Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,154 members, 7,949,961 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (518047 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2008
No it doesn't, the habbit of that referee is to give cards any how.

I don't mind seeing Scholessie in any of the up coming matches. His got the quality of scoring from a very long distance just like the players in Serie A and La Liga.

He will come in handy when we play against Barcelona and Chelsea.

We don't have any other player who has that skill @ present. Although his student "Anderson" does but no goals for the guy yet, so we have to rely on what we have for now.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tboy81(m): 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2008
Giggsy should be played when we have a comfortable lead. (though i feel Nani can sometimes be 'hyperactive',  . .  look at dat last minute kick he took,he should have crossed it into the 6yad-box)

BTW: I'm watching Barca-Espanyol (Espanyol is still fighting for UEFA cup)

Henry,Messi,Deco,Abidal are on the bench . . . 1st half-just ended. . .(0-0) .  . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2008
@ Cassiel.

Are you sure you are not a writer for Jigga, Dre or Snoop? Damn, your alliterating rhymes got me tripping girl!!!

Rob Sty. . Pig Sty grin grin grin grin. Hahah, that was callous girl!

Hei, United would be fine. Actually, this draw taste better than a victory! Even a loss @ SB with 2 games to go after that puts us in a poll position, especially with our helele goal difference. If we loose at SB, there is no way, we wont go ahead and win the next 2 games with aplomb.

@ all you Chavs
Besides, UNITED CANT LOSE AT SB, at most its Gooner be a draw: Y'all should read from my fingers and quote me after the season finale. . . .

Chei, i don make mouth, hope my words & quotes wont come and bite my ass like it did to 'em Gayners Abeg no shaking joooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2008
tboy81:

BTW: I'm watching Barca-Espanyol (Espanyol is still fighting for UEFA cup)

Henry,Messi,Deco,Abidal are on the bench . . . 1st half-just ended. . .(0-0) .  . . .

Watching that too.

No mind Barcelona. Dem dey rest there best players against us.

Expect Henry in the match if he is fit to play. He will be the key weapon that will be placed against us.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2008
Cristalz:

As for Tevez,hez a last-minute genius.Almost always comes through when its most important.But jeez,its one scarily nasty scar hez got on his neck.Anybody been noticing it?Fascinates me grin Perhaps he waz in some kind of Spanish knife duel.

I hear he got it while trying to steal Argentine Puff Puff as a kid. . . . . .

As per Rob Styles. . . .I think the man is alright actually. I remember the excellent spot in that FA Cup
quater final for Pompey.

Shows the man has balls. . . . .I know many who would have bottled it in that nest of vampiric gremlins
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2008
God bless Tevez for us. Always at the right place at the right time. I take so many positives from this match. It will be difficult for any team to beat us. Am confident Chelsea aint winning at SB on sat. And even if they manage to, our superior goals difference stands us out though i don't see that happening cos those boys are mentally strong.

I hope Hargo and Anderson comes through for the match, Vidic should be fitter by then. I wonder what Giggs is still doing in that team, he should play against teams like deby and not important matches like this. nani was superb though he could be wasteful.

@Critalz
Tevez's scar is as a result of hot water which poured on him while he was about 7yrs or so.

The trophy is still within grasp. United forever.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2008
@doyin13
Lol.The scar makes him look like a very aggressive assasin.Love it grin

Rob Styles does have balls,yes,but sometimes he believes hez gotta shove 'em in everybody's face.Most times,highly unnecessary.

@rikky
Hmm.Asking peops to quote you? lipsrsealed grin Lol.Remember some wounded catz are still feeling very aggrieved. I really doubt that we'll lose at SB.We're very able and capable of taking them on,matching them and beating them.I just hope we do exactly that.

@nazzy
Ok,i could see reason about Scholes(tho its been awhile since anybody's seen those long-range goals of his),but Giggs,no way.He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the pitch unless there's absolutely noone to take his place,which is highly unlikely.I think Ando and Park are much better choices than Giggs.His glory days are over.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tboy81(m): 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2008
Barca has made all their 3 substituitions:

Lionel Messi for Giovanni (45)
Andres Iniesta for Eidur Gudjohnsen (45)
Rafael Márquez for Carles Puyol (66)

. . . . . . .  Looks like they've brought in some of their key players to freshen their legs for Wednesday Nite

