Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,260 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:05 AM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48967 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Feb 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Strange things happen in Nigeria.
Besides, he might have been banned or lost his password here.

Now you know!!!

This is no sarcasm. . . . .Dapolam coulda been banned here.

If he'd replied you on facebook, why demand another reply here when he would prolly print the same answers?? undecided

Make I suggest you read a couple of pages to understand how far this conversation has come. I mean you really do need to read some of the pages to understand that your assumptions above may likely not apply here.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Sauron1: 12:11am On Feb 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Make I suggest you read a couple of pages to understand how far this conversation has come. I mean you really do need to read some of the pages to understand that your assumptions above may likely not apply here.

Don't doubt unless you are 101% sure.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Feb 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Dude. . . if I was even 80% sure, then I would not need to doubt now, would I?

gosh. . . . what is wrong with my keyboard now
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MT: 12:14am On Feb 17, 2009

@sauron

I assume "he lost his password or got banned" along with his retinue of sycophants as well.

That's the quality of their campaign. They all decided to "melt" away from Nairaland when the situation was getting too hot to handle. wink
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by akanokolawole: 12:34am On Feb 17, 2009
His father blood run trough him and his father has the chance to work things out which he did not so let another person a chance(least you forget we've been having the same set of people ruling in the country since independence and they have not helped the country other than enriching their pocket)so we need to stop the thread
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MT: 12:44am On Feb 17, 2009

@akano kolawole
so we need to stop the thread

I cant but agree with you 100%.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olanajim(m): 1:50am On Feb 17, 2009
This thread have over run it purpose and should be locked.

Dapolam was not banned. I presumed He just choose to focus on more important matter. It is only a foolish man that will continue to talk about himself or his ambition when he had only express his desire.

I think, if I were dapo, I will stay away from this thread and let people run their opinion. I will read, but no comment. Rather than comment, I will look at what people say is wrong and then make amend.

No one have ever say that when a father is wrong, the whole linage will be wrong. We are all progeny of Cain, the murderer. Can we all be condemn for Cain's sin?

@Dapo,
Never bother to reply or post on this thread again. Just read and then learn,

It is time the thread die natural death.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by akanokolawole: 2:04am On Feb 17, 2009
Never bother to reply or post on this thread again. Just read and then learn, he needs people to advice him on that,he is not yet matured enough for this,maybe he needs to go and learn the acts of politics,he is a 30 year old boy if am right about his age or within that bracket (in his early thirties sha)
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:57am On Feb 17, 2009
No one have ever say that when a father is wrong, the whole linage will be wrong. We are all progeny of Cain, the murderer. Can we all be condemn for Cain's sin?

Cain?? I think I am from Seth. Not Cain
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toksajayi: 9:39am On Feb 17, 2009
Na wa o
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MrCrackles(m): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2009
Very hard to come into this after the massive amount of argy bargy that has gone down! cheesy

But you guys should permit me to say this to DAPOLAM

Oga carry go, may God help you and hopefully you wont be like most of the ones we have had in the past
! cheesy grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by akanokolawole: 10:21am On Feb 17, 2009
olanajim:

I think, if I were dapo, I will stay away from this thread and let people run their opinion. I will read, but no comment. Rather than comment, I will look at what people say is wrong and then make amend.

@Dapo,
Never bother to reply or post on this thread again. Just read and then learn,

WORD!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by akinalabi(m): 10:44am On Feb 17, 2009
I can't imagine discussing my political ambitions on a public Internet
forum.

I'm not for or against this guy but I still wonder what the noise is
about.

Does the constitution allow him? Is he of age? Does he have any
criminal indictment?

Saying he should not contest cos his father did not perform as governor
or that he lived large when his father was there is HOGWASH.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MT: 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2009

@MT
I assume "he lost his password or got banned" along with his retinue of sycophants as well.

