Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,291 members, 7,923,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:34 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (512661 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2008
Go tell the Pope that. . . . grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by jejelolatu(f): 1:48pm On May 23, 2008
hmnnnnn,aint surprised at all.

i can see that man u fans are feeling hyper at the moment.

i wonder how much of this i wd have to endure.
u are all up in our faces.
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

na una turn sha,ENJOY
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2008
i think the rules have changed
the second best is now better than the first

second best in the league. . .behind us
second best in the UCL. . .behind us and yet they are the best

even some believe Avram should be the manager of the season
its not der fault sha. the internet allows for so much rubbish to be spewed

@jeje
ah!!! did u travel?
yeah, we are feeling hyper. just pray for the days when gaynners will feel hyper cos the way its going it can only get berra for us

by the way, how do u feel going trophyless again for the erm erm how many years now?
hehehehehehe
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:14pm On May 23, 2008
Everyone seems to be revelling in the Man Utd victory Euphoria.
But lets look at an issue that is generating a lot of headlines and will definitely make issues
Before or after the Euro finals

What game is CR7 playing with Man Utd?
Guys do u think he will stay or go?
Or do u think he's just playing games?
I am quite indifferent on this matter. If he decides to go, then good luck to him
We have a lot to tinker on to be like him. Nani still a raw material as far as am concerned
By the time Fergusmith finishes with his job, then another Ronaldo will have been born.
But what do u guys think??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2008
tkb
wats good? no better time to be a red ehn. . .

twas a beautiful nite i wont forget in a hurry. . .
One of me friends after the game said. . Terry must be a United fan. . . grin grin

Emperoh. .
CR is going no where. , At least not yet.
Only a fool would leave United now, When everything is goin rite. , and go into uncertainty. . Remember Henry??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:30pm On May 23, 2008
@J-K
chief im very good. ive been everywhere in Lagos converting souls to our course. Now a lotta sweet lagos girls are rooting United. Not all those alata unilag girls.

saw the game with Ruggedman (united fan) and the atmosphere was electric after the game. we had a party till 5am. got to work feeling high but my bosses understood perfectly!!!

@emperoh
CR7 is going nowhere
heard him on BCC and he was categorical about it.
he said " i stay"
i think the media is just trying to sell papers. The only thing he said and was that he wont promise anybody anything for the future. he said he wont even promise his mum, the fans, or no one what will happen in the future. so, how does this translate to him leaving?
let the press enjoy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 2:44pm On May 23, 2008
@ J-K,

Did we just WIN the Uefa Champions League?
Somebody wake me i am dreaming. . . . . . . . .
After the appaling start we had in August, the curse of the community shield, Rooney's metatarsal and Ronaldo's RED CARD?
Blimey. . . . . Fergie is a GENIUS.
Winning the EUROPEAN DOUBLE with the Gaynners, Chavs and the Scousers finishing TROPHYLESS. . . . . PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 2:58pm On May 23, 2008
Yeah I think we won the UCL alrite. . .
I think this surpasses the 1999 glory. . .It was a dramatic night. . .

Fergie is a genius. He did the double, which could easily have been a treble if not for that crazy FA Cup game against Portsmouth, But a double is no less an achievement. .

I'm so happy for Scholes. . After a broken nose, and the disappointment in 1999, he finally got a UCL medal. .
and what lucky bastards. grin. .Tevez, Anderson and Nani. .
One season, 2 trophies. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 3:05pm On May 23, 2008
@ J-K,

Carrick is the luckiest bastard.
2 seasons. . . . 2 EPLs and 1 UCL title(not even Arsene Wenger can boast of that in his entire managerial career) grin grin grin
I think Fergie now has a chance to RETAIN both titles but we need to get everyone fit after the EURO games ASAP.
Huntelaar is ready to play in England. . . . Fergie must get Micah Richards/Daniel Alves + Huntelaar/Fabiano/Berbatov.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2008
@X

LMAO. . .You certainly got that right about Wenger and Carrick. . . grin
and Giggs. . . winka staggering 10 EPL titles and 2 UCL titles!!!!!!!!!!!! Every player would give their left ballz for half of that kind of resume. . .

Yeah we need to re-inforce the team, But I don't think Micah Richards would be allowed to move to United. City and United are Manchester rivlas. , The move mite not go through. Bosingwa has followed the way of the wallet. . . grin
I think we should lure Philip Lahm from Bayern. We are European champions. Every player would want to play here. Lahm would be a superb addition at right back.

Hunterlaar should pack his bags and drop 'em at the gates of the Theater of Dreams until Fergie signs him. He is the perfect fit into the United squad. We need that man to bury those crying chances Tevez and Rooney keep missing. . .

and maybe one Central Back for cover when Rio or Vidic are out. . .because Pique is off to Barca (but why the hell did Fergie agree to let Pique go).

