Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (29160 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Queenisha1: 12:53am On Sep 25, 2008
This guy needs to be castrated.
ah ah!!
what is this?
he needs to be captured and his manhood severed from the root.
where are deepzone and jenny
I can't take this anymore
something needs to be done and done rightaway! grin
we have a business to take care of grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 12:58am On Sep 25, 2008
_Queenisha:

This guy needs to be castrated.
ah ah!!
what is this?
he needs to be captured and his manhood severed from the root.
where are deepzone and jenny
I can't take this anymore
something needs to be done and done rightaway! grin
we have a business to take care of grin

Which guy are you talking about?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 25, 2008
Nigeria1 ride on!!! grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 1:34am On Sep 25, 2008
What Nigeria1 is trying to inform you people is that the Population of Benin is far more than the Population of Hadejia, because the elevation at which you can capture the whole Hadejia is almost the same with the one you can capture only some parts of Benin city. If you tried the experiment, you will capture the whole of Hadejia at an elevation of 13669 ft from the ground, but you can only capture some parts of the populated region of Benin at that elevation.

@ Nigeria1, many people will not understand what you mean, but for those that knows, it is great to know. Here is my own take of Hadejia from 13669 ft from the ground and some parts of Benin city from 13682 ft from the ground. To capture the whole of benin city, you have to fly to almost 15 miles from the ground.

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 3:53am On Sep 25, 2008
nigeria1@/:

see how bad the nigeria govt is,  and  some people  expect the FBI to collect wrong information from a fraud group, I can see why the media is now refering to the govt as taliban.  Even after all the satellite picture s seen all over the world nigeria shameful collect the same fraud census,  do you see why nigeria would never develop and why we need to break up nigeria.   And how long would the USA govt fold its hand and watch fraud take place. this nigeria fraud by nigeria govt officer would also affect banks and other USA agency. it is so bad. I wish i was never born in nigeria. Nigeria i am ashame of you.

http://www.dailytrust.com/content/view/19373/238/

This is latest news, let us see the reaction of the Nigerians.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by jgirl3: 4:11am On Sep 25, 2008
nigeria1@/:

i wish i was never born in nigeria. nigeria would never develop. it is a cause nation. when useless people rule , you know useless resource will come out. i ashame i am a nigerian. i pity those of you still there. You better look for away to leave, you are living in a useless nation. I am really ashame. if a president who as a master degree in chemistry can accept sure fraud. you know there is no hope for that country.

we would be looking for the unification of the yorubas with the republic of benin from this point.
This is too harsh now!
You better be proud of your heritage. There's a reason why you were born Nigerian and not British.
You guys need to be more optimistic.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by jgirl3: 4:18am On Sep 25, 2008
nigeria1@/:

I am a yorubaman from now. no talk of nigeria. una go die for underdevelopment, I just use the term been born a nigerian.
AH! I reserve my comments and I give up.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 4:25am On Sep 25, 2008
Nigeria did not exists for even 60 years,

Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, and most other tribes exists for hundreds of years, and will continue to exist for ever.

But Nigeria created few years ago can perished anytime.

People Wake up!
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 4:31am On Sep 25, 2008
is there a way to ban this guys IP. seriously?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 4:40am On Sep 25, 2008
bawomolo:

is there a way to ban this guys IP. seriously?

No ban, he is expressing freedom of speech on nairaland, abi his post disturb you, no force to read them.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by sima(f): 4:51am On Sep 25, 2008
divided into how many??. undecided
if it's 5 . .HELL NO!! angry but if it's 4 or 2 . . den yes i guess tongue
sori oO people. . i just cant help it
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2008
The Circles of Leaders is always the same in Niger Area, and just moving at a path which will lead to the first point (Round Circle).
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
Here is my 2cents, let us divide and let everyone go their seperate ways, however, there is a need to make sure that no one has access to the Oil, let us all go and derive other ways of making money and generating revenue.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2008
This 419bigger sef. smiley
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Here is my 2cents, let us divide and let everyone go their seperate ways, however, there is a need to make sure that no one has access to the Oil, let us all go and derive other ways of making money and generating revenue.
Your argument is rubbish. The people who has the oil should take the oil with them. This shows that your only interest in remaining in ONE nigeria is about the oil. As long as no other people have access to the oil just as youself, you will be happy to leave. Are you hausa or yoruba? Those who are happy to remain in ONE nigeria. Don't give me that silly crap "i am a nigerian"
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Fhemmmy: 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Your argument is rubbish. The people who has the oil should take the oil with them. This shows that your only interest in remaining in ONE nigeria is about the oil. As long as no other people have access to the oil just as youself, you will be happy to leave. Are you hausa or yoruba? Those who are happy to remain in ONE nigeria. Don't give me that silly crap "i am a nigerian"

