Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,822 members, 7,889,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:00 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (507082 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2008
@tkb

na, i remain my self, my humble self,

no one can reduce me to that,

am cool, am just waiting for the usual, which is "don't worry next season we'll win the league, we re young" Oh God i hate that statement
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Lordi
Surely 'next season u will win the league'. But i guess it was like that last season and the other trophyless seasons

@Manc
Vida and Wes are said to be doubt but no official message from Man Utd officials
I hope we will have a full squad to change the game and most importantly win it at Camp Nou
I predict a scored draw
What you think?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Emperoh,

Only a win can make me smile tonight. We should hammer
them right there. We can do it. We should do it.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

We can beat Barca 3-0 @ Camp Nou but everything depends on Fergie's selection. . . .
If he plays Giggs and Scholes in this game then draw or a slim defeat is what we should expect.
However, if he goes into the game without sentiments. . . . .United is good enuff to beat Barcelona. . .

United have a better goalie. . . have a better defence. . . . have a better midfield and the attack is at PAR!!!!!
What Messi-Etoo-Bojan can do, the HOLY TRINITY can do much better. . . . .73 goals this season alone tells the story.
I cant call this one as everything hinges on Fergie's selection/formation.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2008
Nazikanu tongue tongue

Give us all a rest with your Wenger this, England that!? DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BE A NUISANCE!!

You talk about Wenger giving excuses well i guess Benitez is not blaming anyone here;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3799518.ece

SILLY PLONKER!! tongue tongue

Anyways, its good Liverpool get a taste of their own medicine, these Scousers have a belief that they have a God given right to special treatment tongue tongue

Funny that Riise scored in front of the Almighty Kop cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like Chacal, i would love it if Grant goes through, come to think of it, If the Mossad gezzer gets this trophy shocked, he will be the luckiest bastard since well undecided Joshua took the Jews into the promised land ahead of Moses grin grin (I am sure Somze and Nateevs will not know whether to celebrate or puke if they see Grant lifting the CL grin grin).

As for The Scum and Farcelona well its a cup game, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!! Usually, i don't buy these "Favourite" tag shyte, in a cup game, any team that gels on the day carries it, well taking into consideration some other stuff like luck and the refs and so on.

Ze Scum can hurt Farcelona, but Farcelona can also hurt The Scum as well, so it will be as much of an open game, as we will see at this level (at least it will be better than the Pool vs Chelscum borefest we had last night).

People point out Messi but i feel Deco/Xavi/Yaya will hold the key, Whom ever controls the midfield will win this game. Will SAF go for experience with Scholesy, or will he go for adventure with Ando Will he man mark Messi (i doubt it). How will the old man Thuram deal with Rooney, Tevez and Divino

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article3799188.ece

This has all the ingredients for a classic cool, United should be very wary of a certain Monsiour Henry though, he might end up being the joker in the pack (or he could end up just being a Joker grin grin).

MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!!

cool GOONER 89

P.S. This was hella funny cheesy, my best was the Lee dixon goal, whay is yours cool

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2008/04/where-does-riis.html
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Loyika,

Whats happening man?
You guys should keep coming to NL. . . . . .The fact that Arsenal aint competing in any of the big games dont mean shyte.
Anyways, what is your take for tonight's game?
I am wary of Eidur and Henry . . . . . Gudjohnsen is always a thorn in Fergie's flesh. . .I hope Fergie starts ANDO.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by holythug(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2008
UP MAN U;;'/.;''[]=-[;;p.;
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2008
Le Chac cool

I'am good, i have been away not because of Le Arse, its just work man angry but i am a bit free now.

Well as for the game, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MIDFIELD! If SAF goes sentimental and plays Giggs and Scholes, you might lose the game, if he plays Ando and The Canadian you can stifle Xavi and Deco, those 2 lads will be your problem, if they control the game, Barca will rip your defence to shreds.

Like i said, both teams have the capability to turn on the style, it will be an open game, i expect the first half to be cagey, with the second half being explosive cool

All in all, should be a cracker of a match cool. Most build it as Divino vs Messi, i doubt it will be, i see Tevez being the key man for you guys (If Fergie starts him undecided)

Lets see how it pans out. Just pray Rio has his best game ever for United today wink

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by slimghost(m): 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2008
which canadian?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by slimghost(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2008
i suggest SAF play's this 4mation tonight
V.D.Saar
Neville Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Hargreaves

Anderson Carrick
Ronnie Rooney

Tevez
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Loyika,

Xavi and Deco? They are lightweights. . . . .
The real McCoy is INIESTA( He is by far the best CM in the world). . . .He has got the pace of Messi and the eye of Hleb to thread passes.
Ferguson would have given Barcelona a gift if he starts Scholesy/Giggsy in this game.

