Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,231 members, 7,887,630 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (506769 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by folahann(m): 1:20am On Jun 19, 2008
nazzyon:

Mikel would have had the chance of making the first team had it been that he joined Manchester United.

And we wouldn't have asked Anderson to start this early for the team.

Mikel just shit himself by joining Chelsea.

you ain't the coach and you ain't got any coach training and so you don't know sh*t
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2008
Of course he would have had a regular shirt.
if u can remember, we bought Carrick when it was getting clearer
Mikel was not going to be on our line up for the season.
I can argue till thy kingdom come,
the guy made a big mistake joining chelsea.
i even heard that Scolari is about turning him to a ball boy grin grin grin
thatz a joke all the same.
well i wish him all the best by the tym he is loaned to Hull City.
His best position is 10 as evident in Ngr vs SA mach.
the problem is, will he bench Ballack, which is very much unlikely.
he will have to keep playing 4 which has Makalele holding forth there.
the dude is just doomed all the way.

Man U for 11th EPL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2008
They also now have Bosingwa as new rigth back, which also frees Essien to play more in the Middle of the pack.
Now that makes the midfield more competitive. Imagine if you now add Ronaldinho.
Mikel himself has not really improved markedly in the chelsea team as most of his passes are either sideways or backwards, He is a Defensive player for Le Blues.

The question is will Big Phil who is Brazilian and ready to bring flair into the chelsea team (judging from the type of names that have been recently linked to chelsea) be able to integrate a player like mikel or develop him into what we all feel he should have been if he was used properly. i guess will all wait and see. We all Know what RA wants, Sexy football with results, the kind Manchester United plays. grin

IMO, think its kinda bleak for Mikel, I cud be wrong though.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by beeola(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2008
we nid 2 strenghten our squad now cos pple will bi xpctin us 2 defend our titles nxt season.we nid a right back n and goal poacher like van goal who will reduce the work rate of ronaldo
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2008
Thank God we couldnt get Bosingwa
cheap Brown will play better than that. . .
we should just go and get Lahm abeggi
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ tkb417,

My sentiments precisely.

Bosingwa is an asswax. . . . . and i thunk the Arrow was pacy.
Miroslav Klose who cannot outpace Wes Brown took Bosingwa to the cleaners. . . . I couldn't believe ma eyes.
Lets stick to Wes Brown if this is what Portugese defenders are made of(They are too lightweight for me liking).
One gentle push on Ferreira by Ballack sent him 50 miles away from the ball. . . . . Could Ballack had done that to Rio or Vidic?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Jackal
yes o!!
Bosingwa and all the Portuguese defence line up were shitty.
Of course Wes Brown would have made a lotta difference.

That boi Ferreira is waste product. he should ask for a transfer and go back to Porto
thats where his likes belong.

Bosingwa? thats the joke of the millenium. Miguel would have done better
i think hes still suffering from the shock he had from the car crash he had years back
hes destined to be the new Asier Del Horno.
He will be shipped back to Fluminense after one season
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ tkb/jackal
Bosingwa is crap? grin grin grin
Thats not what yall were saying a couple months ago.i remember quite vividly how yall were screaming 4 man utd to sign him, especially when wes was asking for higher wages.now cos he joined chelsea, hes crap grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ritchboi
yes o!!! thats the way to analise footie now
a player is as good as the last game he/she played.

Just like people are saying CR7 shouldnt win the world futboller cos of what he played against Germany.
In that regard, Ferreira, Pepe and Bosingwa are multi-talented craps

they should be tried at the failed players tribunal according to Dayokanu and i support him on that
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ Ritchboi,

Bosingwa is light-weight. . . . . .
Wes Brown might not be the most talented defender but he doesn't give strikers the time n space to cause damage.
He is gritty, i have never seen any defender punish Hleb like Wes Brown does.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vicade(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2008
\i guess ronaldo has finally bit the hands that fed him. \even if man u refuses to sell and he stays , it can never be the same again. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by salehm(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2008
Is Ronaldo truly living?
wat abt this?

