Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,714 members, 7,892,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (507890 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2008
@ Emperoh,

Dayokanu is in ICU. . . . . .He had heart-attack when Terry hit the post!!!!!
I am urging all the RED DEVILS on this forum to send their bouqet to the irritant.
The gay won't be opening his mouth to gobble nonsense about United and Ferguson/Ronaldo again.

@ tkb417,

Can anyone list the number of individual awards Ronaldo has won this season?
I am tired of counting as ma brain hurts. grin grin grin grin

PFA players' player of the year.
PFA fans' player of the year.
Football Writers Association award.
Barclays Player of the year.
Barclays golden boot.
Barclays merit award(31 league goals scored).
Matt Busby player of the season.
Manchester United Players' player of the year.
Manchester United Goal of the season.
UCL golden boot.
European golden shoe.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2008
rumours abound that one time chav hero has locked himself into the toilet of the chavsea aeroplane, and refuses to come out, despite impassioned pleas from staff and fellow chav team-mates!

team-mate didier dumbo was overheard mumbling "let him stay there. i think he missed the fuuuckin bowl too!"

(off the woodwork i guess?)

chav manager avram grunt was unavailable for comment.

russian chav owner roman abrumobiitch is said tobe furious, as he was unable to take a dump throughout the 5 hour flight.
"i'll be taking a big one when i get home that's for sure" he said.

we will bring you more updates as they come in ,

Courtesy the sun

@ chacal

Please let us have some fun at their expense.
i dont think even you could have coped with the torrent of dissess if we had lost. Just wished it was LE ARSES.

A tomfoolery thread for us, they wish!!!!!!!! am sure madam moderator would prob be the initiator, so that there would be no dumb ass excuse that it was getting personal and so had to lock the Thread (that is the dumbest reason for locking up that wonderful thread)

If Wenger can turn Hleb and Flamini into what they are today, then Fergie can turn these three guys you mentioned in living legends. Look at what is happening to Nani, Ronaldo and Anderson, they are developing faster than what they they themselves wuold have expected and WINNING TROPHIES ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!! cool cool cool

Gosh, it sooooooooo gooooooood Being a MANC
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:03pm On May 22, 2008
one more thing
Terry was on air saying he would like to win the UCL to show capello that hes the right man for the captains armband.

as for me , he should forget about it. He lost already!!!!
and i think he lost the captains armband when he decided not to play for England against Croatia and turned up for Chelsea few days later.

all hail Rio the king!!!
hes gonna be the captain for both club and country

@Akola
Drogba would have played the penalty instead of Terry. he caused the whole wahala.
like SAF said, all na script written from the high heavens
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 5:04pm On May 22, 2008
INSTEAD OF GOING FOR GOOD FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT, HE WENT FOR MONEY!!
Was it becasue of Poverty or just the lucre lure of affluence
He would have been a better player well developed and commanding a starting place at United
And probably learning to be another Roy Keane or Even Paul Scholes
But he decided to go for Abramovic's pounds without even learning the rudiments of professionalism.
Where is he now? He would have joined the league of Nigerian with European Medals.
Jon Obi Mikel got carried away by money. He wasn't even on the bench,

I hope we get a good 9 next season. I believe Berba would be a good target no matter how expensive
Though the price got to be reasonable.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:35pm On May 22, 2008
@Emperoh
the Mikel issue isnt ripe for discussion yet
when hes loaned to Aston Villa to get some first team action under his belt, then we can talk about him.

I will personally open a thread on that for that plonker!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 5:50pm On May 22, 2008
Mikel Obi has a rotten luck to have been born in the wrong century.
Opportunity to get a 1st team shirt(Scholes was injured,No Carrick, No Hargreaves, No Keane, No Anderson).
United's central midfielders then were John O'Shea and Ryan Giggs(winger).
It would have been a dream come true for him but then. . . . . . .Africans especialy Nigerians have a way of blowing their chances.
He has now missed out on 2 EPL titles and 1 UCL trophy. . . . .His dad must be loving it. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 6:03pm On May 22, 2008
Take Note of these facts if you care:
1. God is a united fan (or how can one explain the narrow escape)
2. DD's sending off was a blessing to us, (Vidic got his pound of flesh)
3. Other coaches shpuld learn from SAF. They must buy wisely. Money can not buy you everything.

