Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,761 members, 7,892,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 10:23 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (507938 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes
I see you are still stuck of the 300 tip.Jackal,Xerxes just tell me how long this id is gonna last we should put that on William-Hill or any other bookie what are the odds that screenname would last 2 weeks? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 9:10pm On May 19, 2008
@ A-40,

I think 2 weeks. Go to bet365 or Ladbrokes.
Skybet is also good. . . they pay ridiculous money. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 6:39am On May 20, 2008
Congrats in advance
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2008
@Xerxes
Ha na wa ooh this kind name change. Whatever happened to Chacal did u also auction on Ebay??
Seen ur post and was wondering this could be Chacal in action
But why a totally unfamilliar name.
The topic more of now should be on the Make of Break fixture tomorrow
I need that trophy more than Fergie does
I need me bragging rights to increase in quantum happiness leaps

What u all think. I am under tension but I know a Decade of Rosary is not a lot for my darling Utd.
Will dedicate them in all me morning devtions and hope they come out
C H A M P I O N S!!!
Then I can celebrate the Premier League with it.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2008
@ Xerxes,

You're one hell of a character. grin

What is Xerxes? I'll go google it right away. grin

How are you preparing for tomorrow?

I've laid out a total of $1,000 for various bets. shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2008
Xerxes, Jackal watever handle is appropriate, so far the Champions' thread is alive!!!. .
But nice one mate, I like the Xerxes better. . .The guy dealt with 'em Spartans like hell. . . grin cheesy

2mrw's the biggest day of the season. .
Just saw my boys land in Moscow an' checking into their hotels. . .
Wld be a pretty huge game 2mrw. . .Nothing to lose, everything to die for. . .and I know my lads are ever ready. They were born for this kinda games. . .
No injuries, No bookings, plenty of confidence and all the canisters are ready to be blown open!!!. .

I've prepared a special celebration party for my friends. . .

We'll be European Champions, again. . .

PROUDLY UNITED. . . cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by texazzpete(m): 6:10pm On May 20, 2008
Hilarious quote from Petr Cech

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=537003&cc=5739

Cech insists winning silverware is all the matters in the long-term.

'In the end, they will all remember only the years with the trophies,' he said.

'I don't think people will say `I remember the Arsenal squad between 2004 and 2008'.

'They never won anything. So maybe in 10 years' time, no-one will remember.'
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:23pm On May 20, 2008
I will be the first to rub it in Cech's face when they lose tomorrow and point of correction we won the league in 04 and the F.A cup in 05
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Antidote1(f): 9:54pm On May 20, 2008
@Akinalabi,
Jackal has asked me to inform you that he is presently in Moscow to witness tomorrow's big game( well it's past midnight there, so literally today's big game)

He is jubilant and cannot wait to sing the Glory  United Anthem cheesy. He's a bit sad that he didn't bet on the game cry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 7:41am On May 21, 2008
Yeeeeeessssss oh. . . . . . 2nite's d nite it all comes 2 a head!
How do u think SAF should pull out d stops? Rooney said on BBC news that he likes playing with tevez, ronaldo & park in attack, feels they're massive together. . . . . . But u smhow get the feeling that Sir Alex may w'anna go with giggsy over park, i'd rather stick with park. . . . . . He's massive plus when it comes 2 hustling the opposition & how i'd luv 2 see him & evry gag the life o'utta essien, who i presume will be @ right-back.
Whatever SAF w'anna do, pls it better be 4-4-2. . . . . . . Smtimes we show 2 much respect 2 teams we should be trouncing silly!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2008
Ruudie
I believe U but this is gonna be a match were both sides will size themselves up in the first 10 - 15mins
Park is defensive minded and quite a good outlet on the wings
The goals might come fron the usuals paople
But i see a very cagey start. U don't go gung ho and concede goals in a very while
It will be quite difficult getting back. '99 miracle no be for Chelsea. Hopefully we will carry the day
Squad list and Predictions to follow.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 8:56am On May 21, 2008
The last time Lubos michel officiated a chelsea game in the champs league ended in a defeat for chelsea, am i sensing a de javu. Also Ballack , will he lose the chmaps league again, honestly i think so and he is likely to be sent off.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 9:01am On May 21, 2008
@ Antidote,

Tell him to have fun. I would have loved to be there but
I broke small. cry I will be watching it here (my dear Ibadan)

I've serviced my generator to avoid any hiccup. I hope to
be in Manchester during the road parade/celebrations where
we will hold aloft the two trophies.

