Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,772 members, 7,893,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 10:43 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (507946 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 1:56pm On May 19, 2008
coolguys:

auction your Red Devils Jersey in nija
check out www.EeZeemarket.com for the latest auctions with unlimited number of pictures
it's free and easy smiley
by nijan, for nija and de rest of the world!!

Hey trader, Please take ur ads to NTA or AIT.
Don't pollute this place with ur auctioned jerseys.
Aiiight?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes
coded took the word from my mouth
i think Scholes might have a starting shirt because of SAF. ill prefer Hargo and Anderson too.

for me any player will live up to the billing and if anyone messes up, the super subs will be der to make amends. United all the way!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2008
@ tkb417,

Scholes shouldn't be starting at all. . . . . . . .
Anderson is a big game player as u saw against Gaynners at the Emirates and the Scousers at Anfield.
He is so powerful and u cannot ignore his contribution against The Arses at OT when Scholesy couldn't stamp his authority in the midfield.
When the Brazilian came in, he had Fab4 in his back pocket again. . . . .I believe Anderson can cage Lampard.
Fergie should forget all these sentiments about old guards and go for the jugular.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:50pm On May 19, 2008
and going for the jugular
i'll expect us to play 4-4-2
attack from the blast of the whistle till the end of the game.

what do you think about our potential signings for next season
ive got 3 people that will make United even the strongest in europe

Berba, Micha Richards and Valencia (wigan)
Berba will make our attack the deadliest you can find around.
Michar Richards is young, energetic and a brilliant guy. hes british and to have him in our ranks will augur well for us, England and also the chap. he can play as a full back as well as a center back. it will be a brilliant signing.

Valencia will be a great addition since he lad is just 22. i dont want Liverpool to snatch him from our jaws.

what do you think? or who do u have in mind?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 2:54pm On May 19, 2008
We need a Right Back.
Micah Richards will be a wondeful addition.
Valencia is a waste pipe. . . . .anutha Hleb in the making. I don't think we need another Nani in our squad.
United need a good striker though and i am not crazy about Berbatov/Benzema.

Fergie must sign HUNTELAAR. He is the missing jig-saw to make United the most complete squad in the world.
Close ur eyes and imagine Rooney, Huntelaar, Tevez and Manucho. cheesy grin cheesy
Wenger will just sack himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes
LMAO!!! very true, Hunter will be a great addition and he will be cheaper than Benzema/Berbatov.

a right back that can double as a center will surely solidy our defence line. i kinda like the Valencia guy. we probably might need someone in the mould of Hleb to add a bit of flair to our game. lets see how it goes.

I agree Hunter, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo will kill off anyteam in the world!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 3:28pm On May 19, 2008
By the time Man u gets all the players we are craving for we would pobably have 2 teams that can chase titiles in all fronts.
One team chases tha FA cup and Champ League, while the other one goes for the EPL and Carling grin grin grin grin

Anyways we all know that the RB position is a priority and Fergie Knows that.
Come to think of it we dont really need to spend big this summer if manucho is recalled, all we need is a RB and Out and out striker in the mode of The HUNTER.

Well guys these all kinda speculations until the deal is done and these guys put pen to paper and wear the United jersey, People like RA are looking around to splash money on players other clubs are eyeing grin grin grin grin .

Moscow will be hot, and i still believe Fergie will start the team that played Westham, if there is going to be any alteration Hargreaves might start ahead of Carrick.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2008
@ tkb417,

We have got Nani, Ronaldo and Anderson to run the wings for us. Valencia doesn't look superb.
He is a one-trick pony.
Fergie must get Huntelaar. . . . .Offer Saha and little cash for Micah Richards and we will retain the title AGAIN.

