Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (507072 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by crazylegs(m): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2008
The match wasn't what was expected but the good thing is that it leaves EVERYTHING to play for in OT. Rjikaard saw the match was not going anywhere so he decided not to risk Messi unnecessarily. I think he had his eye on OT all the while.

Wise decision. Without him, Barcelona has no chance. A more open Man U. is what we need.

Barca kept the ball. They didn't try hard enough to score. They haven't scored much in while so they are still rebuilding confidence. I don't doubt they can get an away goal in OT. With an away goal things will change: a lot.

Keep an eye on Henry as well. OT will definitely motivate him.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2008
Barca played well, however they did not have any clear cut chance so they resorted to shooting from outside the box. They obviously lacked ideas on how to break the defence line. Messi couldn't even break it while he played. Kudos to Man U's defence line.
However i expect a more open game at OT probably with Vida and Anderson back in the team.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 11:42am On Apr 24, 2008
Barca's attack was too 'one-dimensional'.Reminded me of arsenal of last season(Special emphasis on last season) grin grin grin.
Seriously, since manure was playing 9 men behind the ball, why not resort to opening their defence from the wings.
Zam and Abidal hardly made forays from the wings and it was all a passing game between Ini,Xavi and Toure.
It wasn't until Titi entered that it looked as if Barca could score a goal, as he was willing to run against their defence.
Kudos to Scholes,I thought he was gonna be d weak link, but surprisingly he worked his socks off in the middle.
Just my opinion, If Manure had come out to play, they could have won yesterday.Ronaldo was too isolated upfront for any meaningful attack.
All to play for though on Tuesday.We'll see what happens.
Manure had better watch out for Titi.Seems he's prepared to remain an adversary for life!!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2008
guys can we leave arsenal out of this
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2008
*comes in. . *
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ All Mancs,

Ignore Dayokanu!!!!
There's nuthing to suggest he watched the match on TV. He read all the gist on the net so his views are warped.

@ HNIC,

United will spank Barcelona at OT. . . .  . . . . There's an air of inevitability about it.
To have 70% possession of the ball without making any clear cut chance is ridiculous.
Cristiano Ronaldo, despite being left too isolated was far more dangerous than the whole Barca attack put together.

Messi was just caressing the ball outside the box. . . . Ronaldo looked far more dangerous than the little Argy.
United's back four did an excellent job and Rio Ferdinand stood tall against Etoo. . . . He matched Etoo pound for pound.
The game at OT will be very different. . . . .United will attack, create and definitely win.
There's no team in Europe that will outscore or match United at Old Trafford. . . . .Anutha high score tie beckons next tuesday.
It could end 5-1 to Man Utd.

@ Justkunmi,

Fergie had to reshuffle because he had Chelsea on his mind throughout the 90!!!
Rooney had to be replaced to keep him safe for saturday. . . . . We went to the Lion's den and came out alive.
Let em come to Fort Knox and show us what they got. . . . . End of.
Roma spanked United 2-1 last season and got raped 7-1 at Old Trafford. . . .

People keep saying United will come out n play thus leaving spaces for Barcelona to exploit.
What space? The tempo of their game is too slow to build any attack at OT. . . . It was like FIFA08 on PS3.
Evra was magnificient against Messi, he would do the same at OT. . . . Anderson will be back to stamp his authority in the midfield.
The HOLY TRINITY will be allowed to play in their preferred position. . . United is through to the final!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2008
Yesterday's game was an eye opener on so many levels. . .

Truth be told, Barca are a great attacking team, and they can hold possession for the whole 90. . .They did that pretty well yesterday. . .But the game still ended barren. . . What does that suggest? cool

Can anyone remember any special save from Van Der Sar? Like 2 or 3 for the whole of the 90 with all the possession they had. . .
But United on the other hand, had like 30 percent of the possession with just 3 or 4 moves going forward, had a penalty, a call for a second penalty and a clear miss from Carrick. . .All these in 4 moves of attacking football. . .
cool
It just tells a lot that Barca is just a bunch of attacking footballers with no defensive ability whatsoever. . . Run at them 3 times and you'll score. . .
If United had had a little more bite and purpose, we woulda scored 2 goals, because each time we went forward, something nearly happens. .

The major problem yesterday, like I was telling a pal during the match was our midfield. . .There was no connection between defence and attack. Whenever Brown or Evra wins the ball at the back, it doesn't get to the attack because there was no middle. Scholes was a defender, Carrick was a defender, Park was a defender. . . . .
Only Tevez and Ronaldo were seen beyond the centre half. . .

I was only thinking Fergie would bring on Anderson for Park and make Ronaldo play on the left with Tevez upfront. . .but he brought out Tevez instead angry
And what was Giggs doing in that game

Good game for us anyways, we did not concede. . .

