Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,424 members, 7,971,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:34 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (523423 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Jackal
Gettin an out and out striker, that i understand. But gettin a Ruud replacement, that i don't feel comfortable with.
I am not sayin that Ruud's time at United wasn't good,but united relied on him so much for goals, And our goal pattern was very predictable. An off day for Ruud meant an off day for united. Immediately he left, we scored so many goals more than we ever did in his time and the goals were spread among all team members, This created more excitement and that element of surprise. Gettin Hunterlaar mite mean going back to the Ruud era ( Dont misquote me. I aint saying Ruud or Hunterlaar are bad )

Like I said before, Tevez can be tamed. He can be a box player and can also create goals out of nothing. . . (am not speakin for Fergie. . .jus my mind.)

To me, I Woulda prefered Rossi stayed. . . or is he staying?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2007
@ J-K,

So u really think we can swing avalanche of goals next season without a RUUD replacement?
Has it occured to u we lost in the UEFA and FA cup because we didnt have an out n out striker?
Has it also occured to u Ronaldo will have it tough next season and he wont get 17 goals?
Believe it or not. . . . . The surprise element has gone. . . . . It was evident against Chelsea at the FA cup final.
2-3 players swooping on Ronaldo has soon as he gets the ball will be the norm next season.

United were lucky with goals last season. . . . . Dont letz ride on that luck this time around.
Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo will make things happen outside the box but who will get the goals inside the box?
Who will bang in the rebounds like RUUD does? Who will always tag along with opponent's last defender to evade the offside trap?
Can u remember Inzaghi's role in the UEFA finals against Liverpool?
U definitely need a player of that mentality in ur team. A player that gambles and delivers.
No other player is better than RUUD, INZAGHI and HUNTELAAR in that role in the world right now.
Man United does not have such a player in the squad so i suggest we get HUNTELAAR and leave TEVEZ alone.
Rossi and Rooney are mirror-images of Tevez so why add another player with the same mould?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinwunmi(m): 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2007
@JK n Jack
wetin dey shele abt Tevez?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by software(m): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2007
my people o,

I hail oo. Lets all keep our fingers crossed and see what happens this coming season, Perhaps not all the big players with big name would perform in their new clubs,

Chelsea for Life
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Jackal

Are you then sayin if we dont get Hunterlaar, we are doomed?

Like i said before, I also share your views about the similarities. But I also want to try to see wat Fergie is seeing concerning Tevez. He's been right on so many issues people, including me and you, have criticized him on. He obviously would av noticed the similarities too, dont you think?

For all you know, Smith mite stay and Rooney and Tevez mite not play together. . . And for all you know, they mite.

Well, Fergie knows.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:56am On Jul 06, 2007
For Bleep's sake. . . . . . . I hope this aint true.

Tevez to cost Man United 38 million pounds? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Where is this money coming from?
Call MI-5, i can smell DRUG MONEY!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 1:13am On Jul 06, 2007
Fergie must be auctioning Ronaldo, Carrick and Hargreaves for sexual favors to the highest bidders to get that kind of cash

Rooney wd've been included but alas he is too ugly grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:18am On Jul 06, 2007
38 million pounds? For wat? Oh. . are his legs made of gold?
I'll go check it out now. Better not be true
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 2:37am On Jul 06, 2007
I dont think its true.

We dont need to spend dt much on a striker.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2007
I'd love to have Tevez in UTD; the good thing about what SAF is doing now is he's building a young, versatile squad which would be to the good of UTD in the long run - as for Tevez and Rooney being like players, its a very good thing c'os it means we're g'onna players in the attack with loads of energy, very mobile, not scared of running at defences, skillful and sharp too. they'd cause defenses problem, drop deep to aid the midfield and a plus they'd serve as a defense high up the field by closing down the opposition in the upper 3rd.

the Huntelaar option wouldn't be too pure; not taking away the fact that he's a good poacher, he'd could wound up being a passenger most times just like V. Nistelrooy and that might not be healthy - look at L'pool's D. Kuyt for instance !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by BernieBoy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2007
Man u 4 life
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
This Tevez issue is gettin outta hand.

All the papers yesterday reported he has agreed a two year loan deal with United. . .with a possibility of a permanent move after the 2 years. .
Today these same papers are reporting that West Ham and the Premier League would not allow the move, . .cos Tevez is still a West Ham player until 2010. . .something that has to do with the contract that brought him to the EPL.

Why so much controversy about this Tevez guy. still cant place my hands on the details about his coup move from Corinthians to West Ham. . .

If Tevez would drag like Hargreaves, we had better look elsewhere. . .

Does anyone know if Lucas Podolski is available. . Wouldn't be bad to see him play for United. He is definitely one of my fav strikers. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2007
Hmm d TEVEZ move dey confuse me oh
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 12:37am On Jul 07, 2007
Carlos Tevez's representatives claim the West Ham striker has agreed personal terms with Manchester United.

The Hammers attempted to play down talk of the Argentina international moving to Old Trafford on Friday evening by stating that they expect him to be part of their preparations for the new season.

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson also insisted that the Upton Park club would have to agree to let Tevez leave this summer.

But in response, Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian says the former Corinthians ace has already been given permission to talk to other clubs and discussions have taken place with United.

Joorabchian claims the 23-year-old has now agreed a deal which should see him join the Premier League champions in the coming days.

"The circumstances surrounding Carlos Tevez's relationship with West Ham have been well documented in the media and footballing world," said a statement from Joorabchian's lawyers.

"We confirm that Carlos Tevez has, with the knowledge and permission of West Ham United Football Club, been in discussions with other clubs.