@ Coded guy,

With United pocketing 50 mil for winning the Prem and maybe 27 milla for keeping the UCL, we are bouyant and must match our rivals to compete next season. Fergie got lucky. Has any manager ever won the Premiership without an out n out striker before? I don't think so.
How Rooney and Tevez managed it must be the 8th wonder of the world. I wouldn't want to rely on that luck again next season.
Roman Abrahamovic is getting impatient and will be spending BIG this summer to take Chelski back to winning ways.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 3:51pm On May 19, 2008
Like the ARSES will always says 'spending big does not guarantee trophies"
We have also pointed out here that a Huntelaar, Rooney,Tevez, Manucho combo will be hot for any defence.
Fergie got away with only Rooney as the fit striker because of the very Rich midfield that we posses, Gush, that midfield would make Derby County strikers score 20goals a piece through the campaign. We also had a bit of luck, well who doesn't cool

Let RA spend big, at the end of the day he needs a very astute coach to manage whatever big names he would buy, at the end of the day the players still have to show their worth on the field of play. if you have too many BIG names in your team sometimes it may lead to ego tripping.
loved the push chelsea gave us this season and i think we need a team like that to keep both Fergie and the boys aware of the danger.

As for Le Arse we would wait and see grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 4:11pm On May 19, 2008
ive been scared all tru the season cos we have only two strikers. Rooney and Tevez aint the Drogba kinda of strikers, yet we were able to come out unsctached.
we need an out and out striker for next season. anybody will do. be it Fabiano, Hunter, Berba or even Ashton(LOL)

we still ave a game in hand, my fingers are crossed as usual.

hey guys, wht time will the game come on?
Russia is not a time friendly country. i hope the game wont be when im at work
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2008
@ Coded guy,

Spending big has worked for Man Utd. I cannot imagine that United team without the FANTASTIC FOUR players we bought last summer.
Remember how those Gaynners were bleating like billy-goats on heat when we signed Tevez? Even Loyika said buying Tevez was an overkill.
Who woulda thunk Ronaldo will be suspended for 3 games, Saha will be out till eternity and Rooney will break his metatarsal in the opening game?
Fergie knew what he was doing splashing 60 mil. . . . . I expect him to splash anutha 50 mil this summer.
United's beautiful football in the last 16 years brought em to this level. . . . We can spend our money as we so wish.

@ tkb417,

Den Ashton is anutha SAHA. He is too injury prone. . . . It's like egging Ferguson to buy Robin Van Rapist.
Are u aware Van Persie has never scored 12 league goals in a season in his entire career? His constant injuries wouldn't let him score.
HUNTELAAR is ma choice. He is experienced. . . . he has led Ajax as a captain and he is a poacher(a complete goal-poacher).

The match will kick-off at 7.45pm UK time.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 4:44pm On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes

I get your point but i also think we had to spend big last summer, no doubt the fantastic Four have definitely make the difference for us this season. The point am trying to make is that those Big summer signings are quite young in age and we shud use them till they start dwindling in form or become injury prone.

We have been talking bout signings and we have only been talking bout a RB and out and striker, which other department do you think we need to Buy?

Strikers Rooney, Tevez, Huntelaar(if we get him) manucho
Midfield Fletcher,Nani,Anderson,Carrick,Ronaldo,Hargreaves, Park, Scholes and probably Giggsy
Defender Rio, Vidic,Brown, Evra, O'shea The new RB whoever, Pique(if he does not go2 Barca) and Silvestre

This line up will make Wengay Faint anyday grin grin grin grin

The defence is probably where we need some backup most, both RB and LB i presume.
Is sylvestre going to bordeaux?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2008
Mikael Silvestre may leave this summer if he wins the UCL.
There will be nothing else to motivate him to stay with United as he would have won everything as far as club competitions are concerned.
However, have u forgotten the Brazilian teams are joining this summer. Fergie stopped em playing in Brazil so they don't cop any injury.
Trust me, Fabio and Rafael will excel here. I saw them in the last under-17 and Fabio shone like a billion stars.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 5:26pm On May 19, 2008
Damn I forgot!!!!!!!!! Those Twins would be a welcome addition to UNITED.

First we need to DO chelsea in the CL.

Was it Dynamo Kiev we thumped 4-0 in the CL earlier this year? when we were on a four goals spree earlier in the season.
We have been to that side of the globe this season and triumphed so, i expect de ja vu grin grin grin

Gast to go!

UNITED 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 5:36pm On May 19, 2008
@ Coded guy,

United should TRIUMPH.
We can DO Chelski.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:46pm On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes
never knew hunter has captained the oranje boys before.
thats good to know. his addition to the team will be inmense of course.