3 more additions. . .the TREBLE would be inevitable!!! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:21pm On May 23, 2008
THE STORY

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:24pm On May 23, 2008
continued

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2008
Xerxes.:

@ J-K,

Carrick is the luckiest bastard.
2 seasons. . . . 2 EPLs and 1 UCL title(not even Arsene Wenger can boast of that in his entire managerial career) grin grin grin
I think Fergie now has a chance to RETAIN both titles but we need to get everyone fit after the EURO games ASAP.
Huntelaar is ready to play in England. . . . Fergie must get Micah Richards/Daniel Alves + Huntelaar/Fabiano/Berbatov.

Just give me Berbatov and I'll smile.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2008
and my fav,

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2008
i started posting on the sports section because of a thread i saw, guys do you remember the thread
'MAN U O TI RUN DOWN'?

I wonger where the plonker who stated that thread is today, because we had a torrid beginning in the season someone comes to exhibit/expose his naivity.

There were crucial games that we came thru, especially the string of one nil wins at the beginning of the season, also 1-0 wins with Bermingham and Derby, we were almost drawing those games, the late equaliser at Boro. The loses, especially against MAN CITY. Gayners no wan let us hear word tongue tongue tongue tongue

Although some Teams had to slip for us to take the driving seat which we did temporary b4 we relinquished again, only to recover and hold on like it belonged to us grin  

Do you guys remember defining moments in the season?

As for the UCL

We were a blast from start to finish cool cool cool cool

WONDERFULLY UNITED!!!!!

justkunmi:

Hunterlaar should pack his bags and drop 'em at the gates of the Theater of Dreams until Fergie signs him. He is the perfect fit into the United squad. We need that man to bury those crying chances Tevez and Rooney keep missing. . .

grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 3:35pm On May 23, 2008
akinalabi:

Just give me Berbatov and I'll smile.

Berbatov? I think United's attacking football will leave Berbatov behind.
The pace at which Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez counter-attack will be too fast for Dimitar to cope.
Boom. . . . . can u remember United's attack in the final against Chelsea. . . . . Rooney's 70-yard pass to find Ronaldo on the left channel.

Cristiano trapped the ball with a single touch and delivered a peach cross into Chelsea's danger area.
Tevez running at 90 miles per hour got there before Carvalho and guided a glancing header towards goal only for Cech to make a save.
That was arguably the best move of the game . . . . Berbatov might struggle to cope with such moves. grin grin grin
United must sign Huntelaar now.

P.S. Did Saha get a medal? That pillock draws 90k a week and he barely played 5 games in the whole season.

@ Coded guy,

The plonker is called Dapsycool . . . . . .Don't blame him. . . .
He has got the brain power of a culex mosquito.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2008
@Xerxes
any of berba, Hunter or fabiano will do

for full back, Richards, Alves or Lahm will do

we are going for a kill nenxt season. are we still going for Veloso?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 6:29pm On May 23, 2008
Xerxes.:

Nah. . . .
Velloso is now Wenger's target but i doubt if that stingy pedo can afford to cough 20 million on the attacking midfielder.
Phillip Lahm? No way. . . .
Have u forgotten we are playing Zenit St. Petersburg in the super-cup. . . . .The sight of that Argy coming at him will make him shit in his pants.
Phillip Lahm is a pussy(like Debosky). . . . .Fair weather fan!!!

@x i agree with u. Lahm to me is a waste, that guy can not stand the pace of the premier league. He is to slow for my liken.
I would prefer alves to lahm.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 6:37pm On May 23, 2008
joe b:

@x i agree with u. Lahm to me is a waste, that guy can not stand the pace of the premier league. He is to slow for my liken.
I would prefer alves to lahm.

U need to see how Alejandro Dominguez(Zenit St Petersburg winger) was breezing past him like Lahm wasn't even there.
It was worse than Essien versus Ronaldo duel. . . . . . Lahm cannot cut it in the Premiership.
Brown, Sagna, Eboue and Ferreira are all better than him.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 7:37pm On May 23, 2008
sometimes, i just feel jealous,

not jealous of Manutd, but jealous of the fact that it would take a long time for arsenal to win trophies if wenger continues his "miserly" spending ways,

some guys would have my head for the statement, but its true.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2008
Must you always invoke my name with your leprous lips Jackal? angry

@ Lordi

leave your soliloquizing for other locales man, spend spend spend, then get into debt and get relegated like Leeds right? Arsene will keep doing it his way and will get it right - it isn't just about short term success, it is a VISION. Some fainthearted will fall by the wayside but that is always the way it goes. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2008
what VISION, he's had that vision for God knows how long now,

lets spend right, buy right, and win trophies, not for the fainthearted,

i once watched a match and the commentator mentioned and wondered if arsenal could win a trophy for the best passers of the ball,

, anyway, lets wait and see, may be by the time Hleb goes then he'll face stark reality then he'd be forced to buy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2008
GLORY GLORY MAN UTD[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2008
MANCHESTER UNITED

Trully, we won the 2 best leagues in the world in the most competitive season in history but I have come to notice the issue with Ronaldo, Ferguson, Carlos Quoirez. Those 3 people are bound to leave the club anytime soon due to some personal reasons.