Stay around for other facts
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:13pm On May 22, 2008
Congratulations Reds!!! Havn't had a chance to get my butt up in here,too busy celebrating last night and contributing my quota to the economy today grin grin Sure feels good to be a United fan.Fergie is just wonderful!

I felt bad for Terry tho.He did injure that ankle earlier,and twaz just rotten luck that the ankle conspired with the wet pitch at the worst possible moment.Words will not be enough to console the man.The guy practically carries Chelsea on his head,and when the time came for his moment of glory,he blew it.Just terribly sad.I knew Ronny was going to miss.He was so tense and nervous while Cech was relaxed.Still dunno why he was weeping at the end of the whole thing.
Anelka didn't even seem to care that he missed.Love the guy grin Drogba had it coming.Very dramatic end to his career @ Chelsea tho.He now joins the 'legendary' Jens Lehmann in the list of UCL red card awardees grin

So Scholes and Giggs got what they wanted in the end.Guess the broken nose was well worth it.Really happy for 'em.If not for those missed chances we shoulda won the game way before the 90th minute,but then i guess it doesn't matter now cos the cup's resting @ OT.Poor Mikel.Serves him right.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2008
@ Cristalz,

U came too late!!!! What were u doing for so long?
Applying cosmetics and ironing ur clothes i guess. . . . . .Everyone's been waiting for your 3rd eye analysis on last night's game.
I hope u didn't drink yourself to stupor last night cos Avram Grant(the Zionist) promised to drink Vodka if Chelsea had won.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 6:30pm On May 22, 2008
Nothing compares to being a united fan.

Those MISCREANTS the blues would not have given us any respite for the next one year, but thanks to terry and Anelka who decided to spare us their blushes.

Anelka must have decided to lose his kick cos chelsea had ruined his career. Imagine Anelka scoring a disgraceful 3 goals in 5 months(even my pregnant Granny would do better). He must have been cursing his luck for toeing the footstep of Shevchenko, Pizarro, Kezman, Tiago, Sidwell, Malouda, etc.

As for Mikel, he got what he rightly deserves. he went to SB for the money not trophies, so he may not even be disturbed even if he doesnt make the bench. But thank God he didnt come to OT cos we may never have known who Anderson is.

To Abramovich: Money cannot buy you success.
To JM and AG: Always spend wisely
To Terry: I understand your plight. Wait for your turn.
To Drogba: What a bad way to end your illustrious Chelsea career. (will he ever 4giv Vidic?)

To MAN U FANS: WE ARE THE BEST

LETS ENJOY IT.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:36pm On May 22, 2008
@Cha-Jack-Xer
Gosh,what are you going to be next,Medusa?

No hard drinking,no cosmetics,my suits are still brand new so no need for ironing yet grin grin Waz advising Soludo on the best way to move the nation's financial sector forward grin

The first 20 mins were quite boring,both teams just too quiet.Chelsea dint even wake up till about the 40th minute.Did you notice the team relaxed after Chelsea equalized?I got scared then because twaz almost like our midfield had gone kaput.I was screaming for Ando to come on.My voice has become hoarse,terribly so.And where waz Park?Waz a little surprised to see he wasn't even on the bench.Guess somebody had to be sacrificed for Giggs.We missed those 3 wonderful chances in the first half.Game coulda been well wrapped up then.Rooney became quiet,but Ronny did good,save for his miss.I had one hell of a great time watching him run dizzy circles around Essien.Thot Ashley was going to be the one on Ronaldo tho.
  I knew AG was going to be too cowardly to try the Drogba-Anelka combo.Might've been good.And its a real pity Mikel dint get to do his thing in the midfield for the Chavs.Guess twaz just destiny that we won,because when Ronny missed and Terry came up,i thot all was lost.Then Terry missed and i lost my voice.That game was one of the tightest,baddest finals i'v ever seen between two English teams!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 6:48pm On May 22, 2008
@ Cristalz,

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. . . . . . . .Soludo is clueless.

I was sipping Cristal(hope u don't mind) and cheering me team to win.
United's midfield collapsed cos Scholesy copped a yellow card and knowing he cannot tackle efficiently, he just let things slide.
Fergie should have changed him at half time. United lost the initiative after then and Chelsea began to grow in confidence.