Klass of course is class. lets get him and let us have another RVN in our folds.
with Manucho, Klass, Rooney and Tevez, damn!!! somebody gotta die!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 6:03pm On May 19, 2008
@ tkb417,

Huntelaar all the way.
Lets hope Ferguson turns in his direction.
Hunter bagged 33 goals in 34 appearances this season. . . .It seems other managers must be blind or there's something unattractive about him.
Besides, he is just 24. . . . . He will be the perfect mix to Tevez(24) Ronaldo(23) Rooney(23) and Manucho(24).
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2008
Fergie will buy Berbatov - given the success with Tevez who had premiership experience last time around, that is who he will go for.

Huntelaar may be attractive in the long run, but Fergie will buy local for a striker.

I suspect that there is something unattractive about Huntelaar though, cos even Real on their raid of Holland last season took Schneider, Drenthe and co, but didn't even sniff at him, I wonder why. But all in all, Berba will be Fergie's choice. Then someone to own that defensive slot Wes is filling in for right now.

Y'all should calm down about Manucho - he is essentially unproven yet, he might as well be Tresor Mputu right now grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2008
erm, ive been asking maself that question. why is everybody avoiding the guy
The guy has been on a scoring spree for 2-3 seasons now and yet hes not been rushed after like the others.

Even Luis Fabiano is commanding more in the transfer market. If i Benzema was available, he would be my first choice. if not, Berba and Hunter in that order.

Manucho? i think the guy has all it takes to be a success. i dont expect him to break into the first team next season. He will have to learn the ropes for a season at least. some appearances in the carlings and also when we need to rest some big boiz will be enuff for the lad in his first season.
lets see how it goes. maybe the tourney in Africa will show us what hes got up his sleeves
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2008
@ Debosky,

Go away!!!!
Who needs Dimitar "Le Sulk" Berbatov to handle with the team spirit in Man Utd? I don't like Berbatov at all.
He is anutha Nicholas Anelka who only plays well when he starts games.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy didn't need any Premiership experience to set this league ablaze.
SPURS won't let Berba go on a cheap and i see no economic sense paying 25+ million for Berbatov. . . Its sterling FUCKERY!!!!

Manucho is unproven? What other applesauce would u spill again today? A player that copped 4 good goals(without penalties) shocked shocked
The same Goncalves that took Africa apart with his subliminal skills in Accra scoring mouth-watering goals.
Angola didn't make it to the final but Manucho made Africa's best XI unseating African legends like Etoo, Drogba, Yakubu and Kanu.
Manucho is the real deal. . . . . watch him take the African player of the year next season. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2008
grin grin grin
Xerxes
yes o!!! the guy has to prove hes up for the big test.
Playing for United isnt bean cake you know.

I cant forget Quinton Fortune and Eric in a jiffy
Eric especially was an awarding winning 'pipe'
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2008
What economic sense was there in buying Hargo at that price given his persistent injuries and all? He is like the improved version of Global Deception Saha. . .only that he is English grin grin

Berba is a better choice IMO, established skills and an outstanding player. Huntelaar is getting old in Holland with no suitors. . .even with the dearth of top class strikers in Europe right now, instead all the teams are grooming young sharp shooters. I think he has some major flaws.

Berba is affordable, Huntelaar would cost similar because he just signed another 5 year deal.

How is Manucho proven? Cos he got some 'African XI' award? All the strikers underperformed at that tournament, Kanu was injured, and the top African striker Ade was not even in attendance. Mputu was the highest goal scorer in the CL for TP Mazembe, so he is now a sublime striker? grin grin

Lets see what Manucho can achieve in Greece first. I still believe that Berba will be fergie's choice. Even CR was moody whenever he didn't score as he wanted, so no biggie - Fergie can handle moody players.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2008
@ tkb417,

Quinton Fortune was great while he was here. I liked his work-rate.
Eric Djemba-Djemba was a waste pipe. . . . .no technical ability, no technical nous, no visible skills.
The only good game he had was when United went to Highbury in 03/04 season and got a draw.
He overpowered Vieira in that game but everything came to nothing. . . .