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2008
Its quite clear that all Madrid wants him for is to make money on Endrosements and adverts like they did with Becks
Whichever way, i believe he will leave UNITED but its after the coming season
Fergie and the Glazers will show their Mafioso skillss
Whatever he thinks, he should realise that he's only human

But lets put our sentiments aside and looka t this critically
Football is all about Business
if Ronaldo's form dips and he doesn't pick up anything, man u will surely dump him this am sure of
So why not take your chance when u are still playing well
He is still young and can play for more 10yrs if things are normal for him and baring injuries
So hey CR7, take your chance. i will still be your fan. Just go make the money
Thats Business for you.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2008
Its quite clear that all Madrid wants him for is to make money on Endrosements and adverts like they did with Becks
Whichever way, i believe he will leave UNITED but its after the coming season
Fergie and the Glazers will show their Mafioso skillss
Whatever he thinks, he should realise that he's only human

But lets put our sentiments aside and looka t this critically
Football is all about Business
if Ronaldo's form dips and he doesn't pick up anything,  man u will surely dump him this am sure of
So why not take your chance when u are still playing well
He is still young and can play for more 10yrs if things are normal for him and baring injuries
So hey CR7, take your chance. i will still be your fan. Just go make the money
Thats Business for you.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2008
You are right Emperoh but why can't he be man enuff to say he want to leave.
Why playing hide and seek.
I believe he is not going about it in the normal way, definitely one day he must leave united as far as he is not english.
Why did he extend his contract to 2012? all these are compounding the issue. had it been he has two years left, he will
definitely be on the driving seat now.
Anyway which ever way it pans out United will still come out strong.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2008
@ Presido1,

No player is greater than Man Utd.
All i know is 3 things must happen before he can cross to Spain.

Ronaldo must hand in a transfer request.
Man Utd must accept it
Real Madrid must meet the asking price.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2008
To be honest, if Real can pay the amount we're hearing they
are willing to pay, then I think we should flog him to Madrid
straight.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2008
Jackal:

@ Presido1,.
Ronaldo must hand in a transfer request.
Man Utd must accept it
Real Madrid must meet the asking price
Thats why i said he is not on the driving seat.
There is nothing wrong in facing new challenge else where but be matured in doing that.
He never requested for a transfer and he never for once put it straight that he want to play for Madrid next season.
He only said, its his dream to play for them. He don't want to be open should in-case it did not work for him.
All the same i still feel he will play for United next season but season after next, am not too sure.

akinalabi:

To be honest, if Real can pay the amount we're hearing they
are willing to pay, then I think we should flog him to Madrid
straight.
I think Glazer family will like show that they are Americans.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

It's not about the money for Ferguson or the Glazers . . . They just wanna stop this ugly-headed HYDRA.
If Ferguson bows down to Real Madrid. . . what message will that send to Nani, Anderson, Tevez and Vidic?
It means Real Madrid might come back AGAIN next season and feel Evra is also their birth-right and offer ridiculous money.
Someone has to stop Madrid. . . . .

@ Presido1,

It favours United either way. . . .
If he stays, things continue as usual with the addition of few more players to STRENGTHEN.
Should he move to Spain, Fergie will get paid 70-80 million pounds which can buy 2-3 quality replacements.
The next few weeks will def'ly be interesting. . . . . .Saha might be joining ROMA. cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by emmy4naira(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2008
hey guys on one united, l hail thee, l think it's damn natural for people to be against the winning team, but no matter what they say, we'll continue to go for the cup come next season, ALL HAIL MAN U,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by emmy4naira(m): 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2008
hey guys, why all these issues about Ronaldo what of if he doesn't function come next season, well for whatever reson Fergie is keeping him, l still wish him success, up MAN YOU
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2008
My take :

1.Ronaldo is under a valid contract
2.The boy has surrounded himself with his agent, momsie,girlfriend,Pepe grin, Felipe, . He's also a kid.  , What do you expect
3.No crime in his desire.  . . Owen Hargreaves was prolly worse(and he had also just signed a new contract)
4.United need to weigh the options against what I'd call our pride as a big club. Juventus was faced with something similar with Zidane and they sold and made a killing(Bleep pride )
5.If we sell this season we were forced to . If we do at any other time then it was our decision(like Bayern made us sweat for Owen). We need to make a decision we'd be able to live with down the road.
6.Let this saga not smear the fantastic work Ronny has done over the past few years. We as fans should remember that there is  a difference between a player who is also a fan and a player who is not.
7.If Ronaldo makes his long awaited decision let us help him and make the best out of it whichever way it goes.

