Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (507072 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Him1(m): 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2008
Imani:

On behalf of most gunners, good luck to Man United, at least for once grin. [s]although personally, i am supporting our former igwe[/s] lipsrsealed

dont count me among those sell out gunners, good luck to Barcelona.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Imani(f): 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2008
4Him,

I wish them good luck, as a sign of good sportmanship. Manchester United are still a british team, and in the UK, we tend to support british teams against the opposition. This is particularly tricky, as i still have a lot of respect for Henry and would like to see him achieve his dream of winning the champions league.

For Manchester United, well, may the best team win. I am just weary that people like 4play and jackal will not let arsenal fans rest should they win.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2008
PENALTY!!!!!!

RONALDO?

How could he have missed a penalty in this kinda match.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bluehorizo(m): 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2008
And up it went! Up Ronaldo!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2008
I hope there are medical teams on standby.
These guys can make a man have seizure.
That's not to say we still don't like C.Ronaldo.
Who knows, he may still nail their coffin tonight :X
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by deola1(m): 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2008
Man am God die if i dont off the T.V
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Him1(m): 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2008
why is it so deathly quiet here? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by deola1(m): 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2008
don't mind me man, the pressure is just too much for me
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Deola1
Don't worry, there is a doctor in the house wink
I hope I don't pass out before the patient (lol)
Don't give up yet.

I only hope that we can come up with one of our nice counter-attacks.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by SamMilla1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2008
not too bad half,
came late into the game
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ajadrage: 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2008
up man u grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ SAM MILLA,

Its a poor display from Man Utd by their own standards . . . Although United should have had a 2nd penalty.

What was all that cagey game about. . . . . .
We can HURT Barca defence as much as they can hurt ours. . . . so what the Bleep??
Fergie's too cocky when it comes to AWAY games in Europe.

Go Gung Ho. . . .If they score, so be it. . . .
We can score as well. . . .0-0 result will be a disgrace for a United side packed with so much FIREPOWER.
Wazza is just wasted where he is being stuck. . . .Let him play in the middle with Ronaldo and letz see some action.

Barca's playing like Arsenal. . . . .Plenty of possession footie, no end product in the final third.
I don't want United to wait till Barca score a goal before rallying around to get the decisive away goal.
HOLY TRINITY . . . . Where ya GUNS @?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

don't count me among those sell out gunners, good luck to Barcelona.

Na jealousy go kill una.Where is your team? grin They are watching on TV,just like you and I. grin

Carry una jealousy go attack Wenger.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2008
We are playing defensive.

The match will change in the second half.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Imani(f): 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

don't count me among those sell out gunners, good luck to Barcelona.

Didn't read the highlighted words, Did you say sell out?.  . . .I am still a bonafide member of gunners club. Don't be afraid. We shot ourselves in the foot, which is why we werent the ones playing chelsea yesterday.

4play,

You are a leech!!! No further comment.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by deola1(m): 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2008
football must be fair us barca, we really deserve to win by 2-0. . .lol
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2008
I hope we are able to survive the 2nd half
A draw won't be a bad idea.
I hope SAF also makes his changes to bring in some strength into the team

@ Deola1
Thank God you're still breathing cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2008
Rijkaad jus sold the match. y the hell did he remove their most potent threat?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Him1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
4 Play:

Na jealousy go kill una.Where is your team? grin They are watching on TV,just like you and I. grin

Carry una jealousy go attack Wenger.

you'll join us on the sidelines by next week. take heart. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Him1(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
i feel sorry for Man U fans. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2008
Truth be told. . . .United were comfortable.

I still think its United's tie.

Barca just ain't as potent anymore.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Imani(f): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2008
Man U analysts,

Please come and explain to us why you guys didnt score? lipsrsealed

A particular member that makes the loudest noise has been offfline since the game ended, what happened? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Doyin13,

2 of the best managers in Europe have CONSPIRED to produce the dullest, crappiest, most useless semi final game in the history of the UCL.
What was Ferguson thinking? Rooney and Tevez were just wasted. . . . . He should have kept em on the bench.
There was no point playing em at all in a game of this magnitude. . . . Why not play 10 defenders for 90 minutes?

Rijkaard on his part was also shambolic.
One expects a side playing at HOME to add some urgency to their game. . . . It was like they were just happy to keep the ball.
No sense of urgency or ambition to force a goal. . . . .The whole game was just all talk-no show.
Bleep the 2 gaffers for coming out with such senseless approach.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2008
We were in good shape through the match.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Him1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Doyin13,

2 of the best managers in Europe have CONSPIRED to produce the dullest, crappiest, most useless semi final game in the history of the UCL.
What was Ferguson thinking? Rooney and Tevez were just wasted. . . . . He should have kept em on the bench.
There was no point playing em at all in a game of this magnitude. . . . Why not play 10 defenders for 90 minutes?

Rijkaard on his part was also shambolic.
One expects a side playing at HOME to add some urgency to their game. . . . It was like they were just happy to keep the ball.
No sense of urgency or ambition to force a goal. . . . .The whole game was just all talk-no show.
Bleep the 2 gaffers for coming out with such senseless approach.

I would blame Fergie for putting 10 men behind the ball. Man U had 2 shots on goal for 90mins, that is a shame.

Dont hide under the banner of Rijkaard's team, at least they forced the match. I'd be more worried about Man U's crap performance for all their noise making.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

To be frank, i think Scholes was better than Carrick on the night.
Michael Carrick had a stinker of a game and i was wondering why Ferguson didnt unleash Anderson.
Anyways, it must be the Gaffer's instruction to his players. . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Jackal

It is good as Anderson did not play today because the plan Sir Alex had in mind is to push 2 players forward and the rest to defend.

Anderson will play in the next leg.

I believe he wants to test the striking force of Barcelona and we have a good result today.

Just watch out for a reformed Manchester United in the return leg.

Scholes is not just a player, he is an icon so you should expect something from that uncle.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

Just saw Fergie's interview now. . . . .He said SCHOLESY was his man of the match.
He was the only one that won tackles after tackles and kept/used the ball well outta the lotz.
The only excuse here is. . . . United players are not designed to play this crooked way. . . This is a rape on the die-hard fans.
Blimey . . . . . I was thinking an explosive match. . . . . Maybe if Ronaldo had buried his penalty kick then we could have had an explosive tie.
There was me thinking it would end 3-3.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Jackal
I was not so sure about the match today.

I also predicted a draw with the expectation that it will end as 1-1 because I was confident about our defence.

You need not to worry, because the second leg will be an all out play and hopefully we will get what we want.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

Of course. . . . .I know the 2nd leg would be explosive. . . .

United should turn on the heat at Old Trafford.
No cagey stupid game against a dire Barca side that play like Arsenal. . . .
However, dont u think its about time Fergie ditches Giggsy?? That ol' man should be allowed to go in PEACE.
There's no pub in Northern England today that pundits are not asking the same question. . .
I think it's about time Giggsy moves on.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2008
For the second leg, United will come out all guns blazing and try to score at least in the first ten minutes.

If Barca can survive the onslaught, they might have a chance.

If they don't, then they might collapse.

But we shall see. . . . .

On tonite's match, I think Fergie's negativity was borne out of his apprehension Barca sre simply better at keeping
the ball than United are.

And he prolly did not play Anderson because his inexperience might lead him to get all gung ho and forget his defensive duties.

I just hope things open up in the second leg.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jgirl3: 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2008
Doyin - if Manchester United had lost today ehn! I would have e-murdered you. Thank your stars. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ the whole thing,
I'm happy it was a goalless draw. Hopefully, Barca gets schooled at OT. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.