Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,512 members, 7,968,385 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:26 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (232928 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

No wonder your tribe men left Nigeria as an eyesore to black Africa.

A rogue state that manufactured outstanding products is better than a Nation that imports junks.

Olodo

Do you know that India can produce light fighter jets, aircraft carrier etc

Olodo

Ask yourself when India got her independence

India is just 13 years older than Nigeria.

India independence 1947.
OlODO WAWA is india the same as ur failed Rogue state. Nigeria is behind india in terms of tech
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibnsultan: Nigeria is behind india in terms of tech

Yet a cattle herder like you attacks me when I call for development of indigenous military tech

Hausa-Fulani are clog in the Nigeria wheel.

Nigerians let's development our weapons and in 20 yrs we will be exporting military tech

Our universities/polys can if we encourage them to establish a yearly national project on development of military tech.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Litmus: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibnsultan: OlODO WAWA is india the same as ur failed Rogue state. Nigeria is behind india in terms of tech

contemporary India is worst than Nigeria in almost every aspect

India is technologically more advanced.

India does not have as many unpatriotic individuals who would demean themselves by denigrating their nation
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
I hope the pilots were safe....
SHOPPING LIST FOR THE FRONTLINES.
A few months ago, defence blog, Beegeagle., reported that the President, GEJ, had requested that the National Assembly release 1bn dollars for the campaign going on in the North East..we were all estatic and greeted the news with joy...News trickling in, first as rumours, that an Mi-35 Gunship of the NAF. Had crashed has now been confirmed..Makes one wonder, will USD1bn be enough? Here is a "list" of things urgently needed at the frontlines..Mr President, if you are reading this, attend to the plight of your men from your position as Commander-in-Chief...Sir, its time to disregard analysis of ppl who are just trying to keep their jobs by saying that all is well..Sir, all is not well at all for the past 2 months..BH has continued to isolate military units and storm camps in their hundreds..Pls sir...this is what is urgently needed..
1. NVGs for all SF teams operating behind enemy lines...their work is suicidal..yet they go into the Night with songs of praises for the Army..they need NVGs.
2. Tavor rifles for all SF teams in the N.E: Sir, the cameroonian BIR troops, when engaging BH in gun battles, use rifles so accurate, its like taking candy from a baby..our SF teams too need Tavors.
3. Changing from 3mags per man system..Sir, some of the Bulletproof vests, do not have pouches for ammo..pls sir, Mag pouches are urgently need to be worn over vests without pouches...3mags in a gunfight is too small sir, especially with a weapon as inaccurate as an AK..at least, 6 mags per man.
4.Replacing all Hilux vehicles with MRAPs and APCs and relegating Hilux vehicles to mobile supply vehicles..
5.Needed infantry systems: AGLs, UGLs for AKs, NV binoculars, more desert camos, knee pads, elbow pads, and more importantly, ATGMs.
6. Firepower needed: at least 300 BMP-2s along with 600-100 Zsu-23-2 mounted guntrucks...For offensive operations...troops are tired of always defending bases..
7.Handheld drones: even Kenyan troops field them..for Company level surveillance.
8. Mosquito nets, desert goggles, and handcuffs.
9. Prayers of Nigerians.

Thank You.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Yet a cattle herder like you attacks me when I call for development of indigenous military tech

Nigerians let's development our weapons and in 20 yrs we will be exporting military tech

Our universities/polys can if we encourage them to establish a yearly national project on development of military tech.

Haba Leopard, you too dey vex. IbnSultan has been unfailingly cordial with every word he utters during these discussions, and his name notwithstanding, it took me a while to figure out that he truly is a Hausa of Fulani northern Nigerian, given his obvious support for the federal side of this conflict, and my own naive assumption that most northern Nigerians would be more inclined to support the cause of the the invading slave-raiders covertly, if not openly, simply on the basis of shared religious leaning.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

. I see ur dolonci. I have always supported the idea. Nigeria should be producing its military Hardwares/ go into partnership with defence companies to build needed equipments in Nigeria. Dicon to me is only 16% what we want it to be
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jakumo:

Haba Leopard, you too dey vex. IbnSultan has been unfailingly cordial with every word he utters during these discussions, and his name notwithstanding, it took me a while to figure out that he truly is a Hausa of Fulani northern Nigerian, given his obvious support for the federal side of this conflict, and my own naive assumption that most northern Nigerians would be more inclined to support the cause of the the invading slave-raiders covertly, if not openly, simply on the basis of shared religious leaning.

sharap Am a patriot and I fully support the military in its effort to secure our Homeland. Northerners have always been involve in Nig mil engagement frm ww2,liberia so also now In NE theater. My tribe should not stop me frm loving my country. My people will cont to serve in The military no matter the price we have to pay. The military is my FAMILY. What have u done/family 4 Nig
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlord: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibnsultan: sharap Am a patriot and I fully support the military in its effort to secure our Homeland. Northerners have always been involve in Nig mil engagement frm ww2,liberia so also now In NE theater. My tribe should not stop me frm loving my country. My people will cont to serve in The military no matter the price we have to pay. The military is my FAMILY. What have u done/family 4 Nig