I was so pissed to see Giggsy on and he missed the best chance on the night.
Evra's raid on the left(like he did against Arsenal @ the Emirates to set up Ronaldo's goal) could have wrapped the game up with a ribbon.
His cut-back was brilliant, he found Giggsy and the Welsh plonker just toed the ball when he should have side-stepped into the net.
United squandered so many good chances it wasn't true. . . . . .I am glad we won afterall.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:02pm On May 22, 2008
@X
You shouldn't have been pissed to see Giggsy on.I waz expecting it.There waz just no way Fergie woulda kept him or Scholes outta the game.Paid the price for it too(the missed chance from Evra).That's why i said earlier that its just destiny that we won cos st some point it didn't look as tho we were gonna win.Park was the surprise for me tho.But Vida was just brilliant.Held Drogba off really well.No wonder the man got so frustrated that he just had to slap Vida grin Rooney was so quiet,he didn't even fight.Impressive,lol.

But why was Ronny crying?Terry i understand,but Ronny? Anyway i guess he waz just overwhelmed by his success this season.What a softie.How sweet grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 22, 2008
Xerxes.:

Mikel Obi has a rotten luck to have been born in the wrong century.
Opportunity to get a 1st team shirt(Scholes was injured,No Carrick, No Hargreaves, No Keane, No Anderson).
United's central midfielders then were John O'Shea and Ryan Giggs(winger).
It would have been a dream come true for him but then. . . . . . .Africans especialy Nigerians have a way of blowing their chances.
He has now missed out on 2 EPL titles and 1 UCL trophy. . . . .His dad must be loving it. grin cheesy

@ xerxes

I can't but agree with u.

He must be regretting the worst career decision he eva made.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:06pm On May 22, 2008
Cristalz
Good to have u back. Helping Soludo??
I guess Yar'adua will be needing more help. Or wait, John Terry and DD will be better of with those ya soothing words
Life goes on. We won what we deserved though i must say we rode our luck.
I couldn't let go of my inhaler
Thank GOd for Jesus Christ and Mother Mary

Whats for the Super Cup
Showing Dayocanoe and Bayern Munich how to do
Zenit St Petersburg
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 7:12pm On May 22, 2008
Cristalz:

@X

But why was Ronny crying?Terry i understand,but Ronny? Anyway i guess he waz just overwhelmed by his success this season.What a softie.How sweet grin grin grin

Ronaldo's season would have been a FAILURE if his missed penalty had counted against Man Utd.
From a hero to a VILLAIN in 3 mins. . . . . . .It wouldn't have been funny. All his 42 goals scored this season would have counted for nothing.
Ronaldo cried cos his fortunes changed around. . . .Thanx to Terry for bottling it up and Van Der Sar for keeping Anelka's efforts out.

@ Akyns,

I feel for Mikel. He made a stupid choice when he joined Chelsea.
Look at Leo Messi. . . . . .the difference between Mikel and Messi 3 years ago was marginal. Some school of thunks will even argue Mikel was better.
Can we say the same today?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 7:18pm On May 22, 2008
Congratulations!!! to em reds. We really deserve the trophy.
Almost had an heart failure when ronny missed, i was dead when i saw JT steping forward to take his penalty. Gosh God his really on our side.

UNITED ALL THE WAY!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2008
Congrats on the win yall.I cant say it was not deserved i am almost choking saying this
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:19pm On May 22, 2008
@Emperoh
Jesus and Mary?You're beginning to sound as religous as Mc Omo grin grin Good thing you had your inhaler.Honestly,soccer can kill o.I couldn't sit anymore during the penalty shoot-out.Waz standing,jumping and screaming my lungs off.Terrible grin I doubt that Terry can be soothed.The man was simply crushed.Badly.

