Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,489 members, 7,944,422 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:06 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (50249 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
XKZ:

This is the most irresponsible statement I've heard since Year2000 (from someone who is not a politician).
Please, how old are you?

If a man is so sure he doesn't want children he shouldn't have sex or go get a vasectomy. He has no right to be making irrational demands when the horse has left the barn.

Simple!!!! That vasectomy is even better.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: ok...

are u saying Roe v Wade was about abotion of r@pe product.. grin

Hmmmm.....

Roe vs. Wade? You think this was started by the feminist movement, eh?

Prior to Roe vs Wade abortion was outright illegal in every state, but two ( New York, and some other state, I forget). Roe sought only to reform the Abortion laws at first, but didn't settle until it was repealed. She based her arguments on medical health, and her right to privacy.

Roe constantly reasoned from the stance of medical science, and the nation's doctors who'd come to view the illegal "black market" abortions nationwide as a public health risk in need of urgent address ended up coming to support it. Public health activists and doctors played an important role, and at first neither women nor fetuses featured prominently in Roe vs. Wade as the medical standpoint was discussed.

It wasn't until much later that women's groups addressed the subject of my earlier posts, and introduced the angle of their right to control their own bodies and lives; to have their voices and decisions treated with respect; and to participate as equals in private and public life.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Simple!!!! That vasectomy is even better.

Better? How?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: Even though I'm pro choice,I do not think abortion is something that should be seen as common place and neither should a man proffer it as a solution to a lady he impregnated if that's not what she wants.
It's a huge decision and one she has to make because she wants to and not because the man wants her to.

According to planned parenthood... you have nothing to fear

How Safe Are In-Clinic Abortion Procedures?
Safety is an important and common concern for women. In-clinic abortion procedures are very safe. But there are risks with any medical procedure. The risks increase the longer you are pregnant. They also increase if you have sedation or general anesthesia. Possible risks include

- an allergic reaction
- blood clots in the uterus
- incomplete abortion — part of the pregnancy is left inside the uterus
- failure to end the pregnancy
- infection
- injury to the cervix or other organs
- undetected ectopic pregnancy
- very heavy bleeding

Most often, these complications are simple to treat with medicine or other treatments.
Even though in-clinic abortion procedures are generally very safe, in extremely rare cases, serious complications may be fatal. To understand this risk, it may help to compare it to the risk of childbirth:
The risk of death from childbirth is 11 times greater than the risk of death from an abortion procedure during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy.
After 20 weeks, the risk of death from childbirth and abortion are about the same.

Overall, the risk of death from abortion increases the longer a woman has been pregnant.
Serious complications may have warning signs. Call your health care provider right away if you have
very heavy bleeding — if you pass clots larger than a lemon or soak through more than two maxi pads an hour, for two hours or more in a row
severe pain or discomfort that is not helped by medication, rest, a hot water bottle, or a heating pad
chills and a fever of 100.4°F or higher after the day of the procedure
nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhe that lasts more than 24 hours
an unpleasant, smelly discharge from your vagina
signs that you are still pregnant

- See more at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/abortion/in-clinic-abortion-procedures/#sthash.0UT1l9aC.dpuf
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
datalossvictim1:
No it is not the case of every unwanted pregnancy. There are women and men who make no mention of any precaution.

so you mean a woman doesn't know she should take care of the debris after the deed has been done? that precaution wasn't mentioned doesn't stop a woman from using morning after pills - that's just irresponsibility on her part.

They just have careless sex. In contrast, there are men who make precaution but the woman fails to act thus being careless. Because a woman is foolish does not mean the man should suffer the child.

the baby doesn't appear immediately after sex, does it? there are about 9 months to decide what to do. at this point, the man's control is non-existent. only the woman can control what happens at this point so if she carries the baby to term then it's premeditated. it's not an accident!