This was simply a bait to draw DAPOLAM sycophants out of their hidden places.
It was amazing how they swallowed it line and sinker. DAPOLAM sycophants dissapeared from Nairaland along with dapo himself until I wrote that quoted statement, and suddenly they re-surfaced. How strange!. How political malnourished these people are!. This shows how easy they can be manipulated wink

@olanajim
Dapolam was not banned. I presumed He just choose to focus on more important matter

Thank you for letting us know the situation of things, as I presume you are his Image breaker, oops, sorry maker. However, what do u call a person that accepts challenges publicly but later dissapears without any notice or trace?. Coward .
I suppose we need courageous people, maverick in the Federal House Of Assembly and not lilly liver.

@akinalabi
I'm not for or against this guy but I still wonder what the noise is about.

We already know where you tilt. You do not sound like a neutral. Should you need to be reminded, the noise is all about DAPOLAM defending/justifying his manifestos, as well as proving to us that he has what it takes to effect the "changes" he is clamouring for.

@akinalabi
I can't imagine discussing my political ambitions on a public Internet
forum

It shows you are still practising "Amala Politics". You need to learn the principles of modern politics. Even, Obama creates a website for his campaign. If you need your campaign to have such a penetrating reach, you must embrace the internet technology.

@olanajim
It is time the thread die natural death.

Definitely this thread will die a natural death. There is no better time than now , but just be aware that it will drag Dapo's ambition with it into the "grave". His campaign has taken a nose dive into the abyss. cry

Besides, it will surprise you the reach of this thread globally !.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by akinalabi(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
MT:

We already know where you tilt. You do not sound like a neutral. Should you need to be reminded, the noise is all about DAPOLAM defending/justifying his manifestos, as well as proving to us that he has what it takes to effect the "changes" he is clamouring for.

It shows you are still practising "Amala Politics". You need to learn the principles of modern politics. Even, Obama creates a website for his campaign. If you need your campaign to have such a penetrating reach, you must embrace the internet technology.

Even though I grew up in Ibadan, I've never seen Dapo in my life. I
cant recognize him if I see him.

I dont like or hate him. I dont have any problems with him. If he is
legally qualified, why raise dust here?

Well, I agree he was "wrong" to appear and then abandon his defence
here but he shouldnt have been here in the first place.

Having a website and embracing Internet technology is a different kettle
of fish. Its different from coming to a public forum where different people
will come under faceless IDs to lambast you.

I didnt see Obama in a public online forum in the build up to his campaign.

Maybe I'm wrong sha. . .
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olanajim(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
@mt,
you can hear yourself. Can't you? You said it was a bait. Yet, it ran more than two pages. Read your post again and tell a fool it was a bait let him believe you. You and others thought Dapolam was banned and you almost celebrated it. Until I drew your attention to it. Dapo was not banned. He was not even a regular poster until that post was made.

As for calling me his image maker, that was a sign of frustration from your path. You should check my status and see when last I posted on nairaland. You could have said I was banned too. We can't all agree on issues. We must learn to respect other people's opinions without insulting their sensibility and without making them look inferior to us in reasoning.

So to your question, I am not dapolam image maker. I met dapo on this thread and have had seen how he tried to assure us of his sincerity. I am not going to pretend about my impression of him and I am not going to condemn his past or castigate him for his father's sin. I can tell you however that no man can predict another man's destiny with absolute conviction. You can not judge them either.

Who will have predicted Obj to come back from his ota farm to rule this country for the second time in spite of his antecedent? He was against June 12 and he was also against his own kinsmen. Yet, he ruled for 8 years!

If dapolam is destined for the post, who are you or me to stop God from executing His plan? So many times, controversial people have won elections and are still winning. What can you than to take your chance when you have the opportunity to know what they stand for? Man, try and grow up. The men who made our civilisation possible were those who went wrong, did wrong, and made effort at making redress. People you consider a failure today can be your boss tomorrow.

@akinalabi,
That was a good point. But dapolam, from what I saw on this thread didn't start it. A guy picked on facebook and then stir the controversy.