Ronaldo has been linked to Real Madrid, Barcelona and every other club in world wants to have Cristiano in their squad.
Who are the possible players who will fit in the squad after he decides to leave?

Sir Alex Ferguson, presently known to be the Best Manager in the Premier league. He is among the most successful Managers in his business and it will be hard to replace him.

I know 2 possible coaches that might be able to manage the club after he decides to resign.

1. The No 2 man in United Carlos Quoirez does not only know how to Pick players that will be successful in future but he is also good in coaching the players.

2. Frank Rijkaard: He is just too good to be fired.

Carlos Quiorez will leave Manchester United if he is not allowed to manage the club if SAF resigns.

What will happen if these people leave the club?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 8:45pm On May 23, 2008
@xerxes,

you post like a some one i know,

too familiar, with someone who airs his view, or am i just hallucinating,

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 8:51pm On May 23, 2008
@ Lordi,

You are hallucinating. . . . . .Too much shroomz i guess.
How was ur week? I am sure u musta been gutted watching Rio Ferdinand lift the BIG EARS. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2008
@ Lordi

read Jackal's last post well - THREE of the top 4 finished trophyless - rewind to the January and Summer transfer windows - did the Chelskis and Liverpools of this world not spend? How come they ended up trophyless?

I'm disappointed you still hold this warped view - as if the club has just stood still in the same spot these three years without other developments on and off the field with a secure future, an excellent ground and a solid base to project into the future.

trophies are needed, yes - but anyone objective will see that money alone is not the solution. IMO we are not far off, and with how we've astutely managed our finances to build our new ground and finance it wisely, we can ONLY get better - trophies will come soon enough. Was AW outspending when he won in 98, 02 and 04? How many titles has Rafa's spending won him?

The differences were slight this term IMO, only an overly exceptional Ronaldo got MU where they are, not the 60million they splashed last summer - that part was minor at best, with only Tevez being close to outstanding.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2008
@debosky

trust me, i'm still with arsenal.

@xerxes/jackal

now am certain you are el chacal,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 9:00pm On May 23, 2008
@ Debosky,

Please get a grip.

Its not just about spending money here and there . . . . .It's about spending the money judiciously.
Nothing ventured, nuthing gained, bruv. . . . . . .Look at Ferguson's last 6 buys. . . .
Evra, Vidic, Anderson, Nani, Hargreaves and Tevez. . . . .Can u argue these lots didn't make any impact this season?
Now letz compare it to Chelsea: Ben Haim, Pizarro, Shevchenko, Sidwell, Hilario and Belletti.
I don't even wanna mention Liverpool apart from Torres. . . .Voronin and the other twits were all disappointing.

Its simple. . . . .SPLASH MONEY and SPEND IT WISELY.

@ Lordimpaq,

Xerxes is Jackal? Clap for yourself. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 9:38pm On May 23, 2008
shut up, only a dumb person would know its you,

plonker, dyslexia, fuckery,

those words only come from you, and are being said cos u said em first.

wat a legacy, the end of an era, now he's brought up xerxes, some greek name or god, funny, and stupid too. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes1(m): 9:53pm On May 23, 2008
lordimpaq:

what a legacy, the end of an era, now he's brought up xerxes, some greek name or god, funny, and stupid too. grin

Stupid? U calling a Greek king stupid?
Anyways. . . . the era of Jackal has gone.
Ever forward i am going, never backwards, pillocks. . . . .here's anutha CLASSIC. cheesy wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 10:02pm On May 23, 2008
debosky:

The differences were slight this term IMO, only an overly exceptional Ronaldo got MU where they are, not the 60million they splashed last summer - that part was minor at best, with only Tevez being close to outstanding.

I disagree with you debosky.

Man Utd's success was due to the quality squad they had
which was made possible by the 60 million Fergie spent.

We were able to rotate our midfield and we kept everyone
fresh all through.

We had various midfield combinations.

Hargo - Anderson
Anderson Carrick
Scholes-Carrick

I remember a couple of seasons ago, any injury to one of
our midfielders meant we had to play O'shea as our playmaker. cheesy

Never de-emphasize the importance of strenthening your squad
with quality players (they don't come cheap these days).

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.