When dealing with human life there has to be that consideration that shows your human side. You cannot simply put a child in the bin because you did not want it. Surely in life there are situations that require us to sacrifice our wants.

hahahaha.....
i am certain you have never seen abandoned newborns dumped in nigeria. surely, this method is better than just taking morning after pills immediately after the deed was done, isn't it?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
pro01:
Yezzir. . .my homeboy. You see how these lasses want to foist gbese on a man's head? God no go gree. Abi I resemble Tuface?

Lol. I dey see o. If no be say I been get plans and love for my woman, na partnership tins we for dey do. Most of the women on here are only overly emotional.

How's your side?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Godson201333(m): 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nothing can work out fine in Nigeria,Bt abroad yes,Your greatest mistake is impregnating a lady that ya not gonna marry...I swear ya gonna pay child support for the rest of your fucking life..
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
Yet she later tried to overturn it

I will give u wiki links as this discussion is becominh hydra headed
She was supported by female activists?
They used her and dumped her
She was a means to an end

She regrets her role in this matter

In 1969, at the age of 21, while working low-paying jobs and living with her father, McCorvey became pregnant a third time. She returned to Dallas, where friends advised her to assert falsely that she had been raped, as she would then be eligible to obtain a legal abortion (with the understanding that Texas's pro-life laws allowed abortion in the cases of rape and incest). Due to lack of police evidence or documentation, the scheme was not successful and McCorvey would later admit the situation was a fabrication.[11][12] She attempted to obtain an illegal abortion, but the respective clinics had been closed down by authorities.
Eventually, McCorvey was referred to attorneys Linda Coffee and Sarah Weddington,[13][14] who were looking for pregnant women that were seeking an abortion. Whenever she told the lawyers that she was a lesbian, they were disappointed, so she also lied and told them that she was raped. She signed the papers, and thus began Roe v. Wade. The case took three years of trials to reach the United States Supreme Court, and Norma never attended even one trial. In the meantime, McCorvey had given birth to the baby in question, who was eventually adopted.[3]
McCorvey revealed herself to the press as being "Jane Roe" soon after the decision's issuance and stated that she sought an abortion because she was unemployable and greatly depressed.[15] In the 1980s, McCorvey asserted that she had been the "pawn" of two young and ambitious lawyers (Weddington and Coffee) who were looking for a plaintiff with whom they could challenge the Texas state law prohibiting abortion.[16]

In February 2005, McCorvey petitioned the Supreme Court to overturn the 1973 decision with McCorvey v. Hill, arguing that the case should be heard once again in light of evidence that the procedure harms women, but the petition was denied.
On January 22, 2008, McCorvey endorsed Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. McCorvey stated, "I support Ron Paul for president because we share the same goal, that of overturning Roe v. Wade. He has never wavered on the issue of being pro-life and has a voting record to prove it. He understands the importance of civil liberties for all, including the unborn."[22]
McCorvey is still active in pro-life demonstrations including one she participated in before President Barack Obama's commencement address to the graduates of the Catholic University of Notre Dame. The decision to have Obama speak at the university on May 17, 2009, was met with controversy because of the conflict between his views on abortion and those of the Catholic Church. She was arrested on the first day of U.S. Senate hearings for the confirmation to the Supreme Court of the United States of Sonia Sotomayor after she and another protester started yelling during the opening statement of Senator Al Franken (D-Minn.).[23]

Norma_McCorvey on wikipedia (Roe)

EnlightenedSoul:

Roe vs. Wade? You think this was started by the feminist movement, eh?

Prior to Roe vs Wade abortion was outright illegal in every state, but two ( New York, and some other state, I forget). Roe sought only to reform the Abortion laws at first, but didn't settle until it was repealed. She based her arguments on medical health, and her right to privacy.

Roe constantly reasoned from the stance of medical science, and the nation's doctors who'd come to view the illegal "black market" abortions nationwide as a public health risk in need of urgent address ended up coming to support it. Public health activists and doctors played an important role, and at first neither women nor fetuses featured prominently in Roe vs. Wade as the medical standpoint was discussed.

It wasn't until much later that women's groups addressed the subject of my earlier posts, and introduced the angle of their right to control their own bodies and lives; to have their voices and decisions treated with respect; and to participate as equals in private and public life.