You also on fb, try and find out.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by BOSS7: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ Olanajim and akinlabi

What's all these fuss about? No one is against Dapo but it's a shame that he tries to rule a people and he's running away from these same people. We know quite alright that PHCN palaver has not stoppped him from posting on here because he's been pretty active on facebook.

Forget he name-calling and let Dapo answer the damn questions. There's nothing wrong in asking him questions publicly if he's vying for a pubic post, is there? This is not about his father but to question what credibility he has and also we need to see through him as well as hear his manifesto not none of them "Que Sera sera" mumjo-jumbo we hear every now and then from him.

That's what everyone here is about and noone is yelling at him. Don't you think it's quite rude asking questions on Nairaland and you going elsewhere to respond to them? The traces he leaves behind would be traced back to him someday - definitely.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olanajim(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2009
@boss,
my comment was anchored upon the comment made by MT that I am dapolam sycophant. He was like "everyone that is lenient to dapolam is a sycophant or an image maker." You know that is ridiculous. Let call a spade a spade. He was just being provocative.

I have seen people with enough negative mentality on this forum and had to be careful in how I deal with them.

Ok. Dapolam is not suitable. Dapolam father didn't perform well when he was gov. Dapolam is going to end like others etc.

Does that solve any problem? Isn't this why Nigeria can't move foward?

You know someone was not fit and you are better at the job. But you are not ready to do it or offer to help those who can do it. Where will that lead the country?

If MT and others who believe they can do better can just throw themselves into the ring and serve the people instead of being an armchair critics, our country will move forward.

Obama believed he can do better. He has no money. He was not given a chance even in the primary. But he made himself heard. He threw himself into the contest and people saw what they wanted and voted him.

These guys should learn from him. If you know someone isn't the right man for the job do what Obama did and enter the ring. Or do what Collin powel did and endorse, not just by word, but by actively working for the right man.

That way, we would appreciate you more.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olanajim(m): 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2009
So boss is also on fb? Why not link up with me? You know how to do it, don't you?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MT: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2009

@akinalabi
Well, I agree he was "wrong" to appear and then abandon his defence

Thank you.

@akinalabi
Having a website and embracing Internet technology is a different kettle
of fish. Its different from coming to a public forum where different people
will come under faceless IDs to lambast you.

I didnt see Obama in a public online forum in the build up to his campaign.

Maybe I'm wrong sha. . .

Well you are WRONG!. Obama took his campaign to blogs & fora. Infact he has 16 of such where he took his campaign to. Maybe you click on his campaign website : http://www.barackobama.com/index.php   {just scroll downward and you will see OBAMA EVERYWHERE at your right hand side}

@Olanajim
You said it was a bait. Yet, it ran more than two pages

Well, you just got it wrong. I was actually referring to post no 707, which was just two lines. That was the bait!

@Olanajim
1.)  You and others thought Dapolam was banned and you almost celebrated it
2.)  Dapolam was not banned
3.) If MT and others who believe they can do better can just throw themselves into the ring
4.)  Who will have predicted Obj to come back from his ota farm to rule this country for the second time in spite of his antecedent?
5.)  If dapolam is destined for the post, who are you or me to stop God from executing His plan?
6.)  Obama believed he can do better. He has no money
7.)  So to your question, I am not dapolam image maker
8.)  Man, try and grow up

1.)  I challenge you to copy and paste my post where I made a definite statement that DAPOLAM was banned.

2.)  That was a definite statement from someone who must be in the know. You did not write that "Dapolam MIGHT have been banned". You were so specific. Try and revise that grammar again please. Isnt that the work of an Image breaker, oh sorry, maker?. I dont want to believe that ur english let you down. undecided

3.) I have never claimed that I can do it better. If you feel I did , feel free to quote me. But you need to be educated that there are places for CRITICS on a political landscape. Not all CRITICS could be best leaders, but they still have their places and roles in politics.

