern and western sections of the coastal plain are separated by the Niger Delta, which extends over an area of about 10,000 square kilometers. Much of this is swampland, separated by numerous islands. The coastal plain region penetrates inland about seventy-five kilometers in the west but extends farther in the east. This region is gently undulating with elevation increasing northward and a mean elevation of about 150 meters above sea level. Much of the population of southern Nigeria is located in these eastern and western coastal plains and in some of the contiguous areas of the coast and the lower Niger Basin.

Separating the two segments of the coastal plain and extending to the northeast and northwest are the broad river basins of the Niger and Benue rivers. The upper reaches of these rivers form narrow valleys and contain falls and rapids. Most of the lower portions, however, are free from rapids and have extensive floodplains and braided stream channels. To the north of the Niger and Benue basins are the broad, stepped plateau and granite mountains that characterize much of northern Nigeria. Such mountains are also found in the southwest, in the region between the western coastal plains and the upper Niger Basin. The western wedge between Abeokuta and Ibadan and the Niger Basin reaches elevations of 600 meters or more, while the extensive northern savanna region, stretching from Kontagora to Gombe and east to the border, includes extensive areas with elevations of more than 1,200 meters or more at its center. The mountainous zone along the middle part of the eastern border, the Cameroon Highlands, includes the country's highest point (2,042 meters). In the far northeast and northwest, elevation falls again to below 300 meters in the Chad Basin in the far northeast and the Sokoto Basin in the northwest.

WHAT ALL THESE MEANS DUMB ASS IS THAT WHEN MEASURING A PLACE AND PART OF IT IS BELOW SEA LEVEL(POINT) AND ANOTHER PART IS ABOVE SEA LEVEL(POINT) THEY ARE BOTH MEASURED WITH THE SAME ELEVATION BUT STARTING AT EACH POINT AND NOT USING ASSUMPTIONS THAT SINCE THIS AREA IS BELOW SEA LEVEL LETS MEASURE FROM A LOWER ELEVATION (BOTH WILL BE MEASURED FROM SAY AN ELEVATION OF 200M BUT STARTING FROM DIFFERENT POINT.) THE KILOMETRES YOU ARE TALKIN ABOUT IS THE LENGHT OF THE AREA MUMU
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2008
DRANOEL , I assume you never went to school in nigeria. Look when i went to school in nigeria. Nigerian do not send their children to do their first degree abroad. 90% person of nigerian who did was because they fail an exam to nigeria university. The exam is called Jamb. It is 400 questions in 4 hours. less than  1 minute to answer a question.

if you do not know what 845785367 multiple by 4236743 in 10 seconds. in a question that have other detail , what hope for you?

You would not have calculators to help you out. Calculators are considered cheating in exam in nigeria.  i miss awolowo.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2008
Now compare the picture of 30 of the major towns after kano city in kano state, you would see, there is no way kano population was 9 million , and there is noway kano state is more populated than oyo state or ondo state or ogun state.

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2008
I will back with bauchi state.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2008
give me time. i will back
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2008
bloody hell!! hahaha
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2008
ow think say you be igboman
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by nigeria12: 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2008
una done leave this picture. so what is the summary. should we/,   For you to understand that the people of nigeria are been 419 ,  Do you know for 10 month, the senators and house of reps have claim they want to review the consitutition,  Now ask yourself, do you think they are serious or just running 419 on the people of nigeria.

Where can we find people who are ready to serve the people of nigeria.?? where
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by 9ja4eva: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2008
Yes,

Nigeria should be divided,

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16)

Villagers Rescued As Bandits Fall Into Hunters’ Ambush In Kaduna / Soludo On A 'Thank You' Visit To Governor Obiano (Photos) / Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.