Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,098 members, 7,909,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:51 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (50114 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: My dear.. u r bringing sentiment into this matter

According to the prochoicers..The thing is not a person but clumps of blood

Go n read up.. medical abortion or abortion of r@pe was not the issue... it was that right to abort at will
EnlightenedSoul can school u

I wonder why all the sentiment...

Actually pickabeau, it was all the above!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Why not the comparison ? Someone brought vasectomy up in their post.

when people run out of meaningful things to say, they come up with ridiculous assertions. vasectomy is an option for both sexes - it's not exclusive to the men alone. abortion, taking the pill, etc are exclusive to women & women alone.....so the vasectomy point is brainless.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

you didn't get the memo?
fücking indiscriminately is a pardonable sin in heaven but taking pills to flush the debris isn't. grin
Lol
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
Like it or not,it involves sentiments
That much is real.
pickabeau1: My dear.. u r bringing sentiment into this matter

According to the prochoicers..The thing is not a person but clumps of blood

Go n read up.. medical abortion or abortion of r@pe was not the issue... it was that right to abort at will
EnlightenedSoul can school u

I wonder why all the sentiment...

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
datalossvictim1:
Re-read my first post. smiley

there's nothing to read there - you are free to go!

fresh_dude: Lol

the same nigerians that are condemning abortion are the same ones dumping the babies in lagos lagoon - they will rather birth the child & throw it away than do abortion.

the logic is hilarious!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

I see absolutely nothing wrong in vasectomy.

I asked you the question to see if you'd shoot yourself in the foot by saying vasectomy is better.

Shoot myself in the foot indeed! never did i say or will i say vasectomy is better than abortion. Gerrit? No need for comparisons. If there is no regard for the female anatomy, then there should be no regard for the male's. Kpomkwem.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Agreed to an extent.
But even when the baby wasn't wanted in the first place,there are consequences for it.
It may be the best option available to her. It doesn't mean that it is easy to deal with or that the woman's emotions weren't involved when she made such a huge decision.
BABE!:

Not if she didn't want the baby in the first place. It's a relief for many.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

the same nigerians that are condemning abortion are the same ones dumping the babies in lagos lagoon - they will rather birth the child & throw it away than do abortion.

the logic is hilarious!

shocked woow did I hurt you or something? I'm sorry if I did. smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Actually pickabeau, it was all the above!

Medical abortion was never an issue
Read up on Roe... she was told to lie she was raped so she can abort legally

Abortion for abortions sake was the hallmark of Roe v Wade

On your points... the discourse was on a self professing feminist calling abortion murder.. that was contradictory..

cococandy: Like it or not,it involves sentiments
That much is real.

is a woman atached to blood clots..... nah
Prochoicers call it blood clots..
No sentiment there

finis
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
datalossvictim1:

shocked woow did I hurt you or something? I'm sorry if I did. smiley

hubris!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by XKZ(m): 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

Why not the comparison ? Someone brought vasectomy up in their post.

With a vasectomy someone has made a choice and is doing what is necessary to achieve it.
Whereas forcing someone else to have an abortion is moving the responsibility for his choice and actions to someone else.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

the logic is hilarious!

When I say women are overly emotionally beings, they call me a man.

No one has been able to give a logical reason to why abortion is "bad".
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
ablyguy:

You didn't answer it jare. I gave two options. You chose neither.

Is that so? Sleep tight...

Dnt expect me to give you answers to suit your ears. I have spoken! shikena!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

hubris!

Are we fighting? shocked I hope not smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Sability(m): 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
Meestique: What's a man who's not mentally, physically nd financially able to support a child doing impregnating a woman?

Good question
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

you will never find the answer you seek - because there's none! vasectomy was brought up - can you imagine? why shouldn't the woman take that option of vasectomy instead of the man? where's the comparison?

men & women have to go back and reverse the vasectomy to become fertile again - the success rate is almost 50%. do women have to reverse an abortion process to become pregnant again? cheesy grin

the IQ of the average nigerian is around 20. cheesy
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
Its called turning the tables

When u use the same points they advocate against them... they start insultin

Some of them have started disclaiming abortion part of feminism yet forget mandatory child support is a result of this same movement

Hilarious lot

BABE!:

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
XKZ:

With a vasectomy someone has made a choice and is doing what is necessary to achieve it.
Whereas forcing someone else to have an abortion is moving the responsibility for his choice and actions to someone else.

No one can force a woman to have an abortion. It's her choice.

My argument is that a man shouldn't be forced to pay child support for a child he doesn't want to father. No one forced the chic to Keep the baby, so why force the man to pay child support?

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

No sentiment there

finis
Yes. Blood clots. Bunch of cells
Non viable outside the womb
Not taken the human shape or form
Not alive yet.

Is that the reason for the abortions? Hardly.

Is it possible to be attached to it? Definitely. The moment you think of it as your child it becomes one.
Even if you're pro choice,you will get attached to your foetus if you see it as your child.

That's why it's a big decision to be able to go ahead to have an abortion if it's the only solution.
I repeat it's not something to be toyed with.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by XKZ(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

No one can force a woman to have an abortion. It's her choice.

My argument is that a man shouldn't be forced to pay child support for a child he doesn't want to father. No one forced the chic to Keep the baby, so why force the man to pay child support?

And my argument is that the point of not fathering a child that has already been conceived should not arise. He fathered the child when he donated half of It's chromosomes.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
XKZ:

And my argument is that the point of not fathering a child that has already been conceived should not arise. He fathered the child when he donated half of It's chromosomes.

