Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,904 members, 7,973,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:19 AM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (50381 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2014
It's funny that I don't question your reasons for being non feminist. At least I understand that you may have a reason if you've experienced male gender suppression.

But you think you have an opinion about my feminism even when you have no idea why I chose to be.

Do the insults make you feel smarter?
Enjoy yourself.
BABE!:

You? Feminist? cheesy

You're one of those clueless females I mentioned yesterday. Nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2014
You don't know much about western laws yet carry a western ideology undecided undecided

On the bright side you are amenable to discourse unlike many
I agree with review

However I still put it to u u don't know much about this ideology u profess

ask damiso who studied it academically

cococandy:

I confront issues as they affect me, that's why you see me not talk too much about the west and their gender equality laws. I can't argue with someone who lives there and experiences it first hand.

The thing is instead of complaining that one gender has a movement dedicated to it's betterment,you should be very glad that you don't need one such movement in this part of the world where men are kings and the women are struggling to breathe.
(well unless you're now living in the west where one is being made to believe that men are oppressed)
If that's case pls accept my sympathy.

Here's what I think. Women's right activists made it possible for the law to take care of kids abandoned with their mothers by their fathers.
Maybe there are loopholes in the law which allows individual judges to manipulate it at will.

What's the solution?
Instead of scrapping it and making innocent kids suffer alike,it should be reviewed and made to apply to only the men who the kids are theirs biologically.
If some of these judges are men,it begs the question why?
Is this about caring for the kids or more about the money?

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2014
carefreewannabe: Coogar, tell us how much child support a woman gets for a child. You seem to be perfectly informed.

it's calculated based on the man's income. it then means a woman can premeditate a sex act during her ovulation to sleep with mïkel obi for the purpose of getting pregnant. she knows mikel earns £70,000 per week. of course, her child support income per week will not be less than £15,000 pcm

that's not premeditation?

Mondisweets: so if you know that there are psychotic women that premeditate it, why are you stupid enough to have sex with them?

psychosis isn't written on the forehead. both partners should be honest with each other. if the man clearly states he's not interested in having a child before the act, there's no reason the woman should open her legs for him if he cannot go through abortion or the 20 other birth control methods.

and she is likely to have mental, physical and psychological effects that will affect her wellbeing and health for the rest of her life, if she goes for the abortion.

then she should close her legs. unless she's räped, there's no excuse! women control who they have sex with and when they want sex. women also have the control of reproduction!

There is a chance that she might die during the abortion procedure itself.

this chance is 14 times magnified if she carries the baby to term.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

it should be scrapped!
if women know there's no money to be made from child support, they will make saner choices. of course, we are not talking about deadbeat dads who married & divorced and ran out of the marriage. we are talking about unmarried folks and in the extreme cases of paternity fraud.

no. If two people made a baby. Married or unmarried,they should bear the consequences together.they were both adults and knew what they were getting into

appeal which ruling? feminism brought equitable doctrine of estoppel into the equation. that doctrine states the court may hold that because i acted like a parent and permitted the child to rely upon me even though i'm a "stranger" to the child, i have adopted the biological or "real" parent's duty.

in other words, if i befriend a babymama and I was playing a fatherly role throughout our relationship, i could be held to keep providing child support for the child since the little boy has been made to rely on me. a very brilliant law except that it doesn't get enforced when a woman befriends a babyfather.

which is why it can be reviewed if you guys are serious about it

feminism is about equality? of course it is. grin

believe what you wish. As far as I'm concerned,it is needed here more than ever.

fight for what?
whenever men gather to hold these meetings about the sufferings they are experiencing from their partners, feminists go there and disrupt the meetings. grin

now you're making up stories
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 11:15am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: It's funny that I don't question your reasons for being non feminist. At least I understand that you may have a reason if you've experienced male gender suppression.

But you think you have an opinion about my feminism even when you have no idea why I chose to be.

Do the insults make you feel smarter?
Enjoy yourself.

don't take it personal. I'm sure you have many clues when it comes to non-feministic issues.

It's possible you're a very smart individual. But when it comes to feminist issues, I can't take anyone of you here seriously.