Something to be taken from the game. . .

Barca is nothing more than a bunch of forward minded players. . .Run at them constantly and they would break down. .

I expect to see a different approach at OT. , Thers's no hiding anymore. . .We Must Win. . .

Jackal

I second that. . . I see alot of goals from United on Tuesday cos they'll be coming out with more zest and desire. ,
We survived the Camp Nou with their great fans cheering at their every attack. . . Let's see the United fans do what they do best. . .

PROUDLY UNITED cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Temmie10(m): 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2008
Dayokanu forgot to mention that in the season where his nazi bayern munich beat barca home and away, they lost the title to fergie! and kuffour cried like a baby
but i guess i'd subscribe to jackal's theology and ignore a confused football dilettante
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ Justkunmi,

After Vidic's odd stomach bug and Anderson's 80% fit. . . . .His main priority was to contain Barcelona effectively.
That was Fergie's goal. . . . .anything at the other end was just a bonus.
Ferguson knows Barcelona is infinitely stronger at HOME than AWAY.
The motive was get out of Camp Nou with a decent score and take the Catalans apart at OT like we did ROMA.
Even the bookies favour Man Utd to go through.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2008
Story! Story! STORY!! grin grin

We will, they will, i will. grin

When did "I will buy a car" become a vehicle

You all played defensive last night, accept that fact and hope for the best on Tuesday. Keep dreaming of 5-1 scorelines.

If i were ya'll i will concentrate on saturdays game, then pick up the pieces for Tuesdays game. " games away, and United get 2 draws. Next game is also away, before the home tie.

Will The Scummies get burned out going for a win against the Russian Machine Vidic might not be risked against the Russians, can Wes Brown play at CB against Drogba

WE SHALL SEE!! cool

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2008
The bookies favoured Man United to beat Blacburn, the bookies favoured both teams to score goals last night. SO MUCH FOR THE bleeping BOOKIES.

Will the bookies play the game

You all should just shut it, and concentrate on not burning out the team against Chelscum. Either way, 1 team will definately be going out on Tuesday, a nil draw favours Bawrca more than it does United, simply because; BARCA CAN/DO SCORE AWAY FROM HOME IN EUROPE!!

You all can only hope you out score them on the night in question.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Temmie10(m): 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2008
the bookies never favoured arsenal to win the epl even when they lead by 5 points and they were right.
they deserve some effing credit!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ Loyika,

Chelsea are in the same dilemma as Man Utd.
They are facing the Scousers on wednesday and Lampard has gone back to see his mum so he wont be playing.
Wes Brown can deal with Drogba. . . . Drogba is not interested anymore!!!! Pique will outmuscle him let alone Brown.

United have a large squad and with Chelsea under Grant(it will take a biblical miracle to beat United at SB).
Blimey. . . . United can go there and WIN convincingly.
We dont have to win at Chelsea to wrap the title. . . . A draw will be enough as Chelsea would still go to Newcastle as well.

What are their chances getting a win under a new improved BAR CODES? It's United's title.
Barca can score away from home ma foot. . . . . scoring away from home means ZILCH if United can outscore em.
If it ends 10-9 at OT. . . . . United will go through even with Messi scoring 3 HATRICKS.

Never underestimate the bookies. . . . They are not STUPID.
They get it right all the time. . . .When Arsenal were on top of the table, the bookies still favoured United to clinch it.
How is that for psychic reading?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2008
Jackal.

Looking at the circumstances, we really did well. . .
We contained a constant barrage of attack from Messi, Deco, Iniesta, Eto'o and even the turkey, Henry, with a makeshift defence. . .infront a magnificent crowd shouting everyone's name as they moved forward. . .It was crazee,
You heard how they were shouting Henry's name before he took his freekick. . .

Twas quite good to see. . .
The game at OT would be a different ball game. . .
We'll be more attack minded hopefully with Vidic and Ando back. . .and our ever crazeee fans. . .

Loyika

You musta seen the game peeping though the window into a neighbour's house. . . grin
We played defensively. . .yes. , Cos Barca were constantly on the attack. . .
Like I sid before, they had all the possession with nothing to show for it. .
Rijkaard knows the importance of a goal in the UCL. He knows what it means playing infront of your home corwd. They've missed their chance, now its United's turn to play infront of its crowd. . .
Now we'll see who makes better use of the situations. .

The Chelsea game is next. . .
We have Nani back and our players are mentally ready for it. . .We can do Chelsea in, very possible. . .We have the players, we have the attitude. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2008
You have to play the flipping games.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2008
@LOYIKA

u made me laff so hard I am yet to rec over fully. . . .  grin

they will  . . . we will . . . I will  grin

why are these guys failing to see that Fergie is getting faced with selection problems  

he had to roll a strong squad against Blackburn . . .end result   a forced draw  grin

a strong squad without Vida . . . .end result   barren draw  shocked with the PHONEY TRINITY  shocked  tongue

now they gats to play Chelski with a strong team . . .hell knows that match will see the chavs up the ante . . . cool what will be the end result . . .