4.) If that is still your political orientation, I must tell you that Nigerians are tired of the quality of election that produced the likes of OBJ. Try and move with tide

5.) Typical Nigerian mentality. In their desperate bid to force a candidate down the throat of the electorates, they lean on God as their last resolve. Or has God told you personally that He is the one in action ?.  cheesy

6.) Try and read more about International Politics. Who says Obama is a poor man??

7.) With this degree of aggression in your write-up,  it takes someone out of this world to believe your word.

8.) Gbam!. This is frustration at its full bloom wink
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
All this, just to get a political-hopeful to answer questions necessary to gauge his qualification for the job? WOW!!

I really pray for Nigeria. As long as some of us continue to fight others, instead of fighting to make sure we elect the RIGHT People into office, I am afraid we will continue to see the same group of people swindle us for years to come.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by BOSS7: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
akinalabi:

I disagree with you as far as the above comment is concerned. You cannot say he shouldn't have been here in the first place. Why should he ignore Nairaland as a campaign front?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Sauron1: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
I still can't fathom out the fuss here.

Dapolam prefers facebook to Nairaland. . . . . Isn't that his choice??
Maybe he doesn't get battered on facebook like some posters are doing here.
Someone said we cannot serve FATHER and serve SON in Oyo State. . . . . .Do y'all serve God and abandon Jesus?? cheesy grin

I don't even know who Dapolam is but people should allow him to go for it.
He is not asking for money here. . . . . .He is only asking for y'all votes(i.e Ibadan residents).
So whatz the huffing n puffing about?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Dapolam prefers facebook to Nairaland. . . . . Isn't that his choice??
Since when?
~Sauron~:

Maybe he doesn't get battered on facebook like some posters are doing here.
And that means what?
~Sauron~:

Someone said we cannot serve FATHER and serve SON in Oyo State. . . . . .Do y'all serve God and abandon Jesus?? cheesy grin
I don't even know who Dapolam is but people should allow him to go for it.
Why?  Is that the new rule you want in your Democracy? To allow anyone, who you pity, your vote?
~Sauron~:

He is not asking for money here. . . . . .He is only asking for y'all votes(i.e Ibadan residents).
Ok… Well… He is asking for votes, they are in turn asking him to prove he is worth the votes. What part of that continues to elude you?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by BOSS7: 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ ~Sauron~

Hahaahah, you make me laugh. He doesn't prefer either. He's intentionally abandoned Nairaland because he gets battered and cannot delete posts at will as compared to facebook where he could combine force with his parlie admin and they could cherry-pick posts. By the way, he's being bombarded on facebook as well and if you think he's having it easy here, try his thread on facebook and also another group was created as I mentioned earlier (above or the earlier page) titled, "Dapolam the deception of 2011" (also in facebook).
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MT: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2009

@Sauron

You have asked this question previously and I have provided the response. Do I need to write it in spanish
Read it again

@MT
There is nothing wrong in him contesting but dont you still see reason in the electorates questioning him of what he is bringing on board ?. He brings his campaign here and we simply ask him what he has got to offer, as well as his track record, political antecedents & experience.
Are those too much to ask?

Ibadan North East which is part of the consistuency that will vote for Dapolam is where I come from. Presently, the crops of  people that are representing my consistuency are big JOKES. Do you suggest I fold my arms to see the mistake repeating itself?. No way!. I am a stakeholder in 2011 election, if you must know.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toba1909(m): 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2009
MT:

Ibadan North East which is part of the consistuency that will vote for Dapolam is where I come from. Presently, the crops of  people that are representing my consistuency are big JOKES. Do you suggest I fold my arms to see the mistake repeating itself?. No way!. I am a stakeholder in 2011 election, if you must know.