Weren't you the babe insulting panthar (before the e-tsunami) because she had a completely different opinion from you?
Now you're claiming church. Rich. grin
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

it's calculated based on the man's income. it then means a woman can premeditate a sex act during her ovulation to sleep with mïkel obi for the purpose of getting pregnant. she knows mikel earns £70,000 per week. of course, her child support income per week will not be less than £15,000 per week.

First of all, celebrities are NOT representative of the majority of people so I do NOT understand why NAIRALANDERS always choose celebrities to make a point.

Secondly, how many celebrities do you know that have kids they did not want?

Thirdly, how many women have the opportunity to sleep with a celebrity?

Fourthly, how many women have the opportunity to sleep with a celebrity during the fertile timespan?

Now let us talk about ordinary people:

I do not want to reveal too much of my privacy but in the European country where I am located, single mothers are one of the few groups of people most likely to suffer from POVERTY or to be endangered by living on the breadline. This is the reality for single mothers so let us stick to reality.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:21am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy:
no. If two people made a baby. Married or unmarried,they should bear the consequences together. they were both adults and knew what they were getting into

that is if they both agreed to have the baby from the outset. can a man apply for mortgage in his wife's name even when the wife isn't interested in it.....he still goes ahead with the application till it was approved...and then proceeded to use the court to force her to pay monthly payments?

why can't you see the unfairness here?

which is why it can be reviewed if you guys are serious about it

that's why it's called estoppel - it cannot be fought!

believe what you wish. As far as I'm concerned,it is needed here more than ever.

but you can understand why men can't stand it, right? grin

now you're making up stories

i kid you not! watch this video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodygTkTUYM

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2014
I don't need schooling.

Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending a state of equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women.

Is it a western ideology? Maybe because it was specifically given a name in the west. But world over women in developing countries have been fighting to be heard. Is that any different from the definition of feminism above? No.
So should we give our own another name because we don't want to identify with the west? Help me out with a suitable name.
Are there such gender inequalities in my society? YES!
So do I have a legitimate reason to support the cause? Of course

The things is that all these merry go round just seeks to distract from the real issues of oppressive inequality issues rampant here.

I'm sorry if men are oppressed in the west but it won't stop me from sticking to my guns about female emancipation here.

pickabeau1: You don't know much about western laws yet carry a western ideology undecided undecided

On the bright side you are amenable to discourse unlike many
I agree with review

However I still put it to u u don't know much about this ideology u profess

ask damiso who studied it academically

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

it's calculated based on the man's income. it then means a woman can premeditate a sex act during her ovulation to sleep with mïkel obi for the purpose of getting pregnant. she knows mikel earns £70,000 per week. of course, her child support income per week will not be less than £15,000 pcm

if you can prove that a woman is using the child support for her personal gain, why not institute an action of fraud against her? Again it only requires ordinary common sense!

psychosis isn't written on the forehead. both partners should be honest with each other. if the man clearly states he's not interested in having a child before the act, there's no reason the woman should open her legs for him if he cannot go through abortion or the 20 other birth control methods.
another reason why you should get to know who you are with before sleeping with her, instead of going up and down london opening the legs of anything in a dress!

then she should close her legs. unless she's räped, there's no excuse! women control who they have sex with and when they want sex. women also have the control of reproduction!
this chance is 14 times magnified if she carries the baby to term.
so are her chances of dying during the abortion procedure and the chances of her womb being badly damaged!

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2014
Trust me if I insulted you,you threw the first one.I don't insult people for having a different opinion.
I don't roll like that.
If you want to discuss with me,you've to put away high handedness,condescention and leave such words like clueless or any form of snides out of it.

You won't get any vitriols from me that way.

BABE!:

don't take it personal. I'm sure you have many clues when it comes to non-feministic issues.

It's possible you're a very smart individual. But when it comes to feminist issues, I can't take anyone of you here seriously.

Weren't you the babe insulting panthar (before the e-tsunami) because she had a completely different opinion from you?
Now you're claiming church. Rich. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: I don't need schooling.

Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending a state of equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women.