"Subsequently, personal terms have now been agreed with Manchester United Football Club.

"Carlos Tevez's representatives will work during the course of next week so that a move to Manchester United can be finalised as quickly as possible.

"The process for finalising the player's registration with Manchester United will be undertaken in accordance with appropriate procedures."

Manchester United have confirmed they have held talks with Tevez, and say they were given permission to do so.

"We have acted in good faith," said a United spokesman. "Carlos Tevez was given permission to speak to us and do a deal."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475582&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=4161&title=Tevez+'agrees'+United+deal
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 12:38am On Jul 07, 2007
I'm happy that the deal is close and for all those that are screaming that United are spending big, it's only because they want to win big. Sure the Premiership is a great achievement, but they need a team with depth and quality, and we're slowly on the road to that.

Chelsea were on the quick road when Utd have already won and won with flair, if Chelsea are gonna spend big, spend on quality players, players that will play to impress, as why spend big for a 1-0 win? :S
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by topgun(m): 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2007
grin

Rooney and tevez r not exactly d same thus i think he'll slot in nicely.
do i hear chelski fans worryin? sorry, wait, there aren't any real chelski fans just ABMU fans!!

Red Devils 4 lyfe
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by fromuk(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2007
Tavez is in the squard and his dia for good, he did not cost 38mil, just for loan for 2 yrs may be permenant b4 the loan runs out. Man U all the way.Old Traford here i come.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinwunmi(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2007
How i wish we nailed F.Torres. That would have been lovely man. Yeah we spend big n we spend it wisely abii what as Roman n his toddlers got to show for there moni.

Owo bee lapoo mii, didee ko ba mii joo************RED DEVILS FOR LIFE

EXTREMELY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 3:42am On Jul 08, 2007
Well lets c d line-up SAF sticks to.

Tevez never agree yet oh.

Wats dis news about selling ROSSI?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 8:56am On Jul 08, 2007
4 me, tevez is worth all d hype & dough, Pray UTD can close d deal soonest. It'd be a massive + 2 d squad !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2007
@Jackal

Why exactly are you putting Huntelaar on the level of RVN and Inzaghi?. . .He plays in the Dutch league for chrissake, have we forgotten how many goals Kezman scored there year after year?

Tevez is a better player than Huntelaar, Huntelaar is average, nothing special!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2007
@ Donzman,

The difference here is that Huntelaar is a Dutch striker and Kezman is a Serb.
Now, name me any Dutch striker that is not worth his onions and i will give u a thousand pounds!.
Scoring goals is a tradition with the Dutch so i will have to stick to Huntelaar any day.
So Huntelaar is average? Please go and watch how he single-handedly led the Ajax attack line to blast PSV away last season.
The scores was 6-1.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2007
I knw 1, DIRK KUYT, That guy's simply DJIBRIL CISSE in white skin!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2007
Dirk Kuyt?
He still banged in 14 goals for the Scousers in his debut season.
If u compare him to Shevchenko or Ballack then u will appreciate his efforts and work-rate.
How can u say Kuyt is wack?
Kuyt would have netted more than 20 goals if the task of penalty-kicks in games is given to him.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mykygaga: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2007
forget man u. arsenal beat u guys up home and away. ie arsenal is good (AIG)
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2007
Who is this?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2007
Anutha Nairaland idiot.

They are so many these days . . . . . .They hate Man Utd's success.
Didn't u hear some of em sent mysterious parcels to Rooney and Ronaldo at the close of last season?
They can't handle the vibe . . . . . . . . . . THEY CAN'T STOP THE REIGN.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2007
I guess Arsenal beating United home and away is now a trophy!!! . .Well I guess its a bit of a consolation. Nonsense.!!!
Oh you forgot. . West Ham too beat united home and away. . Same West Ham that also beat Arsenal home and away! Freaks!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jgirl3: 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2007
Oh my gosh! I've been missing so much in the Sports board.

First and Foremost, My heart is broken for all Arsenal fans because they have lost the source of their motivation (Henri).

Secondly, I'm expecting Tevez soonest. He would be a brilliant addition to an already brilliant team.

Thirdly, I can NOT wait for next season. All we have to do is pray that we don't lose our defenders at the last leg like we did last Season.

Lastly, for all those who have hated on Man Utd. Keep the fire burning. I hope the jealousy burns you people out too (dem know demselves)
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:59pm On Jul 08, 2007
hey j-girl!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin cheesy
where have u been??

this thread is jus full of boyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. we've missed ur female touch!! grin grin cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jgirl3: 12:43am On Jul 09, 2007
justkunmi:

hey j-girl!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin cheesy
where have u been??

this thread is jus full of boyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. we've missed your female touch!! grin grin cool

Lol! At least somebody missed me o! Thank you.
I'm on vacation and that includes me being stress-free from all the Man Utd. haters. I'll be more than happy to add my female touch back. smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 09, 2007
@Jackal

The game where PSV lost 6-1, did Alex play?. . .Not sure!

There are many no good Dutch strikers out there, no need to begin naming anyway. Dirk Kuyt isn't really that good a finisher, he just works extremely hard which Benitez appreciates. It's one thing scoring in the Dutch or Scottish league, it's a whole other thing in the premiership. You require more from your striker than just poaching because as good as Crespo is, he couldn't do much in the premiership.

Look at Berbatov for example, he brings more to the table than just poaching. So does Drogba, Kuyt and etcetera.

Huntelaar might turn out being the the next RVN, definitely not Kluivert because Patrick was really skilled but I still prefer Tevez, if only to have that extra player beside Ronaldo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.