Bros, did you read the post before quoting him?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
brownlord:

Bros, did you read the post before quoting him?
Maybe he needs stronger glasses to magnify the letters.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
When shettima said some months ago dat d NA aint well motivated and lack ammo,we all called for his head. We luv living in denial in nigeria. Sometimes,i wonder d input of aliyu gusau in diz fight against bh. Dude has been silent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibnsultan: sharap Am a patriot and I fully support the military in its effort to secure our Homeland. Northerners have always been involve in Nig mil engagement frm ww2,liberia so also now In NE theater. My tribe should not stop me frm loving my country. My people will cont to serve in The military no matter the price we have to pay. The military is my FAMILY. What have u done/family 4 Nig

Chai Diariz God o.

I salute the man finish say him dey gentle and cool, but na koboko and heavy slap the man come take reply me.

Ok I nogo talk again o. I beg no vex. We dey follow you for back. Your enemy na we enemy. Your friend na we master. No shaking.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oga sirius ... Give us "motivatiional pictures" !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
it still baffles me how bh get weapons and why d fg cant block it. Even if dey get guns,ao do dey get bullet? Dey av nva run out of ammo.......d military shud be working in blocking all these. The material dey use in making bombs shud be known and prevented frm getting to dem.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
oga siriusblack...............isnt it pathetic despite all d arrests of top bh commanders,we still avnt knw who bh sponsors are? I remember abu qaqa,abu qada,kabiru sokoto,aint dey talking? Is it dat they werent drilled? We do watch in american films ao arrested criminals are 'induced' to make confessions technologically.......cant we employ dat here?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jakumo:

Chai Diariz God o.

I salute the man finish say him dey gentle and cool, but na koboko and heavy slap the man come take reply me.

Ok I nogo talk again o. I beg no vex. We dey follow you for back. Your enemy na we enemy. Your friend na we master. No shaking.
AwooAh. Let's be partners and make Nigeria a better Country for our children shalom compatriot. Earlier post I was just emotional
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
egbaguy: oga siriusblack...............isnt it pathetic despite all d arrests of top bh commanders,we still avnt knw who bh sponsors are? I remember abu qaqa,abu qada,kabiru sokoto,aint dey talking? Is it dat they werent drilled? We do watch in american films ao arrested criminals are 'induced' to make confessions technologically.......cant we employ dat here?

how can you get any intel when it is bh symapathizers in the army that debrief them.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
egbaguy: it still baffles me how bh get weapons and why d fg cant block it. Even if dey get guns,ao do dey get bullet? Dey av nva run out of ammo.......d military shud be working in blocking all these. The material dey use in making bombs shud be known and prevented frm getting to dem.

Primarily, the weapons of war fielded by the Boko Haram terror group filter in from across the Sahara Desert from Libya via Mali, but the entirety of Nigeria's northern desert border zone is far more porous than are border regions to the east and west. To a lesser extent due to geography, war surplus infantry weapons also get smuggled into Nigeria by sea from endemically conflict ridden Central African countries such as the Democratic Republic of Congo, where AK47 rifles are sold cheaper than bicycles, and even more available for purchase on a no-questions-asked basis.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
egbaguy: it still baffles me how bh get weapons and why d fg cant block it. Even if dey get guns,ao do dey get bullet? Dey av nva run out of ammo.......d military shud be working in blocking all these. The material dey use in making bombs shud be known and prevented frm getting to dem.

Our border security is under staff not fenced and camera monitored
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ibnsultan: AwooAh. Let's be partners and make Nigeria a better Country for our children shalom compatriot. Earlier post I was just emotional

Baa magana, Megida IbnSultan. Many Nigerians forget that the MAJORITY of both civilian and military casualties inflicted by the Boko Haram terror gang have been Muslim Hausa and Fulani people who previously lived in cooperation and peace with their Christian southern neighbors who chose to reside in the north of the country.

Sadly now the moderate and non-confrontational interpretation of the Islamic faith embraced by northern Nigeria's vast majority is rejected by the slave-raiding terror gangs, who dream only of conquest via genocide, while misquoting holy books to seek legitimacy.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
afube:

My brother,naija's case is a sad story of squandering of riches.....algeria has a foreign currency reserve of 230 billion dollars,nigeria's dollar reserves is just about 50 billion dollars.......flashback to 2004, both nations were at par in respect to foreign reserves.

Algeria has gone on to increase their reserves,while our politicians have managed to squander ours on properties abroad,private jets and estates in banana republic or is it banana island.

Brethren I sincerely believe that God's hand of judgement is about to descend on this nation and its looting class....