@ RuuDie,

I agree.

We need to go 4-4-2. Trying to be cagey is not our thing. We
should go full blast.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2008
you can feel the HEAT, TENSION AND ANXIETY everywhere. . . . . .
Damn it, You can even Touch it.

Today is the day we expect english soccer to express itself to the fullest.
Chelsea Vs Manchester United it can't be any better.

@ Emperoh
How u doing?
I agree the first 10-15mins will be cautious, but i want Fergie to go gung-ho if there is no goal after 15mins.
We should not be scared of playing our sweet flowing football as thats what brings out the best in the team, if we try to respect or be too cautiuos we migth give chelsea the drive and confidence they need to make them believe.
i just hope our midfielders would be able to express themselves.

Chelsea are no push overs and they definitely also have a plan, this should be quickly read and assessed by Fergie within those first few minutes for adequate reaction. Guess AG would be doing same.

An early goal by either side will even make the tie more explosive.

Without sentiments, i'll give it to UNITED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2008
coded guy:

Without sentiments, i'll give it to UNITED grin

Without sentiments indeed, You this RED DEVIL tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2008
@ Antidote,

Thanx for relaying me message.
U are a darling. kiss kiss kiss kiss

Hello People,

United's sucess depends on Ferguson's starting XI, United's strength lies in their defence and attack.
Chelsea's midfield is a tad stronger than Ferguson's UNLESS players like Hargreaves, Anderson and Carrick starts. The idea of Scholesy starting a game of this magnitude based on sentiments is arrant nonsense.

On balance, United should pip Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2008
HNIC:

Without sentiments indeed, You this RED DEVIL tongue

ok, With sentiments, i give it to UNITED grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2008
@ Coded guy,

What the Bleep?? ?? ??

There are new reports Vidic might not be FIT for tonight's game.
Vida sat out in yesterday's training session and there are rumours he may not take part tonight against Chelsea.
What is going on here? Precaution to keep the Serb from injuries/hamstring or what? undecided undecided undecided

PROBABLE TEAM.

Van Der Sar

Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Carrick

Hargreaves Scholes

Ronaldo Tevez

Rooney.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 12:44pm On May 21, 2008
Are we sure Drogba is not using Cote D'voire voodoo on Vidic grin grin grin

Men, that would be really sad, cos we need everyone Fit to be comfortable on the field for this BIG one.
Anyways we shall wait and see, maybe Fergie is up to one of his antics.

Your selection is very ok, but i think the Holy trinity might not start this one, Fergie might start park ahead of Tevez, this will make his options for substitution more open, and i hope for all the trust/confidence/sentiments SAF has put on scholes, he better be at his best tonight, cos there aint no time for sloppiness, not against chelsea in a final like this.

Dont know why Fergie has not been using Anderson in recent games, do u think the young brazilian will see action in moscow or SAF has plans for him next season. I really think that lad may be the key to keeping the midfield balanced(balanced, as in favour of Man U)

Can't really wait for this one to kick off. . . . . . .

Meanwhile, heard you are in Russia, You just had to see this one LIVE, hope its not too cold, and if it is, trust you would keep yourself warm with a Russian Lass. cool cool. just be carefull she doesn't outdo you in the D . . . . . . . . cheesy during the Vodka Binge. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 1:03pm On May 21, 2008
Latest from sky sports news as am typing is that Vida will start the game.
Noffin do us.

The Trophy is going to OT.