Oh dat boi Messi! . . .  . . We need to cage at boi o! wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2008
Messi is worrisome,yeah. Who do we have to cage him anyway? Wes? O'Shea? Those guys scare me.They're a little like Senderos sometimes.Geniuses at times,truckload of errors at other times. Evra,i'm not so sure of. Vida and Rio are gonna have one heck of a lot of work cut out for 'em in the upcoming games. It would go a mighty long way in our favor if we could avoid conceding.
Howz Henry looking? Fit and spunky? I'm not watching the match.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2008
Wayne won't miss Wednesday

Sir Alex claims Wayne Rooney, Edwin van der Sar, Owen Hargreaves and Anderson will all be fit to face Barcelona at the Nou Camp on Wednesday.

Van der Sar, Hargreaves and Anderson were all rested on Saturday at Ewood Park, while Rooney was forced off against Blackburn Rovers with what appeared to be a back or hip injury.

Rooney went down under a challenge from Stephen Warnock midway through the second half in United’s 1-1 draw on Saturday. After a period of restricted movement, the England international appeared to loosen up but was eventually replaced by Ji-sung Park in the 90th minute.

“Wayne got a knock on the hip but I’m sure it won’t keep him out of Wednesday night’s match,” Sir Alex told Setanta Sports.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2008
Nice game today.I respect the fighting spirit it was awesome!! if only my boys had some of that undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2008
I am not in support of Ryan Giggs but he will used because of the history he has with the club.

Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney are like a must feature player in Manchester United.

Giggs will play because of his experience and history he has with the club.

Left to me I want to see him amongst the spectators but that will not happen.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2008
A-40:

Nice game today.I[b] respect the fighting spirit it was awesome!! if only my boys had some of that [/b] undecided

@ A-40

Actually your boys did, but someone casted and binded the spirit when it mattered most- at d end of the season, ofcourse!!

See ya next season!!! grin grin grin

BTW: I know you were part of the team that lobbied Muki to ban my "Tomfoolery" thread, abi? grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2008
A-40:

Nice game today. I respect the fighting spirit it was awesome!! if only my boys had some of that undecided

There is always a next time.

Arsenal has the right set of people in the team, but they need a person to convert their efforts to success.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tboy81(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2008
I was about asking about Wayne Rooney's hip/waist injury . . . . . . . . hope he'll be FULLY FIT by wednesday nite.

Barca-Espanyol just ended 0-0 and the Barca fans were waving their White Handerchief . . . . . they've just been so inconsistent this season.

. . . . . . . i hope the inconsistency continues on wednesday nite grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2008
Sir Alex said Rooney will be fit for the match.

Presently there seem to be no difference between us and Barcelona right now. Our matches are not as smooth as we want.

As we are having problems so are they but right now most of their players are back.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2008
We've got 3 crucial matches before April ends

23 April, 2008 - Barcelona V UNITED - Away

26 April, 2008 - Chelsea V UNITED - Away

29 April 2008 - UNITED V Barcelona Home
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2008
Hmm. And all three matches 3 days apart.A sign,perhaps? grin Score 3 goals in each.If we don't concede,we win.Now won't that be sweet grin

Fergie should know better than to pick players for important matches out of sentiment.If hez going to be sentimental about Giggs,then he should be prepared to face the consequences,cos Giggs is now a shadow of his former star self.
What Fergie should do is put Giggs in after all the goals have been scored.As in,when the match is already wrapped up and waiting for the whistle.Then his flops won't count that much.

Rooney will be fine for Barca.Dude's got great fighting spirit grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 9:45pm On Apr 19, 2008
You mean just like what he did to J Park today.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2008
Well,kinda.Though we never had today's game wrapped up grin.And what he did with Park got me pissed.Shoulda been the other way 'round,Giggs coming in for Park at that time.Not saying Park would have been perfect if he had been on earlier,but i know he woulda been better than Giggs was.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2008
Lets pray we don't get crazy selection against Barcelona and Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2008
Wouldnt know if my observations are wrong but i think Scholes no longer has that commanding presence again. He has not been impressive as far as am concerned in the last 4 matches.

I will prefer a midfield of Carrick, Hargo, Anderson and Ronaldo if SAF decides to play 4-4-2 and will like Nani to join them incase he wants Rooney to be alone upfront.