NOW THE BOASTS CAN BEGIN !!! THERE IS AN AIR OF INEVITABILITY ABOUT IT  . . .EVRA WILL CAGE ANELKA BLA BLA . . .DROGBA WILL BE CAGED BY WES . . .HARGREAVES WILL BE NAMED WORLD BEST 2 BLA BLA  grin  grin  
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2008
. . .and what have you said??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ Loyika,

You make me laugh.
The team in the pole position will remain STRONGER than ever at this stage of which either either a draw/loss is not even CATASTROPHIC.
Besides, how is any of these back to back games different from the busy festive fixtures in december.
United have a large squad. . . . . I can name a different starting XI capable of getting results at Chelsea with no qualms.

We still have Nani, Anderson, Neville, Silvestre, Vidic and KitKat to refresh if things get a bit too tight.
United is not Arsenal . . . . Ronaldo will destroy Chelsea at the Bridge.
They will be scared of United more than Liverpool.
We match em in every department and Fergie has the upperhand as Grant is a newbie.
United will not LOSE to any of the big 4 this season . . . .The worst RESULT is a DRAW.
5 HEAD TO HEAD games= 4 WINS and 1 draw(at the Emirates). . . . Please respect that!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2008
@MC
we need an interpreter for all u posted
to me, its swahili . cant understand what u wanna say

are u saying we wont beat Chelsea?
come clear

@Loyiks
now, u want to start getting under our skin shey?
wont u prefer an all english affair in the finals

u berra support us or else u people will go trophyless next season (lol!)
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2008
JK cool

Well he has said much more than you all, decieving yourselves that United played a brilliant game

The fact is they had to play defensive really so because Vidic was injured THE WHOLE UNITED SQUAD HAD TO PLAY DEFENSIVE Ok then Vidic might not be risked for saturday, will you all play defensive at SB as well

If that was another team, you all would be here making alll kinds of bunkumery statements, now its United, you come here to say; OH WE PLAYED DEFENCE BRILLIANTLY!? What utter rubbish.

The tie is still open for both team, home or away, any team that wants to win the UCL at this stage doesn't bother about that. Barca have scored away goals in this comp, so they will/might score at OT, the problem for them is, will they out score you guys, or will they get out gunned. THEY ONLY NEED ANY KIND OF SCORE DRAW TO GO THROUGH!!

As for the bookies, didn't they say United would cream Milano at the San Siro at this same stage last season Just wondering.

All to still play for (In the UCL at least wink.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ Loyika,

U spew bollocks.
The bookies handed Milan the favourites after the 3-2 draw at OT. . . . . .I can still remember that very well.
Milan became favourites after the 90 mins at OT so dont spew bollocks . . .I remember Rio was injured and Vida was out as well.

As for yesterday's game. . . . . . .Vidic's late illness disrupted Fergie's plans.
Nani was half-fit, Anderson was 80% fit and there was travel sickness all over the place.
Fergie had to do a damage limitation. . . . .Go to Barcelona and get a decent score and turn on the HEAT at OT.

If Liverpool can be so insipid at the Emirates and could blow Gaynners apart at Anfield then United to do much more.
Barcelona cannot score against a good defence . . . .That was proven yesterday. Rio earned so much respect last night.
He gave Etoo a horrid time and i dont see Barca doing shyte on tuesday. . . .They blew their chance at OT.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2008
Chacal cool

I never said United will not beat Chelscum (Ronaldo can rape Roman's house help for good measure before the game, for all i care).

I said, you all might tire out, or get injured players after the game.

2 away games already - 2 draws read btw the lines.

If Chelscum score first, Scum United will need to expend energy chasing the game, and playing Chelsea is a lesson in energy expending grin grin

Anyways, we will see how it goes. Before the game last night, you distinctively said United will batter Barca with goals The only thing they battered Barca with was spit from Divino, always complaining to the ref like a whinger tongue tongue

I would suggest you alll wait to see SAF's line up before you make your bold predictions, for all you know, HE MIGHT START GIGGS AND SAHA UP FRONT grin grin To save Shrek and Scarface for Farcelona lipsrsealed

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2008
@Loyiks
why do u call them Farcelona?
thats the first time im seeing that. .

scums, chavs and now farcelona
wahala
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ Loyika,

United will beat Barcelona even with an injured Ronaldo . . . .
The difference between this season and last season is a larger squad and a clean bill of health.
Fletcher and Saha are the only players crocked as we speak . . . . Vidic should be fit for Chelsea as he just had a stomach bug.
Nothing to do with his head and limbs so he should be fully fit against Barcelona.

