Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,582 members, 7,937,654 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (232545 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2014
chiboyo:
Long live Nigeria!!!
Down with betrayers and mutineers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 11:40am On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
^^
How can you really hope to defeat the very secretive Shekau and his cronies by sharing info about your colleagues and your equipment with all and sundry on NL?

. U call those rusty ak's, T55 , panhard apc and sargie tank destroyers equipment ! Give those soldiers guys real equipment, highest is six month they will destroy BH ! @Quid u know they watch news oh if u dey current u go know say showing of equipment does not mean u r leaking vital intel to d enemy av I not told u, go to d official facebook page of nigeria army then u will enough nigeria military hard so to call equipment there over 1000 pictures then u will know that sirius is not disclosing anything compared to d FB page of NA. And I believe BH as access and they do visit d NA facebook page too so logoff ... No be by force say make u dey dis thread!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 11:52am On Jul 22, 2014
@ sirius those guys in dat apc picture that d glass windows where shot are they alive. If they r? Dey should av given testimony and thank GoD @ there respective church and mosque dat dey r alive,dat was close !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 11:58am On Jul 22, 2014
Ibnsultan: terminating shekau and his co's is as important as other COIN strategies:youth unemployment:education :gud leadership etc our troops need to kill all HVT
i no understand u one bit
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ibnsultan:
terminating shekau and his co's is as important as other COIN strategies
^^ General gist

Ibnsultan:
:youth unemployment:education :gud leadership etc our troops need to kill all HVT
Now you are meandering into the realm of politicians. . . sounds very familiar.
Stirrings of mutiny . . .
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
Jakumo:

Mr. Femi if the military top brass has decided to describe the downed helicopter as victim of mechanical failure during a training mission, so as not to make public bad news that may demoralize other flight crews who get airborne in the theater of war, then there is no need for we armchair observers to scold the powers that be for their information management during a full-scale war.

U ve spoken well

Bt if boko haram should come out and claim they shot down the helicopter. Dont u think that will do more harm than good

..mind u d nigerians press reports more of boko haram attacks than d nigerian millitary successes so this will go viral

In war situations such things happen if truly it was shot down bt the response of the millitary to that is what is important

Also they could ve been mute ..silence could ve been better and keep people guessing ..it makes the news unverifiable

They need to work more on their Pr

If not for this thread trust me, my belief in NA would ve been zero

@siriusblack doing a good work of Pr for Na they should learn from him

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
[b]
SiriusBlack: @Quid
I have read with great amusement, your constant bashing of this thread...I know how you come here at 3:am to heap accusations on me..calling me a betrayer and all that...
Let me tell you something...No amount of insults, abuse, and accusations will ever make me stop my work...you can come here, post photos of sulptures, and other stuff like you have done in the past, it just won't stop me..I will keep posting photos from the frontlines, relaying requests for equipment upgrades, and when we eventually get Shekau, I will break my no corpses policy and get exclusive photos to put here..I'm not going to argue with you over what you call classified or otherwise, Only if soldiers at the frontlines tell me to stop, that I will, and so far, I have peeps who keep pleading with me to also put their own photos online too..So you see, shout and scream from now till next year, I will keep posting...you can't stop me..This thread is not for me, or you, or for Gen.Minimah...this thread is a piece of history that 30 years from now, will be vey valuable...Since our journalists prefer to chase celebrities than get behind the camera and visit Maiduguri, I will make this thread my work...Only my death can stop this work...Our troops's stories have to be told...NLders, if I eventually pay the ultimate price, I have given instructions to a close friend, to reveal my identity...till then, this is my war..quid, this is the last message I will ever send you.
God bless a Unified Nigeria.
[/b]

@SiriusBlack.

No matter the months or years it takes to prosecute the NE war, you're not coming back to your family and loved ones in body bag or coffin IJN. You walked into the war with your body intact, you'll work out will your body intact. I pray that in the next 20 - 25 years, you will live to talk and write the stories of this war.