One United
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 1:13pm On May 21, 2008
Just wondering why Scholes wanted to break Tevez's legs yesterday grin grin grin
and the look that Tevez gave him, like, 'Dude, don't allow me to retaliate' grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 1:17pm On May 21, 2008
HNIC:

Just wondering why Scholes wanted to break Tevez's legs yesterday grin grin grin
and the look that Tevez gave him, like, 'Dude, don't allow me to retaliate' grin grin grin
I can see you arse thread is as dead as a buried man. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Don't know u post on other clubs thread either.
For your info two biggest english clubs are playing today.
You have to wait till UEFA start next season ok. grin grin grin grin grin
Its not ur fault anyway.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2008
@ Presido1
Even die hard manure fans have been joking about this incident all day.
Guess you never see the humour in anything.
and of course, if you don't mention arse or arsenal, you day ain't complete.
Don't be so uptight dude.See a bit of humour in some stuff
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2008
@HNIC

WASUP?

Dont you know we love to taunt Ass anal grin, and YES, our day aint complete unless we mention ASS-ANAL and eventually make u guys see that your team/gaffer has a serious problem. tongue tongue

It's evident now, we are gonna watch two great English teams slog it out in Moscow. its a pity you are going to have to SIT AND ADMIRE from afar. grin grin

@ Presido
Thanks for that the VIDA sweet news.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2008
@ HNIC,

I was miffed when Scholesy made that tackle on Apache. . . . Tevez was lucky to get away without scratches.
Did u see Nani's tackle on Tevez too? It gives u an idea how competitive training sessions get at this level.
The pick of the day was Makelele's 2-legged tackle on Cashley Cole. . . . .If that had happened in a normal match, it woulda been a straight RED.
Makelele was very stupid to have lunged like that. . . . It was unprofessional.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2008
Whats with Ronaldo self Gossips say he wants to go to Real but Gill and Fergie won't let him go
But i trust fergie to handle him
Nani will fill up his gap. Just wait till the gaffer is thru with him
I hope he doesn't destabilise the team
Chacal ur formation is Ok but i need Park to start ahead of Tevez at least someone to give us a hope on the Bench
Saha should be called up. Forget his rustiness and his injuries, he rises to occassion in big games and always gets aroung the Chavs
Everywhere on Lagos Streets are Blue in Colour. Never knew chelsae where this much aroundthought it was only the Arses.
Something must surely happen for us.
am hoping and praying.

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 2:10pm On May 21, 2008
From a neutral point of view, which fights,oops, confrontation are we gonna see today?
Giving the fact that Mikel has been involved in past matches.I wonder what the odds are, in Mikel being sent off
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 2:14pm On May 21, 2008
HNIC:

@ Presido1
Even die hard manure fans have been joking about this incident all day.
Guess you never see the humour in anything.
and of course, if you don't mention arse or arsenal, you day ain't complete.
Don't be so uptight dude.See a bit of humour in some stuff
Its pity u kouldn't get the joke in there. Ma other name na humour grin grin grin
Its all well u kan post put be aware you are in Champs territory so u have to be cautious lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
But that tackle was reckless. Scholesy need to be kiaful in the pitch today.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2008
Emperoh:

Chacal your formation is Ok but i need Park to start ahead of Tevez at least someone to give us a hope on the Bench
Saha should be called up. Forget his rustiness and his injuries, he rises to occassion in big games and always gets aroung the Chavs
Everywhere on Lagos Streets are Blue in Colour. Never knew chelsae where this much aroundthought it was only the Arses.

I agree. . . . . . .JS Park gives Man Utd good luck.
In the 22 games he started with Man Utd since joining. . . . .United have won 21 games DRAWING only 1.
The single draw was against Barcelona which United could have won if Ronaldo had used his head. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2008
Emperoh:

i tire ooooooooooo,

enuf Agberos wearin blue. . . .  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:39pm On May 21, 2008
No see ooo
I come dey wonder why i know where my full Red regalia
God dey sha when we triumph, I have already in the office coolant a bottle of sparkling red wine to pop with my fellow Reds
And share with anyone who supported our cause
I an ssoooo scared and terrified of the match and if we don't win i might fall sick
Or even miss work
God dey sha, it has been in prayers to see us win.
I pray he answers my prayers

Nothing Do s

ONE UTD!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2008
The way i will sneak out of this office,
I will make sean Connery as 007 look like an amateur
Hope no one looks for me. That will be a query. For sure i will switch off my phones.
Just watching Seedorfs remarks on the game on Soccernet can't help feeling he's sympathetic with Man U

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.