United should play Carrick, Anderson and Hargreaves in the Midfield(Scholes played the whole 90 on saturday, he might not start today)!!
Nani, Ronaldo and Rooney upfront. . . . . Tevez can replace Nani later in the game to freshen things up.
The back four virtually picks itself. . . . . Brown could be replaced by Gazza though but can Neville be up n running to match Bojan n Henry?

Rio and Vidic will be well protected by Hargo and Anderson. . . .
Barcelona will find it hard to break through that FIREWALL . . and how they cope with United's counter amuses me already.
Leo Messi? Wazza and Evra can do a double whammy on the dimunitive whizkid on the left hand side.

@ Slimghost,

Hargreaves is the Canadian.

Your formation is great but Ferguson wont be starting the HOLY TRINITY against Barca.
It is always safer to leave one or two aces on the bench. . . . Fergie wont be risking his top guns for 90 mins when Chelsea is next on the menu.
Tevez will be on the bench with Park/Nani completing the TRINITY in the first half. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2008
Deco lightweight shocked

Le Chac there you go again sad Deco is very cunning and will get so many free kicks for Farcelona (could even get one of your players sent off with his diving antics tonight) Ignore the Portugezzer at your grin

As for Xavi You actually believe Ini (i am on speed) esta is better than the Pass Master I BOW FOR YOU OH!!

Wanna bet that either Messi or Divino will get a pen tonight wink

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by slimghost(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2008
nonsense. Deco my foot angry. our bigget threat tonight will be Iniesta, alongside Eto'o. full stop.but i can see Pa vidic caging the pacey camerounian and T-pain being able to match Iniesta skill 4 skill, strenght 4 srenth, tackle 4 tackle, infact everything 4 everything. On the other side i don't see Milito,Thuram, loudmouthed Zambro or any other Barca defender being able to cage C. trouble, Wazza or Tevez grin. prediction Barca=0 United=2.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Loyika,

Iniesta . . . . .He is the best midfielder in the world.
He's got incredible balance, pace, grit, composure, can thread passes and score too.
Deco is a sly bastard but i expect Anderson and Hargo to stifle Deco!!!!!

No penalty in this game unless someone acts STUPID.
I wanna see crisp passes, dribbles, flicks, high tempo game and goalzzzzzzz. . . . .
A score draw will do for Man Utd. . . . Barca will be pulverised at OT(for shizzle).

HOLY TRINITY: Where ya GUNS @?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2008
SLIMGHOST

At the rate you are going, your biggest threat tonight will be; YOU!! cheesy cheesy

Anyways, Deco or no Deco, we will see how the game pans out.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Loyiski,

What are your hopes for next season?
Heard Monseiur Wenger is thinking of adding ONE player. . . .He still believes he can win titles with the present squad.
Is he right in his mind?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2008
Heard he wants to add 3, Huunterlaar, a keeper and a Defender, either that or that Lyon midfielder Ben Arfa.

Personally i would have gone for Dean Ashton (but guess he is similar to Adebayor), and maybe Arteta, or get Barry from Villa and maybe David Villa from Valencia.

Anyways, right now he is far bothered with getting Flamini to sign the dotted line, whatever The Flamster will do, will force Arsene's "Superglue" hand.

Season is almost over, we will see what tricks Arsene has up his sleeves grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by slimghost(m): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2008
Yeah Wenger said that the present team is very strong and also better than the team that did the unbeatable.i just hope those inexperienced boiz wont disappoint him and break his french heart. sad
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Loyika,

Huntelaar? Ben Arfa? David Villa?
Dude, the money bags will get there ahead of u . . . . . .With Peter Kenyon around, he will lap up those deals before Arsene knows wasssup?
United is poised to pounce on Huntelaar too so United will be signing him if he shows any interest of coming to the PREM.

Anyways, which players are leaving?
I dont see the sense in retaining Diaby, Djourou, Senderos, Traore and even Lehmann.
And again. . . . . Will Gallas retain his captaincy?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2008
The only players that might leave are Crazy Jens and Berti, Wenger has high hopes for Traore, and to be fair to the lad, he isn't that bad, just that he was thrown into the deep end too fast.

D Villa has come out to say he wants to come to Arsenal, but the question is, does Arsene want him

If Arsene wants Huntelaar, he wioll probably get him, but i doubt he will go for a striker as first priority.