Is it a western ideology? Maybe because it was specifically given a name in the west. But world over women in developing countries have been fighting to be heard. Is that any different from the definition of feminism above? No.
So should we give our own another name because we don't want to identify with the west? Help me out with a suitable name.

The things is that all these merry go round just seeks to distract from the real issues of oppressive inequality issues rampant here.

I'm sorry if men are oppressed in the west but it won't stop me from sticking to my guns about female emancipation here.

Don't mind them, some people will call the oppression of women an African thing and feminsim un-African forgetting that Americans and Europeans were very much like Africans A HUNDRED YEARS AGO. wink
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:28am On Jul 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:
First of all, celebrities are NOT representative of the majority of people so I do NOT understand why NAIRALANDERS always choose celebrities to make a point.

we use celebrities because that's the people you and i both know. if i said it happened to my uncle, how would you verify my story? celebrities are humans too.

Secondly, how many celebrities do you know that have kids they did not want?

plenty of them - they use millions of dollars to hide their secret love-kids.

Thirdly, how many women have the opportunity to sleep with a celebrity?

10 times more than the women sleeping with the average jòes!

Fourthly, how many women have the opportunity to sleep with a celebrity during the fertile timespan?

with 2 pills of clomid, the time of the month rarely matters.

Now let us talk about ordinary people:
I do not want to reveal too much of my privacy but in the European country where I am located, single mothers are one of the few groups of people most likely to suffer from POVERTY or to be endangered by living on the breadline. This is the reality for single mothers so let us stick to reality.

it's not that they are the most likely, they are at the bottom rung of the poverty ladder. there's a reason for this - women want to be with their men for various reasons even when the men aren't interested. are you trying to be naive here that some women don't deliberately set men up with pregnancies or what are you driving at?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:34am On Jul 06, 2014
Mondisweets: if you can prove that a woman is using the child support for her personal gain, why not institute an action of fraud against her? Again it only requires ordinary common sense!

fraud against who? even the glaring case of paternity fraud doesn't stop child support let alone proving she's using it for her personal gain. come to the UK and see women waiting on their child support check to get spa treatment and louis vuitton bags. some of them spend it on their boyfriends. the law does not even hold them accountable to produce the receipt of what they spend the money on.

another reason why you should get to know who you are with before sleeping with her, instead of going up and down london opening the legs of anything in a dress!

sex is for recreation, not for procreation. opening the legs of anything in a dress is a recreational activity. if she consents to it, what's your fuss about it?

so are her chances of dying during the abortion procedure and the chances of her womb being badly damaged!

14 women will die while birthing a child before one woman dies while having an abortion. grin

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: I don't need schooling.

OK.. grin grin
You do need it...

What you r saying is you identify by an ideology that u know little about but heck.. In going to do it anyway

Similar to someone who just wants to go to a party for no reason than just wanting to be in d part

Lol

OK..let's leave it at that
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: Trust me if I insulted you,you threw the first one.I don't insult people for having a different opinion.
I don't roll like that.
If you want to discuss with me,you've to put away high handedness,condescention and leave such words like clueless or any form of snides out of it.
You won't get any vitriols from me that way.

You being clueless isn't an insult.

Cococandy, you bullied me. cheesy grin you even claimed you knew who "panthar" was. You made false claims that I was a man/trany. My crime was saying that women are over emotional beings.

..... which you actually proved right.

May Zeus forgive you.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

we use celebrities because that's the people you and i both know. if i said it happened to my uncle, how would you verify my story? celebrities are humans too.

plenty of them - they use millions of dollars to hide their secret love-kids.

10 times more than the women sleeping with the average jòes!

with 2 pills of clomid, the time of the month rarely matters.

it's not that they are the most likely, they are at the bottom rung of the poverty ladder. there's a reason for this - women want to be with their men for various reasons even when the men aren't interested. are you trying to be naive here that some women don't deliberately set men up with pregnancies or what are you driving at?

Celebrities are humans with a very different life style from the rest and are therefore not representative of the majority so let us have a look at some statistics which are representative of the British population where you reside:

Single parent families and poverty

Children in single parent families are twice as likely as children in couple families to live in relative poverty. Over four in every 10 (43 per cent)

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/content/365/Statistics

By the way, didn't you once say your apartment in London resembles a match-box?