Giggs should retire in peace before he is forced to.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by teemoe(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2008
@  crystal poppin
Sir fergie respects what ryan giggs has done for the club and wants him to play a considerable part in our trophy winning season, he will then be able to wholeheartedly celebrate his 10th premier league title (thats what i think )

I detest seeing giggs name on the first team list, apart from some intelligent touches here and there he adds nothing to our game

I'll always prefer park, he's a hardworker, tracks back, can score the odd goal, and he's ok taking on defenders on the wings,

@ ndumart
scholes reads the game well, he has experience going for him and has the ability to throw unbelievable long and short passes, he's a lot more useful than oga giggs although he could go missing in games for long periods
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tboy81(m): 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2008
SAF needs to lay aside this sentiments especially when we are in dire need of results.

The experience of these old guys is can't be discarded; but so also is the YOUTHFULLNESS of these youngsters needed.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 12:04am On Apr 20, 2008
shameless MANCUNIAN bunch  shocked

y'all should be thankful that Kitkat had not been sent off so early, else the game would have been long buried  grin

with all ur mouth-making it becomes so obvious that IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL IT ACTUALLY IS . . . . cool

imagine I even used to think that Manure would do barca in but now am I am so unsure  . . . .what with Fergie rolling out a strong X1 against a very physical Blackburn side  shocked

worse still one can be sure cos of the energy that went into scarping today's draw . . .Manure players would come out obviously jaded against Barca who went ahead to rest a few players in their own game  . . . .I cant imagine a Manure team playing without Roooney . . . .THAT ONE NA DIE  grin  grin

Friedel comes as across as one of the best goaliemepons in the EPL , , ,why should anyone be surprised  undecided

Samba, Cruz, Reid and Roberts were all on top of their game . . .imagine how clueless Evra looked for most parts of the game cos of the way Reid played  grin  grin

anyways . . . .the league is still open !! @ least manure now knows that bogey teams still abound . . . .West Ham is waiting  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by MrPataki1: 12:14am On Apr 20, 2008
Brad Friedel made some stunning saves today!!! I am most impressed with the outcome of the match. I hope it keeps getting better like todays match with Blackburn for the scummies. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2008
It is funny the way people talk without knowing what the out come will be.

I am sure you guys will freeze when you see how we will perform against Barcelona. You are talking as if Barcelona will be right in our throat.

Just wait till the time comes.

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 8:55am On Apr 20, 2008
Don't forget that these guys are deadly.

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mavtrevor(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2008
We'll soon see how deadly they could be against Barca.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2008
@cristalz
3 goals in each match?Josephine must be your middle name

@rikkyjen
I agree my boys did not have the fighting spirit when it mattered most.As for the tomfoolery thread i had no hand in its closure of any sort i detest false accusations its not like i was bothered by the thread i know a few peeps started taking stuff personal but i wasnt one of them so why the accusations?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2008
Mc Omo:

worse still one can be sure because of the energy that went into scarping today's draw . . .Manure players would come out obviously jaded against Barca who went ahead to rest a few players in their own game . . . .I can't imagine a Manure team playing without Roooney . . . .THAT ONE NA DIE grin grin

Dude,not like we Mancs really care what you think,but FYI, nobody ever said United was perfect.Shit like this happens with 'em EPL teams like Boro and Blackburn that are only good @ nicking points off the top teams.Ask Wenger tongue We didn't lose,did we?And last time i checked,we're still on top. One of the characteristics of a strong team is the ability to fight to the last when all odds are against,and still keep soaring on.Your team sucks at that.They lose steam half-way to the end of a game and when they get beaten,it takes 'em nearly 3 matches to recover.United on the other hand have no such problem.We fought to the last and got a draw.Better than a loss.And when shit like this happens to United,it only increases their drive in the next match(es).We don't sit back and sulk like spoiled puppies.

Barca rested a few players,so what?Henry could rest for the next 3 weeks and still not be productive on the pitch.Ask Van Persie tongue Their resting players is not a determining factor,geddit?United guys don't tire out easily like Arsene's boys.

And your inability to imagine a United team without Rooney just goes to show how limited your imagination is grin Good thing Fergie's the gaffer,not you tongue

So dearie,feel free to mosey on over to camp Nou.Sure they could win,but our chances of winning are just as strong.Methinks its too soon to start casting your prophetic doom jinx on us. But thanks for caring tongue grin

@A-40
Yours must be Thomas cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2008
@Josephine
I would still advice you not to brag too much ooh

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.