thanks for the comment, however, the reason why i said what i said was the fact that the discovery of Oil in Nigeria as a nation has been a bad reason why other sector of generating revenue has been left untapped, or developed, seems like presence of Oil in Nigeria or region in NIgria has been bad and not for good.
Even if South goes with the Oil, i ams ure they cant make it.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2008
Fhemmmy:

thanks for the comment, however, the reason why i said what i said was the fact that the discovery of Oil in Nigeria as a nation has been a bad reason why other sector of generating revenue has been left untapped, or developed, seems like presence of Oil in Nigeria or region in NIgria has been bad and not for good.
Even if South goes with the Oil, i ams ure they can't make it.
The bolded shouldn't be in any way your problem if you are not from the south. You can't cry more than the bereaved, can you? You still have not answered my question above. Are you hausa or yoruba? Don't tell me you are nigerian.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2008
united nigeria for life! nobody can touch this!!! nonsense

its here to stay as times goes some dies, some are born! it will carry-on until the good thinking true nigerians take control

enough bullllllllllllllllssssssssss
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2008
ikeyman00:

united nigeria for life! nobody can touch this!!! nonsense

its here to stay as times goes some dies, some are born! it will carry-on until the good thinking true nigerians take control

enough bullllllllllllllllssssssssss
Good thinking? Can it be in same equation with northern nigerian people? They must be afraid. Their nigeria will not last much longer. They must deal with reality.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2008
well emm sure You right? but then again we heard all that before, we even beleive the world will be over in 2000

You see people like yall will continue doing my heading for christ sake, course we understand there arnt no easy way to this mess nigerians are living in, but i still beleive under this union NIGERia me and you and you and you can still make a change. its all good sitting here talking  till day break but the truth of the matter is if the so called illegal union split with the same mechanism still on  ground i can garantee You niger-delta and certain memeber state might just be worse off. we are talking about men of power with so much money in the hands wondering here and there in the surface, You talking about obj that was looking for 3rd term,You talking about ibb that still wana be president,right now the so called mumu northern is in power, as we are talking everypost has been northernised  with pppl with no skills, its took him so much time to realise nigeria aint moving no where, now hes conceding to sacking the whole lots, and these are the idiots that wana see super northern nigeria in the making

now 1st step every ibo in  abroad should contribute $5 to build world class hospital in every ibo state, next project an IT power house, let just ignore those stupid malams for once, in due time they will need us

and by the way i yet to see those country that split from USSR that has improve hhha, enough respect to east  and west germany
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2008
nigeria1@/:

You see as long as we do not review the constitution no Igboman or south south would be president. Make una tell una people to join us for the review. And if at the review. You decided you want to pack you load. get there first.
419 bigger, i hear you. Preach on bro.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2008
nigeria constitution alway need serious amendment, no body is arguing against that
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by grafikdon: 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2008
All these one Nigeria people. . . one Nigga-Area grin grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by QuotaSyste(m): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2008
ikeyman00:

well emm sure You right? but then again we heard all that before, we even beleive the world will be over in 2000

You see people like yall will continue doing my heading for christ sake, course we understand there arnt no easy way to this mess nigerians are living in, but i still beleive under this union NIGERia me and you and you and you can still make a change. its all good sitting here talking  till day break but the truth of the matter is if the so called illegal union split with the same mechanism still on  ground i can garantee You niger-delta and certain memeber state might just be worse off. we are talking about men of power with so much money in the hands wondering here and there in the surface, You talking about obj that was looking for 3rd term,You talking about ibb that still wana be president,right now the so called mumu northern is in power, as we are talking everypost has been northernised with pppl with no skills, its took him so much time to realise nigeria aint moving no where, now hes conceding to sacking the whole lots, and these are the idiots that wana see super northern nigeria in the making