In this case, you have nothing to be worried about, do you?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2014
BABE!:

I am trying to say, you, mondisweet, are 14 times more likely to die from child birth than abortion.
so is every other married woman and every other woman who willing has a child outside wedlock, but do u see them aborting instead? undecided

Mental disorder ? Affect her for the rest of her life? That's sensationalism. The pros of aborting a fatherless child outweigh the cons.
i have witnessed people who have been put in mental institutions because of abortions and u think living that kind of a life is far much better than living up to your responsibilities and simply having that child.

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:38am On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

that is if they both agreed to have the baby from the outset. can a man apply for mortgage in his wife's name even when the wife isn't interested in it.....he still goes ahead with the application till it was approved...and then proceeded to use the court to force her to pay monthly payments?

here's why each case should be treated according to it's own merit. Did they explicitly have the 'I don't want a baby conversation' before sex? If yes,I'm on the side of the guy. But if they had sex and then dude remembers he doesn't want a child after the lady is already pregnant,then that's bullsh1t.

why can't you see the unfairness here?what about the unfairness to the child he only remembered he didn't want after it was concieved? Here no one cares for mother and father but the welfare of the child in question

that's why it's called estoppel - it cannot be fought!
there's more to this than met the eye. I'd like to know more about it. Hmm

but you can understand why men can't stand it, right? grin

I think I understand why men over there can't stand it. If it's continually used to cheat them,they are human and I understand. Maybe if I was there and think women are getting it fair already,I wouldn't be passionate about it.
But What I don't understand is why men here can't stand it. Is it the need to keep their women perpetually shackled?

i kid you not! watch this video.....

can't watch the video at the moment. Let me take your word for it.

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2014
BABE!:

You being clueless isn't an insult.

Cococandy, you bullied me. cheesy grin you even claimed you knew who "panthar" was. You made false claims that I was a man/trany. My crime was saying that women are over emotional beings.

..... which you actually proved right.

May Zeus forgive you.

I repeat I didn't throw one at you first. Check yourself. You must have been snide or condescending.
But I'm not interested in dilly dallying over oldies. My Apologies if you felt bullied.

I don't know Zeus. But I forgive you even if you don't apologize for your part in it. smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by mirabelpearl(f): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2014
swag loverss: If a man tells woman to get an abortion and she refuses, why should he be forced to pay child support?

For instance, a man impregnated a woman and decides that he is not mentally, physically or financially able to support a child and tells the mother to go get an abortion and the woman refuses, why should the man have to pay child support?.

I mean if a woman decides to keep the baby, that's her decision, not the man's. The man made it clear that he didn't want the child then why should he have to take care of the child since it was the woman who wanted to keep it and not him?

oh really Is dat so? If u dont like d devil's gift den dont look at it! If he cnt take d responsibilities den y have sex Dis is exactly wat happend to me. My mum is suffering alone for me jst cos she refused to abort me, yes she made d decision to keep me but she has suffered enuf! My dad is married nw n evn has 4kids y shudnt he take responsibilities for me now? @op am very dissapointed in u, d fact dat u r a lady/woman jst shows u have no human sympathy in u. Abortion is so easy to u right, n u agree dat a man should ask for abortion wen thre is a danger of d woman dieing along d line! Neva knew a lady could be dis heartless, i pray God forgive u. Jst so u knw, my mum was courageous n kept me, she is my heroine, its been 16yrs now n she is still taking d responsibilities herself n smeday, i will prove my father wrong, i will show him dat he was wrong to have asked for me to be aborted, so help me God

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by BABE3: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2014
Mondisweets: so is every other married woman, but do u see them aborting instead? undecided

i have witnessed people who have been put in mental institutions because of abortions and u think living that kind of a life is far much better than living up to your responsibilities and simply having that child.

And for every 1 of those in mental institutions, there are many having seamless abortions.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:46am On Jul 06, 2014
So I support it just because?
Well you still don't get it.
But yea let's leave it at that.

It's a cool sunday here and my favorite show is on smiley
pickabeau1:

OK.. grin grin
You do need it...