@Quid,
I want to toll the path of other guys giving wonderful contributors on this thread, lets not give a guy with a demented mind and brain the opportunity to be popular on this forum and most especially on this thread. Like i said in one of my post, he is infected with a PHD and ignorance syndrome.

The fall guy revealed a great degree of ignorance in one of his post this morning, when he said, revealing the weapons used by the Nigerian Army on this thread is synonymous to revealing vital and sensitive information, he went further to say, by revealing such weapons, it gives the enemies opportunity to procure for themselves better or more advance weapon to counter that of Nigeria Army. This is totally absurd and can only come from unintelligent person.

How can revealing the NA light and heavy weapons be detrimental to the troops well-being and safety Mr. Quid? Why do you think that the US, British, Germany, Russia and other do an open gun shows, test firing advance weapons and conducting aeroplane shows? It is simply to send a message to others countries that what you're seeing are what we have and capable to creating more. In early 80s, as a kid, I was always thrilled when the Nigeria Air force flies their Mig 29 Fulcrum and Alpha jets over our house in Lagos, everybody would come out to see the display. I am so sure if you were born then, you would have queried the NAF of exhibiting the Mig - 29 and Alpha jets. Oga, in those years, NAF used Dornier 227 to throw down a small green white green ball from the sky during the independent day, as a kid we always look forward to 1st of October because you will see green white green balls dropping from the sky. I'm sure you would has asked the NAF why use a Dornier -227 to for such purpose.

Quid, there is nothing sensitive or vital or classified in revealing the guns and other heavy weapons our troops are using to persecute this war. What it has succeeded in doing was to reveal to well meaning Nigerians that our military armory - Army, Airforce, Navy, Police and other gun carrying agencies need to be urgently rebased.

Quid, in conclusion P. J. O'Rourke once said, 'Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.'

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Quid, in conclusion P. J. O'Rourke once said, 'Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.'

[/quote

@adeyemik

First of all a big Amen to ur prayer for @siriusblack

U hit d nail on the head wit dat quote

Bt like sirius said dnt let us quote him or give him attention that is wot he is craving for

U are a good writer by the way

I love ur choice of words

Am ff u kindly ff bk
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
SiriusBlack: Daily close shaves with death..Frontlines of the North East.
Phew! Close shave
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
adeyemik: [b][/b]

@Quid,
I want to toll the path of other guys giving wonderful contributors on this thread, lets not give a guy with a demented mind and brain the opportunity to be popular on this forum and most especially on this thread. Like i said in one of my post, he is infected with a PHD and ignorance syndrome.

The fall guy revealed a great degree of ignorance in one of his post this morning, when he said, revealing the weapons used by the Nigerian Army on this thread is synonymous to revealing vital and sensitive information, he went further to say, by revealing such weapons, it gives the enemies opportunity to procure for themselves better or more advance weapon to counter that of Nigeria Army. This is totally absurd and can only come from unintelligent person.

How can revealing the NA light and heavy weapons be detrimental to the troops well-being and safety Mr. Quid? Why do you think that the US, British, Germany, Russia and other do an open gun shows, test firing advance weapons and conducting aeroplane shows?
Stop comparing Britain, Germany and Russia to Nigeria.
Nigeria does not produce arms like these countries, and so has nothing to showcase.

Both NA and BH are importers of weapons.
This thread indirectly tells BH the best types of weapons that will counter NA weapons
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
Nigeria does not produce arms like these countries, and so has nothing to showcase.

This thread indirectly tells BH the best types of weapons that will counter NA weapons

@QUID,

Stop displaying your ignorance.

When you don't know please asked. Defense industries corporation of Nigeria, in Kaduna produces medium range weapons such as 60mm mortar, 81mm mortar, the RPG-7 and Irigidi APC. DICON is in the process of producing Nigeria version of AK47.