Stakeholder my foot!
Alas, this is no amala politics; Where some pple call themselves stakeholders, elders et al.
Ain't you eyes wide opened when Hon Akinloye was rigged in to represent your constituency?
What was your role then?political thug or boy boy
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MT: 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2009

@MT,

Thats not name-calling. Thats a subtle way of saying I do not want to engage with you but DAPOLAM. He willingly accepted the debate without being forced.

@ Toba1909 :

The last time you crossed my path, the quoted line above was my response and the last time I checked I could still remember that I have not broken my rule of not engaging with e-thugs, e-hooligans for whatsoever reason it might be.

I therefore refuse to descend to your level. I will not be dragged into replying or quoting any part of your statement because it will amount to exercise in futility. The mental prowess to process my response is simply not there for you.

When I see an intellectual miles away, I can smell them and engage them. As a matter of policy, I do not engage an e-tout. I will just allow you to pass.

My apologies if this hurts wink
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toba1909(m): 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2009
MT:

@ Toba1909 :

The last time you crossed my path, the quoted line above was my response and the last time I checked I could still remember that I have not broken my rule of not engaging with e-thugs, e-hooligans for whatsoever reason it might be.

I therefore refuse to descend to your level. I will not be dragged into replying or quoting any part of your statement because it will amount to exercise in futility. The mental prowess to process my response is simply not there for you.

When I see an intellectual miles away, I can smell them and engage them. As a matter of policy, I do not engage an e-tout. I will just allow you to pass.

My apologies if this hurts wink

What have e-tout, e-hooligans has to do with answering a simple question
It's simple and clear; What are u then?

You've not written anything that will hurt me whatsoever, as i myself have chosen not to reply to any post here again; If you can recollect vividly.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Auxgee: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
Dapo

I am very impressed with the humility and maturity with which you dispelled the overwhelming outpour of hostile criticism on your person and your ambition. You clarified all the unflattering assumptions about your person in a straightforward and unambigous manner- this is very untypical of the current crop of Nigerian politicians. If you are the face of the new-generation politicians in Nigeria then I am filled with hope. I for one have become a believer and will no doubt be supporting your bid in anyway that I can and I pray that God the almighty sees you through.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
Another First-Time-Nairaland-POSTER-Come-To-Dapolams-Rescue ALERT!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Sauron1: 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Since when?

Human Right Act. . . . .Freedom of movement.
It's his choice to either come here n post or abandon NL>

And that means what?

And that means y'all should stop crucifying him because his last name is Adesina.

Why?  Is that the new rule you want in your Democracy? To allow anyone, who you pity, your vote?

The law allows every citizen of Nigeria that are legally qualified. . . . .His last name should not be a barrier.

Ok… Well… He is asking for votes, they are in turn asking him to prove he is worth the votes. What part of that continues to elude you?

And that means people should batter him to a pulp while they ask him to prove he is worth the votes??
So why is the issue of his father coming up if this was really about him proving himself??
Buncha hypocritical twits!!

B.O.S.S.:

@ ~Sauron~
Hahaahah, you make me laugh. He doesn't prefer either. He's intentionally abandoned Nairaland because he gets battered and cannot delete posts at will as compared to facebook where he could combine force with his parlie admin and they could cherry-pick posts. By the way, he's being bombarded on facebook as well and if you think he's having it easy here, try his thread on facebook and also another group was created as I mentioned earlier (above or the earlier page) titled, "Dapolam the deception of 2011" (also in facebook).

U guys should just take it easy with him. Put yourself in his shoes.
How many people can he answer at once?? Everyone of you have 30 different questions to ask him and he's prolly running a lot of things in the real world as well. He cannot be by his computer everyday.

MT:

You have asked this question previously and I have provided the response. Do I need to write it in spanish  
Read it again

I cannot see your response. U might have to print it again for me to see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Starving - Dino Melaye Shares Video Of People Scrambling For Bags / Tinubu And Osinbajo Exchange Pleasantries At The State Box During APC Primary / Governor Sanwo-olu Filmed Licking Ice Cream In The Mall As He Campaigns For Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.