As for the captaincy, i doubt he will replace Gallas, if he does, then Gallas will leave. The French don't deal well with being embarrashed in that fashion grin

Who in United do you see fergie giving the boot, i bet Saha will still be a United player next season grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ Loyika,

I dont really see anyone leaving Man Utd. . . .
Ferguson wont sell SAHA unless he needs him as a part exchange for Benzema or Huntelaar. . . .
Lets hope Manucho gels quick. . . .

Everyone was hoping Wesley Brown would leave but the plonker signed the dotted lines . . . .
Silvestre would still be there and Neville has still got a season left in him. . . .
I cant really see any exit. . . . .most of em players are happy to be with United.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2008
JUst wondering,
Has Hargreaves recovered from injury?
He will be the key man tonight if he plays.
Also, I hope Vidic has recovered also,
Fergie shouldn't play Scholes or Giggs or else,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2008
Looking forward to the game like . . .crazeeeeeeeee. . grin
Praying for my darling United like rite now. . .

I just hope Fergie makes the rite decisions in selecting players. . . But watever he does, Anderson must start. . .
So we can have that aggression we need. . .
Heard Vidic might not feature. . .

Go, my Red Devils go,. . .
We must score goals at Nou Camp. .
PROUDLY UNITED
cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2008
Who wouldn't be happy to be at a club like Utd
Peops like RVN will be green with Envy

Arsenal needs at least 5 new signing if theyare to mount a serious challenge for titles next season.
2 defenders ie Cover for Clichy and Sagna ( you all saw what happened when Sagna injured)
A cover or help for Fab 4 (gilberto should go)
A GK and an out and out 9. Anything shot might still be a shot in the Ocean

I hope the Mancs come out smoking
That formation above is a wicked Arsenal and should be reserved for the Return leg and Chelski
We have a good enough squad to get a scored draw or win
like Jackie said it all boils down to formation if Fergie gets it right, then the day is ours for sure if not, i hope what we get can be upturned at OT
Footie is beautiful at this stage
Am off to cheer them RD's up
See yall morow morning

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2008
TEAM LIST

VAN DER SAR

HARGREAVES

RIO

BROWN

EVRA

SCHOLES

CARRICK

PARK

RONALDO

ROONEY

TEVEZ

Too bad. . . . . . VIDIC will not be taking part. . . what a disaster!!!!! cry cry cry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2008
May be he did not make the list because of his performance in the league match.

But I expected Pique to replace him in that defence
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2008
I've been praying all day that we win this match
If Barca wants to prove hard, there is a special prayer for them smiley
'May the anointing of Riise fall upon all their frontline defenders'  smiley cheesy

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2008
@nazzyon
Exactly my thoughts too, now he's shifting Brown to the Etozone layer and putting Hagreaves on right back
I'm thinking this match's not going to be the dream final before final we were hoping for
Now, the the central midfielders will have to be more defensive to cover Brown
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2008
Wes Brown in the heart of the defence gives me worries.
I just dont like players like Vidic missing the big one. . . . GREAT players are made for an occasion like this.
What was the Serb thinking? Bloody hell!!!!!!!

United's back four is unsettled for me . . . I'd rather the full backs are changed around than the centre-halves.
Rio-Vidic axis is the best in Europe. . . . . Samuel Etoo or Messi will make a mince meat of Wesley. . . .
The middle of the park is also a worry. . . . .Can Scholes cage Deco and Iniesta. . . . . Why not Anderson?

Anyways, game on. . . . .I thank God the HOLY TRINITY is featuring.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2008
For bleeps' Sake . . . . .

Rijkaard is not even keeping to plans. . .
Is he trying to go 4-4-2 against Man Utd?
The only recognised strikers are Etoo and Leo Messi. . . . .

He left Henry, Bojan, Giovanni Dos Santos and Eidur on the bench. . . .
Then its Xavi, Deco, Iniesta and Yaya Toure in the midfield.
What is wrong with these Catalans?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2008
@Jackal
Methinks Anderson will come in at the after the first half to put that busting pace into the game

Bout Brown, your worry is my pleasure grin

Iniesta on left against a fix-in RB, hmmn, infact I'll like to see what happens when the Barca wonderkid Giovanni and Henry come in
That's when the trouble starts, Hagreaves might get a red today grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Imani(f): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2008
On behalf of most gunners, good luck to Man United, at least for once grin. [s]although personally, i am supporting our former igwe[/s] lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.