@X
Guess Ronny realized he very narrowly escaped death then grin

What effort from Anelka?The guy did not care,i tell ya.His shot was without drive,he dint even try to deceive the goalie or anything.Just calmly went up to the ball,calmly took a calm shot,calmly missed and calmly walked back to his guys.Talk about Mr Cool Blue grin grin

Getting off now.Gotta get home.Might be back tho.Later.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2008
@ Cristalz,

Make sure u bring your ass back. . . . .
J-gal asked me to send a bottle of BUBBLY to u. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2008
I guess Ronnie was just shedding tears of joy.
But i can't still understand why the dude is still speculating on his future
What game is he trying to play with United? I don't really care if he leaves or not i will just miss his displays and dribbles
I believe Fergie will work really well on Nani to do good. If Giggsy gets too uroductive, the gaffer will sign another double footed winger
Thats the beauty of a Man U side. Having wingers that play both left and right. Thats why Roonie has been a success. JS is good but not 2 footed
Its just left and left alone though he sometimes does right foot also.

As for Mikel, I ant to believe immaturity, manipulation by John Shittu and the get rich quick factor did him in
If he's in footie for the money, let him enjoy it and forget winning big trophies
But no one will consider him a big footballer. Fergie would have grinded out a VERY finished good from him now
I bet u he should be contesting with Messi for World footballer of the year
he has allowed his Raw talent to remain untapped and might hust be languishing in desolateness
God will help him. As a fellow kinsman (yes he's from my LG area Anaocha, in Anambra State) i feel for him
But unsentimentally, he was used and his desires didn't give him a whiff of common sense in taking a career designing decision
Let me not behave like am regretting his wrong move. It might as well turn right in future if Chelsea wins it but of utmost consideration then
will be what he contributed to such success.

I REST MY CASE

LETS SAVOUR LLA VICTOIRE!!!!

UN UNIFIER!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by hustler(m): 7:26pm On May 22, 2008
Congrats to the `RED DEVILS  , After waiting for 9 (NINE) years the "GREAT" Alex pardon me SIR ALEX has shown that he still knows how to fluke pardon me win d UCL trophy, Wat a GOOD manager he is, LOL

In all seriousness, congrats to y'all.Fantastic game to watch for a neutral like me but it seemed two-third of ur trinity froze cuz of the BIG STAGE (Rooney and Tevez). They didnt really offer much on the GREAT NIGHT guess it must have been the STAGE FRIGHT. Ronaldo silenced the doubters and critics but after the penalty miss (some of them myself inclusive, as i still be Ronaldo hater, ) still have a blemish to point to.

But i'm wondering y Alex made ur midfield suffer defensively (so evident beginning of the 2nd half) by letting Hargreaves play on the right as Carrick offered nothing on the night defensively, Was risky but still got him the trophy right?

Too bad i will be busy following the UEFA CUP next season instead but with the level of understanding which has been forged by this Man U team , i think they have the potential to dominate Europe for the next 2 years.just sprinkle a little bit of flair here and there around the team but keep the SOUL intact, i dont see many teams that can pose a great threat to their European and EPL dominance.

But y'all better be ready when the ROSSONERI come thru in 2009, Nuff said. Congratsssss.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 7:31pm On May 22, 2008
@A-40
You never chok oh. this is just the begining.

@jac,cha,xer
Kia u no go kill person. which one be this one. well its nice sha. were is j-girl no seen are for a while.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2008
@Cristalz
Yeah, i am quite passionate about Manchester United since my elder cousin taught me whats in Man Utd
I used to pay lip servie and i kow yesternite was the least i have done just to watch Man Utd play
I can remember the FA cup finals last year that i had to miss NIM exams to watch. its quite cheeky and how we use to go to polo park in Coal City just to watch Man U, argue and stake our bragging rights
the passion is growing daily and i am loving the forum Nairaland has created for me to vent my spleen and batter any rival supporter that spews bull dung here.

So i had my prayers before during and after that match.
Its not so much to do for a beloved team is it??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Him1(m): 7:35pm On May 22, 2008
sampions of europe indeed. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:03pm On May 22, 2008
@joe-b
i pardon your statement it was said in the ecstacy of victory