What you r saying is you identify by an ideology that u know little about but heck.. In going to do it anyway

Similar to someone who just wants to go to a party for no reason than just wanting to be in d part

Lol

OK..let's leave it at that

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy:
here's why each case should be treated according to it's own merit. Did they explicitly have the 'I don't want a baby conversation' before sex? If yes,I'm on the side of the guy. But if they had sex and then dude remembers he doesn't want a child after the lady is already pregnant,then that's bullsh1t.

yes....in almost every case.
i don't see how a woman would generally assume a guy wants her to have their baby because he wants sex. if he wants a baby, marriage would be his first step, no?

what about the unfairness to the child he only remembered he didn't want after it was concieved? Here no one cares for mother and father but the welfare of the child in question

he didn't just remember - read the OP's post again. he had stated "no babies" before the sex. he's not ready for a baby and the woman still presses ahead to have a child. whose fault is that?

there's more to this than met the eye. I'd like to know more about it. Hmm

there are thousands of such cases on the internet.

I think I understand why men over there can't stand it. If it's continually used to cheat them,they are human and I understand. Maybe if I was there and think women are getting it fair already,I wouldn't be passionate about it.

so you can understand my grievances but you cannot understand pickaboo's grievance? grin grin at least, we are getting somewhere - you are admitting the system is unfair abroad but it's needed in africa. cheesy

But What I don't understand is why men here can't stand it. Is it the need to keep their women perpetually shackled?

because they don't want to be miserable like most men abroad. if there's an outbreak of rabies abroad, would you not take preventive measures before it spreads to nigeria? google the male suicide statistics abroad & you will understand the suffering of men.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2014
Yea. It's African and it's our culture.
So even if it's not fair to women it shouldn't be protested because?

Well I know better. But like someone said. It's just a matter of time. No need to hyperventilate over issues that will reslove themselves the more people get exposed.
carefreewannabe:

Don't mind them, some people will call the oppression of women an African thing and feminsim un-African forgetting that Americans and Europeans were very much like Africans A HUNDRED YEARS AGO. wink

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

fraud against who? even the glaring case of paternity fraud doesn't stop child support let alone proving she's using it for her personal gain. come to the UK and see women waiting on their child support check to get spa treatment and louis vuitton bags. some of them spend it on their boyfriends. the law does not even hold them accountable to produce the receipt of what they spend the money on.
why would u want to stop paying child support for your own child? undecided the fraud case against her will only stop the mother from collecting excess money as maintainence for the child that's it!
There so many other options, you can pay the child's fees directly yourself. Buy the groceries and have them delivered to them (thanks to online shopping you can even do that for someone who is miles away) you can always buy clothes for the child yourself or take the child shopping when u visit him or her.

Or you can file for full custody of the child and live with the child yourself!

There are so many remedies!

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: Yea. It's African and it's our culture.
So even if it's not fair to women it shouldn't be protested because?

Well I know better. But like someone said. It's just a matter of time. No need to hyperventilate over issues that will reslove themselves the more people get exposed.

Keep up the good work, no progress without women like you. Happy Sunday sis!

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 11:53am On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: So I support it just because?
Well you still don't get it.
But yea let's leave it at that.

It's a cool sunday here and my favorite show is on smiley

Yes u do....just because...but wat the heck..its only an opinion..

Which show is that...
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Celebrities are humans with a very different life style from the rest and are therefore not representative of the majority so let us have a look at some statistics which are representative of the British population where you reside

and that makes it fair for a woman to saddle them with an unwanted baby?

Single parent families and poverty
Children in single parent families are twice as likely as children in couple families to live in relative poverty. Over four in every 10 (43 per cent)

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/content/365/Statistics

we have already addressed this issue - they are poor because most of them cannot work full time. they are poor because most of them don't even have top of the range degree certificates. how's a single woman who works part time as a temp because she doesn't like math subjects is expected to compete with his male counterpart?