Maya Angelou says ' My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
SiriusBlack: Daily close shaves with death..Frontlines of the North East.

Is dis an apc ?

Y is the glass not bulletproof?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
adeyemik:

@QUID,

Stop displaying your ignorance.

When you don't know please asked. Defense industries corporation of Nigeria, in Kaduna produces medium range weapons such as 60mm mortar, 81mm mortar, the RPG-7 and Irigidi APC. DICON is in the process of producing Nigeria version of AK47.
They assemble what they ARE GIVEN TO ASSEMBLE.
They dont INNOVATE.

adeyemik:
Maya Angelou says ' My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.'
^^ stop quoting this great lady's poem in the wrong context
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
^^
How can you really hope to defeat the very secretive Shekau and his cronies by sharing info about your colleagues and your equipment with all and sundry on NL?

u r a bastard and an alimajiri who has been lured. u n shekau r bastards
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
SIRIUS YOU ARE NOT DYING

TEN THOUSAND BULLETS WILL PASS BY BUT NONE WILL TOUCH YOU

BOMBS WILL EXPLODE IN YOUR FRONT BUT THE HAND OF GOD WILL PROTECT YOU

YOU ARE GEJ UNSEEN HELPER FOR THAT REASON YOU SHALL NOT DIE

NIGERIANS CLICK LIKE

IF YOU BELIEVE SIRIUS WILL NOT DIE BUT LIVE TO SEE THE END OF SHECOW

Click like.

VICTORIA ACERTA= VICTORY IS CERTAIN

31 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
They assemble what they ARE GIVEN TO ASSEMBLE.
They dont INNOVATE.

^^ stop quoting this great lady's poem in the wrong context

Comrade ceasefire

You know am pro-GEJ and would defend his government

Pls trust my comment

Sirius is GEJ unseen helper.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Cooleasy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
SiriusBlack: @Quid
I have read with great amusement, your constant bashing of this thread...I know how you come here at 3:am to heap accusations on me..calling me a betrayer and all that...
Let me tell you something...No amount of insults, abuse, and accusations will ever make me stop my work...you can come here, post photos of sulptures, and other stuff like you have done in the past, it just won't stop me..I will keep posting photos from the frontlines, relaying requests for equipment upgrades, and when we eventually get Shekau, I will break my no corpses policy and get exclusive photos to put here..I'm not going to argue with you over what you call classified or otherwise, Only if soldiers at the frontlines tell me to stop, that I will, and so far, I have peeps who keep pleading with me to also put their own photos online too..So you see, shout and scream from now till next year, I will keep posting...you can't stop me..This thread is not for me, or you, or for Gen.Minimah...this thread is a piece of history that 30 years from now, will be vey valuable...Since our journalists prefer to chase celebrities than get behind the camera and visit Maiduguri, I will make this thread my work...Only my death can stop this work...Our troops's stories have to be told...NLders, if I eventually pay the ultimate price, I have given instructions to a close friend, to reveal my identity...till then, this is my war..quid, this is the last message I will ever send you.
God bless a Unified Nigeria.
By the special grace of God, you WILL NOT die in this war. I want you to know that you are highly appreciated. This thread is the single most important reason why my belief in the capability of the Nigerian Army has been rekindled. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
femikay149:

Is dis an apc ?

Y is the glass not bulletproof?

M sure it was an HMG round.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
@Siriusblack d same thing i told my elder brother abt diz thread is what u said. its a great asset. an asset not for diz generation alone but for d ones to come and see what and how it took great men, effort and skills to conquer terrorism in Nigeria. its a referrer for our children and our international communities to come see dem here , courtesy of a great mind, visionary and combatant army who has seen d future from now. keep on keeping on. Nobody miopic minded fool call QUID can stop or discourage ur effort. Am waiting for his relies and awl foklow d bastard up
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by CyberJuggernaut(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
Ok o.