Chelsea won't be going for blood . . . .A win still puts em under Man Utd with the goals difference.
Before the game against Barcelona, i said United should win the game and i never saw Vidic's bug and Anderson's fitness coming.
If they were all FIT, United coulda won easily. Barca is just shyte. . . .I am still wondering how they beat Arsenal in 2006.

Why am i surprised? Any crappy team can beat Arsenal . . . . Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Sevilla. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2008
Farcelona

Because their team is a farce Imagine some of the results they have had, especially last night tongue tongue WHAT A FARCE TEAM THEY HAVE! tongue tongue

Who thought of giving Abidal a pair of football boots embarassed

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2008
Loyika. . .

You keep talking as if Barca is Derby County or LA Galaxy. , . .They are Barca for Bleep's sake. .
They play exceptional attacking football with so much flair. . .and they were at home for heaven's sake with over[b] 98 thousand fans!!!!!!!!!![/b]. .And you come here to say. , United played defensively!!!. . .
Hell yeah we played defensive. , proudly infact. . . Stopping them from gettin a goal in the whole of the 90. . .

You wait for the game at OT, then you'll see who the defensive team would be. . .

If u read my first post today, you'll see me say Barca is over rated. . .
They controlled the game for long spells and couldnt get a goal. . .
United had just 4 goal bound moves and had a penalty, a penalty appeal, a clear miss. . .
So WTF are we saying??

Lets see if Puyol would withstand Rooney and Ronaldo at OT. . .

And on the Chelsea game. . .

United can beat Chelsea convincingly. .
See all of Chelsea's game against the Big 4. . .at OT. .
They almost lost those games. . .
See Arsenal for example. . .Arsenal scored first and went to sleep and allowed them equalize and win.
So ur telling me United cannot go up against Chelsea an retain the lead till the end of the 90??

Plsss. . .give us some credit!! angry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2008
Oh yeah, i remember we beat another crappy team in Milan who beat you all last season. SO YOU ALL MIGHT BE CRAPPY AS WELL!!

grin GOONER 89

P.S. Jk Chacal just said they were crap, so what gives PICK ONE, ARE THEY GOOD OR ARE THEY CRAP!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2008
Anyways, all this talk is doing my head in, LETS SEE HOW THE GAMES PAN OUT!! Footie is 40% talk, so it comes with the territory!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ Loyika,

United players have been waiting all their lives for these kinda games.
It is the game that makes or mars a season . . . . .United will storm through it without a scratch.
The fluidity in the squad allows Ferguson to play anyone anywhere unlike Arsenal . . . . .
Remember what happened when u played Senderos as a CB at Anfield? grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2008
Barca is cr@p  angry

@tKB419

I didnt expect u to understand considering your low IQ  tongue

am not saying that Manure can't beat Chelski . . .far from it  cool but whi knows THEY WILL BE PLAYING WITH LAST PINTS OF BLOOD IN THEM  grin

Fergie seems to be losing the plot  . . .I KEEP SAYING IT WHY DID HE ROLL OUT A STRONG X1 AGAINST BLACKBURN  shocked

now he has to roll out another very strong side against Chelski and then Farcelona like Loyiks has taken to calling them  grin  grin

WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN AT SB
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2008
McOmo. .
Mc Omo:

am not saying that Manure can't beat Chelski . . .far from it cool but whi knows THEY WILL BE PLAYING WITH LAST PINTS OF BLOOD IN THEM grin

Fergie seems to be losing the plot . . .I KEEP SAYING IT WHY DID HE ROLL OUT A STRONG X1 AGAINST BLACKBURN shocked

now he has to roll out another very strong side against Chelski and then Farcelona like Loyiks has taken to calling them grin grin

WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN AT SB

Your concerned bout United Now thats nu. . . wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2008
Its soooo funny now, how Ass anal fans are coming up here to spew very rich bollocks.

We had to play defensively cos it was strategic, vida's illness, and for crying out loud we were playing Barca in there Backyard.

To have gotten a draw from the tie is well deserved, considering the way Barca had possession.

@ loyika

All this IF CHELSEA SCORE FIRST, OR WE TIRE OUT OR GET INJURED postulations that you are spewing only confirms that you are a real gayner.

This is football, people get tired,injured, and can score first in a game. This things do happen, Have you said anything new.

Look at the Man U squad, it is rich with players that can stand in for any one injured, THIS IS NOT ASS ANAL.

Lets see what Barca have to offer on tuesday.

Am less perturbed bout the chelsea game cos the worst that would happen is a draw. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.