By the way, didn't you once say your apartment in London resembles a match-box?
In this case, you have nothing to be worried about, do you?

but the rent of that match-box flat is probably your annual rent in your mansion. it's not the size that matters but the value. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2014
BABE!:

And for every 1 of those in mental institutions, there are many having seamless abortions.
please show me where i said every one who is in a mental institution is there because they had an abortion? Kindly stop displaying your stupidity. smiley
So a woman should risk her wellbeing because she doesn't want to risk giving birth?
so everyone woman who gave birth instead of aborting died?

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

and that it makes it fair for a woman to saddle them with an unwanted baby?

Hell no! Did I say so?

we have already addressed this issue - they are poor because most of them cannot work full time. they are poor because most of them don't even top of the range degree certificates. how's a single woman who works part time as a temp because she doesn't like math subjects is expected to compete with his male counterpart?

You said single motherhood is a lucrative job and I showed you that the reality for many single mothers is very different. Women who have kids with very rich men are an exception not the rule.

but the rent of that match-box flat is probably your annual rent in your mansion. it's not the size that matters but the value. cheesy

I don't see any reason to pay a huge amount of money for a match-box but to each their own.

If you were rich, you would be able to afford to pay for a villa in LONDON. As you are not, there is no reason for you to be worried about women making business from your sperm, right?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by cococandy(f): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
coogar:

yes....in almost every case.
i don't see how a woman would generally assume a guy wants her to have their baby because he wants sex. if he wants a baby, marriage would be his first step, no?

the woman may not want a baby at first too. Infact that's the default position. But then the baby went in. They are both at fault for not clearly stating their stands in the beginning. So now the baby is here what next?

he didn't just remember - read the OP's post again. he had stated "no babies" before the sex. he's not ready for a baby and the woman still presses ahead to have a child. whose fault is that?

if we follow strict logic,the guy can be excused. But I'm guessing whoever made the laws looks at the infant kids and decides that whatever the parents agreed to flies in the face of the emergency that is the delicate needy infant. If we are thinking of the kids here then it makes sense too. Even though it's unfair to the man who didn't agree to that.but it's not made to spite any of the parents just to take care of the child. But what I'll never root for is men paying for kids that are not theirs. It's very unfair

there are thousands of such cases on the internet.

so you can understand my grievances but you cannot understand pickaboo's grievance? grin grin at least, we are getting somewhere - you are admitting the system is unfair abroad but it's needed in africa. cheesy

yes close. I understand your grievance. I don't understand his. But then Not all of it is unfair abroad. There should be steps taken to ensure that the system abusers don't manipulate it out of spite. So that fairness is maintained and balanced

because they don't want to be miserable like most men abroad. if there's an outbreak of rabies abroad, would you not take preventive measures before it spreads to nigeria? google the male suicide statistics abroad & you will understand the suffering of men.

that could be a reason. But is it a case of 'instead of men to be miserable. Let women be'?
It can't be better that way. And they need not be afraid of such occurence. It's highly unlikely

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mondisweets: why would u want to stop paying child support for your own child? undecided

because i am sure the payment isn't spent entirely on my child. it's called child support not mother/child support. the government & child protection services should enforce women to produce receipts before getting the next cheque.

the fraud case against her will only stop the mother from collecting excess money as maintainence for the child that's it!

fraud against her? when the female affair minister is campaigning that all female prisons should be closed as no women is dangerous enough to be locked behind bars? you are reaching......

There so many other options, you can pay the child's fees directly yourself. Buy the groceries and have them delivered to them (thanks to online shopping you can even do that for someone who is miles away) you can always buy clothes for the child yourself or take the child shopping when u visit him or her.

such options don't exist - it's a direct debit transaction. at a certain day of the month, the money leaves the account of the man to the woman. in some of the cases, the men don't even get to see the progress of the child they are spending the money on. the average price of raising a child into adulthood in the UK is £220,000. do the math!

Or you can file for full custody of the child and live with the child yourself!
There are so many remedies!

if that is so easy, 70% of custody battles won't be won by the women. unless a woman is a drug/alcohol addict or with a history of child abuse, there's no way a court would not give her the custody of the child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply)

Muslim Dad Tries Killing Daughter Who Got Pregnant For Christian Boy In Plateau / Her Mother Making Passes At Her Husband / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.