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

so you mean a woman doesn't know she should take care of the debris after the deed has been done? that precaution wasn't mentioned doesn't stop a woman from using morning after pills - that's just irresponsibility on her part.

the baby doesn't appear immediately after sex, does it? there are about 9 months to decide what to do. at this point, the man's control is non-existent. only the woman can control what happens at this point so if she carries the baby to term then it's premeditated. it's not an accident!

hahahaha.....
i am certain you have never seen abandoned newborns dumped in nigeria. surely, this method is better than just taking morning after pills immediately after the deed was done, isn't it?

Your views on abortion are different to mine. I respect that murderer grin. [size=4pt]I'm joking o[/size] Also, there is no 100% contraception whether she swallows pills or not.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Better? How?

Oooohhhhhhhh.
You see yourself So you can question vasectomy but support abortion. Hypocrisy at its peak!!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Oooohhhhhhhh.
You see yourself So you can question vasectomy but support abortion. Hypocrisy at its peak!!

I asked you a simple question. Why you so hyper?
How's vasectomy better than abortion?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

the law doesn't have to be fair to be enforced. the law once backed slavery - does that make it fair back then? put the law aside for a moment and apply logic.

a man's control ceases even before fertilization. he cannot control anything once his seeds are out. the woman can still take pills and if she's too religious, it then begs the question - why was she having premarital sex?

even if she's against abortion, there's still an option.....instead of making the poor bloke look irresponsible, why not just give up the child for adoption & spare the man the hassles?
You dey mind hypocrites? They can fvck freely but not abort.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

According to planned parenthood... you have nothing to fear

I'm even more about the emotional aspect of it.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by ablyguy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Your views on abortion are different to mine. I respect that murderer grin. [size=4pt]I'm joking o[/size] Also, there is no 100% contraception whether she swallows pills or not.

and the next step is to force parenthood on the man that has made it known he's not ready for a baby? cheesy cheesy cheesy. just because she feels strongly about abortion?

amazing use of logic you got there.....

fresh_dude: You dey mind hypocrites? They can fvck freely but not abort.

you didn't get the memo?
fücking indiscriminately is a pardonable sin in heaven but taking pills to flush the debris isn't. grin
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy:
I'm even more about the emotional aspect of it.

there is nothing to fear
According to abortion advocate those clump of cells are just like a small clot of blood ...
Nothin to it.. snip snip

You say u r prochoice...u should know this

wink

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

I asked you a simple question. Why you so hyper?
How's vasectomy better than abortion?

Where in my comment that i say its better than abortion? Did you see it in my comment? NOOOOOO. Why are you questioning vasectomy if abortion is absolutely nothing to you?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Where in my comment that i say its better than abortion? Did you see it in my comment? NOOOOOO. Why are you questioning vasectomy if abortion is absolutely nothing to you?

Let me make this easier for you;

Is vasectomy better than abortion?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: Yet she later tried to overturn it

Yes, but that is beside the point. The fact is, it wasn't a feminist movement to begin with, and when the feminists came around they were concerned with rights.

The suitable period of abortion was discussed at the medical level, and was decreed to occur within the first trimester. There was no feminist opinion on whether or not abortion was murder. That argument is a matter of personal opinion, and thats the reason pro-life and pro-choice opinions are so rampant and different, even among feminists.

Pro-choice in essence gives you a choice. If one believes abortion is murder, she has the choice and right not to partake in it. If she doesn't, then that is also her choice. It it no way conflicts with being a feminist.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by DSuperWoman(f): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
How can u even think of writting such a thing. Wen u were fucking n it was sweeting u, u did not know now u want the lady to get an abortion and stand the risk of death or barreness abi? My dear if a woman decides to keep the baby the man shuld pay for child support period (only a coward will run awAy from his ...)
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
Funny.
Pro choice is not about the dispensability of the foetus.
There are good reasons why a woman may want to abort.
R@pe
Incest
Health risks
Deformed foetus
Etc etc. Pro choice means that for any of these reasons,a woman reserves that right to terminate the pregnancy if she so wishes.
You see there just two sides and no inbetween.pro lifers can't say 'I'm pro life but... If any of the above should occur,then the woman may consider termination. That's one foot here and the other foot there.
Pro life should mean under no circumstance can abortion be considered.