now 1st step every ibo in  abroad should contribute $5 to build world class hospital in every ibo state, next profect and IT power house, let just ignore those stupid malams for once, in due time they will need us

any by the way i yet to see those country that split for USSR that has improve hhha, enough respect to east  and west germany
Your comment is like of someone who has just resigned himself to his fate and accepted to be raped when he can still fight his way out of the mess. The very way your oppressors knew how to play their game is the way you also should find a way to get out from their net. Don't resign yourself to such fate, after all you are Igbo and we have the spirit of never say die at all odds. On the other hand, who told you that if the illegal union splits, that the same mechanism/status quo will be maintained? Who told you so? That is the lame excuse and insinuation of all hausas and most yorubas who want the nigeria union to remain ONE as it is simple because they are afraid of making it on their own if ever the union splits.

As you have bad people in every group, so does good ones. Who told you that people like Soludo, Okonjo, Akunyili and people of their pedigree will not man the affairs of Biafra in the event of split of nigeria? So also do they have notable characters in Niger Delta to man their own affairs. If they don't have same in yoruba and hausa lands, that should be their own cup of tea in the event of split.  Why should you buy into the propaganda of hausa/yoruba nigerians that will always haul the names like Ibori, Alamesia, Odili, Uba and co as the intended leaders of Biafra and Niger Delta areas if eventually the country splits? Why?

In the event of split, do they still haved to tell you (implant someone on you by force) who to rule you as they are doing today? Nonsense. Stop buying into their propanganda. If you are Igbo, you are supposed to know that an all Igboland country will never waste anytime to revolt against any stupid leader. These people are getting away with their mess today because of Abuja with the connivance of other ethnic groups (especially yorubas) who are afraid of leaving the union to fend on their own. You know they will never join you in any revolt in their nigeria because they are beneffiting from the mess and you can't spoil their fun for them.

And by the way, if you are yet to see any of the former soviet block countries without improved standard of living as you claimed above, then you are either lying to yourself, or you are still in the dark regarding information. Countries like Poland, Czech Rep., Luthania, Latvia, Hungary, Slovania, Croatia, Ukraine to name but a few are better off today in all aspect than being caged inside evil USSR.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 5:03am On Sep 26, 2008
na wooo grin grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikeyman00(m): 5:12am On Sep 26, 2008
graftdon

All these one Nigeria people. . . one Nigga-Area

gimmicks on the loose
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 27, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin"
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 2:52am On Sep 27, 2008
I dedicated this Poem to Arewa, Biafra, and Oduduwa, an entity called Niger Area (Nigeria).

There were you, once in a time
Midst of the Valleys, full of shades
Full of roasts, wired with roots
With molten trees, rot to death
While the spillage damaged your veins
You can't breath, even with jokes

There were you, once in a time
About to run, but the sky is dark
Darkness reign, no where to run
Hosts tempting you, hard with clout
But you always, answer with nerve
They lead you all, the way down
Down down, to a deadly end
You cry cry, and cry
But they cannot hear you cry

Those that hear can't even tempt
Unless you wake, the wonders on
You have blessed, the right with care
The left enjoy, your open gates
The center, you blessed with peace
Up the land, you spread your dream
You cry cry, and cry
But they can't hear you cry

Those that hear can't even tempt
Unless you wake, the wonders on
Now is time, for you to take your pride
Share your blessings, with the guarded hosts
Peace shall reign, and evil shall perish
The Light shall come, and stay forever with you

I dedicated this Poem to Arewa, Biafra, and Oduduwa, an entity called Niger Area (Nigeria).
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 27, 2008
Wow, did you write that?
So strong, the poem.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 3:07am On Sep 27, 2008
YES, thank you for the comment.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 4:33am On Sep 27, 2008
Couldn't believe I made that in less than an hour, well, that's how it is, Literature.

Back to the topic now, what the poem is telling us, could any one guess?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2008
I dare Nigeria to break away and be divided, if they have what it takes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17)

Governor Fayose Hangs Out With A Masquerade (Photos) / London police speak on Dokpes's Arrest, Say it’s Connected to A Rape Allegation / Interim Govt: ‘They’ll See What Will Happen’ – Arewa Youths Issue Stern Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.