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
manu4laif
wats up

This all gettin uglier by the day. . .
Things must be sorted out ASAP cos pre season training would soon start and we had better start the season well. . .

If Ronaldo is going, he should go, but the deal must involve Robinho. .Nothing else is acceptable. .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2008
I guess all these brogadoccio about CR7 is getting too much
Anything he achieves was made possible by United.
If he feel like leaving, I am not pertubed one bit.
We have Nani to fill in his shoes, I even heard that David Silva is a target
And pray that guy impressed me last Nite against Italy
His runs kept the Italians on Back heel such that they couldn't attack. I just Rafa doesn't snaap him up after United must have alerted the world to him
Just like it happened to Torres. So let Ronaldo leave for all i care
We did it without Cantona, Roy, Becks, RVN so why not him. If it were Rooney i will have a lot to worry.
Not Ronaldo!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2008
@JK47,
Very cool. Loooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time!!!!!!!!!!! How you dey?How have you been enjoying the Euros? All footie analysts should shut their mouth like they did 4 years ago. Statistics are meant to be broken and the form book torn to shreds. Great tournament though and some players have now gone 'on sales' while others will have appreciated madly.

Meanwhile Ronny should make up his mind so we can start planning for the new season. His departure or otherwise will determine to some extent who our new personnel will be.

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2008
manu4laif
Good man, been good. . .just very busy. .
a little free now. .

The Euros has been a rollercoaster ride. .
So many ups and downs. . .France toppin[b] the downs list[/b]. . grin imagine exiting with only a point and a goal. sad
. . . Been good anyways, but like you said, teams are shattering records. . .turning analysts into muppets. . grin
the Holland - Russia game was a killing!!!!! My Gawd, grin

Neways, back to United. .

My take on the Ronnie issue, Fergie should accept the Robinho + cash offer. .
Get Huntelaar and we are good to go!!!!. .

But hey I read Ronnie said he is moving to Madrid based on the advice he got from Scolari. .
Has the muppet forgotten Scolari is the nu Chelsea coach?
Wouldn't he do or in this case, say anything to disarm his biggest obstacle to winning the EPL??, Man Utd that is??
Is the guy thinking
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2008
Scolari must be a fool for saying that. . . .
we shall see
to me, we will sell to Barcelona but not Madrid.

This time, madrid shouldnt get what they want
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2008
@JK47,
France?Better than 1 point and no goal in 02 World Cup grin grin
I won't be shocked if we see a Turkey/Russia final. Love the Russian spirit though.
On Ronny,
Very interesting times. What gives me greatest confidence is that Baba will do that which is in the United's overall best interest.

Heard Scolari has fired a salvo at Baba regarding Ronny in Manchester Evening news(just heard it on Skysports news now). He said Ronny will not be 'bullied' into staying at Man United. And the premiership has not even started

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:18am On Jun 24, 2008
Scolari is going to be in the news a lot. . .he mite even replace Maureen as the Man in the News. . .

Roonie has further delayed his return to England. Heard he's having a foot surgery so wont return till another 2 weeks. .
All these must be wrapped up quickly before pre season training.

. . .just thinking, is Ronnie in the squad coming to Nigeria?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 8:51am On Jun 24, 2008
The plan was that Ronnie will not be included in the sqaud provided Portugal got to the final.

And with the present situation , he may not be able to make it to Nigeria because of the operation. Even Manchester United will not want to stress him.

Manchester United never sells unfit players, Sahas' only has to come up because he is willing to leave if the club wants to sell. And I don't he's got any problem at the moment.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2008
David Gill said Ronaldo will not be coming to Nigeria. He said it
in the interview when he confirmed Utd will be coming.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:07am On Jun 24, 2008
How bout Van Dar Ser

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.