@ Debosky,

Berba is a pseudo-prima donna. I don't like the way he broods on the pitch plus his lackadaisical approach.
Wazza and Tevez hustle the ball with pace and tenacity!!!!! Berbatov will be too slow to react to United's traditional counter-attacking football.
Huntelaar is proven. . . . He is by far the best out n out striker in the whole Europe.
Under normal circumstances, he should have won the European golden shoe but Eredivisie is multiplied by the 1.5 factor compared to EPL's 2!
Huntelaar cannot be more than 15 mil with Saha and O'Shea as part exchange grin

Manucho is the top dog. . . . .U can hate all u like.
I saw few of his training sessions on MUTV and he was outjumping Neumanja Vidic everytime his aerial ability was questioned.
Fergie saw him for 15 minutes and asked CQ to pen a deal ASAP. Manucho will be a hit. . . .10 times better than Drog and 24 times better than Ade.
Premiership. . . . .BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 7:04pm On May 19, 2008
Please anybody but Hunteelar. . . . . . Just gimme Dean Ashton and i'd be okay; don't a top-dog striker that will come and upset the unity in our ranks with incessant bickerings all cuz he can't stand being benched!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2008
@ Ruudie,

Don't make me bash ur rib-cage with a sledge hammer. grin cheesy

Dean Ashton? How is he different from Louis Saha.
Play 3 games and gets crocked for 18 weeks?
Please. . . .please, take ur Dean Ashton to Arsenal.

HUNTELAAR. . . . Where ur guns @?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:26pm On May 19, 2008
@Ruudie
b4 a player gets signed, all those will be sorted. the incoming player knows the quality in United and wont be pertubed to spend time on the bench.

who is above the United bench? nobody
you can name those who have spent time on the bench this season
Scholes, Hargo, Tevez(when playing 4-5-1), carrick, Anderson, Fletcher, Saha (perpetualy), Park, Nani. Even Ronaldo was on the bench against Chelsea at the bridge

If Klass comes, staying on the bench wont be out of order.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2008
@ tkb417,

Touche.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 7:50pm On May 19, 2008
@ Xerxes/tbk,

thats what y'all think. . . . . by the time he doesn't get called up for one international, the bickering starts!

as far as i'm concerned, UTD do not need another hi-profile signing, we're not building another GALACTICOS are we

Get a bunch of guys who will get the job done and still not mind sitting out a handful of games. . . . . . don't think our man HUNTER's g'onna fancy transiting from being skipper to bench warmer!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:56pm On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes
This your name change thing dey make us dizzy ooh how many times do you want to change your name.Jackal,Chacal,The Jackal now its Xerxes.Btw i dont know who i should back for this season's UCL
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 7:59pm On May 19, 2008
my fellow Mancs, our boys are in Moscow in the Capital of mUUUURDA rUUUUUsia!!! preparing to take on the chavs on Wednesday, may our prayers be with them, may all the beer, wine and ogogoro i drink on the day not be in vain and in tears because this is what we've desired, prayed and waited for nine long years. this is our year and no Russian army of Abramovich's money will take the trophy from us because our boys will rather die (God forbid!!!) in Moscow on that pitch than rather go back to Manchester and tell the World a different story. This is our Year. Say it with me
"THIS IS OUR YEAR"!!!!

In other news today, Porthsmouth will face Manchester United in Nigeria in an upcoming friendly this summer.Here's the link.UR thoughts?
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=93589
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 8:03pm On May 19, 2008
A-40:

@Xerxes
This your name change thing dey make us dizzy ooh how many times do you want to change your name.Jackal,Chacal,The Jackal now its Xerxes.Btw i don't know who i should back for this season's UCL

HAHAHA!!! Xerxes, na you be Jackal? my brother from another mother, how you dey?why the name change? dem ban you or wetin happen?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2008
vinisky:

HAHAHA!!! Xerxes, na you be Jackal? my brother from another mother, how you dey?why the name change? them ban you or wetin happen?

I didn't get banned. . . . . I sold the Jackal handle on Ebay.
Exit Jackal, enter XERXES. wink wink wink wink

Whatz up? United players have checked into their Hotel. . . . .The whole area is buzzing.
However, the pitch is not nice at all. . . . . .Playability is average and its below standard compared to the pitches here in England.
Chelsea would use this as an excuse to lump long balls to Drogba. . . .Pity----United don't have a big, strong striker upfront to aim balls at.

@ A-40,

Get used to it.
Xerxes will be the handle battling y'all Gaynners for next season. tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.