[size=15pt] The Second Coming [/size]

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Classic Mumu

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
It baffles me how people couldn't just ignore this Quid of a guy honestly. grin

Even if he quotes you, U don't have to reply. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
cirmuell: It baffles me how people couldn't just ignore this Quid of a guy honestly. grin

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
@Quid is a destitute worst dan his deceivers .

D fools r against western education but speak gud english. u write and go abroad why dont u stay in ur locals . dirty stinky idiots
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chris365(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
cirmuell: It baffles me how people couldn't just ignore this Quid of a guy honestly. grin

dem get enough data to wastegrin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ocelot2006(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:

Sure...We don't produce pistols (Beretta 92M/NP1, Browning Hi-Power), or Assault rifles (FN-FAL/NR1, OBJ-006/Type 56), or machine guns (GPMG), or Mortars, or APCS (Igirigi, Proforce, Mekahog), or UAVs (Amebo1, Amebo2)......

Seriously, who's this ignorant a$$-wipe with coconut - water for brains?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
@Quid am waiting for u to reply me or start tracing me am waiting for u and am ready for u
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
SiriusBlack: M sure it was an HMG round.
probably two of those hits dat same spot!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
siriusblack...........there was this officer then who used to be in d news when d BH operation started,sagir musa. Dnt seem to hear about him again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by hiwalls(m): 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
quid:
LMAO
rephrase ur statemment to make Sense
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
SiriusBlack: ..I'm not going to argue with you over what you call classified or otherwise, Only if soldiers at the frontlines tell me to stop, that I will, and so far, I have peeps who keep pleading with me to also put their own photos online too..

I would like to believe you are a commissioned officer and know about corporate external communications policy. (This is assuming the Nigerian Army has a positive image and develops a communications policy that enhances that positive image).
I am a great admirer of this thread and spend a good amount of web time on it. The public is starved of information about the NE and this fills some of that vacuum. However I am appalled that most of the info you pass here, which comes to you by means of your employment in the Nigerian Armed Forces, are only vetted by your whims and caprices, however good and high-minded, to you, they may be. I had thought you were acting for your unit under the orders of it's CO.
Apart from Quid another character Barcanista, who is definitely not a Jonathanian, has also expressed caution about the appropriateness of some of the information here. The information here has sometimes been vaguely critical of your organisation: The Nigerian Armed Forces. At other times it has been clearly undermining. You have sought to paint individual soldiers in good light but have been restrained in painting the corporate body so.
That is not good external communications.
I enjoy the thread. I shall continue to gawk at the fascinating loss of treasure and blood.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
tit:

I would like to believe you are a commissioned officer and know about corporate external communications policy. (This is assuming the Nigerian Army has a positive image and develops a communications policy that enhances that positive image).
I am a great admirer of this thread and spend a good amount of web time on it. The public is starved of information about the NE and this fills some of that vacuum. However I am appalled that most of the info you pass here, which comes to you by means of your employment in the Nigerian Armed Forces, are only vetted by your whims and caprices, however good and high-minded, to you, they may be. I had thought you were acting for your unit under the orders of it's CO.
Apart from Quid another character Barcanista, who is definitely not a Jonathanian, has also expressed caution about the appropriateness of some of the information here. The information here has sometimes been vaguely critical of your organisation: The Nigerian Armed Forces. At other times it has been clearly undermining. You have sought to paint individual soldiers in good light but have been restrained in painting the corporate body so.
That is not good external communications.
I enjoy the thread. I shall continue to gawk at the fascinating loss of treasure and blood.

I disagree with you

Nigerians are good is different from Nigeria is bad

Some soldiers are willing to defend the Nation but military authority is not living up to expectation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
egbaguy: siriusblack ...........there was this officer then who used to be in d news when d BH operation started,sagir musa. Dnt seem to hear about him again.
He was redeployed...Now spokesman of Trainning and Doctrine Command..Niger State.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (73) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.