I admit that the pro choice stand is subject to abuse. That's people having abortions just because they can. But then almost everything is subject to abuse.

Either ways it's always a huge loss for any woman who's had an abortion. It shouldn't be made light of

pickabeau1:

there is nothing to fear
According to abortion advocate those clump of cells are just like a small clot of blood ...
Nothin to it.. snip snip

You say u r prochoice...u should know this

wink

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

and the next step is to force parenthood on the man that has made it known he's not ready for a baby? cheesy cheesy cheesy. just because she feels strongly about abortion?

amazing use of logic you got there.....

you didn't get the memo?
fücking indiscriminately is a pardonable sin in heaven but taking pills to flush the debris isn't. grin

It is not about forcing parenthood on anyone. I am simply stating what I think should happen. You disagree, some agree. End of smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy:

Either ways it's always a huge loss for any woman who's had an abortion.

Not if she didn't want the baby in the first place. It's a relief for many.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by XKZ(m): 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Why the comparison?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
datalossvictim1:
It is not about forcing parenthood on anyone. I am simply stating what I think should happen. You disagree, some agree. End of smiley

what you think should happen doesn't answer the OP's concern. is it fair for the man to be forced to pay for a child he clearly stated he didn't want?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
ok... no worries...

EnlightenedSoul:

Yes, but that is beside the point. The fact is, it wasn't a feminist movement to begin with, and when the feminists came around they were concerned with the right to exercise it.

The suitable period of abortion was discussed at the medical level, and was decreed to occur within the first trimester. There was no feminist opinion on whether or not abortion was murder. That argument is a matter of personal opinion, hence the pro-life and pro-choice opinions are rampant, even among feminists.

Pro-choice in essence gives you a choice. If one believes abortion is murder, that is her choice not to partake in it. If she doesn't, she has the right to it, and it is her choice. It it no way conflicts with being a feminist.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Let me make this easier for you;

Answer that yourself. If you see nothing wrong in abortion, you should see nothing in vasectomy. Arent both done to prevent pregnancies? pffffft.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
My dear.. u r bringing sentiment into this matter

According to the prochoicers..The thing is not a person but clumps of blood

Go n read up.. medical abortion or abortion of r@pe was not the issue... it was that right to abort at will
EnlightenedSoul can school u

I wonder why all the sentiment...

cococandy: Funny.
Pro choice is not about the dispensability of the foetus.
There are good reasons why a woman may want to abort.
R@pe
Incest
Health risks
Deformed foetus
Etc etc. Pro choice means that for any of these reasons,a woman reserves that right to terminate the pregnancy if she so wishes.
You see there just two sides and no inbetween.pro lifers can't say 'I'm pro life but... If any of the above should occur,then the woman may consider termination. That's one foot here and the other foot there.
Pro life should mean under no circumstance can abortion be considered.

I admit that the pro choice stand is subject to abuse. That's people having abortions just because they can. But then almost everything is subject to abuse.

Either ways it's always a huge loss for any woman who's had an abortion. It shouldn't be made light of

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
XKZ:

Why the comparison?

Why not the comparison ? Someone brought vasectomy up in their post.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Answer that yourself. If you see nothing wrong in abortion, you should see nothing in vasectomy. Arent both done to prevent pregnancies? pffffft.

I see absolutely nothing wrong in vasectomy.

I asked you the question to see if you'd shoot yourself in the foot by saying vasectomy is better.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: ok... no worries...

Loll makes sense now, yes? grin
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

what you think should happen doesn't answer the OP's concern. is it fair for the man to be forced to pay for a child he clearly stated he didn't want?

Re-read my first post. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply)

Woman Speaks In Tongues As Her Son Returns To Nigeria After 13 Years In US / How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: / Kenyan Couple Who Wore T-shirts To Their Simple Wedding Welcome Bouncing Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.