What child ? A couple of cells? Get real.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by XKZ(m): 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
BABE!:

What child ? A couple of cells? Get real.

L☺L
Seriously?!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sentiments
According to prochoicers and their scientists who have spoken and made it a fact
You need to learn more about this... grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/abortioninfo/misconce.shtml

his article refutes some common misconceptions about abortion.

Human life begins at conception.

There is no scientific consensus as to when human life begins. It is a matter of philosophic opinion or religious belief. Human life is a continuum---sperm and eggs are also alive, and represent potential human beings, but virtually all sperm and eggs are wasted. Also, two-thirds of human conceptions are spontaneously aborted by nature.

Abortion is the murder of a person.

Personhood at conception is a religious belief, not a provable biological fact.
Religious communities have differing ideas on the definition of "person" or when abortion is morally justified. In the Canadian courts, however, a fetus has consistently been found not to be a person with legal rights.

Abortion is morally wrong.

Most people reject the position that abortion is always wrong. In fact, abortion often has positive benefits for women's lives and health. Many people believe that bringing an unwanted child into the world is a crime, and that forcing a woman to have a child against her will is morally wrong. Many who are opposed to abortion for religious or moral reasons believe that it is wrong to impose their values by civil law on everyone.

cococandy:
Yes. Blood clots. Bunch of cells
Non viable outside the womb
Not taken the human shape or form
Not alive yet.

Is that the reason for the abortions? Hardly.

Is it possible to be attached to it? Definitely. The moment you think of it as your child it becomes one.
Even if you're pro choice,you will get attached to your foetus if you see it as your child.

That's why it's a big decision to be able to go ahead to have an abortion if it's the only solution.
I repeat it's not something to be toyed with.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
XKZ:

no he didn't!
recreation and procreation are 2 different issues. sex between unmarried partners are almost always for recreational purposes. in consenting to any activity, one does not consent to yield to all the accidental outcomes that might flow from that activity......
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by XKZ(m): 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

no he didn't!
recreation and procreation are 2 different issues. sex between unmarried partners are almost always for recreational purposes. in consenting to any activity, one does not consent to yield to all the accidental outcomes that might flow from that activity......

And That's why he needs to get a vasectomy; to ensure that his sexual activities remain irrevocable recreational.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Medical abortion was never an issue
Read up on Roe... she was told to lie she was raped so she can abort legally

Abortion for abortions sake was the hallmark of Roe v Wade

On your points... the discourse was on a self professing feminist calling abortion murder.. that was contradictory..

No sentiment there

finis

On the topic of deformities and birth defects: women were not allowed to abort for those. Only when there was a high risk to the mother's life, and that option was only available by jurisdiction of a doctor.

Raaaped victims were verbally supported by law, but not in practice and not by society. Due to the stigma, women would end up having it done illegally anyway for the discretion, and for protection from all the victim-blaming and shunning. There's a reason she didn't lie and say she was raaaped.

These were just a few of the reasons reform was pushed for in the first place. Feminists came by much later on the issue of rights.

How can you say that about pro-choicers when I just explained to you that pro-choicers can be anti abortion! Pro-lifers are clearly the unreasonable ones here, both from the medical and societal standpoint.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by XKZ(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:
in consenting to any activity, one does not consent to yield to all the accidental outcomes that might flow from that activity......

Why are companies liable for injuries to their staff while on the job?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
XKZ:
And That's why he needs to get a vasectomy; to ensure that his sexual activities remain irrevocable recreational.

this option is open to her as well. why can't she get vasectomy. you will have to find a birth control method a guy can use that is not applicable to women & there's none.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by DSuperWoman(f): 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
If you don't want the child, don't f**k the woman simple. Meanwhile for peeps that want to know if you can have sex while pregnant. http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/07/can-i-have-sex-while-im-pregnant.html?m=1
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
I had to laugh at the bolded... lets not make this a pro life vs pro choice
\you dont need to explain the merits of each stance to me
If u have been following the debate, i stated it was contradictory a self professing feminist equated abortion to murder
You cant murder a lifeless being

It just re affirms what i have always said.. our web feminists dont have a clue of the ideology they profess

However I agree with u on the stigma especially in lower income areas

grin grin grin

EnlightenedSoul:

On the topic of deformities and birth defects: women were not allowed to abort for those. Only when there was a high risk to the mother's life, and that option was only available by jurisdiction of a doctor.

Raped victims were verbally supported by law, but in practice and not by society. Due to the stigma, women would end up having it done illegally anyway for the discretion, and protection from victim-blaming and shunning.

There's a reason she didn't lie. There was a wish to reform for the listed reasons, and more.Feminists came by much later on the issue of rights.

How can you say that about pro-choicers when I just explained to you that pro-choicers can be anti abortion! Pro-lifers are clearly the unreasonable ones here, both from the medical and societal standpoint.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

this option is open to her as well. why can't she get vasectomy. you will have to find a birth control method a guy can use that is not applicable to women & there's none.

Spermicides? grin
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by XKZ(m): 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

She's not the one who decided she doesn't want to mother a child.
The man might as well have patronised a prostitute (or someone he was sure is not interested in mothering).

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (43) (Reply)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / PHOTO: Man Who Abandoned Wife For Having 3 Set Of Twins Returns Home / Una Wey Una Mama No Born Plenty Pikin No Know Wetin God Do For Una.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.