@Cristalz
He has never cared and thats why he has never lasted more than three seasons in any big club.He definitely has to be the biggest flop of the season two goals and a UCL penalty miss all for 15mil
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 9:25pm On May 22, 2008
Good day to all the Mancs in the house, i'm just waking up this afternoon after parting like an animal and drinking myself to stupor. Seriously, i'm shedding tears of joy and not sorrow becuase i thought it was over. believe me i was not even aware JT was taking his penalty because my eyes were on the ground with me asking myself how it could all end like this, how come Van der sar had saved all penalties in the Charity shield but was having trouble even couldn't not keep out ashley cole's lucky one ,how Ronaldo who we had all come to admire and love and sing his name/praises day in day out could wreck a season when we needed him most, how all the f**king gayners and liverfools and chavs and every other hater would point and claim he chokes in the big one,how disappointed we all has Mancs would be after such a roller coaster ride when the one thing we wanted most was going to them chavs whom we hated above all things despicable in football with their band of glory hunters who were not around during the guillit,ranieri or zola years whom had all joined because of the strastopheric rise of a club with no history because their owner felt he could splash, spash and splash some more money. this thoughts went on and on and on. And then God in his infinite mercies pulled us back from the dead.When Van der sar palmed anelka spot kick away. i began to cry because it just proves to me that God is at this club, Tradition and not Money is what rules at the end of the day and that a club with history will always find a way to matter in todays world. The look on Abramovich face as he clutched his heart said it all because it show that Money may buy you a club, may get you glory hunters as fans, it just can't get you Grace and Grace my friends is what we at United have and so to finish my druken ramblings of Glory, honor and what have you i woud like to say:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

"MANCHESTER UNITED, CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND AND EUROPE".
                                                                      "REDDEVIL TILL I DIE"
                                                                        UNITED FOR LIFE!!!
God bless and see you all next season or EURO 2008
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by baddestguy: 1:09am On May 23, 2008
[size=14pt]As a Man u fan i have to say that Chelsea really put it up to us tonight and i have to applaud there effort but history and nostalgia was against them tonight(the 50th anniversary of the Munich crash and Giggsys 759th appearance etc) this really was an epic final. . .

Im delighted that we won but this really shows the quality of the English premiership, a league that has invested in young talent instead of watching and waiting for former stars to peak and deteriorate a classic example being A.C Milan of Italy, a European powerhouse that now has to rebuild from its foundations.Haha anyway back to united. . .

This season has been so inspiring, we have had the best attack but also the best defence in the premiership, we are the only team to go undefeated in the Champions league and in Ronaldo we have what surely has to be the next world player of the year! ! !

For next season Sir Alex has been quoted for saying "we dont need to strenghten, but we will" which is astounding. In my opinion all we really need is a right back(even though Wes Brown has been phenominal) and a striker who could compliment rooney and/or Tevez perhaps Huntelaar(I wish we could sign Benzema because he is the closest thing to Cantona that i have seen in ages but unfortunately I dont think its on the cards) I think even Gomis of St Ettien would improve Uniteds attacking play.

Well anyway sorry for the rant but congratulations to United on a wonderful victory and a magnificent season. Next year lets aim for the treble!!!! p.s Sir Alex you are a God.
                                                                      UP MANUTD! ! [/size] !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 23, 2008
Spare a thought for the following:

John Mikel Obi:
Greed,instead of honour was his motive for joining Chelsea at a time united were under-strength in the midfield. Now,he has to be asking himself what might have been if he chose to join United, have no sympathy for the jerk,looks like he has the self-destruct button on his career triggered already, but then like someone said,we might never have know someone called Anderson, so we probably never needed him.

Peter Kenyon:
Greed over honour again, the Judas first ruined our plans to sign Ronaldinho back in '03;then jumped ship when cash was thrown at him. The egg-head then had the temerity to wear a runner-up medal,whereas the legend,Bobby Charlton, chose not to wear his,because he felt the spotlight belonged to the united team, But then ,Ronaldinho might have turned out the way he did at Barca-probably would have split the  team in two, so it was a good thing he left,

Nicholas Anelka:
Played for our bitter rivals:Arsenal, Liverpool and then Chelsea, yet he can't put us away, Was wondering how significant his signing would be for chelsea, 5 goals isn't too healthy,

Been a great season:Our closest rivals went trophyless-we won the big two,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by MbZion: 12:50pm On May 23, 2008
Forever and ever till what i don't know will seprate us
Just keep the Fire Burning
RED RED RED RED REDDER THAN RED RED RED"buju banton
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 12:58pm On May 23, 2008
The Cup is back in England. . . right now in the shelves in the Theater of Dreams. .

Still celebrating here with me friends. . .Its realli a lovely feeling to be a Red. .

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by your: 1:25pm On May 23, 2008
although man utd won chlesea is the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.