You look at our military, especially our Army, and you see a reflection of the Pakistani army. It's as if the pakistanis are reborn in nigeria.

The annoying things is, we did not copy the good part of the pakistanis. We duplicated all that is sub-par of the pakistani army to ours. Troops wearing bullet-proof vests without pouches, the use of Pick-up trucks for operations in high risk areas, troops walking around without webbing. I recently saw a South-African bulletproof vest and immediately fell sad for our troops.

Dicon-marom produce a bulletproof vest with multiple pouches, but why our troops are issued with those sup-par vests is un-explainable.

The thing with algeria is, not only do they have a fantastic, well-equipped military, but their major cities (abuja, lagos kind of cities), look like southern-France with amazing infrastructure. Beautiful bridges, road, power etc.

I just hope and beg that our leaders can see the bigger picture, you going to get insluted and stereotyped whether you're petty citizen or powerful president. Everyone of us would share the same fate.

1 billion dollars is a lot of money, with 1 billion dollars Angola got 12 indian SU-30 fighter jets from russia (full package, weapons, spares training et al), Infantry fighting vehicles, MI-17 helicopters, MI-35p helicopters, additional arms & ammo, plus upgrade of their surveillance system and command & control structure.

1 billion dollars is a lot of money, I hope our military top-brass upgrade our security architecture. They went to the dubai air-show in 2013, previous Farnborough airshow, chinese military shows, we recently hosted armoured vehicles west africa conference, land forces africa conference and OPV africa conference.

They cannot say they don't know how troops are supposed to be kitted up or equipped, they cannot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Our border security is under staff not fenced and camera monitored
how has d govt respond to diz? If 'simle' things like diz aint taken care of,i dnt see war on bh ending soon.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
tit:

how can you get any intel when it is bh symapathizers in the army that debrief them.
datz vry sad. I av said it over and over dat military personnel of northern origin shud be bye passed and isolated in some aspects in fight against bh. An average northerner is a bh apologist.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jakumo:

Primarily, the weapons of war fielded by the Boko Haram terror group filter in from across the Sahara Desert from Libya via Mali, but the entirety of Nigeria's northern desert border zone is far more porous than are border regions to the east and west. To a lesser extent due to geography, war surplus infantry weapons also get smuggled into Nigeria by sea from endemically conflict ridden Central African countries such as the Democratic Republic of Congo, where AK47 rifles are sold cheaper than bicycles, and even more available for purchase on a no-questions-asked basis.
what has govt done to tackle this?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nigerian Army...Frontlines of the North East.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
egbaguy: how has d govt respond to diz? If 'simle' things like diz aint taken care of,i dnt see war on bh ending soon.

Ending ke

We can only contain them

Those guys are armorphous in operations in other words they apply conventional tactics when they are strong and guerrilla tactics when they are weak.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by OCTAVO: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
The same military that fought Biafra war and conquered. angry
It's just a matter of time, this too will sure come to an end.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jakumo:

Baa magana, Megida IbnSultan. Many Nigerians forget that the MAJORITY of both civilian and military casualties inflicted by the Boko Haram terror gang have been Muslim Hausa and Fulani people who previously lived in cooperation and peace with their Christian southern neighbors who chose to reside in the north of the country.

This statement may be false.
First of all Borno state has a sizeable indigenous Christian population. I have family from the Munguno area who have been Christians for five generations now.
I bet you, the indigenous Christians of Borno have borne a disproportionate amount of the casualties.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Ending ke

We can only contain them

Those guys are armorphous in operations in other words they apply conventional tactics when they are strong and guerrilla tactics when they are weak.
wahala dey oooo.......dnt u think dey'll spread to oda states.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jakumo:

Sadly now the moderate and non-confrontational interpretation of the Islamic faith embraced by northern Nigeria's vast majority is rejected by the slave-raiding terror gangs, who dream only of conquest via genocide, while misquoting holy books to seek legitimacy.
on point brother. @tit both religions have suffered a lot. Do u knw BH hav killed islamic scholars sometimes when the are in d mosque praying. BH is our enemy
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
Brothers in arms, posing for a group photograph before lock-and-load time arrives. A moment in time captured for posterity, come what may.

One imagines that some years down the road, those soldiers who survived the war will look through pictures such as these, and recall acts of great valor, of lives saved by covering fire and by the whims of sheer fate, and of course, they will gaze with heavy hearts, into the eyes of those who never made it out the other end when the smoke finally cleared.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
egbaguy: wahala dey oooo.......dnt u think dey'll spread to oda states.

That's possible when the indigenes provide support.

Nobody is asking why Borno North which is Muslim dominated is calm and Borno South which is Christian dominated is raging on fire.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

That's possible when the indigenes provide support.

Nobody is asking why Borno North which is Muslim dominated is calm and Borno South which is Christian dominated is raging on fire.

Ha! ha!
Politics Jihad by other means.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (73) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.